Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Key ❯ Revelation ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




"Hello, Kari where are you




A/N: just so you know this part is a mixture of me being sick with some kind of bug, and being angry at someone who will remain anonymous, and having writers block. Well it actually turned out better then I though, but I guess I'll let you decide. Hope you like it.

2/A/N: originally I was going to put in this story how Matt encountered the darkness and just what the whole story behind that was, but now I think I'm going to write a completely different fic that tells about that, so I can go into more depth about it. What do you think please tell me by reviewing or e-mailing it doesn't matter which one.

Disclaimer: I don't' own digimon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Dark Key

Part 7: Revelation



"Hello, Kari where are you? Izzy are you there? Sora can you hear me? Hello." Where is everybody, and where am I. This doesn't make any sense. Where did everyone go? Tai studied his surroundings. He could tell from the tall skyscrapers and apartment buildings that he was in the city. There was a TV station behind him and a dark road in front of him. In fact the whole world seemed to be dark and lifeless. There was an eerie fog that blanked the entire city. This was defiantly Odiaba, but everything was different. The buildings seemed old and worn. Debris lay on the ground as though a hurricane had past through the town. The worse part in this picture was the fact that he was the only one here. There were no signs of life anywhere. "Hello is anybody there? Hello!!" Tai screamed once more in hope that someone would answer.

"You don't have to yell." Came a voice from behind Tai startling him a little.

"Who are you and where am I." Asked Tai as he tried to get a better look at the person who was coming up to him from behind the wall of fog.

"Didn't you already ask that? Oh well, I'll go ahead and tell you what you want to know, but you have to follow me if you want to see you friends." Came a cool reply.

"Wait a second who are you? Where are my friends?"

"I'm hurt that you don't recognize me Tai, but it doesn't matter. You where always pretty dense. Even after knowing me for all those years you still couldn't figure it out, or maybe you just didn't want to."

Tai was really confused, he knew he recognized the voice but he just couldn't figure out who it was. "I know you don't I?"

The person didn't reply. Instead he walked closer so Tai could make out his face. "Matt is it really you what's going on? And what happened here?"

Matt didn't answer, but an evil smile itched upon his face and he signaled for Tai to follow him.
Tai and Matt walked along the abandoned streets of Odiaba in silence. Tai only to find why the streets were so silent, dead bodies of men, women, and children could be seen every once in awhile. The sight made Tai cringe but he kept walking along side of Matt. The most alarming thing about these bodies where that they didn't seem to have faces, yet the all seemed like they were starring at him. They looked at him with their empty and lifeless faces as though they knew something about him that he didn't. It almost seemed that they were accusing Tai of a crime he didn't know he committed. Tai was brought out of his thoughts when Matt spoke.

"Were here."

He said in a low tone. Tai looked around and he was mortified at what he saw. All the other Digidestined and Agumon lay on the ground, and they were just as lifeless as the other bodies. The only difference between his friend's bodies and the stranger's that lined the streets was the fact that his friend's bodies had their faces. You could see every emotion that they felt at the time they died. All the horror and sadness, was still righting on their lifeless features. Once Tai had gotten over the shock of seeing his friends dead he rushed over to where his sister Kari laid. She was so pail and cold. He beautiful features drained of color and her usually peaceful face was frozen in fear. The fear she must have felt when she died.
"What happened to them?" Tai asked as tears began to fall from his eyes.

"They were murdered of course, but hey everyone has to go some day right." Said Matt with no feeling in his voice. Tai was angry at this point. How could Matt just dismiss their friends like that, how could he just past his own brother's day as though it didn't matter.

"How could you just act like this doesn't matter? Aren't you upset about our friend's death? Aren't you angry at the one who did this?" tears were now flowing down Tai's eyes uncontrollably, but Tai didn't care. Nothing mattered now.
"What's the matter Tai, you knew this would happen eventually. But I guess you didn't think that you would be the cause of your fellow Digidestined's deaths."

"What are you talking about Matt. I didn't do this. I would never hurt our friends."

"No, Tai you wouldn't hurt them, but you wouldn't protect them either. You caused their deaths because you failed them as a leader. You were too afraid to fight so you let them die. Do you really want to know what happened Tai?"

