Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Real Me is Not the One You See ❯ Embarassment to the extreme! ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Eight

Just as Ze was about to scream out the last word of the attack, Matt and Garurumon burst through the woods, panting and wheezing. Matt didn't know what he was doing,as he jumped of Garurumon's back, and ran to Ze and Lana. "STOP!" He yelled, reached up, and pulled Lana off Ze, hoping to distract them. Lana gave a startled shriek, that made Ze jump, and caused Matt to lose his balance. "O.O; Uh, maybe that wasn't such a good idea, Matt." Garurumon said, looking at the two digidestined on the ground, Matt sitting on the ground, Lana sitting in his lap. Ze turned her head, saw the two sitting there in shock, blushes making both their faces bright red, and fell to the ground laughing her tail off. "Uh, hiya Lana! ^_^; Did ya catch Gargoyamon?" Matt said, in an overly cheerful voice. Oh God, she's gonna kill me. he thought, when to his suprise Lana jumped up, dusting herself off, and held out a hand to help Matt up. Ze was still laughing on the ground, when Lana, with unexpected strength, jerked Ze's head around so she was looking at her, and said in a low, deadly serious voice, "You didn't see ANYTHING, understand?" Ze looked at her evily, and jumped into the air, saying, "If you manage to get back before me, they MAY not find out." "Oh Gods. Garurumon, what are you just standing around for?! RUN!" Lana screamed, jumping on his back behind Matt. Secretly, Lana and Ze where glad to leave Gargoyamon and their disturbing sudden change in attitude behind.

"Curse that child!" the voice growled, eyes blazing red. "He ruined it again! I would have been farther along if he had not been around when Hydramon attacked!" the eyes looked thoughtful for a second, then darkened. "He'll have to be delt with, in the meantime..." a roar is heard from somewhere far off. The eyes glittered evilly, "I will send out another 'pet' for them to deal with."

Lana, Matt and Garurumon arrived back in camp, just in time to see Ze land and make a beeline for the others. Lana screamed in horror, and tackled her to the ground, using both hands to clamp her mouth shut. The others noticed this little wrestling match, and stared from the girls, to Matt and Garurumon, and back again. "What's going on?" asked Agumon. "Do we even want to KNOW what happened?" Tai asked. "No." Garurumon said flately. "I think Lana would murder you if you found out." Matt said, looking at the wrestling girls nervously. "If we found out, WHAT?" Jay growled. Mimi and her digimon looked at him, questioningly. "What happened?" Mimi asked, eyes glittering with mischief. Matt grimaced. He could just imagine what would happen if Mimi started teasing Lana about it, which he knew she would. "From the way they're acting, I'd have to say it was something between Lana and Matt." Izzy said, matter-of-factually, and Jay looked furious. "If you did anything to Lana, you're dead." Dang, he's too smart for his own good sometimes. Matt thought, shooting a glare at Izzy. Tai looked annoyed for some reason, and glared at Matt, saying, "What did you two do?!" "As you said earlier, do we even want to know?" asked Tentemon. "No! Nothing!" Matt said, making his voice sound innocent. "Yep, they definetly did something." Sora said darkly. "What?" asked TK, looking confused. "It was an accident!" Matt cried, exasperated. "If you don't tell us right now, I'm going to-" Jay started to threaten, but stopped when he saw that Lana and Ze had apparently reached an agreement, and were walking back towards the group. "What did you two do?!" Tai asked her angrily, when they reached the others. Lana rolled her eyes, and said calmly, "It's not that big of a deal. Matt was trying to pull me off Ze's back, but Ze made him lose his balance, and he fell down." "And she had the pleasure of landing somewhere soft, namely, his lap." Ze snickered. Lana fwacked her upside the head, slightly blushing. Jay looked like he was going to strangle Matt. Sora and Biyomon looked like they was trying not to laugh, Mimi looked slightly jealous, while her digimon was giggling, Joe looked embarrassed, Tai and Agumon just stared for a while, then busted up laughing, and Izzy said, "And he's still ALIVE? What, does he owe you money?!" looking amazed. Kari, Gatomon, Patamon, and TK, however, grinned, and TK asked innocently, "Does this mean Lana will be my sister-in-law?" Jay growled, Matt chocked back a shocked yell, looking slightly sick, and Lana burried her face in her hands, muttering a prayer, before looking up all the laughing digi-destined, and yelling, "KNOCK IT OFF YOU JERKS!!!" They all tried to stifle their laughs, afraid of what Lana might do to them, but it appeared that Tai and Agumon were out of control. Lana growled and pulled out a mallet, soundly hitting them both upside the head. Kari and Gatomon gave a slight suprised yell when she did this, but she assured them that they would both be up in about fifeteen minutes, but with a bad headache. "Now. As I was saying." Lana said, while kicking the two unconcious forms of Tai and Agumon to the side, "Gargoyamon is currently unconcious, and we need to get far away before he wakes up, with no more funny business, do you all understand?" They all nodded sheepishly, got on various digimon, and rode in the oppisite direction of Gargoyamon.

