Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Voice of the Empress ❯ Episode 2: Enter Flamedramon ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own digimon or it's character. But I do own the digimon that I do make up in this story.

“Episode 2: Enter Flamedramon

In a dark space, the crests spin around and go into the light in the middle. The Crest of Courage and Friendship appears first. Followed by Love, Knowledge, Reliability, Sincerity, Light, and Hope. Three more crest follow the original eight. A dark pink rose like flower, the Crest of Kindness, twin yellow swords crossing each other, the Crest of Loyalty, and finally a green shield with wings, the Crest of Protection. 




As the crests enter the light the number 02 spins on the screen. A rainbow of color appears behind it, revealing Digimon Adventures 02. 




In a background filled with Digi-Code, Daisuke appears in his usual flame jacket, burgundy shorts, and goggles. A shadow spins around, as it gets closer to him. When it hits him a light appears around him as he goes flying off the screen. 




Shadows appear around the rest of his team and they too fly off the screen. Miyako is wearing an orange helmet, yellow vest, and red pants. Iori is wearing a beige long sleeve shirt with purple pants. Takeru is wearing a yellow and green shirt, grey shorts, and a white hat. Hikari is wearing a pink and white shirt; yellow shorts, and has a camera around her neck.




Ken appears in a purple shirt and blue jeans. Her navy blue hair is tied into a ponytail. Ryo is next her. He is wearing a blue shirt and green army pants. Ryo and Ken are holding hands as they jump in the air with their partners, Wormmon and Monodramon, and landed in Primary Village with the baby digimon, playing soccer with them.




Dark Towers appear on the screen. A Devidramon is seen flying with an unknown boy on top of his head. Followed by other evil digimon.




V-mon, Hawkmon, and Armadillomon heads appear.




A world globe spins around. This globe separates into two spinning globes and moves to be side by side of each other.




A younger Ken and Ryo are seen in a desert fighting Millenniummon. Paildramon and Wizarmon are attacking Millenniummon.




The camera rolls over the Chosen Children. Taichi and Daisuke are next to each other. Miyako is next to Daisuke. Yamato is behind Taichi and Sora is next to Yamato. Next to Sora are Mimi and Koushiro. Next to Miyako are Iori and Takeru. Joe is next to Koushiro and Hikari is next Takeru. 




Ken is seen in a cave with Ryo. On a pedestal there is a pink egg that looks like a rose with the Crest of Kindness on it. Stingmon and Cyberdramon are standing behind them.




A Digi-Port opens on a computer followed by a D-Terminal opening up to reveal an egg. Different color lights leave the D-Terminal and go into a blue D-3. Light comes out of the D-3. 




V-mon, Armadillomon, Hawkmon, Patamon, Tailmon, and Wormmon fly into the light. 




In a fire background, Flamedramon appears in a fighting stance. In a purple, blue, and green bubble background, Shurimon appears with his shrunkens out. In a stone background, Digmon appears in a fighting stands with his drill out. In a blue background, Pegasusmon appears galloping in the air. In a pink and yellow background, Nefertimon appears. In a background that looks like an ocean, Submarimon appears. In a sky background, Halsemon appears in a mid flight position. In a lightning background, Raidramon appears. In a sparkly dark pink background, Pucchiemon appears and his pink finger is glowing as he points to the side. 




Monodramon jumps up in the air in a dark blue background. Behind him is his Champion and Ultimate forms: Strikedramon and Cyberdramon. 




Impmon comes spinning around in a green background. His Champion form, Wizarmon, and a shadow of his Ultimate form appears behind him.




Flamedramon throws fireball before his body is engulfed in flames. He jumps into the airs and is suddenly surrounded my light. He reverts back to V-mon and then evolves into Raidramon.




Shurimon is in a forest spinning and flying among the trees. After passing a tree Hawkmon is seen flying out of the trees and into the sky. Halsemon is now seen flying in the sky and is spinning around.




Digmon comes out from the ground and jumps into the sky. He releases his drills before turning back into Armadillomon. Armadillomon dives into the water and becomes Submarimon.




Pegasusmon swoops from the air and releases a shower of stars. Nefertimon flies into release with stones from her neck.




A close up of Daisuke riding Raidramon is shown. Halsemon flies into the air with Miyako on his back. Pegasusmon and Nefertimon fly in with Takeru and Hikari on their backs. Submarimon surfaces from the ocean with Iori inside him.




A face of Osamu appears and floats away as the image of the Digimon Emperor appears with the Dark Towers behind him. In the background a white hair women and a man in a blue coat his watching him.




In a field filled with Dark Towers, Ken and Ryo have their digivices up. Ken's violet D-3 and crest glows, while Ryo swipes a blue card into his white, and blue D-Power. JewelBeemon and Cyberdramon jump into the air and attack four DarkTyrannomon.




Flamedramon jumps into the air as a beam of orange light appears. Shurimon and Digmon jumps into the air when beams of green and yellow appear. Angemon and Angewomon fly into the air as light green and pink beams appear. JewelBeemon and Cyberdramon fly into the air as dark pink and golden beams appear into the air.




