Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Tamers: Leaving The Past ❯ To Wish Upon the Darkness ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Iris: I DON'T OWN DIGIMON. IF I DID, THERE'D BE A LOT MORE SEXY MAN LOVIN'. I do own Coyomon and Arima and her stuff and drama.
 
(A/N- On some website somewhere it told me that in some countries the Digimon Tamers are 13 years old, so I'm going by that. And will someone tell me Henry's dad's name? In fact can someone tell me all the Tamers' parents' names?)

Dialog key-
*mysterious voice*
"Everyone else"
::thinking::
-The Digimon talking-
/dreams and flashbacks/

/"Listen, I won't stand for that thing living in our house anymore!", a tall man, obviously drunk, was bearing down on a small girl. The little girl trembled under the man's voice.
"B-but, she doesn't do anything, Daddy!"
"That's just it! She doesn't do anything but lay there in your room!" Her father snatched the girl's arm when a woman enters the room.
"David! Leave her alone!"
"Shut up! Shut the fuck up all of you!" The man rushes to a drawer where he draws a gun, he fumbles madly with it before he gets it pointing in the right direction, at the woman.
"Daddy! Daddy, no!" Three gunshots are heard, followed by the girl screaming and a sudden roar. 'Daddy' shouts curses over and over before a giant shadow pounces him. The girl watches in horror as the shadow engulfs her father, taking control of his body.
*Arima... Arima.*
"Daddy?"
*Your father is dead, I am here to protect you.*
"No!"
*You wished for this! This is your doing!*
"No... I didn't... NO!"/
_____

"Not again.", a young girl with dark brown hair pulled the hood of her sweatshirt over her head, "Stupid rain, stupid traveling, stupid...gr... stupid." She played with the strap of her gym bag as her feet traipsed on across the sidewalk.
*Quit running.*
::I'm not running.::
*Then why do you avoid me?*
::I avoid you to protect others, now shut up, I'm trying to walk here.::
The voice disappeared. The girl snorted angrily.
"Why are you running, Arima?", she snickered at her own insanity, "Why? Because I'm afraid and alone."
-You are not alone.-
"I don't need you."
-...-
"Sorry."
Arima turned on her heel to walk across the street. She hung her head low and dragged her feet along the street. The car never saw her. The rain was too heavy. The street was too slick.
-Arima!!-
____
Arima sat up in shock, pulling back under the pain in her side. She looked around, trying to focus her eyes on anything familiar. The room was white with light green curtains, a hospital room.
"Damn", she sat against the wall behind her bed, "I've stopped moving."
Her gym bag began to give off a light beeping noise. Arima rolled to one-side, reached into her bag, and pulled out a black Digivice. A screen opened up and showed her a rabbit-esque Digimon with the words 'Terriermon' beneath it. She scowled at the picture.
::There's more, why does there have to be more?::
"Right this way, sir.", a nurse lead a boy, his father, and his sister. The boy's father was carrying a bouquet of white flowers, which he set on the table next to her.
"Who are you?" Arima asked bitterly.
"My name's Henry Wong, this my sister Suzy, and my dad." Suzy stared up at Arima and held the peculiar stuffed animal closer. Arima recognized it immediately.
::Terriermon::
"May I see your doll?", she smiled kindly at the little girl, who hesitated momentarily but finally handed the doll to her. Arima sat Terriermon in her lap and began to scratch his ear, "Aren't you adorable?"
Terriermon twitched and squirmed under the scratching. Henry cleared his throat to signal the little Digimon to stay still.
"Why are you here?"
"Well I hit you, Miss-"
"Arima, just Arima."
"Arima. Luckily, I was able to make out your shape before I hit you full on, I tried to stop but my tires slid on the road. I'm sorry."
The girl in the bed handed the 'doll' back to Suzy, then asked her if she wanted a picture. Suzy wanted her to draw Terriermon as a human. Arima smiled, pulled out a sketchbook, and flipped to a blank page. She doodled for a while then drew Terriermon as a cute little boy sitting cross-legged in the middle of the page with a 'who... me?' look on his face. Suzy giggled happily and showed it to Terriermon. Mr. Wong gestured for the two of them to leave.
"I am very sorry for hitting you."
"..."
"Where do you live? I'd like to contact your parents."
"I live on the street, my parents are long gone."
"Oh, dear. Well, when you get better, you can stay with us if you'd like."
"..."
"Good-bye."
He left, making the room even more quiet. Quiet enough for the voice to return.
*They seem like nice people.*
::You leave them alone.::
*I'll think about it.*
Arima pulled the covers over her head and bit her lip, silencing the voice. She drifted in and out of consciousness before falling into a deep sleep.

/-Run!-, a large gray wolf stood in (younger) Arima's doorway, its gold eyes transfixed on the being possessing her father.
"But-"
-Run now! Don't look back and never stop!-, the wolf assaults the demon/man. Arima turns on her heel and runs out the door, tears streaming from her face.
::Did I wish all this upon myself?::
-You had no part in what happened that day.-
::But she's gone and he's... he's...::
-Don't worry about it, Arima. I am here for you.-
::Thank you.::/