Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Alphabet of Despair! ❯ Showtime ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
Friday, after school, and the students were already piling into the small theater that was built into the school. The film festival was about to begin.
 
The Dig destined and their Digimon, some in their in training forms had front row seats. Those who had made movies weren't allowed to vote as was feared they may give an unfair advantage in voting for the winning movie.
 
Still, they were given seats so they could see the screen with a perfect view. Even though Cody wasn't a student from the high school, he was still part of the movie makings, so he was invited as a special guest.
 
“My gosh, this is so exciting, my feathers are tickled-pink.” Poramon chirped.
 
“But, Poramon, you're feathers are always pink.” chuckled Upamon.
 
“Take it easy, you-two… they're about to start the first film.” said Kari, but then she looked up and saw Davis and Veemon come down the aisle to their reserved seat. Demi-Veemon almost couldn't sit still. “Ooh… I can't wait for them to show our movie, Davish.” he cooed. Davis smiled, he too couldn't wait for them to show it.
 
On the way in, he was teased and ridiculed about winning first prize from more bullies, and mean-girls…but Davis didn't really make his film to win and all. He just wanted everyone see something important. Something really, really big.
 
Kari couldn't stop staring towards Davis and trying work out what he was being so secretive about. “Hey, Kari… you okay?” asked TK.
 
Kari snapped out of her trance. “Oh, sorry…” she said. “No, no… I'm okay.” she claimed, but the others weren't convinced. Kari had been acting just as strange as Davis had.
 
She had been worrying about him like the others, and yet she was the only one of them all to actually wanting to talk to him. They all had pretty darn good feeling they knew what was on Kari's mind… but thought it be best not to push her.
 
This was something she'd just have to deal with all on her own.
 
Finally, the theater quieted down, and the lights dimmed-down as the principal walked up onto the stage and welcomed everyone to the Obadaia-high Film festival.
 
“We've received quite a few entries.” the man said. “Entries that will be shown one at a time, and then it will be up to each of you to decide which of the films is the best. The video with the most votes wins first prize.”
 
“So without further ado, let the films begin!!” The audience cheered wildly, and then the first film was ready to start… it was called. “Fiddler on the Goof.”
 
It was starring one of the more nerdy students at school, who managed to get his revenge on a bully, beating on him. The young man was playing the segments of Scottish-Jig on his violin, while sitting on a cage with the bully trapped inside.
 
Fiddler on the Goof? Everyone couldn't help but laugh. The nerdy-kid felt like he did a good job, while the bully felt totally embarrassed. The film ended, and everyone applauded.
 
Several different films were shown…
 
Some were musicals. Some were documentaries. Even some fictional takes with special effects and cool stunts. There was even on particular film that was guaranteed not to win. It was made by some of the biggest bullies in school… as strong as they were, they were not that smart.
 
Their film was merely just altered scenes from other films, showing them as the main stars. The other students in the audience were shaking their heads, sticking out their tongues…
 
“Oh, honestly.”
 
“Pure egotism!”
 
“Nuff' Said.”
 
(Heh… Even I never did a presentation so dumb as that)
 
…and when the film ended, you can bet those guys got Booed at! Even when they stood up and said mean things, that only made the audience boo even louder, and even through bits of paper.
 
The next film was about to begin. “Hey, it's our film.” Gatomon cried cheerfully, but softly. “Ooh… this is going to be so great.” added Patamon.
 
The title of the film was: Digimon. The musical.”
 
The film stared with TK in the opener…
 
“The Digital world; it's just some sort of high-tech video game, filled with data. It's an entirely real place, with more than meets the eye.”
 
“Hi… I'm Takeru Takashi, and what your about to see, is full documentary about me and some of my friends as we take you deep into the Digital-World.”
 
 
As the film progressed, TK and the gang, except for Davis… went around explain of how the Digital World contained all the basic elements of the real world, and how it also affected the real-world.
 
There were even shots, of all the different kinds of Digimon. Good types, dark ones, and then came the fun bit… as their Digimon, in their baby-forms aligned for their song and dance.
 
(Starts out like the Simpson's song: THE JOCKEYS)
 
(All)
We are the Digimon, we're as small as can be
We live in the Digi-world for everyone to see
 
(They play around)
 
(Poyomon)
 
We're friendly and nice, and we love to play
 
(Nyaramon)
 
and we'd love to be your friends, in each and every way.
 
 
(Tsubumon)
 
But all is not what it seems in Digi-Town
 
(Pururumon)
 
There are many great dangers making us frown!
 
(Sorry, can't think of what else to use)
 
As the song continued, there were a few dramatization battles, that explained about Digimon-forms, levels, and all kinds of attacks, by the end of the song… the Digi-destined Digimon had won the battle, and saved the day.
 
The music changed for a heroic ending… with Magna-Angemon signing in a hard opera-voice in a parody of the HMS-Pinafore while the others stood behind him saluting.
 
(Magna-Angemon)
 
-For all to know, and cherish
Let the evil fall and perish.
for we Digimon, our partners and friends…
We will fight to the biii-iii-iiiter o-o-o-or END!!
 
Everyone waved good-bye, and the film was over. The audience seemed to be cheering the best that they had all night. That movie was excellent.
 
Davis and Demiveemon applauded too. “Yeah, way to go guys.” Davis complimented. “That sure was shomthing.” added Demiveemon. (Don't you just love his cute little accent, though I'm not sure he ever spoke like that for real)
 
Kari giggled. “Thanks Davis… that was sweet of you to say.” And she planted a kiss on his cheek. Davis stood right where he was blushing slightly. Then he shook himself back down the Earth.
 
“Hmm, mm… thanks Kari.” he said softly to her, and she smiled back at him.
 
When they turned back to watch the other movies being shown they found themselves all confused and puzzled. “Why did Kari just kiss me like that. She only did it once because I won the soccer game, and… now she just said thanks?”
 
Kari herself was pondering over her thoughts. “It wasn't anything that big, I just thanked him for a compliment.” But now she was really starting to see the light. “Oh, no… it probably is true… but how can I tell him?”