Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Birthday Blues ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Birthday Blues

Chapter Three: Getting Ready

By KellyQ

"This is terrible, just terrible! Takuya's birthday is today and we still haven't thought of anything." Izumi cried out looking as though she was ready to pull her hair out.

"Calm down Z," Junpei said looking worried that she might hurt her self.

"I know. I just feel bad that we have to act like we forgot his birthday just so we can try to get them hooked up."

"Then we have no choice," Kouichi said.

He has that look in his eye, Izumi thought looking at the shorter haired twin.

"Desperate measure calls for when it's desperate times."

"What did you have in mind Kouichi?"

A smirk slowly appeared on his face as motioned for them to come closer with one finger. They all nodded their heads and walked up putting their arms around each other's shoulders. After one moment Izumi squealed with delight ...

"That's the best idea! The only problem we have now is if Kouji is willing to go along with it ..."

"Lets worry about that later," Kouichi said,"right now we have to find a big enough box to but my brother in --- this is going to be great! I always tried to picture my brother with a bow on."

"Okay," Junpei said feeling slightly uneasy scratching the back of his head, "lets go."

*************

I can't believe I'm doing this, he thought dialing a number and putting his cell-phone to his ear and waited for someone to pick up. I shouldn't be doing this ... maybe this is a bad idea ... what if Takuya picks up? Oh please don't let it be Takuya ...

"Moshi moshi, Takuya speaking," came a gloomy voice from the other end of the phone.

Oh no! Oh god, what am I to say now? There was a pause from both lines until Takuya spoke up sounding a little annoyed ...

"Look, I'm going to hang up right now ..."

No, don't hang up! "Takuya, wait," Kouji said quickly, "don't hang up ..."

"Kouji," the brunette said sounding as though he could be smiling, "what's up?"

"Uh ... er ... I ... uh ... I gotta go!"

With that Kouji hung up quickly before Takuya could say anything. The dark haired scowled at his cell-phone, why did I do that? Why do I act like such a fool when it comes to talking to him? I never had this problem before. It's because you like him; that why! He looked up to see that he was at a jewelry shop. Here's my last chance to get something for Takuya. He turned his head slight to notice that he was not very fare from the flower shop where he got the flowers for his step-mom. I've never known Takuya not to like flowers. Wait. What am I thinking! Guys do not by flowers for guys not unless they're ... gay. No time for that! I have to get something for Takuya and I'm going to get him the best present there is ...

*********************

"Have you found a box big enough to fit Kouji in?" Shinya asked with twinkles in his eyes.

"Yep! Now all we need is ribbon."

"Got it right here!" Kouichi said.

"Great," Izumi squealed, "now all we need is Kouji!"

"Leave that to me!"

"Oh thank you so much," Shinya jumping into Izumi's arms, "this will be the greatest birthday for my brother ..."

"That is if we can get the hotheads to admit their feelings for each other."

*******************

I hope that Takuya likes this necklace I got him, Kouji thought as he walked out of the store. He turned his head and looked at the flower shop remembering how nice the lady was who was working there. Well here goes nothing! Taking up the courage to walk into the door, the place looked the same as he remembered.

"Hi there," The lady said causing the dark haired boy to jump a little, "oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."

"That's okay but can I have three roses and a card."

"Coming right up!"

Turning around she walked away as he made his way to the cash register seeing that she had got the flowers all ready to go and a card with a pin in her hand.

"So who's the luck person?" She asked.

This caused Kouji to look down with slight shame then looked back at the lady whom was looking slightly worried ...

"Uh ... you don't have to tell me ... I understand. I'm sure whom ever you give it to will like it."

"Thanks." He said handing her the money and taking the card and flowers walking out still looking a little ashamed.

Poor thing, the lady thought watching him walk out, why would he be ashamed of buying flowers for someone? He seamed a little shy buying flowers for his mom before but why look ashamed? Not unless he's ... she paused for one moment to see another boy that looked just like him but with shorter hair taking him by the wrist and pulling away causing the lady to giggle not giving her thoughts another thought.

To Be Continued ...