Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Real Me is Not the One You See ❯ Uh oh... ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Seven

The next morning after everyone had woken up, the original digi-destined were talking about the phrophicey. This made Ze and Lana very impatiant, but Jay and Panthoramon were interested. "What's it say?" asked Jay, looking over Sora's shoulder. "Well, according to this part here," said Izzy, "We're going to be battling an evil digimon sometime soon." "Not another one!" Matt groaned. "Yeah right." snorted Ze. "That probably means this is going to be a slow day." scoffed Lana. "Well, you two may not believe it, but just in case, WE'RE going to be ready." said Tai, starting to discuss strategy with Izzy.

"Yeah right, you guys are just supersticious." Lana and Ze grumbled.

***BTW, I'm not supersticious either, but no offense to people who actually believe in that stuff***

Meanwhile...

"That fool. Hydramon couldn't even dispose of two girls. It is now your turn. Do not dissapoint me." said a voice from the shadows, and a pair of murderous, blood red eyes blinked, glowing in the dark. "I will not fail you master." said a shadowed shape, bowing. "Soon, my servant, it will be time." the voice said, and the darkness engulfed the eyes.

"Okay, anyone else know any songs?" "How about this one? This is a song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends-" "NO!!!!" all of the kids shouted at Gabumon. "You know, all this walking is getting old, what exactly are we looking for?" asked Lana. "We're looking for the 'evil' the profecy was talking about." responded Tai. Lana and Ze looked at eachother, and began to quietly sneak off in the other direction, but Jay grabbed Lana's arm, and asked, "And where do you think YOU'RE going ?" "Uh, to find a gas station?" suggested Ze. Lana quickly clapped a hand over Ze's mouth, and said, "We were just going to find some food Jay, we'll be back in a couple hours." "In that case, I'm coming to make sure you don't get 'lost'." Matt smirked. Lana grumbled a little bit, but finally hopped on Ze's back, and overed a hand to Matt. "If you're coming than hold on. We go awfully fast sometimes." "Just as long as you come BACK just as fast." Jay growled, looking at Matt suspiciously. "Don't worry Jay, I'll keep an eye on them." Gabumon said helpfully, and hopped on behind Matt. Why does that NOT make me feel any better? Jay asked himself, as the four kids ran off into the forest.

"Here's some, guys!" Lana called out to the other three, and reached up to grab some apples. "Toss 'em down here!" Ze called up to her, holding her wings so they formed a kind of bowl. "Heads up!" Lana called, and toosed down a couple of the tasty fruits. "Here, Matt! Catch!" and she tossed one to Matt, who neatly caught it, and took a bite. "That's enough Lana! Come on down!" Gabumon called up to her. "Alright!" Lana yelled back, and jumped down from the tree. "I think we should be getting back." Matt said firmly, or as firmly as you can while eating an apple. "Hold on, I think I see another tree!" Ze said loudly, and walked a little further into the forest. "No Ze, I guess he's right, let's go-" Lana started to say, but was cut off by a scream coming from the direction of all the others. "The guys!" Ze yelled, dropping the fruit. "Come on!" Lana cried, and jumped on Ze's back, pulling up Matt and Gabumon. With a loud whinney, Ze threw herself into the air, and flew as fast as she could back.

"What is THAT!?" Lana screamed, seeing the digimon attacking her friends. It looked like a gargoyal, with huge bat-like wings, a grey body, clawed hands, and needle sharp teeth. "That's Gargoyamon." Gabumon said shakily. "He lurks in dark caves in high mountins, often causing landslides and lots of damage with an attack called, 'Terra Shift'." "Wonderful. We've got to get him away from the others!" Lana groaned. "How about Lana and I distract him, while you two get the others away?" Ze suggested. "Alright, we'll drop you and Gabumon off in the edge of the forest, when you see your chance, get them all out of here. You might want to digivolve while you're down there buddy." Lana said, first looking at Matt, and then Gabumon. Matt and Gabumon nodded, looking determined, and wished them luck when they dropped them off in the forest.

"Don't get yourself killed. Jay would never forgive me." Matt said, with a small grin. "Good luck to you too." Lana chided, and jumped back on Ze's back. "Alright, let's go." Ze said through gritted teeth. Lana nodded, and flattened herself down on her friends back, so she could go faster.

"Hey Ugly! Pick on someone your own size!" Ze yelled, and dive bombed Gargoyamon. "What the heck do you think you're-" Jay started to yell, but was quickly cut off by Matt clamping his hand over his mouth. Gargoyamon looked up suprised, and ducked, then started chasing after them when they flew away. "Too fast for ya, Tubby?" Lana yelled at him, egging him on. Gargoyamon growled, and started flying with suprising speed. "This should be far enough, they must be to safety by now." Lana told Ze quietly. Ze nodded, and suddenly dived into the woods, dodging trees, and ducking under fallen logs. Gargoyamon chased them for a while, but then slammed into a large tree, knocking himself out. "Alright, let's go back." Lana advised, looking at the fallen figure of their foe. "Shouldn't we finish the job?" Ze snarled, looking at the creature who had dared threaten her friends, with a strange gleam in her eye. As if somehow connected to her friends emotions, Lana's face suddenly clouded over, and she nodded, with fury in her eyes. "Right. Attack, now!" Lana growled.

Meabwhile...

"Foolish wretches! Don't they know that I feed off their anger and hatred?" the cruel voice laughed, intensifying the spell he was using to bring their anger and hatred to the surface. "Every digimon I send them that they destroy in hatred only strengthens my power! A few more and I will be ready to attack!"

Back to Matt and the others...

"We're going to go help Lana and Ze." Matt said, jumping on Garurumon's back. "Bring her back in one peice Matt, or else." Jay said, but had a worried look in his eyes. "Tai, you stay and help protect the others, in case that thing comes back." Agumon said, seeing his friend wanted to go too. Tai growled, but nodded, and Matt and Garurumon ran towards where they had seen their two brave friends lead away Gargoyamon. Matt suddenly shivered, and at the same time Garurumon's fur bristled. "Something's wrong." Garurumon said, sounding worried. Matt nodded, agreeing, and yelled, "Hurry Garurumon, we have to get there in time!" In time for WHAT? Matt asked himself, wondering what was going on. "Hang on guys." Matt said softly, as he and Garurumon raced towards their friends, hoping with all their hearts that Lana and Ze were heading for them at the same time, the same girls that they had been before they had left.

With Lana and Ze.....

Lana and Ze looked down at Gargoyamon without mercy, their faces twisted with hatred, both of them inwardly struggling for control, against their sudden emotions. Elsewhere, a spell grew more powerful, along with it's user. "Hyper!......."

---------------------------------------------------------------- -

Lana: Whoa! What suspense! Er, sorry if it sounded a little violent in this chapter, I've been having some trouble with kids at school, and needed to write out my aggressions, ya know?

Ze: Oh don't bother them with that junk, besides, it's time to eat, let's go already!

Lana: I definetly need a new co-star...>.<

Ze: Don't forget, I get to write the next chapter! ^_^

Lana: Fine, fine, let's go, the pizza's getting cold. >.<