Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Taking Over Me ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Taking Over Me

Chapter 6

By Sailor Red

IMPORTANT Author's Note!!!!

I have to make sure that everyone knows how the Japanese use names, as it's important to some of this chapter. Between friends, -chan is used for females, -kun is used for males. -san is used for people you don't know very well, and is rather formal. It's the suffix you'd use for your boss, someone else's parent, or just the random guy with a nametag you bump into on the street. Generally, -kun or -chan will be used for classmates, -san is nearly unheard of among peers, unless they are upperclassmen or student body members. Therefore, calling a friend -san, is a very, very harsh thing to do.

On with the fic! I don't own Digimon! However, Digimon does seem to own me right now. -_-;

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

"Sleepover?" Mr. Ishida sighed over the phone. "How many?" Yamato smiled. It seemed his father was going to 'okay' Hikari's idea. The young woman suggested it after realizing that some of the digidestined were a little too . . . rowdy . . . to head home.

"Five. Hikari, Mimi, Sora, Taichi, and Takeru want to stay. Everyone else has gone home." Yamato mentally crossed his fingers. He really didn't want to send his friends packing.

"Alright, just keep it PG-13." Yamato's eyes widened.

"DAD!!" Mr. Ishida chuckled.

"Well, come on Matt, I know Takeru's pretty fond of Hikari, and you've got a thing for . . ."

"Dad! Quit it!" Mr. Ishida laughed, said his goodbye, and hung up. Yamato rolled his eyes and headed back to the living room. Sora, Mimi, and Hikari were sitting on the floor chatting with each other loudly. Takeru was flipping through movies, trying to pick one to watch, and Taichi was sitting on the couch, looking deep in thought and smiling.

Yamato sighed and plopped onto the couch, breaking Taichi out of his reverie.

"So?" The brunette asked, still smiling. Yamato leaned back into the couch and stretched. He let his arms drop on the top of the couch, leaving one of his arms practically around Taichi.

"He said you all could stay." Yamato looked to his friend, and, noticing where he had put his arm, pulled it away, a blush creeping up on his cheeks. Taichi choked back a laugh.

"Why'd you move?" The blonde haired boy jumped and tried to think of a valid excuse for his irrational behavior. He opened his mouth, and then closed it as nothing was coming out of it. Taichi looked at his friend quizzically, and then sighed.

"Whatever Matt. If you're really that embarrassed to have your arm around a guy, then I understand . . ." Taichi said sarcastically, grinning. Yamato turned to him and glared, then smiled mischievously, grabbed the brunette into a headlock, and gave him a noogie. Taichi laughed.

"What was that for?!" Yamato smiled sweetly.

"Revenge." Taichi narrowed his eyes, still laughing.

"You just wait Ishida! I've got you for the whole night. We'll see who gets the last laugh!" Yamato smiled at the boy, and then realizing that he still had his arm around the other, pushed him away playfully.

"Bring it on, Yagami."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

Taichi noticed himself becoming bolder with the blonde haired boy that sat next to him. When Takeru had finally picked a movie, Taichi scooted closer to the younger digidestined's brother, and could've sworn he'd seen Yamato blush. He smiled internally at that, taking it as some sort of sign that maybe, just maybe, his best friend might be liking the fact that he was so close.

Yamato snuck a quick glance at the brunette next to him, the one who had suddenly decided that it would be a good idea to get closer. He mentally had to force control upon himself; he knew he must have been blushing. 'Is this the game you're playing, Tai?' he thought to himself, a smile creeping up on his face. 'You can do what you want, but I'm not playing.'

Yamato nearly jumped when the brunette put his head on his shoulder. He looked to the boy with wide eyes, and then got up out of his seat, causing Taichi to nearly fall over. Guilt flashed through him momentarily, but he pushed it away and headed to the kitchen for a glass of water.

