Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Real Me is Not the One You See ❯ The End of a Story ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Eight

Chapter Nine

"I'm getting tired, Matt." TK panted half an hour later, they were still walking. Lana quickly knelt down in front of TK, and gestured for him to get on her back. TK was too tired to object, and climbed on, wrapping his arms around her kneck. About fifeteen minutes later, Kari made the same complaint, and Lana hefted her onto Ze's back. It was another half hour before they finally had to stop, everyone was too tired to continue on. "I'm so tired." Mimi panted. "Lana, when we first found you, we never found out what your crest was, what is it?" TK asked Lana while he was sliding off her back. Lana smiled tiredly, and pulled her crest and tag out from under her shirt. "I have the crest of Soul, and Jay has the crest of Discovery. Our two friends 'Tammy' and 'Neb' have the crests of Healing and Time." "I think we need to keep moving, Lana, could you help the others like you helped me?" Tentomon asked, his voice causual, but looking at Lana closely. Everyone turned to Lana, and she blushed brightly. "Dang, I was hoping you wouldn't remember that." she said, looking guilty. "Why didn't you use it when you hurt your leg?" Tentomon pressed. "Use WHAT?" Patamon asked, looking confused. "When we first met Lana, I got hurt while I was chasing her, but somehow she healed me with her crest." Tentomon proclaimed, flying up to look Lana in the eye. "How did you do that?" asked Palmon. "Before I left, my friends each gave a little bit of their power to help me while I traveled on my own. I just used some of Tammy's healing power to help Tentomon, I guess I could use it to make us all feel energetic again, but after that, it would all be gone." Lana explained. "Do it quickly, something's not right here." Agumon said, as all the digimon suddenly dragged themselves in front of their partners. Lana nodded quickly, and cupped her hands around her crest, concentrating. "Hurry!" Ze whinnyed, starting to panic. Lana's eyes flew open, glowing orange, and she held her hands out so that her palms were facing her friends. Orange and Aqua-blue light shot from her hands and struck the digi-destined, filling them with new strength and awareness. Just as Lana finished healing her friends, a huge digimon burst out of the woods. It looked like a large black wolf, with fire surrounding it like a shield. "What is THAT?!" Mimi shrieked, diving behind Matt. "Shimekirimon." Agumon gasped, eyes widening. "This digimon is said to be found in volcanoes just before they erupt. He thrives in hot temperatures, and uses an attack called 'Forbidden Inferno' to eliminate his enimies." Tentomon said, flying closer to Izzy. "Goody." Lana gulped, looking up at the digimon. "Everyone digivolve!" Agumon shouted, when Shimekirimon started to charge.

"Agumon! Digivolve to!...Greymon!"

"Palmon! Digivolve to!...*********!"

"Gomamon! Digivolve to!...*********!"

"Gatomon! Digivolve to!...Angewomon!"

"Patamon! Digivolve to!...Angemon!"

"Gabumon! Digivolve to!...Garurumon!"

"Biyomon! Digivolve to!...Birdramon!"

"Tentomon! Digivolve to!...Kabuterimon!"

"Get ready Ze! You too, Panthoromon!" Yelled Lana and Jay. "Forbidden Inferno!" Shimekirimon yelled, opening his jaws, and forming the attack at the back of his throat. "Get out of the way!" Lana yelled, grabbed the two kids, and ran to the side. Everyone got to safety just as the attack went off. They could fee the imense heat as it brushed past. "Oh crud, watch out for that attack, Ze!" Lana yelled, and jumped to encourage and cheer on her digimon. Shimekirimon threw his head back and let out an unearthly howl. To everyone's suprise, they saw the hair on the back of Lana's neck stand straight up, and then she howled too. They a saw Ze look back in surprise, then a of understanding crossed her face, and she began to give a horse-like scream. No one knew what was going on, and they all looked at eachother in confusion. Shimekirimon looked at the human and her digimon in interest, and then said in an amused voice, "I accept." Lana snarled, and with her back to the others, told them to get out of there.

"What's going on?"Kari cried. "Are you CRAZY?!" Jay yelled. "Don't ask questions, just go! NOW!" Ze yelled, and turned to Shimekirimon. They all turned and ran to the shelter of the woods with some persuasion from their digimon. There they turned to watch through the trees to where their two friends were standing. "Don't come out, no matter what." Lana called to them. "What's Lana doing NOW?" Jay growled to no one in particular. "Want to die like a warrior, girl?" Shimekirimon sneered. Jay paled, along with several other of the choosen children. "At least it would be a death with honor, but I fear that I will not be the one to die today." they heard Lana say, in a voice very unlike her own, usually caring, though sometimes teasing voice.

