Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Next Level ❯ The Pursue ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hey, TOEI owns Digimon. Yes, it's hard to understand but it's the truth...

Alan, Chris, Reilmon, Tsuki and Ryu and characters made by me, do not try anythingwith them, from stealing to using, whatever, without my consent.

Kitsunemon however is property of Talismon2k1. I decided not to post his mail to avoid him any mail coming from my stories.

This story happens 10 years after the events of "2nd Run", which happens 8 months after "A Love Story", which happens 4 months after "A New Story".

This story will contain crossbreeding relationships (NOT lemons though, only the feeling itself), and then result of the deep love between a couple of humans and Digimons if you know what I mean...

The Next Level - Chapter 2 - The Pursue

Sequel to "A New Story", "A Love Story" and "2nd Run".


It was the same day, night was soon aproaching, Chris, Kitsunemon and Ryu made their way to the Langel residence or department in this case... A knocking was heard on the door of an apartment, a fox-like creature answered the door.

"Hi, come in" said Reilmon at her guests, which we know who are.

"Ryu, Tsuki is in her room if you want to see her" Reilmon said quickly after her last coment.

"Ok, thank you" he proceeded to the door and knocked, and entered after Tsuki told him so.

"Where is Alan?" asked Chris at Reilmon.

"Oh, he's just adding the final touches to the dinner. I'm going to help him set the table, make yourselves as home" she said before heading back to the kitchen.

"Well, it sure will be a nice evening..." said Chris as she and Kitsunemon sat on a couch.

Alan exited the kitchen and entered the room.

"Hey!" he said as he gave Chris a small peck in the cheek and the closest thing to a hand-shake to Kitsunemon, trying to do one when one has a 3-clawed hand and the other has a 5-finger hand is not easy...

"Nice place" said Chris at her oldest friend.

"Save the credit for Reilmon, she is the one that decorated most of the place, I'll be right back, Im just gonna help Reilmon prepare the table" he said before walking back to the kitchen.

He and Reilmon soon exited with a couple of dishes which they placed on the table, after a couple of minutes they table was ready, only 2 things were missing...

"Tsuki, Ryu!" yelled Alan, Tsuki and Ryu soon exited Tsuki's room and headed towards the table where they sat. After a couple of words they started to eat.

~*~

"We are arriving at the target's house" said a men in black wanna-be inside a truck. There were 5 more persons inside besides him.

After a couple of minutes the truck went to a stop, the back door opened and all 6 persons exited the truck, each one carried a small gun, but the design was too small to actually be a gun, it was a dart gun. All 6 headed up the stairs of the apartment building.

~*~

Dinner was very quiet and normal, VERY quiet...

Reilmon startled for no apparent reason.

"What's wrong, dear?" asked Alan at Reilmon. Yes, instead of the normal ring a Renamon, or in this case, a Reilmon wore was another that loked more like an engagement ring Alan modified from a normal one, before Digimons became more popular.

"I don't know, I have this sudden feeling... A bad feeling" said Reilmon.

"Hmm... Maybe the loud footsteps outside have something to do" said Kitsunemon.

Some voices could also be heard but none could be understand.

"I think they are getting closer, and I don't like the look of this, get ready!" said Alan as they all got up.

In a sudden motion the door opened with a kick from one of the men in black wanna-bes, suddenly, all 6 got a shot from their guns, sending a tranquilizer dart at them, Kitsunemon and Reilmon each blocked 1 with a swift motion from their claws, Ryu blocked the dart coming at him with his left bracer and protected Tsuki using his right bracer, blocking that dart too, Alan and Chris only moved away, evading the dart. Tsuki was the first one to enter in action.

"Flaming Arrowhead!" Tsuki yelled, she stood in a profile stance, with here left leg facing front, she lifted her right hand and raised her 2 first fingers, she created a leaf above her fingers, a little bigger than a common tree leaf, but it radiated a white tim, she quickly spinned so that she did a complete 360 and move her fingers as if slashing a sword downwarf from left to right, at the same time the leaf went flying, upon contact in delivered a rather powerful explosion, hitting one of the persons, which suddenly bursted into bits of data. Even though Tsuki was a little startled, she downloaded the data.

