Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Tamers: Leaving The Past ❯ Fearing Father ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dialog key-
*mysterious voice*
"Everyone else"
::thinking::
-The Digimon talking-
/dreams and flashbacks/

"Can you stand, sweetie?", the nurse held out her hand for Arima, but she slapped it away in spite.
"I'm not sweet, and I have a natural name. It's Arima."
"Arima-chan, please don't try to get up if you're still tired." but the stubborn traveler lept out of bed, slung her bag over her shoulder, and walked out the room but not before pausing.
"Miss."
"Yes?"
"Those people who visited me a few days ago... where do they live?"
_____
"Henwy! Where's Tewwiermon?"
"Suzy, you've got him exhausted from trying to make him human."
Suzy tried to retort, but was cut off by the doorbell. Henry left his seat and answered the door where he found the girl from the hospital.
"Oh, hey.. uh."
"Awima!", called Suzy, who hurried to the door to hug her artistic friend. Arima patted Suzy's head, then looked up to talk to Henry.
"Your father said I could stay here if I needed to."
"He did? Well, that's my dad. Come in, he won't be home for a while so-"
"Pway with me, Awima!"
"Okay, okay."
"Suzy."
"It's okay, she reminds me of myself. Only.. so much happier."
Henry watched the two girls amble off to play princess pretty pants and sighed. Terriermon would have to be even more careful now. He couldn't risk his new house guest being scared to death by a talking plush.
Later that night, after Suzy had fallen asleep from fatigue and Henry's dad had come home, Arima, Henry, and Mr. Wong discussed Arima's presence.
"I won't stay long, I promise."
"It wouldn't be a burden for you to stay as long as you like.", Mr. Wong sat next to Arima, who had Suzy asleep in her lap. Henry later came over and sat on the other side of her.
"Trust me, it wouldn't be safe fr me stay as-... too long."
"Well, for the time you'll be with us, you can stay in Henry's room. I'm sure you wouldn't mind going to school with him, would you?"
"No."
"Okay."
__________
(much) Later that night, Henry rolled over to hear Arima mumbling to herself. She was laying on the floor, curled up in a torn red blanket. The quiet rustling of her sheet and her talking was enough to wake Henry.
"Daddy... Momma... I didn't want... can't stop...", she began to tread her legs like she was running. Her legs went faster and faster until she finally shot awake in cold sweat. The horrified girl buried her face in her blanket and cried out for her mom. Henry threw his sheets back and knelt beside her. He gently touched her shoulder, making her scream into her sheet and sit up in fear. The two teens' eyes met, the silence making the dark of the night even more frightening, and they stared at each other until Arima broke down. She cried on his shoulder until it was numb from her weight.
"Arima-chan, what's wrong?"
"Everything!", she shouted, "My mom is dead, my dad is possessed, I'm afraid of him killing anyone I care about, and... and..." Her voice trailed off and became sobs that shook her very being. Henry held her close for protection un she cried herself to sleep. He sat there, thinking over what she had said.
::Arima-chan...::
______