Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Key ❯ A Theory ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




Knock knock



Well here is part3 of my fanfic. This part is a little longer then the other 2. Also this is not a Taito meaning this is not a TaiXMatt fic. It's not that I'm against that couple, it's just that there is know romance in this fic. So this is a Matt Tai friendship fic. Matt hasn't really played a big part yet, but he will as time goes on.
To avoid any confusion. Tai is still in flash back mode. In part one he had a talk with Matt and he is now sitting on a bench thinking just like in part two.

Disclaimer: I don't own digimon or any of it's characters.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
THE DARK KEY
Part3: A Theory
Knock knock.
"I'll get it." Tai got up from his seat by his dad's computer to answer the door. "Hey guys glad you could all make it. Come on in."
"OK so what is this big emergency, I'm missing soccer practice you know."
"Come in first Davis then I'll tell you." Tai was already annoyed at Davis from not wanting to come at all. "You guys have a seat and I'll go tell Kari that you're all here." Tai left the group and went to his sister's room.
"Why do you think he's called us here?" asked Sora as she sat down on the floor next to Izzy and Mimi who had been in town a couple of nights and staying with Sora.
"Well I for one am glad he did I have a very interesting theory that I would like you all to here."
"Izzy you always have a theory don't you ever stop hypothesizing?"
"Well Davis this is a theory that I think even you would like to hear."
"Really what's it about?"
"I'll tell you when Tai and Kari get in here."
"What is keeping those two anyway?" asked Yolei while looking throw her bag she brought from her parents convince store. "Would anyone like a soda?"
"Perhaps we should wait for everyone to get in here first."
"OK Ken but they had better hurry."
"Kari can I come in?" Tai asked as he slowly entered his sister's room.
"Sure. Is everyone here?"
"Yeah, we should go join them." Tai answered as he put out his hand to help his little sister off her bed.
"OK." Kari took her brother's hand and went with him to the living room here their friends waited.
When they entered the room everyone was still chatting, everyone excepted Matt who seemed to be starring at them with curiosity. Tai took a seat next to Joe and Matt. Kari sat next to TK and Yolei.
Tai cleared his mind then addressed his friends. "OK I called you all here because I fill there is something we need to discuses." Everyone looked at Tai with interest. As he continued to talk. "Two nights ago Kari had a nightmare about Gatomon and all of us getting attacked and killed by some sort of dark force and then last night I had the same dream about Agumon."
Silence fell upon the group; they all seemed confused, as though what Tai had just said didn't make sense. All but Matt's eyes seemed to read lost and confused. Matt didn't seem confused or at a loss for words, he had a different expression in his eyes his eyes read fear and denial. Finally after a few moments of silence TK spoke.
"That is impossible how could you two have had that dream?"
Kari seemed beyond confused at Tk's statement. "What do you mean it's impossible TK?"
"Well two nights ago I had the same dream, it seemed so real, but I thought it was just because I missed Patamon, and was worried about his safety."
Everyone stared at each other.
"That is weird because I had the same dream last night, only Biyomon was there and all of you were there, but you were all…" Sora trailed off not needing to finish her statement because the others seemed to know exactly what she was going to say.
"Which brings we to my theory." All eyes turned to Izzy as he spoke. "After talking with a few of you I have come to the conclusion that we are all having the same nightmare and that we are all having them for a reason."
"Wait a minute you mean all of you have had this dream?" Tai asked looking in the eyes.
"That is correct." Izzy continued with his theories. " Last night I had a dream with similar content, but I mealy dismissed it as concern for Tentomon, but this morning both Sora, Joe, and Yolei came to me and told me of their dreams." All attention was now on Izzy. "After hearing the similarities in our dreams I came to the conclusion that it must be some sort of message or warning if you will."
"Hold on, you mean that this dream that everyone is having is a warring?"
"That is correct Davis."
"But if it's a warring what is it warring us about?" asked Sora with a little fear in her voice.
"And who do you think it's from?" Asked Cody speaking for the first time that evening.
"Well that is what we need to find out. I have a few ideas, but there is no way of really knowing."
Silence loomed of the group until Tai broke it. "Well Izzy lets hear your ideas and go from there."