"Huh?" was all Chris managed.

"They aren't persons, those are Digimons" said Alan, and indeed they were, that was why they were fully, and I do mean fully covered in black clothes, pants, suits, hats, gloves, boots, you name it, it was black, so they couldn't be recognized as Digimon.

"Freezing Dragon Silhouette!", it was Ryu's turn to attack as he tried his move for the first time outside a practice session. He moved his right arm backwards as if preparing for a punch, the figure of a dragon appeared on the bracer which then glowed an ice blue color, he punched the air, as the silhouette of a dragon's mouth appeared from his fist and went straight towards a black Digimon, which was freezed upon impact, shattering seconds later.

Reilmon and Kitsunemon couldn't attack very well inside the building, since their main attacks delivered a big explosion, they would shatter the walls, however their secondary attacks were still usable...

"Eclipse Punch!" Kitsunemon yelled, a moon eclipse illusion appeared behind him as he charged his fist with energy, he dashed a step and delivered a punch at the air, which sent a blast of energy towards a Digimon deleting that one too.

A second line of darts came, but only three this time, since three from the Digimons had been deleted already. But this time they went directly at Ryu and Tsuki. Two were against Ryu, but he managed to swipe them away with his bracers, but Tsuki had no way to protect herself, her gloves the only exception but the dart could easily go through them. She closed her eyes as if preparing for what she thought would be a killing blow since she didn't knew those were tranquilizers. She felt nothing and after a second she opened her eyes, Ryu was there in front of him, smiling, the other 4 only staring in awe, succumbing to the tranquilizer Ryu started to plummet towards the ground but was catched in mid-air by Tsuki, who hugged him.

In a couple of seconds, what an angry Reilmon could be was already facing the rest of the Digimons on the doorway...

"Blazing Kick!" she yelled, she quickly dashed and lit her right leg on fire and delivered an upper kick at a Digimon's chin, sending him flying over the handrail deleting in mid-air, from the same stance she stood at, she delivered a back kick to another Digimon, also deleting it, the last one got a hold of Reilmon and grabbed her arms around her back. Ryu was already sitting on a chair thanks to Tsuki, but it wasn't a good moment when she decided to turn around. She only saw her mom being restrained by the last of those persons...

"Shadow Kick!" she yelled as she quickly disappeared, a sudden kick made the digimon in black loosen it's grasp of Reilmon, Tsuki then suddenly appeared and delivered an upper kick, which only sent the Digimon flying upwards, but then was kicked over the handrail by Tsuki's shadow, deleting at the moment that it crashed into the ground, she quickly rushed back to where Ryu was.

Chris, Kitsunemon and Alan where already there, Reilmon quickly followed, Alan checked the dart, and recognized the tranquilizer it was filled with, it was the same as they used in a hospital...

"He should be awake in about an hour, the dose wasn't that strong..." he said fully trusting his knowledge of medicine on both species.

"But are we doing to do? The door is broken, and another group of those Digimons might come..." said Reilmon looking at the door, sure enough it was broken, the handknob was on the floor, only the double latch remained on the door.

"You can stay at our house, we have an extra room, and Ryu's bed is double, so Tsuki can sleep there" Chris said.

"Thanks, just let me get a couple of things..." Alan said as he went to what was his room, Tsuki only grabbed her backpack since she had classes tomorrow...

A couple of minutes passed...

"Ok, we are ready" said Alan.

"The let's go" added Chris.

"Wait... Reilmon, could you stay inside and lock the door with the latch and teleport outside?" asked Alan.

"Sure" was all Reilmon said as the other exited, the closed the door and quickly added the latch, she then teleported outside.

~*~

"This is your room... Feel free to stay here as long as you need" said Chris showing Alan and Reilmon to the guest room.

"Thanks" said Alan, Reilmon and Tsuki at the same time. Tsuki then walked towards Ryu room, Kitsunemon, who had been carrying Ryu placed him on his bed and then exited the room.

All 6 had already fallen asleep.. Ok, Ryu was already sleep but you know what I mean...

