Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Taking Over Me ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Taking Over Me

Chapter 5

By Sailor Red

Disclaimer: Digimon does not belong to me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

"How many cases did you bring?!" Hikari looked to Yamato and grinned madly. She then pointed to the table and mock counted.

"Let's see, ichi, ni, san, shi. Four!" She beamed. "That'll be plenty to get everyone buzzed at the very least, and leave a case or so for your dad's hospitality." Yamato looked at her incredulously.

"Buzzed?! You mean piss drunk!" Hikari laughed.

"Nah, Taichi can hold his own. He has been living in Ireland for the past five years, after all!" Yamato sighed.

"Dad told me to lay low on the booze. He's going to be upset . . ." Hikari rolled her eyes.

"It's a party Matt, not a nun convention." Yamato threw his hands in the air and shook his head. Obviously there was no reasoning with the girl.

"Anyway, what are you planning?" Hikari shrugged innocently.

"Oh, a couple of games . . ."

"What kind of games," The blonde asked through gritted teeth. ". . . do you have planned? Please don't tell me truth or dare. I may have to hurt you." Hikari raised her eyebrow skeptically.

"Truth or Dare is for birthday parties, Matt, you know that." Yamato looked relieved and Hikari had to laugh. "Of course, it is pretty popular among us, so I put it in the hat anyway." The blue-eyed boy stared at the young woman.

"Hat?" Hikari nodded.

"All of the games will be randomly selected from this hat." The woman held up a cone shaped party hat, complete with streamers and glitter. It looked like something out of a five-year-old child's birthday party.

"For some reason, Kari, that hat looks far to innocent for what's probably inside it." The girl grinned, and then hearing knocking, went to open the door.

"You know what, Matt, I think you're right . . ."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

"Alright everybody, listen up!" Hikari shouted loudly and waited as the room slowly quieted down. She smiled at the group of friends gathered around the area.

"Now, this party here's for my Onii-san, as you all know." The digidestined group cheered. Hikari smiled. They were all pretty buzzed already, minus Iori, who refused to drink.

"I figured, that since he's been gone for so long, he's got a lot of catching up to do." She produced the party hat from behind her back.

"Inside this hat are slips of paper that have the names of party games on them. Most of them are simple, generic little activities you'd find at any respectable frat party." This produced giggles from Mimi who had been to many parties herself.

"The others, and there are about five or six of them, are games that I made up myself to spice things up a bit." Yamato shuttered involuntarily at that comment. He had a bad feeling about this.

"So, without further ado! Tai, come on up and pick out a game!" Taichi got up, albeit a little shakily, and walked over to his sister. He gave her a look that said 'What in god's name to you have in that hat,' but Hikari just smiled at him. Taichi sighed. Well, here goes nothing.

"What color purple are you?" he read. "Kari, what the hell is this?!" Hikari just looked like she had just won the lottery, and grabbed the piece of paper from Taichi.

"Wow, first try and you get one of mine! Alright, this game isn't really much of a game, it's more of a forced truth thing. However, it's anonymous." Hikari saw the confusion on everyone's face and explained. "Everyone has to be completely honest about this. All you do is write you're sexual preference on a piece of paper and give it to me. I'll mix them up, tally them, and let you know the stats. It'll make all the other games a lot more interesting. I promise." Taichi burst out laughing, tears practically coming to his eyes.

"Thank god I came out so long ago . . ." He then stopped, and blushed. "Er . . .sorry guys . . " Taichi looked around the room trying to read the faces of his friends as Hikari collected their papers. He watched Yamato especially closely, but the boy just grinned and whispered something to Hikari, she smiling at him and playfully pushing him away. Taichi sighed. Yamato's face gave him absolutely no clues.

"The results are in." Hikari smiled. You could hear a pin drop. Everyone was staring anxiously at the brunette woman.

"Five of you are bisexual." She smiled at some of the surprised reactions. Then she continued. "Only two of you are straight." This raised some eyebrows and some gasps. "Which means . . ."