Tai didn't answer he just nodded his head yes.

"Well it's simple really, you didn't kill them; but you wouldn't stop the one who did." Matt stopped for a second to let this sink in and then continued to speak. "I was the one who killed them Tai, but I wasn't the one responsible for their deaths, you were. You were suppose to lead them against all enemies, but you couldn't handle fighting someone you use to call friend. So when I went after them you didn't stop me you just let me destroy our friends, you were the one who caused their deaths. You were the one who murdered your sister."

Tai fell to the ground and began to cry uncontrollably. This couldn't be true Matt wouldn't do this, but he did. And he was right. I was the leader I was suppose to protect them and be there for them. All my friends and the world were destroyed because I was a good enough leader. "NO this couldn't have happened."

"But it did Tai. In a way I should thank you, if you hadn't been such a worthless leader, then I wouldn't have been able to accomplish all of this."

Tai stood up with rage in his eyes. I'm wouldn't let this happen. There is no way I will let the darkness win. I don't care if my best friend is the enemy I will still win, and maybe I will save Matt in the process.


"Tai? Tai are you OK?" Tai awoke to the sound of his sister's worried voice. As Tai opened his eyes he was surprised to find that he was back in his apartment. Kari and TK were both there. TK was asleep in the recliner near the TV. Even though TK was asleep you could still see the distress righting on his face. Kari was kneeling on the ground next to the couch where Tai was lying.

Tai was so happy to see his sister that he sat up and pulled her into a tight hug. "Kari you're alive."

Kari was really surprised but still returned the hug. "Tai it's OK you must have had another nightmare."

Tai pulled away from Kari and looked to the ground as the images from his dream came flooding back. "It was horrible, the entire world seemed to be dead and dark, and Matt he murdered all of you. He didn't even care that he was hurting the innocent. He didn't care that he killed his own brother. He even blamed it on me. Saying that if I had been a better leader, and if I had been willing to fight him that none of that stuff would have happened."

"Tai don't worry none of that stuff did happened it was all just a bad dream." Kari tried to soothe her upset brother, but in her heart she new something bad was going to happen.

"Yeah you're right Kari none of that has happened, but what if it does? We don't know exactly what is going on or what will happen in the future and even if we did we don't know how to stop it."

"The prophecy."

"HUH?" said Kari and Tai in unison.

"TK how long have you been awake?" asked Tai as he sat up full and looked over at the long blond.

"Long enough to hear you dream, and your question. When I went to speak with Matt he told me it doesn't matter if we had the prophecy or not. He said we would be able to understand it so we won't figure out how to stop him."

"So you're saying the answers are in the prophecy." said Tai as more of a statement then a question. "Wait a second, what time is it. TK when did you get back from talking with Matt?"

"Tai after TK left for Matt's you fell asleep. Izzy went home shortly after so he could try to figure out the prophecy. I waited for TK for a long time, but he never came back. His mom called worried so I told her he would be spending the night over here. I didn't want to lie, but I had no choose. After I got off the phone with her I went to find TK. I found him in the park he seemed really upset and he wouldn't talk to me so I brought him here and he fell asleep."

"Why didn't you wake me up?" asked Tai a little angry.

"You were sleeping so well I didn't want to disturb you, and TK didn't feel like talking last night so there wouldn't be any point, but I made breakfast. And Izzy is on his way over he was able to translate more of the prophecy and he was some other things to share with us. All the others have work or school today so they wouldn't be coming over, and Davis and the others are already out of town."

Tai was amazed at how well Kari was able to handle everything without him. She really has grown up.

"OK let's eat and discus what to do about Matt when Izzy gets here."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

About thirty minutes later Izzy arrived, and the small group began to talk about what had been happening lately.

"TK I think you should go first and tell us what happened when you went to speak with Matt." Said Tai eminently taking charge of the small group.

"OK, well he defiantly wasn't himself. He seemed so cold and distant. I tried talking to him, but he wouldn't listen. He told me that even with the help of the prophecy we still wouldn't be able to stop the darkness or him. When I wouldn't leave he freaked and picked me up and threw me. I've never seen him so angry or strong."