"Right. Well here is what I have come up with so far." Izzy stated while pulling out his trusty laptop. "I actually have several theories, about what this could be." Izzy was now typing away at his computer while he spoke.
"All right Izzy sometime this year would be nice." Said Mimi with annoyance last in her voice.
"All right here it is. I believe that this message or warring is actually from a digital entity, sort of like the one that spoke through Kari four years ago, if not the same one."
"Huh, but Izzy what makes you think it's another entity?"
"Well Tai remember when the first one spoke through Kari."
"Yeah, how could I forget."
"Well you see after that encounter I began to collect data on such events in the digiworld. And that is when I discovered, a remarkable feature that our digivices have. It seems our digivices do more than simply help our digimon digivolve, but they also are constantly storing data."
"Storing data what is that suppose to mean?" Joe had pretty much understood what Izzy was talking about until this.
In order to answer Joe's question Izzy brought up a file on his computer.
"OK everyone should have a look at this." The entire group got up and crowded around Izzy's computer. Izzy then explained what he meant by their digivices storing data. "You our digivices are directly linked to us and out digimon. They are connected to our life force and energy. Which really isn't surprising considering we have to share energy with our digimon in order for them to digivolve."
"OK Izzy but where are you going with this, we already know we're connected to our digimon."
"Well, that's just it Tai we know we are connected to our digimon and digivices, but just how deep does that connection go." Everyone looked at Izzy with interest.
"You mean that our connection with the digivices and digimon is stronger then we expected?"
"Exactly TK. I believe that our digivices are not just connected to our energy, but to our memories as well. So any thing we experience while in possession of our digivices is stored in our digivices, kind of like a second memory."
"OK so what does that have to do with our crazy dreams." Asked Yolei with extreme curiosity.
"Yeah I'm getting to that. I believe that our dreams are more then just a warring of something that might happen. I think that they are memories of something that has happened."
"OK now you've lost me. You're saying that these dreams are events that have already happened?" Sora asked noticing the confused looks on everyone's faces.
"Exactly."
"But I don't remember anything like that ever happening."
"Well Davis that might be because it probably didn't happen to you."
"HUH, OK Izzy what are you getting at with this?" Tai was now lost beyond words.
"You see my theory is that it didn't happen to all of use, but just a few of use or maybe only one of us." Everyone gave Izzy a confused look, so he continued to explain. "I think that one of us may of come in contact with this dark force, a while back, and the memory was stored in their digivices like all other memories. But that's not all, I think that the digital world is causing all of to have these dreams to remind the one of their encounter and to prepare the rest of us for an encounter with the same force."
"OK lets say that you're right about this one, then who is the one who encountered the dark force and why wouldn't they say anything before now." Tai asked as he looked around at his friends.
"Well perhaps the one who encountered the force forgot, short of like repressed memory, or perhaps they didn't wish the rest of use to know. But you do relies if it is repressed memory then it could be anyone of use. The only way to be sure is to use the digivices to go back through everyone's memory till we find the one who originally encountered this dark virus."
"Izzy what makes you think that it was one of use, I mean there are a lot of digidestined around the world and why don't we see if the one who originally encountered it would just step forward and tell us what they know about it?" Tai didn't really see the need in going through everyone's memories that would take way too long and besides who ever it was would step forward. They're a team and they don't keep things from each other. At least Tai hopped that they would step forward.
"I know there are a lot of digidestined, but I am sure that it has to be one of us. I talk with a few of them and none of them are having the dreams, so I believe it must be one of us."
"OK but on the other issue do any of you remember encountering anything like in your dream?"
Everyone was silent. They where trying to think back to see if they ever came a cross any short of dark force or virus like the one in their dream, but none of them seemed to remember anything like that.
"See that is where my repressed memory idea comes in. Whoever encountered it must have pushed the memories away that is why it is necessary to go through each of our memories until we find out who encounter the darkness."
After Izzy was done explaining how the process of going through our memories would work everyone began to talk amongst with others about the dreams and everything that was happening.
"Um, Izzy?"
"Yeah Matt?" Matt hadn't said a word since they had arrived at Tai's house. So Tai was very interested in what his best friend had to say.
"You said that you think that our dreams are suppose to prepare us for and encounter with this dark force, and that it must be a warring from a digital entity right?"
"Uh yeah, that's right so?"