"Five are homosexual, including one brilliantly signed by Mr. Taichi Yagami." Everyone remained silent, until Hikari spoke up.

"Next game!" She held out the hat to see if anyone wanted to pick. No one stood up, they were still in too much shock from the results of the last one. Hikari finally sighed and picked one out herself. She smiled.

"Spin the Bottle." The woman walked over to Taichi, grabbed the bottle of beer he was currently holding and drank the remaining quarter of it down. "Alright people, in a circle!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

Spin the bottle was turning out to be fruitless and Hikari was getting annoyed. On top of that, she noticed some of the people were getting angry or jealous. She decided to stop it. The damn bottle just wouldn't land on Taichi or Yamato, and she was positively sick of having to kiss Daisuke. Not that he wasn't cute, but he just wasn't her type . . . and Ken looked about ready to kill her.

When she announced the game to be over, she received a unanimous sigh of relief. A cheer was screamed when she suggested a break. Everyone got up and made a beeline to the fridge, grabbing a beer. In Yamato's case, he grabbed two. Hikari's eyes widened as he threw her one and then motioned to the couch.

"Kari, you do realize if I would have had to kiss people, I would have been pissed, right?" Hikari just laughed.

"Matt, Matt, Matt." She shook her head. "What am I going to do with you? Do you want to let you-know-who know, or not?!" Yamato growled.

"Not that way!" Yamato leaned over to whisper in Hikari's ear. "I want it to be good, you know. I want to tell him on my own terms. I don't want to tell him during some stupid game!" Hikari sighed and looked at the blonde sadly.

"Matt, you've got to tell him soon. You really don't get it, do you?" Yamato looked at the young woman in confusion.

"I don't get . . .what?" his heart lurched. Hikari looked so . . . sad . . .

"Taichi . . . Well, he's only going to be here another month. He was telling my mom and dad yesterday . . . he said something about going to Spain . . ."

"WHAT?!" Yamato yelled loudly, causing everyone to be absolutely silent. Hikari stared at the sapphire-eyed musician, grabbed his arm, and dragged him out of the room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

Taichi was getting royally pissed. He didn't know if it was that he was drunk, or if he was just letting his emotions get the better of him, but he was angry.

No. Angry wasn't the word for it.

The word was jealous. He was irrationally, violently jealous. So filled with this feeling he was, he had to run to the bathroom and throw up. Yes, the alcohol helped with the nauseous feeling, but that wasn't even the beginning.

Hikari and Yamato were too damn close. Every time Taichi turned around, they were together. From the moment he had returned he had noticed it. She was always calling him or talking to him, or laughing with him. They were always whispering secrets to each other. They seemed glued at the hip.

Angry certainly wasn't the word for it. He couldn't even be angry! Who was he supposed to hate in this situation? His sister? The man he loved?

So, no, he didn't feel angry. He just felt jealous. He felt like he had totally been betrayed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

After Hikari had heard that the noise had gone up again, she returned to the room with Yamato glaring at her from behind.

"Alright everyone, one more game! No hat, no tricks, just typical truth or dare!" Most of the people in the room cheered. This game they could play. They knew by now who not to choose one or the other from. They were pros. Or so they thought . . .

"Okay! I go first!" Hikari said. "Iori! Truth or dare?"

"Truth." The young man said without hesitation.

"What's your sexuality?" Iori smiled. Hikari could be devious, indeed.

"Straight." Hikari smiled. And then there was one . . .

"Your turn, Iori!" The young boy turned to Miyako.

"Miyako?"

"Dare!"

"I dare you to drink all of the prune juice in my drink bottle!" Miyako gasped, then tried to smile sweetly.

"Then what are you going to drink?"

"Water. Drink up, Miyako!" Everyone laughed as the young lady swallowed the contents of the bottle, a look of sheer disgust on her face.

"Taichi, your turn." Taichi thought for a second.

"Dare." Miyako smiled.

"Kiss Daisuke." Taichi's eyes widened. Daisuke?! He heard Ken growl.

"Why must everyone kiss my boyfriend?!" Daisuke smiled at Ken. Everyone looked at the two, nodding their heads. It had become so obvious those two were going out, it was barely a surprise.