As Lana had predicted, Tai and Agumon woke up about a quarter of an hour later when they stopped to rest. "Uggghhh, what hit me?" Tai asked, holding his head. "Someone get the number of that truck." Agumon commented, stumbling around with a dazed look. Lana simply smirked and continued filling up the kids' water bottles. "I believe the number was, 1045-Don't Get Lana Mad." Ze said, stretching her wings after the flight. "Now I remember." said Tai, a grin forming on his face. "Do we need an encour?" Lana threatened, bringing her mallet back out. Tai quickly made his face somber and assured her that it would not happen again. "Alright, now that sleeping beauties here are awake, let's get moving. We don't want to risk Gargoyamon catching up with us." Lana said, and all the digi-destined got back on their digimon. Tai grumbled something about him being the leader, and Lana snorted, saying, "Fine. Lead the way." and pulled back, flying next to TK and Kari, with Jay bringing up the rear.

"Why don't you want to marry Matt, Lana?" TK asked innocently a while later. This caused Matt and Garurumon to face fault, and Lana and Ze to nearly fall out of the air. Matt looked back nervously to see if Jay had heard, and was relieved to see he was talking to Panthoramon. Patamon did a few loop-the-loops, and then said, "Yeah! Then you and TK would be brother and sister and you could see him all the time!" Lana burried her face in Ze's mane, praying for patience, then said calmly, "I'm only 12, I'd rather not have to make that kind of decision right now in my life." "In other words, you're not saying 'yes', but you're not saying 'no' either." Sora commented, who had been in front of them, riding Birdramon. "Aw man, get off my case, would you guys?" Lana cried, getting annoyed. "Less talk more distance back there!" Tai called back to them. We actually agree on something, Gogglehead. Lana thought in her mind.

As they set up camp for that night, Lana and Ze started to go towards the woods like they usually did, when Tai stopped them. "Sorry guys, but I think it would be a better idea if for tonight if we all stuck together." he said in a firm voice. Lana and Ze looked at eachother, a little nervously, but started to set up her sleeping bag remotely near the others. "Over here, Lana!" Kari called to her and Ze, waving her hand to the area next to her and Tai. Jay shot a look at Tai, who palled, and moved next to Joe and Izzy. Lana shot a look at Ze, who grinned, and gave her a push with her nose. Lana sighed, and laid her sleeping bag next to Kari's, who curled up by her side, and feel asleep. She was almost asleep, when she felt something snuggle into her other side. She looked down in suprise, and saw a sleepy TK, who said simply, "Good night." and fell asleep. Geez, boxed in on all sides but one. Lana thought with a giggle, because Ze had laid down at her head. She looked down at her feet, and thought sarcastically, I stand corrected. Patamon and Gatomon were curled up at the foot of her sleeping bag. Lana sighed. It's wierd, but it kinda feels alright having these guys beside me. She watched the stars for a bit, and then slowly feel asleep.