A close up of Daisuke running appears. Ryo, Cody and Takeru are on his left, while Ken, Miyako, and Hikari on his right. All the Digimon in their Rookie forms, except Tailmon, are running in front of them.

A group picture of Angewomon, Stingmon, Shurimon, Flamedramon, Digmon, Cyberdramon, and Angemon appears in front of a blue and green background. The image changes to a red and green background with Nefertimon, Pucchiemon, Halsemon, Raidramon, Submarimon, and Pegasusmon. Finally, in a blue and grey sparkly background are Tailmon, Hawkmon, Wormmon, Monodramon, Armadillomon, and Patamon, who are in front of their partners. Behind the children are Angewomon, Stingmon, Shurimon, Flamedramon, Digmon, Cyberdramon, Angemon, Nefertimon, Pucchiemon, Halsemon, Raidramon, Submarimon, and Pegasusmon.

888

Digital World - Forest

“Run! It's the Digimon Emperor!” Dark Rings fly around as a grey digimon tries to avoid being enslaved by the Digimon Emperor.

The Digimon Emperor laughs as he watches the digimon run from him like ants. That's all they were to him. None of them were at the level or had the mind set for peace and order. But he did. He was going to make sure she was never hurt again.

“We need them!” Another digimon said before he was ringed.

“We need the Chosen!” A Gotsumon said as he fell to the ground.

“We need the Tamers!” A Unimon screeched before being ringed.

Tailmon runs as the Digimon Emperor sends more Dark rings. Tailmon's Holy Ring glowed as the Dark Ring comes nears. She hit the Dark ring rendering it useless. “That was close.” She said as she looked at her Holy Ring. The sound of hooves got her attention. Tailmon looked behind her to see a controlled Unimon.

“Aerial Attack!” The controlled Unimon fired a burst of energy from its mouth directly at her.

Odaiba, Japan

“Slow down Ken!” A young teenage male with spiky brown hair and brown eyes called his friend as they got off the train. He was wearing army style pants, and a blue shirt. On his belt the teenage had his D-Power and Digimon Cards. The young man was walking with a young female with amethyst color eyes and navy blue hair. The preteen had her shoulder length haired tied into a ponytail. She was wearing a purple shirt and light blue jeans.

Ken Ichijouji smiles at her friend and fellow Tamer. It had been three years since their adventures against Millenniummon. A lot has change since that time. After the D-1 Tournament her and Ryo had gotten pretty close. He was like literally a member of the family. During that time Ryo, finally, met his partner and receive his own digivice. Ryo now owns a blue and white D-Power. Unlike her D-3, Ryo's D-Power is used in battle by using Digimon: Digital Monsters Cards. Ironically, these cards can only be bought in Shinjuku. It wasn't a big surprise when Ryo entered a Digimon Tournament, one summer, and won it, being named the Digimon King.

Ken remembered when she met Monodramon. He was a very funny digimon and a quick learner too. He reminded her of V-mon. Ken wondered what happened to him after he went with Gennai. Ryo was worried of course, but he just assumed that he is probably with his partner. That made sense. Hopefully, they would see their old friend again. Though they still had Impmon and Wormmon.

Impmon and Wormmon had become like brothers. Despite the rift that was happening between her and her brother. Ken lowered her eyes a bit. Over the years Sam has been distant lately. He was becoming meaner. Ken could feel this dark aura around him. She didn't like it. She feared that something terrible was happening to her older brother. It wasn't like her parents noticed though.

Somehow, Sam had gotten smarter and has been spending more time in his room. He was working on his schoolwork for long hours and had gotten even more awards and recognition. Her parents are now even more wrapped up in their `perfect son'. Ken wonders if they even realize that they have forgotten, yet again, about their mute daughter. Ken had given up long ago to gain their recognition. Ken rarely spends time at home. On the weekdays Ken would spend her time at Ryo place. Ryo's parents adored her and even offered for her to stay with them a year ago and even talk about Ryo's younger days, much to Ryo's embarrassment.

When she's at Ryo's they either play videogames, which she wins at, go to the Digital World, or practice talking. Ryo had even gotten some articles on helping her form words with the sounds that she is able to make. Ken at one point almost made a word, almost. She was able to make a letter but it didn't form a word. She would sometimes get so frustrated that she would cry. But Ryo was always there to help her. He often said she would get it one day.

Before she started temporarily living with them, at the end of each day Ryo would take her home. Every time she enters she would find her brother waiting for her in the living room. It was disturbing that this familiar aura was always surrounding him. Sam would ask her every time what she did with Ryo. When she tells him she almost made a word, the aura will disappear slightly. In that moment her older brother, the one that she adored and always took care of her, would be there. His eyes would sparkle as he says, “That's good, Ken-chan. Just keep practicing and one day I hope I'll get to hear you say my name for the first time.” She would smile brightly at him. In that moment her brother was back, until her parents come out of their room. Sadly, the aura would come when they asked what they were doing. Sam would simple say that they were talking before he motions her to go to her room. They never notice that she wasn't there.