"She didn't say 'on the lips,' Ken!" Everyone laughed as Taichi kissed the young boy on the cheek.

"Alright!" Taichi said. "My turn! Kari!" He looked at her sister, his face expressionless. Hikari had to think a second before answering. Taichi was dangerous at this game . . .

"Um . . . truth?" Taichi's eyes narrowed. Hikari took a long swig of her beer. Uh oh.

"Are you going out with Matt?" Hikari spat her beer out in a spray and nearly choked.

"WHAT?!" The young woman looked around the room, only to see that everyone was staring at her in wait of her answer. Apparently Taichi wasn't the only one with such an idea. The only one who didn't look curious was a totally horrified looking Yamato, his jaw slack and his eyes wide. Hikari looked her brother in the eye.

"No, Tai . . . I'm not going out with Matt. What gave you that idea?" Everyone started speaking at once, and Hikari and Yamato just looked at all of their friends in surprise. They all thought they were going out!?

"Tai, Kari and I . . . we're not . . . we'll never go out. . ." Yamato said quietly, and everyone shut up. He sighed and looked to the floor as everyone looked at him.

"Tai, I'm gay." Silence. Complete silence. The only one who wasn't shocked by Yamato's confession was Hikari, and she just looked at her friend with soft eyes. She gasped as she noticed the blonde was shedding tears. Her head whipped around as she heard her brother get up from where he was sitting.

Taichi walked up to Yamato and then knelt down next to the blue-eyed boy. He shakily put his hand on Yamato's shoulder.

"Yama . . .it's okay." Yamato gasped and looked up at the boy he loved, comforted by his reassuring smile, warmed by the way he had said his name. Yamato smiled.

"I . . .know. I've just been hiding it for so long. . ." Taichi looked at Yamato.

"H-how long?" Yamato sighed.

"Almost six years." Taichi's eyes widened. Six years?! He watched as Yamato shifted uncomfortably and averted his eyes from Taichi's chocolate brown. Not yet. He wasn't ready to say everything yet. Hikari must have noticed this, and spoke up.

"Who wants cake?" She said loudly, breaking Taichi and Yamato from their reverie. Everyone got up and made their way to the kitchen. Taichi and Yamato didn't move for a moment until the brunette stood up and held out his hand to the blonde. The sapphire-eyed boy looked up to his friend and took his hand. Taichi lifted the other boy to his feet and smiled at him. Yamato looked away, and then spoke up.

"Are you really going to be leaving for Spain soon?" Taichi looked at Yamato quizzically.

"Who told you that?" Yamato's head shot up and he looked Taichi in the eye.

"Hikari. She said you were talking to your parents about leaving in a month." Taichi laughed out loud at this, and shook his head.

"I'm going for a week, Matt, that's it. I promised one of my fans that I'd visit him in the hospital. The poor kid has cancer. He wrote to me and I told him I'd come after the soccer season was over." Taichi shook his head. "Let me guess, Hikari over exaggerated." Yamato smiled.

"Yeah . . .but Tai . . ." the blonde started. "What are you going to do when your year is up? Are you going back to Ireland?" Taichi looked at his friend and sighed.

"I don't know yet. My contract's done with them; they may trade me. Actually, I asked them to." Yamato looked at Taichi questioningly.

"Where do you want do go?" Taichi rolled his eyes and laughed.

"Right now? Right now I want to go to the kitchen and have some cake, okay?" Yamato grinned.

"Yeah, I guess we should do that, huh?" Yamato smiled until Taichi grinned and gave the blonde a noogie. Yamato in turn glared at him and started chasing him towards the kitchen.

"Taichi! What have I told you about messing up my hair!!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

^_^ Hee hee. I updated kinda early, huh? Lol. Well, lets estimate the next chapter at Friday, shall we? Give or take. Again, updates will be on my author page.

Please read and review! See what encouragement gets you? Two chapters, two days, how can you go wrong? ^_^ I'm such a review glutton.

Ja!

Sailor Red