What the hell was Taichi thinking?! Oh, right, he probably wasn't thinking at all. The brunette had had quite a bit to drink tonight . . .

Yamato nearly had tears in his eyes at this thought, and gulped down an entire glass of water in one go. Of course Taichi wouldn't do this sober. What in the world was making Yamato think otherwise?!

"Why'd you get up?" Yamato spun around at the sound of Taichi's voice, and nearly dropped his glass.

"Water." The blonde replied, pointing to said glass in hand. Taichi sighed, ran his hand through his hair, and looked down at the floor.

"Oh." One word was his only reply, and he walked back out of the room with that one word echoing in Yamato's ears.

Taichi had sounded so miserable . . . Yamato's heart felt like it had been shoved into a vice. Taichi was never supposed to be upset, at the very least, he never showed it. Was it him who had made the spiky haired boy speak in a tone like that? He clenched the glass in his hand, and then slammed it on the counter without thinking.

He yelled out in pain when the glass broke, cutting him across his hand. Within seconds, Taichi was in the room, looking at his friend with wide eyes.

"Matt! Are you okay?!" Yamato cursed to himself and began picking up pieces of glass.

"I'm fine." Taichi looked at the boy in disbelief.

"You are not fine, Yama! You're bleeding!" Yamato jumped at Taichi's use of his nickname, and looked to him, only to gasp at the tears forming in the corners of chocolate eyes.

"I-it's no big deal, Tai. It's only a cut. Don't get so emotional." The words came out much harsher than Yamato had meant, and Taichi pulled back as if he'd been the one who was injured. The brunette growled.

"Well, sorry I cared, Ishida-san." Yamato flew to a standing position at that, tears falling unhindered from his eyes, his heart, his world, feeling as if it had been torn in two. Ishida-san?! How could he call him that?

"I-ishida . . . san!" Yamato squeaked the name Taichi had called him, looked at the brunette with broken eyes, and ran to his room, slamming the door.

Taichi stood in shock, cursing himself, feeling tears roll down his cheeks. What the hell had he done?!

"Tai, what's going on?" Hikari watched as her brother dropped to his knees, and she ran over to him as the boy slumped over in her arms.

"TAICHI?!"

Taichi had passed out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

"Matt! Matt! Come out now!" Hikari had venom in her voice; she stared at the door as if her eyes would burn it down. She pounded on the door, and tried to turn the knob, growling when it wouldn't open. Sora came running over to Hikari, and joined the younger girl in her yelling.

"Ishida Yamato, open the door, or I'll break it down!" Hikari stared at Sora with wide eyes. Sora seemed to be as angry as she was. An answer finally came from inside.

"Go away!" Hikari clenched the doorknob with white knuckled hands.

"Matt, Tai's passed out! Aren't you at least worried?!" The younger woman shrieked, and the doorknob was ripped out of her hand as the door was opened.

"WHAT?" Yamato ran out of his room and past the two women in the hall towards the living room where Taichi was laid on the couch. That stupid, stupid, moron! Yamato had known he had drunk too much! He growled as he realized that the boy was on his back. Didn't those women know that you never put a drunk on his back?! He could choke on his own puke!

Hikari, Sora, Takeru, and Mimi watched as Yamato quickly rolled the brunette boy onto his side, and then shook him gently.

"Taichi! Tai! Wake up!" The worry in Yamato's voice was evident, and Mimi and Sora gasped at the urgency in it. They heard the brown haired boy choke, and soon after, Yamato was yelling for a bucket. Hikari quickly fetched one; Yamato thanked her, and then stood up. He looked at the bearer of light, and clenched his fist.

