Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Key ❯ The Darkness Finds You ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




Matt turned his eyes to the floor in an attemped to avoid Tai's gaze





Author note: sorry it took so long. This part may be a little confusing but if you get confused just e-mail me. Oh and I have read the spoilers for the end of season2 so this fic is now an alternate universe. Also I don't know how much longer this one will be I'm going to try to make the next parts longer so they might take a while to get out, but I will get started on the next part as soon as I post this one.

Disclaimer: I do not own digimon




The Dark Key
Part5: The Darkness Finds You

Matt turned his eyes to the floor in an attempt to avoid Tai's gaze. Why did Tai have to come here today? Matt knew he needed to talk to him, but he really didn't feel like he had the energy right now. Matt just didn't want to face any of them right now, but Tai always had that gift of being in the wrong place at the right time to get the answers he wanted.

"Matt?" Tai asked bringing him out of his thoughts. "Look man I know these dreams have been hard on you. I haven't taken them so well myself, but you can't just sit here in your room for the rest of your life worrying." Matt didn't answer he just continued to stare at the floor like he was in his own world of terror. Tai was getting a little annoyed, but also worried Matt was acting so weird lately. He was really begging to scare him. "Come on Matt stop staring at nothing and talk to me." Matt still remained silent, and Tai was about to give up and leave when Matt broke the silence.

"Tai are you afraid of death?" Matt asked softly still staring at the floor. Tai was a little thrown back by Matt's question. Matt never talked like this. Now Tai knew for sure that something was wrong.

"Why do you ask?"

"Everyone always seems to fear what they don't understand" Matt stop for a few seconds as he was thinking and then continued. "I don't fear death. There are times when I welcome it. There are days when I wish that death would claim me. When it would take me from this world and my suffering would finally end. I welcome the day when death comes for me because it's the only way to escape, the only way I will ever be free again."

Tai was shocked by what was coming out of his friend's mouth. "Matt what exactly are you saying?"

Matt closed his eyes to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall. He got up out of his bed and walked to the window. He looked out at the now rising sun. It was so beautiful and mysterious, if his master had his way then the sun would never rise again. Matt couldn't allow that to happen. He had to tell his friends the truth after all these years of hiding from his past he would now have to face it. The only problem was his friends were going to suffer for his actions. How could he spare his friends without hurting any others? Matt knew that if the others knew he was fighting them against his will that they would refuse to do what it takes to win. The only way they would fight would be if they thought he truly was their enemy.

"Tai there is something you should know." Matt's words came out strong, now that he knew what to do he wasn't afraid anymore. His friends will win this fight, Matt was sure of it.

Tai got a little curious. "What is it Matt."

Matt finally turned to face his friend. Their eyes met and Tai could tell by the look in his friend's eyes that their friendship would never be the same again.

"I'm not who you think I am."

"What do you mean by that."

It was time Matt knew he was going to end his friendship with all of them, but his master gave him an order and he must carry it out. Matt moved from where he was sitting and closer to Tai. Tai was still starring at him with curiosity. Suddenly it was clear to Matt. The only way to save them would be to fight them. Matt walked over and stood in front of Tai and looked at him with intensity in his eyes. Matt clutched his fist so tight that his nukes began to turn white. He then threw his fist back and hit Tai right in the face with so much force that Tai hit the wall and fell to the ground. Tai slowly sat up to his knees and stared at his friend confused. Why did Matt hit him and more importantly when did he get so strong. Matt just stared at his friend with what could only be described as pure anger raging in his eyes, but they were also cold and heartless. Tai just couldn't understand what was going on.

"What has gotten into you Matt?" Tai asked his eyes showing that he was hurt and confused.

Matt answered with the same coldness in his voice that was in his eyes. " Darkness can be more powerful then the light." Matt paused for a second he hated what he was going to do and it was starting right here. "And I'm going to make sure it stays that way digidestined."

"HUH?! What are you talking about Matt? You are a digidestined like the rest of us. And what do you mean that you're going make the darkness stronger then the light?"

An evil smile came across Matt's face and a shadow crept upon his eyes. "I may be a digidestined but I am nothing like you Tai. You're from the light I am of the darkness."

"I don't understand?"

"Don't worry you will guardian of courage."

"When?" Tai asked trying to understand.

Matt's smile faded as he was reminded how short of time he had to prepare. And how soon he would be lock in eternal servitude to the darkness. Remembering Tai's question Matt answered. "In three days." Matt wasn't evil, but when he served his master he was a monster, and so he had plenty of practice in acting cruel or evil. "Now leave I have something I need to think about."

"But Matt what…" Tai was cut of by Matt.

"Just leave Tai I have nothing to say to you." Matt looked away so not to have to look at the hurt in Tai's eyes. Tai turned to leave still hurt and confused, but also angry with what had just happened. He was about to walk out of Matt's room when he heard Matt speak. "Tai don't worry about checking everybody's memories to see who encountered the darkness."

"Oh yeah why?" Tai didn't really need an answer but he wanted one. He turned to look at Matt who was still gazing out the window.

Matt then turned to face his friend his eyes still cold. "Because you don't find the darkness it finds you."
And with that Tai left not needing to hear anymore .It was true Matt had encountered the darkness, but the worse part was that Matt was the darkness.


OK this part is done. Time to star on the next part. Well if you have any questions or comments please e-mail me at Truthangel43322@cs.com