Lana woke up in the morning, and discovered she couldn't move. It took her a few minutes to figure out why, due to her drowzeness, but when she finally did, she decided to put up some ground rules for further 'slumber parties'. Sometime during the night, Patamon and Gatomon had sprawled themselves across her knees, and Kari was using her arm as a pillow. TK was hugging her other arm like a teddy bear, and Ze had opened one of her wings, which was now covering her entire torso. How in the flaming heck did I manage to sleep through THIS? She asked herself, and after five minutes, managed to wiggle loose without waking anyone up. Lana yawned, and went down to the stream to wash her face. "Rough night?" Mimi asked, a while later after she had woken up. Lana gave a huge yawn in reply. "Lana," she said seriously, "do you think Matt likes me?" Lana nearly choked on the water she had been drinking, and then thought about it. "Well, if he doesn't NOW," she said, an evil grin starting to form on her face, "We can 'convince' him to." Mimi looked a little suprised. "You mean you'd be willing to help me?" she asked in wonder. "Sure!" Lana said with that same evil grin. "He's a good friend, but who'd want to be known as Mrs. Ishida?" at the sound of the title, Lana wrinkled her nose. "I don't really plan on getting married. I'm going to go on adventures when I grow up, not become a house wife!" Lana exclaimed when Mimi looked at her suspiciously. "So how do you think we could do it?" Mimi asked, a slow grin forming on her face. "Do what?" a familiar voice asked suspiciously from behind them. "Oh hi Matt!" Lana said, thinking quick to try to cover up what they had just been talking about. "We were trying to determine how to get rid of my fear of flying." Mimi said causually. Wow Lana thought, looking at Mimi I didn't hink that she could think that fast. "Why don't you just try only going a little ways up, and then higher each time?" suggested Izzy, as he walked down and joined us. "Thanks, that might just help." Lana said with a smile. "Now that everyone is up, why don't we start moving?" Tai said, coming down to meet the already awake children, carefully avoiding Jay who had just woken up. Lana shot him a death glare, and cracked her knuckles. "O.o; Of course there's no hurry! We could rest for a while, then get moving later after everyone feels ready to move again!" Tai said in a rush. Lana gave him a sugary sweet smile, and said, "Why Tai! You must have read my mind!" "O.o; Lana smiling is scarier than Lana mad!" Izzy whispered to Matt. Especially when it's at Tai. Matt thought, cracking his knuckles. "Are the kids awake?" Matt asked loudly. Lana grimaced, and said, "Doubt it. They were sleeping like rocks the last time I saw them." "Nah, we're awake." Kari said sleepily, walking up with all of the rest of the group behind her. Ze walked down to the stream, and jumped in, splashing everyone with water. "I'll get you for that!" Lana laughed, and suddenly jumped in the water after Ze, dunking her head under water to wake herself up. She came up gasping and looking DEFINETLY wide awake. "Geez! That worked faster than coffee!" she sputtered, and then swam after Ze who had taken refuge in the very center of the stream. "Lana! ZE! Get out of there! You'll get sick!" Jay scolded from the bank. "Nah nah! Can't catch me!" Ze yelled, sticking out her tounge, and diving under the water like a duck. "You just wait until I get my hands on you!" Lana yelled, and dived after her. A little while later, Mimi was starting to get worried. "Shouldn't they have come up by now?" "With all the yelling Lana does, I betting she has a great set of lungs." Tai said sarcastically. "Ahem." said a familiar voice from behind them, and Tai turned white as a sheet. "I'd advise you guys to stay away from the water." Lana warned, pointing to the middle of the lake where bubbles where starting to rise, in what looked like a boil. "What is it?" Jay asked, moving in front of his cousin and gesturing for Panthoramon to guard Ze. Matt looked towards them, and for a second, thought he saw something on Lana's cheek, but she turned her face, and he forgot about it. The bubbles stopped after a while, and the digi-destined packed up quickly and left.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Lana: O.o; ......you made me land in his lap?

Ze: ^_^

Lana: .........Oh Apollo, Matt's gonna kill me- wait! What am I saying?! He's gonna kill YOU!

Ze: Who ME? You're the one who gave me permission!

Lana: Why you-! Grrrrr! CU next chapter! I got some buiseness to take care of! *pulls out a mallet and chases Ze out of the room*