Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Key ❯ A Deal ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




"Why do you keep coming to me



Annoying author notes: sorry that it took me so long to get this one out, but social life and school work got in the way. Anyway here is the next part in my story. Hope you like it. I will try to get the next part out much sooner. OK there is a little language that I could have left out, but it is just to show that the person is angry. Also this part maybe a little confusing but bare with me.

Disclaimer: I do not own digimon. That is all.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The Dark Key
Part 4: A Deal


"Why do you keep coming to me? Who are you? What do you want?" Matt looked at his surroundings; they were far too familiar. He could almost remember being here, almost remember why he was called here, almost. 'Why does this keep happening?' Matt thought as he wandered around. The darkness was all around him. There was no trace of light. He could see no one. Was he alone? No he wasn't alone, he couldn't see or hear anyone but he knew he wasn't alone. There is some one here some one familiar, but some one he hoped he would never face again.
"Why won't you show yourself?"
There was no answer. The silence was really begging to be too much. Every time it was the same silence, darkness; yet he knew he wasn't alone. There was some one here but they never answer his questions, but this time he is going to get an answer no matter what.
"Who are you?" Matt asked again, this time anger was laced in his voice.
"Answer me!" Matt demanded, but he wasn't so sure that he really wanted an answer.
Matt could hear an eerie laughter fill the room all around him. It came form all directions. It felt like the air itself was laughing at him.
"Tell me young Yamato, why do you continue to ask questions that you already know the answers to?"
Matt felt his blood freeze, but his heart was throbbing. He couldn't answer so the voice continued.
"Is the human mind so weak that you couldn't even remember me?"
"I…I remember you." Matt's voice was shaky as he answered. "But what do you want with me?"
"You know the answer to that one as well."
"Well you can forget it. You can do your own dirty work, I wouldn't help you hurt the innocent again."
"Really. Do you honestly think that I was going to take no for an answer? You serve me whether you wish to or not, you are an eternal slave to the darkness, or have you forgotten that."
"You wouldn't give me the pleasure of forgetting." Matt was begging to feel helpless. "But I wouldn't help you not this time or ever again."
"Foolish Yamato. Who said you have a choice in the matter." The voice was begging to sound angry and annoyed, but it continued calmly.
"There is someone in this world whose power is growing. Some one of the light. I wish to have that some one removed before he becomes too powerful."
Matt couldn't help but be a little curious. His master who was supposedly the most powerful dark force in all the digiworlds, felt threatened by a human.
"Who is he?"
His master just laughed at this remark, then answered.
"It' someone you know quiet well."
Matt didn't like the way that sounded. A few moments of silence passed then the voice spoke again.
"It is the one that you call your leader."
"Tai? No it can't be. I wouldn't help you hurt my friend you have to be out of you fuking mind!" Matt was beyond angry and surprised.
"You didn't let me finish, the digidestined of courage is not my only concern. I believe even without your gate to the digiworld that you all are still growing stronger."
"How is that possible?" Matt was really confused they shouldn't have any powers any more not with the gate sealed.
"That is none of you concern, all I want you to do is to eradicate this problem."
"Eradicate?" Matt knew what his master meant by this, but it was hard to accepted.
"You are able to get close to the digidestined without causing suspicion. I want you to remove the digidestined of courage first, with their leader out of the way the others will fall easily."
"No there is no way I'm going to help you hurt my friends."
"Friends? If they are truly your friends then how come you never told them the truth. How come you never told them that you caused the deaths of thousands of innocent digimon."
Matt was begging to brake down, his master was right, friends don't lie to each other.
"Tell me do you honestly think that they would want you as their friend if they knew the truth?"
"I don't know, but it doesn't matter I wouldn't fight my friends."
"Your friends you mean the people you abandoned and betrayed. They're not your friends and your not theirs, you are my servant nothing more."
"They are my friends, and I would rather die then serve you again."
Laughter filled the room again, but this time not only did it fill like the air was laughing at him, but it also seemed to be coming form inside him like his mind was laughing at him.
"Kill one of my most valuable servants? I wouldn't dream of such a thing. However I can't have you disobeying my so I will make a deal with you."
"What kind of deal." Matt asked with fear of the answer.
"I will give you three days. In those three days you will have freedom to do whatever you want. You can even warn your 'friends' about their impending doom, but after those three days are up you will return to serve me on a more regular basses."
Matt had think about this. If he had a chance to warn his friends then they would have time to prepare and maybe find a ways to stop him. But if he did do this then he would have to give up what little freedom he still has. Matt then was lost in thought and memories. 'If I made this deal then the others could be saved, but I would never get a chance to attain my freedom. Why did I have to be so foolish? All I cared about was getting stronger, now my wish did come true I can control the powers of darkness and so much more. Not that I ever use my unique gifts, but they're still there to torment me. I can still remember the day it happen. After defeating Puppetmon, Gabumon and I found ourselves lost in a strange part of the digiworld. It was a large and dark forest. There was no sound anywhere everything was so still with no trace of life. Gabumon was worried and asked if we could turn back, but I wouldn't listen. Something about this place drew me to it I could feel the power and darkness all around me, an I wanted that power. That is when I meet my master, he said that all power came with a price and he asked if I was willing to pay that price. If I had only know that pure pain and sorrow would be my price I'm sure I would have refused, but I didn't. I got what I wanted I got power, only my master was stronger then me.
"Well Yamato, do we have a deal?"
"Deal, under a condition. You can not come to the real world until those three days are up."
"Very well Yamato I will see you in three days."
Beep…….beep…..beep.
Matt woke to the familiar sound of his alarm clock set to go off at 6:00am. He didn't even remember setting the alarm. Matt opened his eyes and let the light pore in. as his eyes began to adjust he noticed that he wasn't the only one in the room.
"What the hell! Tai what are you doing in my room?!"
Tai got up from his set on the chair at Matt's desk and walked over to Matt's bed.
"You said we would talk later and it is now later so let's talk." Tai said kind of jokingly but still strong.
"Dammit Tai it's 6am on a Saturday, come back at noon like a normal person." It wasn't that Matt was upset about the getting up so early it was that he didn't feel like facing Tai today.
"Matt I know it's early, but I need to talk to you or rather I need you to talk to me."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I know it's a weird place to leave off, but I had to end this part some where. If you have any question e-mail me at truthangel43322@cs.com Comments and flames are appreciated. And the next part will hopefully be out much sooner.
ZOE