"Keep him on his side, don't let him fall asleep again 'til he's done puking. I'll be in my room." He growled at Hikari, then continued, "I told you . . . I told you not to bring so much alcohol. It's not your fault he drank so much, but it is your fault for giving him the means to. Tell him when he's conscious enough that Ishida-san doesn't want to talk to him for a while. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a hand to bandage." With that, Yamato left the room, leaving Sora, Takeru, and Mimi slack jawed, and Hikari with tears in her eyes. Taichi simply vomited into his bucket.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

Taichi didn't know he could puke so much. The last time he had gotten this bad was his eighteenth birthday, when he hadn't known his limit. He did know his limit now, so he was angry with himself for exceeding it. He wouldn't forget this time, though. He wouldn't allow himself to forget tonight.

He couldn't forget he had to apologize to Yamato in the morning. Taichi knew that the sapphire-eyed boy was angry with him. He had the right to be.

What in the world had possessed Taichi to call his best friend such a formal name? He had called the man he loved the name of an elder, an acquaintance, a stranger!

The thought of that made him vomit harder into the bucket Hikari was so kindly holding for him.

Damn it, he shouldn't have eaten that cake. Oh well, at least he wasn't dry heaving.

Taichi tried to chuckle, but choked.

He had spoken too soon.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

Yamato tried to drown out the sounds of Taichi retching in the living room. He would have used his pillow to cover his ears, but he was too busy crying into it to move. How could Taichi be so cruel? How could he go from one extreme to another so quickly? First he called him 'Yama,' and then . . . and then 'Ishida-san.' The memory of Taichi saying his name echoed louder than all the gagging in the background, and Yamato started his tears anew. He punched his bandaged hand against the headboard, and barely registered the physical pain through the emotional coursing throughout him.

Taichi may have been drunk, but that was no excuse. That was no excuse at all.

Yamato fell asleep clutching his pillow, tears still falling from shattered sapphire eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

Taichi looked up at his sister, who was half asleep, but still holding the bucket. The brunette man smiled softly at the young girl, and sat up. Hikari gasped when her brother moved, and nearly started to cry when she looked into his eyes.

They looked so . . . dead . . .

Hikari started to speak, but stopped when Taichi held up his hand and solemnly took the bucket away from her, nodding a silent 'thank you'.

"Get some sleep, Kari." Taichi whispered to his sister and watched as she nodded. He then walked to the bathroom to dispose of the bucket's contents. It was the least he could do. It was the very least.

After finishing his task, Taichi numbly walked up to Yamato's bedroom door and knocked softly. When he received no response, he opened the door slowly and peeked in on his friend.

Taichi's hand went to his mouth to suppress the gasp that came from it. Yamato's face was a portrait of pain; tear trails were visible by the light of the moon. Taichi felt the urge to vomit again and ran out of the room and into the bathroom, dry heaving.

He had caused Yamato that pain. He had caused the person he cared about more than anyone else, to suffer. He should have never come back from Ireland. He should have stayed there, in that hellhole with Sean. Sean had been right all along.

Taichi didn't deserve to be loved by anyone.

With that thought, he succumbed to sleep, sprawled on the bathroom floor.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC . . . . NOT!! Thanks to FF.net being down, you get a bonus two pages!! YAY!! ^_^

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

Yamato woke to the sound of birds chirping outside, a gentle breeze coming through his window. It was far too cheerful out for his mood.

The second the blonde had woken up, he was mentally attacked by the memory of the night before.

"Well, sorry I cared, Ishida-san." Ishida-san. The words echoed throughout him.

Obviously, the brunette boy didn't care. Why else would he have called him -san?! Taichi didn't even call his upper classmates -san!

Yamato sighed and started rummaging through his closet for his outfit of the day. He ended up pulling out a black pair of jeans and a black mock turtleneck. It matched his mood. He slipped into the fresh pair of pants, and was about to throw on his shirt, when Taichi came storming into his room.

The spiky haired boy started to speak when he saw his friend standing shirtless and glaring at him from across the room. Taichi didn't even get a chance to say a word.

"Stop gawking at me and get the hell out." Yamato's tone was flat and angry, and Taichi winced.

"I . . ."