It was about 12 AM, Ryu finally moved again by his own will as the effect of the dart disappeared...

"Ugh... Where am I?" he asked at no one as he watched his surroundings, he was still too asleep and his sight was a little blurry, he soon recognized the place as his room, he turned down and saw Tsuki sleeping in the other bed.

"What happened, I can't remember anything..." he said again at no one. Those guys appeared at the appartment and then Tsuki and I attacked... Oh yeah, I took one of those darts instead of Tsuki, well, aparently it was only a tranquilizer, I don't feel anything bad... he though, but when he turned he saw not a sleeping Tsuki, but one wide awake and with a big smile on her face.

"You are awake!" she said happily as ever and hugged her friend taking him by surprise.

"Why did you do that?!" she suddenly shifter from her happy self to a pretty totally angry one and starting shaking Ryu by the shoulders.

"Iiiii caaan't taaaalk liiikkeeee thiiiiisss..." he managed to say as Tsuki finally stoped shaking him...

"It was the only thing I could do, I wouldn't have been able to raise my arm and block it in time since I had just blocked the two darts that came to me" he said as he closed his eyes and shrugged.

"But why?! You could just had let the dart hit me..." Tsuki said and turned a little sad and hanged her head.

"I couldn't do that" he simply said.

"But why?!" she asked again.

"I just told you, I couldn't let that happen..." he simply said again. Tsuki's face once again returned to her happy self.

"Thanks!" she quickly said as she hugged Ryu again.

Hahaha... She quickly switches her appearance, one second she is happy, the next she is sad and then it just repeats over and over. Still, I really don't know why I took that dart in her place, my body just quickly moved... And how would I explain that... I couldn't, yeah, I could not been able to explain that, that was the only excuse that I could think of...He was cut off by Tsuki's hand waving in front of him.

"Hey! You there?" Tsuki asked as she waved her hand in front of Ryu's eyes. He quickly snapped back to reality.

"Huh? Oh yeah, sorry. I was just thinking..." he said.

"About what?" Tsuki asked back.

"You know, this and that, just random thoughts..." he simply said.

"Ok, we better go to sleep though, we do have classes tomorrow you know..." she said a little anoyed... She had good notes, but she didn't liked school that much, not bacause only Ryu and Tsuki were the only Half-breeds in that particular school, since both had gotten used to that, but school has that effect on almost everyone, you just don't want to go there.

"And here I was thinking we weren't going..." he said also a little annoyed.

"Well, good night" said Tsuki as she throwed the blankets above her.

"Yeah, good night" said Ryu as he went back to sleep, this time by his own will...

~*~

"I still can't believe we had to go to school!" a half-breed girl said walking down a street carrying a backpack, next to her was a half-bree boy, also carrying one.

"Well, you can't blame them, besides, I don't we'll be seeing those Digimons again for a couple of days at least..." he said back.

"I hope you are right Ryu, I hope you are right..." she trailed off.

"Don't worry though, if by some reason they were to appear and only both of us where there, as long as we concentrate on evading those darts and attacking after they shoot, we'll be alright... I think..." he trailed off too, for they had reached their destination. They each proceded to the same classroom, since they were in the same group.

A common school day just passed by, and the clock finally hited 2 o'clock and the bell rang for the last time of the day, everyone was already either storing and taking out some books out of their lockers, or heading outside through the long hallway, Tsuki's and Ryu's lockers were together, they were talking at the same time they took their books out.

A lot of commotion soon ensued from the students heading out, and they moved to the sides to let some "persons" fully dressed in black again, as they got closer, Tsuki was the first one to notice them and patted Ryu on the shoulder.

"Looks like we've got company..." she said as she let her backpack fall towards the floor and disappeared, reappearing in the middle of the hallway in a fighting stance, Ryu lost no time as he also got ready for a fight could soon ensued.

Already expected by both kids, the five Digimons took out another gun, the same type as before and all shot at the same time, only this time, they were ready. Ryu blocked two with his bracers and Tsuki only yelled...

"Moon Barrier!" Tsuki yelled as she held her hands in front of her and a barrier appeared radiating a white colorm much like of a full moon, three darts crashed into it falling into the floor.