"Well how do you think this entity found out?"
"To be honest I'm not sure it is the entity. What made me come to that conclusion was when I was exacting my digivice. You see after our encounter with the entity, there was some strange energy that had remained in our digivices. And after exclaiming the affect that the dream had on the digivces I discovered the same energy. But out of curiosity why do you ask?"
"No reason, I'm just trying to understand your theory." A weak smile came over Matt. Tai noticed at once that there was something wrong with him. His eyes seemed to have lost their sparkle and he seemed kind of pail.
"Matt are you OK? You look like you're getting sick or something." Tai looked at his friend with concern in his eyes.
"I'm OK. I'm just kind of tiered. Look I've got to go I have band practice and the guys would kill me if I was late." Matt got up and headed to the door.
"OK talk to you later buddy." Tai's eyes still directed straight at Matt. Tai could tell there was something wrong, but he decided to wait and talk to Mat tomorrow.
Shortly after Matt left everyone went home. It was a weird day, and there were still so many questions that needed to be answered, but for some reason all Tai could think about was Matt. There is something wrong with him, but what could it be. Maybe these dreams are just making me paranoid.
Well life went on and Tai stilled had to get up and go to school. The weird dream hadn't happened again.
Tai walked down the halls of his school looking for Matt the blond teen hadn't shown up four first quarter so Tai was begging to worry, he asked every one, but no seemed to know where he was. Tai even tried calling Matt's house, but no one answered. Tai decided that Matt must have been skipping school, to practice his bass guitar. He'd do that sometimes when he had a concert coming up. The rest of the day went by pretty fast no one had seen Matt, and Tai had really begun to worry when TK called to tell him that Matt never showed up at band practice that day. Tai tried calling again, but there was still no answer, so he decided to go check on Matt himself. It was pretty late, but Tai's parents where still out of town so there was no one to stop him. The conversation he had with Matt this evening wasn't very conforming or informing. Matt just seemed to be distant lost in his own world, but he also seemed like he was worried or afraid of something, but what?
Ring ring.
"HUH" the sound of Tai's cell phone brought him out of his thoughts. He reached in his pocket to answer the call.
"Hello?"
"Tai where are you it's really late and you had me really worried."
"I'm sorry Kari. I guess I just lost track of time. I'm almost home so I'll talk to you when I get there k."
"K, bye."
Tai hung up his cell phone and returned it to its place in his pocket. He then got up from his set on the bench. He hadn't noticed just how long he was there, but his watch indicated that he left Matt's apartment at 11:23, and it was now 12:01. His thoughts were still on Matt and the events that had been happening the last couple of days. That is when the idea struck him like a volt of lighting. What if Matt was the one that had first encountered the darkness? Tai didn't like that thought, but it just wouldn't go away. If Matt was the one then why didn't he tell him? Tai brought himself out of his thoughts and began to walk home. There is no reason to believe that it is Matt, I mean Kari took the dreams pretty hard, and I didn't exactly take them so well myself.
The sound of the door opening startled Kari out of her thoughts.
"Kari I'm home." Said Tai as he removed his shoes and placed them by the door. Then he turned and looked the door for the night.
"Why did it take you so long? I was begging to worry. Just where did you go anyway?"
Tai entered the kitchen where his sister was and headed to the refrigerator.
"I'm sorry it took so long, but I went over to Matt's to see if he was all right."
"And?"
Tai took out a cup from the cabinet and filled it with water.
"I don't know what's wrong with him. I'm really begging to worry."
"Don't worry Tai I'm sure there is nothing wrong. He's probably just a little shaken up by these dreams like the rest of us."
"Yeah you're probably right. I'm going to bed."
"OK sleep well. I'm just going to get a drink and I be going to bed too."
"All right goodnight."
"Night." Kari walk over to the cabinets to get a cup then over to the sink. She filled it with cool water then sipped it down. She loved the filling of the cold water running down her throat. After drinking the water she set the cup down and began to think. TK and Tai were both so worried about Matt and I'm begging to worry myself. There is defiantly something wrong with Matt, but what could he be hiding?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
OK what do you think? Confusing boring? Well I will try to have part four out soon, and it will deal mostly with Matt, I think. Anyway if you have any questions e-mail me at truthangel43322@cs.com

ZOE