Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Alphabet of Despair! ❯ Davis' Film ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note:
 
Davis' movie is similar tot hat of the SESAME STREE CASBLANCA parody.
 
I know it may look a little emo to show all the pictures of Davis, but it was the best I could think of… where was Davis supposed to get 26 perfect pictures at such short notice anyways?
 
CHAPTER SIX
 
More and more films were shot, and lots of musicals were seen. Even AMV's dubbed over with great pop-songs. Those were the kinds of flick a lot of the students wish they had done.
 
Up until now there were only a few movies left. “What's up next?” asked Yolei.
 
“They're showing my movie next.” Davis answered.
 
“So we were right.” TK said. “You we're making a movie all along.”
 
Davis nodded, and that was one of the main reasoned he couldn't be a-part of their movie. The rules for the festival were: only one entry per student. Which meant Davis could go one way or the other, but not both.
 
“So what's your movie about anyways?” asked Gatomon.
 
Davis looked all grim and bummed. “Well… let's just say… it's not fictional, or anything like that.” he said.
 
Demi-Veemon nodded in agreement. “He'sh not joking.” he said.
 
The principal then announced. “Our next entry is from…” he stopped when he realized. “From… Daisuke Motomiya? Hmm… oh well, Uh… enjoy.”
 
A lot of the students began exchanging rude comments, or sarcasm about Davis' film.
 
“Boy this ought to be good.”
 
“Yeah… good enough to puke on.”
 
…but Davis was silently thinking to himself. “This is it… this is where all those weeks of working pay off. Let's see what they think about this.”
 
The lights dimmed, and the films title card began. Demi-Veemon was narrating the intro as a disembodied, deep, dark voice…
 
“Welcome to another presentation of true shtoriesh. The following ish all true, non-fictional. Tonight, we present Davish Motomiya in his newest presentation… “The Alphabet of Deshpair.”
 
“The Alphabet of Despair” : It was filmed in black and white, and the first thing everyone saw was a single rose, in a small vase, on a window-sill next to a burning candle.
 
The outsides show a light raining evening, with soft breezes blowing at the tulle-curtains. Then… they all heard the sounds of a Grand-Piano being played, and then someone singing a very deep, and bitter song.
 
The room began to rotate, and everyone was almost shocked to see… it was Davis.
 
 
(Davis playing the piano)
 
(Davis)
 
-You must remember this,
an `S' is just an `S'
A `Y' is just a `Y'
The fundamental things apply…
To the Al-pha-be-e-et of Despa-a-a-a-air
 
(The camera changes it's view of the dark room )
 
-And you will always see,
It goes from `A' to `Z'
On that you may rely
The world will always know you're a prisoner…
Of the Al-pha-be-e-et of Despa-a-a-a-air.
 
 
Davis… looking very, very depressed, kept on playing and looked up at the camera.
 
 
“Hi… I'm Davis.” he spoke in a soft, depressed tone. “I'll bet you're wondering what I mean when I say that the alphabet is filled with despair, and all that stuff…”
 
The camera then viewed over a large Bristol-board, illuminated in the light. It was a large alphabet with pictures of Davis in each of the boxes showing him feeling different things.
 
“Well… I'm not sure any of you will understand… but it's been in me for so long, I just have to tell you how I feel.”
 
He kept on playing the piano, and the picture began viewing each letter and picture, one at a time, up close. Fading in, and out from one to the next, and Davis recited them all as they went along.
 
“A…is for Agony.” (Davis clutching his heartbroken chest.)
 
“B…is for Bitter.” (Davis standing in the rain)
 
“C…is Contempt.” (Davis sitting in an small metal tub)
 
“D…is for Doom.” (Davisholding a wilted rose)
 
“E…is Eternal Doom.”(Davis, lying flat on the floor)
 
“F… is Forgotten.” (Davis sitting on a bench, alone)
 
“And G… is for Gruesome.” (Davis, on all fours, covered in mud)
 
 
The people in the audience could hardly put the film into words.
 
