Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Real Me is Not the One You See ❯ No One's All Bad... ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Five

"So what do you guys usually do all day?" asked Jay, as we walked through the woods, chatting. I tuned out to the convo going on between the others and Jay. I knew what we did every day, and it wasn't much to talk about. "Lana? Are there more digidestined?" TK asked me as we walked along. "Sure!" I told him. "And more digimon?" said Patamon. I laughed, "Of course!" "Are there any more kids like us?" Kari demanded, looking excited. Ze leaned over and nuzzeled her shoulder. "Sorry Kari. You guys are the youngest ones we've seen." she said. Kari looked disapointed, and sighed. "Don't worry about it, Kari." said Gatomon, putting a comforting paw on her hand. "Okay guys! We found a river! Let's refill our canteens!" Tai called to us. "Hey Jay, what did you tell Tammy and Neb?" I asked causually, and we refilled our water supplies. "I told them you went on a quest to save Camelot, and now they insisit on calling you "Kayley"." he joked. "Come on, seriously." I said. Jay shrugged. "I told them you went camping with Thomas and Emily." "They're friends from school." I told Sora, who was looking confused. "Are THEY digi-destined too?" Matt grumbled. Jay looked suprised he would even ask, and answered, "Of course! And let me tell you, two boys to four girls ain't fair. Didn't Lana tell you about the rest of the gang?" "No." Matt growled. "So there are four more digi-destined we don't know about?" he asked as he glared at me. I looked at him, and answered coldly, "You know, MAYBE if you were nicer, I would have told you about the rest of my friends." "Can't you two stop fighting for TWO seconds? Please?" Agumon groaned, covering his ears. "I have calculated that the ONLY time they stop fighting is when they sleep." Tentomon said in a tired voice. Biyomon sighed, and said, "Those two fight more than Matt and Tai on a bad hair day." "Want me to keep them apart with 'Poison Ivy'?" asked Palmon sarcastically. "Might have to keep ME away from THEM if they keep on fighting." said Gomamon. Panthoromon looked at them in surprise, and said, "You think THIS is bad? You should have seen the time Jay took Ze's book about "Fighting Techniques" and used it as fuel for the fire. You mess with Ze, you mess with Lana, and when BOTH of them get mad, well, let's just say Jay and Lana got in trouble for disturbing the peace, and Ze and I had to cover for them at the house." Jay winced, and looked at Lana and Ze nervously as they both shoot him death glares. "You know," Sora commented, "with Jay here, it may decrease Matt and Lana's fighting." "Yeah." Biyomon said cheerfully. "She'll be fighting Jay and ignoring Matt!" Matt shot a quick glare at Jay. He didn't like Lana (At least that's what he told himself ^_~), but fighting her had made the time on the road seem shorter. Also had given him something to do in his spare time. "You okay, Matt?" Gabumon asked Matt. "Fine. I'm going for a walk." He snapped, and stalked back towards the path. They all watched him go, and Tai sighed. "Someone ought to go after him to make sure he doesn't get in trouble." he said. "Thanks for volunteering. See you in a while!" Lana and Ze said at the same time. Agumon smaked his head, and groaned, "Nice going Tai." "Why don't we let him go by himself for a while? He can take care of himself. Besides, Gabumon's with him." Sora said. "I guess...." said Tai, but looking doubtful. "Well, in that case, me and Ze are going to have some time to ourselves too. See you guys later!" Lana announced, jumped on Ze's back, and the then the two of them rode off into the thicker part of the forest. "Hey wait up!" TK called, and began following them. "Hey, why don't you stay with us for a while TK? Let the girls have some time to themselves." suggested Joe. "Alriiight." TK sighed, and turned back to the group.

Meanwhile in the Forest...

What's that girl's problem? She should have told us about those other digi-destined! Matt thought angrily as he walked through the forest, hands jammed in his pockets. "Uhh, Matt, aren't you obssesing just a little about her not telling us? I mean, now we know, shouldn't we just drop it?" asked Gabumon tentively. Matt opened his mouth to retort, when he began to hear the strangest thing. It sounded like someone had turned on a CD, and was belting it out along with it. Actually, it sounded like TWO someones! And the voices were awful familier... Matt and Gabumon looked at eachother, and in silent agreement, followed the sound of the music. The music kept on getting louder and louder, and when they came to the edge o a clearing, they saw it was Ze and Lana, dancing and singing along with a CD player that was sitting on the ground. Matt had never seen her smiling so much. The song ended, and Lana jumped up, saying, "I'd like to dedicate this next song to my friends the 'Digi-destined'!" "ALL of them?" Ze asked, with doubt in her voice, and Matt had no trouble guessing who she was talking about. Lana looked like she was thinking, then she grinned, and said, "Heck. Why not? Yes, all of them." And then the song started playing.

Change a Heart, Change the World

Every dreamer has dreamed of a perfect life

I know the world has been trying for years to get it right

We try and try, but find it impossible to do

Don't you wish we could make this a better place

Can't you see that we must live life a different way

Every day, imagine what love could turn this to

Wanna change the world then change your mind

We'll light the darkness one life at a time

When we change a heart

We change the world

A spark of love can turn into a fire bright as the sun

If you change a heart today

Then that can change a million tomorrows

What started as a whisper will echo on and on

When we change a heart

We change the world

A voice is waking a heart to the light of day

A tiny flicker of hope can push the night away

It's safe to say a caring heart brings another back

Can you fathom a world where we open up

Can you picture the day we've all been dreaming of

Live and love like right now is all we really have

Wanna change the world, then change your mind

We'll find forever, one day at a time

When we change a heart

We change the world

A spark of love can turn into a fire bright as the sun

If you change a heart today

Then that can change a million tomorrows

What started as a whisper will echo on and on

When we change a heart

We change the world

You may think it's crazy

But that's alright with me

It's gonna take some time to find the way

But I believe...

By the time the song was over, the sun was going down. "We better be getting back Matt..." said Gabumon, reluctantly. "Yeah..." Matt said, but didn't take his eyes off the girl standing in the clearing. "Come on Matt." Gabumon said firmly, giving him a littl push towards the area were the rest of the digi-destined were. Matt let himself be led away, but the words in that song were still echoing in his head. Maybe Sora was right. He thought, but then another voice said, One song doesn't change anything. Don't let your guard down. Matt decided to listen to the second voice, and walked on, putting the scene he had just seen out of his mind.

---------------------------------------------------------

Lana: Hello everyone! That song was written by Jump5, just so you know. I do not take credit for it.

Ze: You're making Matt sound like a jerk.

Lana: I don't like him that much. ^_^;

Ze: Stop lying.

Lana: He's a conceited blond! What's there to like?! (No offense to Matt fans) I thought we agreed this was going to be a Lanaishiro fic?!

Ze: Tell the truth.

Lana: OKAY! SO I THINK HE'S HOT! THAT'S JUST HIS PERSONALITY FOR THIS FIC FOR A WHILE, OKAY?!

Ze: Okay. Please read and review fans!