Everyone was quiet after that. The idea of Matt ever hurting TK was just too strange; but then again Matt hasn't really been himself lately. Finally Izzy broke the uncomfortable silence that had fallen and spoke.

"Well I guess this proves one theory we should stay way from Matt. According to the prophecy he is really dangerous right now, and it also says that he has control over the powers of darkness." Izzy opened up his computer to bring up the files on the prophecy.

"Wait what do you mean he has control over the powers of darkness?" asked Tai a little confused and a little freak at the idea of his best friend having anything to do with the powers of darkness.

"I'll explain in a second. Ah, here are those files." Exclaimed Izzy as he continued to type. "Last night I was able to get more of the prophecy translated. Which was odd considering I discovered that the digi-code the prophecy is written in is actually a very ancient form used in another digiworld that none of us have ever traveled to. I believe that the entity upload the information during our encounter, and put a program in my computer, that allows me to translate it. Well here is everything I've been able to translate so far.

And darkness shall take friendship from the light and lead him to power and sorrow. Friendship shall bring terror upon the lost digiworlds. But then do to an act of kindness he will find the light again. He will then return to the guardians and they shall cast out the evil of one world and return to their own. Peace shall rein until the light is threatened again. Dreams of darkness will open the gate and a forgotten past shall be
remembered. After the deal of death is made the light will have three days left to shine then the guardian's world will be lost to darkness. In order to prevent victory over the light the guardian of courage must face the guardian of friendship. Friendship's enslaved soul must be freed. It shall not be freed by an act of kindness, but by an act of force. Only by defeating and destroying the guardian of friendship, shall the darkness be stopped. If friendship is not stop before the third day then the deal of death shall proceed, friendship will remain an eternal slave to the darkness and the guardian's world shall be lost."
As Izzy finished he could see the distress and determination in Tai's eyes.

"Well I guess it's pretty obvious what it means." Said TK with sadness in his voice.

"Yeah it means I have to fight and destroy my best friend, or the hole world will be lost in darkness." answered Tai with bitterness in his voice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why won't you just leave me alone. It's not enough that you've taken my freedom and forced me to fight my friends, but now you have to haunt me with the mistakes of my past. Please just go away." Matt half screamed half pleaded with the shadow in his mind. The screams of innocent digimon ringing in his ears. Matt's dreams always held these sounds of pain, and these images of destruction, but now they seemed more intense. Matt had forgotten his life with his master, but now all those memories came flooding back. All the digimon he destroyed all the worlds he left in ruin. All he wanted to do was to get away from this past, but that was impossible you can't escape the darkness especially when the darkness is such a large part of you.

"Will you just go away. I'm already doing everything you ask why do you keep doing this to me?"

"Tell me Yamato why do you keep running from the truth. You have already realized your past so why do you keep fighting it. You were the one who destroyed those innocent digimon, and you did it willingly so why try and tell yourself other wise?"

"I…didn't know how much pain I was causing. I was confused."

"No, you were lost, and I found you and gave you what you wanted. I gave you more power then any humane posses, and you took accepted it. You enjoyed having that power, and even now you enjoy it. You enjoy the dark power because it feels right. You know it's where you belong."

Matt looked down ashamed. His master was right. He enjoyed the feeling of having his dark power that had been dormant for so many years reawaken. "NO, you are doing this to me I don't want this stupid power and I don't want to serve the darkness now leave me alone."

"As you wish. I told you all power came with a price and said that you were willing to pay it, no matter what it is. So sad that the price will be everything you hold dear." And with that the darkness was gone and Matt awoke.

He knew he wouldn't be getting anymore sleep tonight so he garbed his coat and decided to go for a walk. Matt didn't care where he ended up just so long as he didn't have to speak with his master or his friends. He had a lot to think about, and he had to plain for his next encounter with the other digidestined.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I am finally getting into the story. Sorry it took so long; I'm still trying to get the hang of this fanfic stuff. Anyway if you didn't read the top other's note I suggest you read it because it talks about a story I might do, and I want to know if you think I should. If you have any question, comments, or flames you can e-mail me at truthangel43322@cs.com

ZOE