"Let's dance!" yelled Ryu and returned to his fighting stance.

"Flaming Arrowhead!" Tsuki yelled, as she sticked her left foot to the front standing in a profile stance, she lifted her right hand and the her two first fingers as a huge leaf appeared from nowhere radiating a white glow, she quickly did a 360 spin and slashed her hand like a sword sending the leaf flying away, crashing in the floor near the Digimons, severely hurting them all.

"Burning Dragon Silhouette!" Ryu yelled, it was exactly like Freezing Dragon Silhouette, except that he now backed his left arm and after the dragon picture appeared and disappeared from the bracer, it turned a deep red, he then punched at the air, sending the silhouette of a dragon encased in flames towards the enemy, burning two of them, deleting them instantly.

Almost in a choreographed way, the three Digimon shot another dart, Tsuki moved closer to Ryu...

"Moon Barrier!" she yelled, creating the glowing barrier again, deflecting all three darts. And as soon as the barrier disappeared...

"Shadow Kick!" Tsuki then yelled as she disappeared into nowhere, she suddenly appeared behind one of the Digimons and fiercely kicked him deleting him, then disappeared again, a black shadow dropped from the ceiling also kicking another Digimon in the face, thus deleting him too, Tsuki then appeared back where she was.

The last Digimon decided to make a run, but shot a dart before, Ryu only arched his back a la Matrix and the dart went on, missing any other student watching the fight. All the persons in the path of the Digimon "hugged" the wall as the Digimon made it's run.

"You are not Running away!" yelled Tsuki as she disappeared and then appeared in front of the Digimon, closing it's running route.

"Who are?" she asked, but the Digimon said nothing.

"Who do you work for then?" she asked, but instead of words was another dart, she flicked the dart with her tail.

"If you want it that way..." she said before she dashed and landed a series of punches and kicks deleting the Digimon in seconds. Ryu ran towards Tsuki.

"Are you ok?" he asked at his friend.

"Yeah, but we better make a run for it, I can't stand the staring and I'm surprised the Principal hasn't showed up yet..." Tsuki said as both ran towards the exit, heading to where Ryu lived, because of last day incident...

~*~

Tsuki and Ryu entered the appartment after climbing up the stairs, Kitsunemon and Reilmon what could be know as the living room, just talking.

"Hi" said Tsuki soon followed by Ryu.

"Should I even ask?" said Kitsunemon.

"If you count five of those Digimons attacking us as something new, then yes, you should..." said Ryu.

"What?!" asked Reilmon at her friend's son and her daughter.

"Five of those black dressed Digimons appeared just as we were exiting, and then attacked us, we were able to defeat them without harming anyone or anything though" said Tsuki this time.

"Good, but it still worries me why are they tracking you two..." said Alan entering the room unexpectedly.

"I tried questioning one of them, but it just attacked me again..." said Tsuki.

"At least you are not hurt..." now said Chris entering from the kitchen.

"Well, we should be careful, last thing I want is some weird group after us..." said Ryu...

"Yeah..." said Tsuki flatly...

~*~

"Sir, the second attemp to capture them was a failure" someone in full black clothes said.

"What?! Be more careful, we can't afford to lose more personel!" said someone behind a desk, also fully clothed in black.

"Yes sir!" said the other as that person exited the room...

"Damn... But soon, I will get them...


Wow! This is the longest chapter I have made for any of my stories...

Well, let's see if you can see where this is going to..

In case you wonder, Ryu is still missing another attack, but I won't say anything, wait for the chapter it will be introduced...

Alan, Chris, Reilmon, Tsuki and Ryu and characters made by me, do not try anythingwith them, from stealing to using, whatever, without my consent.

Kitsunemon however is property of Talismon2k1. I decided not to post his mail to avoid him any mail coming from my stories.

This story happens 10 years after the events of "2nd Run", which happens 8 months after "A Love Story", which happens 4 months after "A New Story".

Alan "Haiiro Kitsune" Quirino - grayfox_2510@hotmail.com

Next: Chapter 3 - Unexpected Events