"GET OUT!" The blonde seethed, and Taichi turned around and ran out of the room. Yamato pulled his shirt on and slammed his closet door shut, brushed his hair quickly, and walked toward the living room where Taichi was sitting on the couch and staring at the ceiling. Yamato saw that everyone else had left and walked up to the brunette, scowling.

"What are you still doing here?" he asked Taichi coldly, and Taichi looked at his friend tiredly.

"I wanted to apologize." The brown haired boy said quietly, defeated. Yamato felt his anger start to drop slightly. However . . .

"Don't bother. It won't change anything." Yamato sighed. "I think you should leave." Taichi bolted to his feet, walked up to the blonde, and stared at him in the face. The boy was only inches away.

"I will then." Yamato felt his heart sink. Oh God.

"I'm leaving, Yama. This time, I'm not coming back." The blonde had to force back tears, his mind screaming at him: 'No! Oh God, No!'

Taichi didn't move. He seemed to be studying his friend's features, searching for anything that would ask him to stay. The slightest trace was all he needed, but he couldn't see it. Yamato had gotten far too good at covering up his emotions. Either that, or he simply didn't have any towards him. Taichi sighed and tried, unsuccessfully, to hold back the tears coming from his eyes. They fell in waterfalls down his cheeks, and he knew he couldn't hold even one of them back.

"T-Taichi . . ."

"Stop, Yama. I'm sorry for what I said last night. I really am . . . but I have to go." Yamato finally melted.

"Why?" Taichi took a step back and wiped his eyes quickly with his shirtsleeve. The tears continued coming. The brunette clenched hands into fists.

"I don't belong here anymore. The party showed me that. Everyone's moved on without me, and now I'm just everyone's third wheel. I just get in the way."

"No you don't!" Taichi's eyes widened at Yamato's outburst. He frowned.

"Yes I do. I'm making everyone miserable. Even you. I hurt you last night Yama, and that's something I promised myself I'd never do. I made you cry yourself to sleep, and I hate myself for it." Yamato gasped.

"I'm leaving tonight." Taichi turned to leave, but Yamato caught his arm.

"No one wants you to leave." Taichi looked at the other man quizzically.

"You just flat out told me to not even five minutes ago!" Yamato growled.

"I meant for you to leave for a day maybe, not forever!" Taichi looked to the floor and shook his head, before stepping closer to Yamato and giving him a weak hug. Yamato felt tears sting his eyes and hugged the other boy tightly. Taichi gasped and tightened his grip on Yamato.

"Find me, then." Taichi whispered in the blonde's ear. "I'll be somewhere in Spain." The spiky haired boy released Yamato from their hug, and looked into blue eyes, his hands still on the other boy's waist.

"Prove to me that I'm wanted here. Show me that you all still care." With that, Taichi pulled the blonde closer and kissed him softly on the lips.

"Prove to me that someone over here loves me enough to make me come back." Taichi smiled at his best friend, released him and walked out the door.

Yamato stood frozen, a bright red blush lining his cheeks, his hand unconsciously rising to touch his lips, tears cascading down his face.

He had to start saving some money. He needed to get to Spain and he needed to do it soon.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

Yup, you guys got a couple of extra pages due to ff.net not wanting to let me upload. ^_^ I'm happier now. I didn't like where I originally ended this chapter.

Yawn. I don't even know when the next chapter will be up. I'm officially too tired to think. I'll let you know on my author page tomorrow what's up with my update schedule.

Yeesh this chappie got some major angst on! I made up for it in the end, I think.

Please Review!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! I try to be nice to you! I've been a good girl! C'mon, gimme some love folks!

PS Thanks to all the wonderful people who don't need the begging and review me anyway: CCPheonix, Sillie, Angel Chick, Silent Angel, Emiru Yagami, Nine, Babydragon, Lady Dragon Daiken Priestess, and matt4ever . . . just to name a few. You guys all rock!