Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Real Me is Not the One You See ❯ Well waddaya know... ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Six

That night, Ze and Lana still weren't back. "Where are they?!" growled Jay. Matt and Gabumon traded looks, and stood up, saying, "We'll go find them." "No." Tai sighed. "You need to stay and look after TK, Agumon and I will go look." Matt glared at him, and said, "We saw them earlier today, they're probably still there. You don't get to do everything, Tai." And then he and Gabumon left. "Well isn't that ironic." Izzy commented. "What do ya mean?" asked TK. "Tell you when you're older." Sora said with a small smile, and patted him on the head.

"Alright, we're almost there." Matt said confidently. "I think you're right, I remeber that tree." Gabumon agreed. As they neared the clearing, they suddenly heard a yelling and screaming. Matt and Gabumon looked at eachother in shock, and burst out through the bushes into the clearing. Ze was flying over a small lake that was in the clearing, rearing and yelling at something. When Matt and Gabumon saw what, they froze in terror. It was what looked like a seven-headed, seven-tailed, sea serpent. "I've heard of him!" Gabumon gasped. "That's 'Hydramon'! He waits in water, waiting for people or digimon to wander into his hiding place, where he catches and eats them.!" "Look at its tail!" Matt yelled, with panic in his voice. In one of the things tails, held just above the water, was Lana, struggling with all her might. "One morrre for the rooaad." Hydramon said in an evil voice, and began snaking one of its many tails toward Ze. "Hey! Leave her alone, you over-grown garden snake!" Lana yelled, and pulled something out of her pocket. Matt saw a flash of steel, and Hydramon let out a scream, and quickly unwound its sliced tail from Lana, who quickly swam for the shore. "You'llll paaay for thatttttt!" It hissed, and lunged for Lana and Ze. "Not today! Hyper Tornado!" Ze yelled, jumping into the air, and flapping her wings like crazy. "I'll help!" Lana yelled, and light shot from her crest into the heart of the tornado, making it spin even faster. The tornado then swept over to Hydramon, picked him up into the air, and spun him around mercilissly. Hydramon roared in defiance, and broke free of the tornado, falling right towards Lana. "Lana! Watch out!" Matt yelled, and rammed into her, sending them both flying out of harms way. "Gabumon! Digivolve!" Matt yelled, helping Lana to sit up. "Gabumon, warp digivolve to... MetalGarurumon!" MetalGarurumon then used his 'Ice Wolf Spikes' attack on Hydramon, but Hydramon dodged. "Attack together!" Lana yelled at the two digimon, clenching her fists and saying a silent prayer that her plan would work. "Hyper Tornado!" "Ice Wolf Spikes!" the two digimon yelled, and while Hydramon was trapped in the tornado, MetalGarurumon attacked, and deleted Hydramon. "Yahoo! We did it!" Ze yelled, and zoomed towards the ground, barreling into Lana, and sending them both tumbling over the ground, laughing the whole way. Soon the others joined in the laughter, and MetalGarurumon de-digivolved back to Gabumon. "Call me crazy, but I DID NOT want to become a meal for some demented fish!" Lana said, wiping a tear from her eye. Matt laughed along with her, then said, "Come on, we better be getting back, our 'fearless leader' will be getting impatient." Lana snorted, and said "He may be YOUR leader bro, but he's not MINE." but followed Matt and Gabumon out of the clearing and back to the others. "Hey by the way, thanks for helping back there." Ze said cheerfully, and Lana thanked them too. "No problem!" Gabumon chirped, and Matt nodded modestly. "How did you guys find us? Did Tai follow us or something?" Lana asked suspiciously. Matt chuckled darkly, and said, "He probably would have if he had thought about it, but no. He didn't. Gabumon and I heard you guys earlier today, and followed the 'noise' to the clearing. We figured you'd still be there, so that was the first place we looked when you guys didn't come back." Lana shrugged, and shifted her backpack around. "Wanna ride? Walking's taking to long." Ze said in an impatient voice. They all agreed, and climbed on Ze back. Lana in front, Matt in the middle, and Gabumon in the back. "Hang on!" Ze cried, and with a swoop of her wings, lifted them all into the sky.

As the four kids landed in the camp, the entire area erupted in noise. "It took you long enough! Where have you been?!" yelled Jay and Panthoramon, glaring at Lana and Ze. "Matt! Lana! We missed you!" cried TK and Kari, waving, and running up with their digimon. "You guys don't look so good, have you been doing something dangerous?" asked Joe. "What happened to you guys? You're all icky and sweaty!" squelled Mimi. "We fought a digimon." explained Lana. "Was it a new kind?" asked Izzy. "Are you alright?" asked Sora, in a worried voice. "I didn't know you were afraid of flying, Matt." Tai causually commented. "Huh? What do you mean?" Matt said. "Well, you were holding Lana awfully tight, not to mention a little close." Tai smirked. Matt growled, "You better shut up, goggles-boy." "Or what?" Tai said, crossing his arms. "Leave Matt alone!" Lana snarled, balling up her fists, and stepping up to Tai. "He just helped Me and Ze get rid of some freaky digimon, so back off, or we'll be minus one guy with huge hair!" Mimi suddenly shrieked, and pointed to one leg of Lana's jeans. "What's THAT?" she asked. Lana looked down, and for the first time noticed she was bleeding. "Dang." she growled, and knelt down to get a better look. "Looks like Hydramon caused a little more damage than we thought." Matt said, looking at her leg. The cut went from six inches above Lana's knee, to halfway down her calf. "Let me help." Joe said, and in no time, had her leg bandaged up. "Well, looks like I have a new pair of shorts." Lana sighed, looking at her shredded pant legs. Ze started laughing, and soon everyone joined in, happy to have their new friend back in one piece. "Good thing it's hot." Sora grinned, and took out a pair of scissors. "No kidding, or I may have used these as part of the fire." Lana grinned back, and carefully cut away at the places where Hydramon's tail spikes had ripped her pants. After she was done, she took several long strips of her former jeans, and braided them into Ze's mane. "Blue looks good on you!" She laughed, and hugged her friend. "I prefer pink myself." Mimi pouted. After that they all laughed some more, then doused the fire and went to sleep. Nice to hear laughing instead of fighting. Sora thought with a smile, just before she drifted into her own dreams.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Lana: They became friends. O.o; My Gosh.

Ze: Oh don't act so suprised, you wrote the thing!

Lana: *hits her over the head with a mallet* I just trying to write from a reader's point of view! You keep your mouth shut!

Ze: Well I'm sorry, but you made me seem weak! You should have let me take on Hydramon on my own! I didn't need any help! *rubs sore head*

Lana: *cough* Well I had to get Matt to become friends with my charecter somehow!

Ze: I'm writing the next chapter. *pouts*

Lana: I'll let you write chapter eight, how about that?

Ze: Alright! ^_^