“Can you believe it?”
 
“Yeah. The guy has feelings.”
 
Davis could hear those comments, and he smiled softly.
 
 
“H…is for Hopeless.” (Davis looking Clutching his head in shame)
 
“I…is Isolation.” (Davis in a jail cell)
 
“J… is for Junk heap.”(Davis wearing rags)
 
“K… is for Kicked out.” (Davis being pointed at to leave)
 
“L…is Loneliness.” (Davis walking down the street, alone)
 
“M…is for Misery.” (Davis threatening to slash his wrist)
 
“N…is for Nothingness.” (Davis, doing nothing)
“O… is for Oblivion.” (Davis, falling off a cliff)
 
“And P… is for Pain.” (Davis clutching his head in throbbing pain)
 
 
The others and their Digimon never saw anything like this before. “Man… Davis sure knows how to feel pain.” TK said.
 
“Savagely honest… and tender… why it's if he has the soul of a poet.” said Ken. All this made him remember of his dark times, and his deep woe after he was relieved of his evilness.
 
Yolei had tears in her eyes, and almost mistook Pururumon for a hankie.
 
 
“Q… is Quadruple the Pain” (Davis being zapped)
 
“R…is for Rot.” (Davis looking dehydrated)
 
“S…is for Sorrow.” (Davis with his head lying in his arms on a table, and a tear in his eye)
 
“T…is for Terror.” (Davis sleeping in bed with painful expression)
 
“U… is Unbearable.” (Davis kicking a soda-can)
 
“V… is the Vastness.” (Davis looking out to sea)
 
“W…is Worthless.” (Davis stretching out his empty pockets)
 
“X… is X'ed-out” (A “No-Davis” sign)
 
“Y…is a Yell of fear.” (Davis looking frightened)
 
“And Z… is for Zoom, back to the beginning” (Davis falling through spiral swirls)
 
The camera went back to Davis….
 
“See what I mean.” he said sadly. “You always will have feelings, as you are a human being… but once you become trapped… there's no way out.”
 
He sighed heavily, and began reciting the alphabet again, and as he reached up to `G' he rested his head down as the picture blacked out.
 
The picture lit up again to the sound of a rooster crowing.
 
The audience could tell, despite the black and white picture, that it was morning, and the sun was barely shining into the room. All the candles had gone out, and the rose in the window… all except for one of its petals had withered off.
 
Davis, looking really beat, shook himself awake. His voice sounded a little hoarse, as if he had been playing all night. “See what I mean?” he asked in his hoarse voice. “It got a-hold of me… don't let it get you too.”
 
He turned back to the piano, began playing his song again, and very slowly and hoarsely reciting the alphabet again, as the camera slowly zoomed towards the rose in the window…
 
(Music plays)
 
“Ugh… A…B… C… D… E…F…”
 
(Davis' voice over)
 
-And you will always see,
It goes from `A' to `Z'
On that you may rely
The world will always know you're a prisoner…
Of the Al-pha-be-e-et of Despa-a-a-a-air.
 
“… Y… Z!!! Uhn…”
 
No one could see Davis now, but last final notes played the, as the last rose petal withered away… “THE END”
 
 
The whole audience leapt up from heir seats applauding and rooting. Yolei even blew her nose with a tissue she had brought. “Wow… that was so beautiful.” she cried.
 
Ken, and Leafmon smiled and wiped the tears from their eyes. “Amazing, truly amazing.” Ken thought.
 
Davis smiled sadly. “Looks like I did it.” he thought to himself, but then he noticed. “Hey… where did Kari go?” he asked.
 
“I think she left.” said Nyaramon. “But she just said she was getting a breath of air.”
 
Davis suddenly got the sick feeling maybe he overdid it a little. “I'm going to go find her.” I said.
 
“But, Davish.” called Demi-Veemon.
 
“I'll be back.” Davis called back to him, but no way the others were going to miss this. So they all cheekily agreed to follow him, and see what happened.