"How do YOU, pan to kill ME?" Shimekirimon laughed. Lana smirked, and said calmly, "By the power invested in me by my friends, and my faith." Shimekirimon roared with laughter, and said, "Stop bluffing, human. You have no power, and your 'faith' will not help you." "We'll see about that. Time Manipulation!" Lana yelled, bright green light shooting from her crest. Shimekirimon gave a startled roar, but quickly stopped, when it appeared to have left him unaffected. "Your tricks are worthless girl, prepare to die!" He yelled with a triumphant gleam in his eye. "Idon'tthinkso,Buddy." came Lana's voice, as if in fast forward. Everyone looked at her in suprise, and she continued her little speech. "Theseareno'tricks'Shimekirimon.Thisisforreal.YouwillfindthatIveryrarelykid around.YoumaySEEM unnafectedbythepowersoftime,but YOU werenotmytarget." "Who are you?" Shimekirimon asked, looking slighty frightened. "IamLanaStarJohnson.KeeperoftheCrestofSoul,partnerofZeboramon,themythicalpe gasus.Iama sisterofTime,HealingandDiscovery.I amalittlegirl,turnedtoawomaninthefaceofbattle. Iam,yourend." Lana proclaimed, becoming a blur, along with Ze, and flying into the air as a black and white streak. Shimekirimon didn't even have a chance to give a startled yell before he was cut off by Ze's yell. "HyperTornado!" The blur stopped moving, and the wings seemed to blink in and out of sight as they flapped at the speed of sound, sending out a ground-ripping tornado. "No! I will not be defeated! I'll be back!" Shimekirimon screamed, and barely managed to break free of the violent tornado and get away. In a blur, Lana and Ze touched back down on the ground, and suddeny resumed their normal speed. "Everyone okay?" Lana called out to them. All of the digidestined seemed to be paralyzed. "Helllooo?" Ze asked, and poked her head in the bushes, hitting Joe with her nose. "AHHHHH!!!" he yelled, and grabbed Gomamon. "Geez, what's with you guys? I told you my friend gave me some of her powers of Time." Lana said, looking at them with a wierd expression. Kari suddenly flung herself at Lana, yelling, "You beat him all by yourself! You saved us! Yayyyy!" Lana laughed as the rest of the digi-destined snapped out of their trances. Tai looked at her and gulped.

"Okay, you and your friends must be more powerful than we thought." Lana rolled her eyes, then yawned, and suddenly dropped on the ground, fast asleep. Everyone sweatdropped, and Ze explained hurridly, "Using 'Time Manipualtion' aways tires her out. It takes a lot of energy, and often makes her fall asleep, kinda makes me tired t-Zzzzzzzzzzz" Ze started to say, but suddeny fell down next to her partner and started snoring. Matt, Izzy and Tai stared for a while, then started laughing. "Shhhh!" Sora scolded them, saying, "Let them sleep! They just saved our necks!" They quickly grew somber, nodded, and asked quietly, "What should we do? Carry them?" Mimi looked at Tai like he was crazy, then gave a pointed look towards Ze. Suddenly Ze glowed, and grew smaller, and looked like a young colt, her wings and horn still growing. "I guess that's her 'Rookie' form. What is it, Izzy?" Patamon and Gatomon asked, looking at Ze in interest. "That's 'Zemon', Rookie form of Zeboramon. Her attack is 'Rainbow Hammer', she gathers muticolored light, and throws it at her enemy." Izzy said, checking his digimon analiyzer. "Well, I guess we can carry them now, we want to get away before Shimekirimon gets back." Tai said, and handed Zemon up to Greymon. "I'll carry Lana, I want to ask her a few questions when she wakes up." Izzy volunteered. "I get the feeling you're going to learn a little bit more than you wanted to know." Jay commented. "Alright, let's go!" Tai ordered, and the friends left in the direction of the sunset.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lana: So what'd you think? I'm not sure if this is going to be a Lanamato, or a Lanashiro, seeing as how that was what it was going to be in the first place ^_^; And besides, Matt already has MILLIONS of fans and shines! I don't want to just one of that screaming Mob begging for him to-

Ze: Ahem.

Lana: ^_^; Heh, heh, oh yeah. *cough* As I was saying, I know I'd probably get some major flames if I just suddenly switched the pairs around and left Matt after he's already saved Lana and Ze more than once, but oh well, I'll live. ^__^ At least it would be SOMETHING, seeing as I have recieved NO new e-mails or reviews! *Looks pointedly at fan* I will probably continue this story in a trilogy, or a sequel, or I may get so crazy I have to do a series!!! Who knows?! "The Origin of the Soul", another one of my fan fics, *coughshamelessplugcough* tells you about Lana and her friends origin, and how they became digidestined, though it is not quite finished. Although if I had some ENCOURAGMENT *gives the viewer another look* I might finish it quicker.

Ze: Lana, you're going ON and ON, wrap it up already!!! >.<

Lana: It's so hard to find good help these days. *sighs, and pouts, then suddenly brightens* I know! I'll bring in Izzy! He's a smart guy! He'll be a much better at co-starring.

Ze: O.o; IZZY!? You're going to trade me for IZZY!? He won't do anything! He'll just sit there with his dumb laptop looking at who-knows-what! Just because he's a little smart doesn't mean he's better than me! You just want him to co-star because you think he's cute!!!

Lana: How right you are, my friend! Now where's that phone book?

Ze: -_-; I swear, you're nothing like the Lana in the story.

Lana: OH?! *throws phone book out the window* I'll show you! Alright 'My Little Pony', what do YOU have to say about the story?

Ze: Now let me see, ah! I have it now! *looks at reader with serious expression* This story is about a girl from a bad neighborhood, where you can trust NO ONE. She is secretive, and likes to act tough, so she won't get hurt by false acts. She has very few friends, but those she has, have formed a strong bond with the poor girl from the wrong side of the tracks. The-

Lana: POOR GIRL FROM THE WONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS!?!? YOU MAKE ME SOUND LIKE SOME WEAKLING!!! DID YOU EVEN READ 'THE ORIGIN OF THE SOUL'?!

Ze: Uhhh ^_^; Maybe?

Lana: Why I oughta-!

Ze: Ahem! Anyway! The digidestined help Lana Johnson to open up to them, and discover she has permanent friends in the digidestined, and in return, she will-

Lana: Don't you dare give away the ending! This is supposed to be a cliffhanger so that they will want to read the next book about Lana and Ze!

Ze: I noticed you put your name first. T_T

Lana: Oh FINE! So that they read the next story about ZE and Lana! Happy now!?

Ze: Very. Now say goodbye to the reader. We've talked enough.

Lana: *grumbles* See you later! Reviews or e-mails are greatly appreciated!