However, after that incident in the Digital World Ryo's parents offered for her to live with them until this whole matter was solved. It wasn't surprising that her parents agreed without a fight or question. Maybe it was for the best though. Her brother was becoming irrational. She wasn't afraid of what he might do to her though. He had slapped her once, which ended with Ryo cursing him out and dragging her to his house. Despite that day, she did not fear him. She was afraid for him.

“No!” Ken blinked as she and Ryo came to the schools soccer field. Ken looked up to a boy with maroon hair and brown eyes, and another boy with blonde hair and blue eyes. The maroon hair boy was wearing goggles, a black shirt, and brown shorts, while the blonde was wearing a yellow and green shirt, grey shorts, and a white hat. She tilted her head a bit as the blonde caught the soccer ball when the goggle head made a major error in distance and speed and almost fell on the ground when the ball bounced.

“That kid needs more self-control,” Ryo muttered under his breath. Ken shrugged her shoulders. The boy did seem to have a passion for soccer, much like she did, but with a little control, who knows what he could do. “Come on, we need to get you checked in.” Ryo said as he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the building. Ken rolled her eyes. He is just as bad as Sam.

Ken and Ryo walked into the building and went towards the main office. The principal welcomed them to the school and hopes Ken considers attending the school after the exchange program is over. Ken smiles and signs “thank you.” The principal nods and gives them a schedule. Ryo was given a pass saying that he was her interpreter for the exchanged program. With another thanks they left his office. As they were leaving Ken saw the blonde again waiting for his schedule. He smiles at her.

“Hi. I'm Takaishi Takeru and I'm in 5-A. What's your name?” Ken smiles warmly at him before signing.

“Hi, I'm Ichjiouji Ken. I'm in 5-A as well.” Ryo paused for a moment as Ken then points to him before her fingers went back to moving gracefully in front of her. “This is my friend Akiyama Ryo. It's very nice to meet you.” Takeru continues to smile at Ken, but she did notice the look Ryo was sending the young blonde. She was going to ask him about it later.

“It's very nice to meet you both. Do you want to walk together to the classroom?” Ken nods before they all walk out of the main office. Takeru made small talk and threw in some jokes. Ken made small laughing sounds, making him look at her. “You're mute?”

“Of course she's mute!” Ryo growled protectively. “Why you think I'm here for?”

Takeru was taken a back by his tone and glanced at him in confusion. “I'm sorry. Didn't mean to sound rude. I just wasn't sure if you were mute or deaf.” Ken waves his apology away. She was used to it. At least he didn't give her disgusted looks or walk away from her. She smiles at him, which seemed to give Takeru the message that it was fine.

“You are too kind and forgiving, Ken-chan.” Ryo said as he glares at the blonde. Ken sighs and signs to him that it was fine and to cool it before he makes a tear in the Digital World. Ryo rolls his eyes at her.

Takeru watched them as Ken quickly made varies hand gestures in front of her. He wasn't sure what she was saying to her friend though. It must be rough not being able to talk and having someone to translate everything for you. Takeru thought she was a nice girl. In a way she reminded him of Hikari, Sora, and Joe put together. Takeru would love to be friends with the mute girl. Takeru wondered how hard it would be to learn sign language.

Odaiba Elementary School: Class 5-A

“Hey Hikari-chan! What luck, we are in the same class again this year.”

Hikari turned from her bag to smile at Daisuke who was coming in. “I wouldn't call that luck.” Hikari says as she sits down.

“The craziest thing just happened. This new kid said I reminded him of someone. Probably thinks I'm a movie star or something.” Hikari gave him a look of confusion. Daisuke may be popular in soccer, but he is nowhere as good as her brother or those professional or even at the same level as that soccer prodigy girl from Tamachi.

Digital World - Forest

A purple dragon digimon watches as an Agumon falls to the ground. He had barely missed the Dark Ring that was coming near him. The Emperor's Dark Rings never went near him or his other two friends. When he thought it was going to touch him, he was surprised to see it fly around him and then go to a different target. The purple dragon digimon wasn't sure why that was, but he believed that his partner's friend was not totally gone. The Dark Spore may have not totally taken over yet. There was still hope.

Ryo! Please help!

“Tai, help! TAI!”

Odaiba Middle School

A boy with wild brown hair, brown eye, and wearing a green Odaiba Middle School uniform looks up from his book as he heard his partner's voice.

He looks down when his digivice starts beeping. A distress message appears on the digivice.

“Huh?”

Odaiba Elementary School: Class 5-A

Hikari listens as the teacher introduces himself and welcomes them to a new year. She smiles as Daisuke says that he rather be in soccer practice.

“I will like you to welcome two new students.” Hikari watches as three students walk into the room. She smiled when she saw her best friend. Next to him was a pretty girl with navy blue hair and with the most unique color eyes. Next to her was a teenager with spiky hair. Hikari eyes widen when she took in his appearance. For some reason he looked very familiar, but that wasn't what surprised her. What surprised her was the odd looking digivice on his belt. A new Chosen Child. Is the Digital World in trouble again?

The teacher looks at the three children as they line up next to each other. “Please introduce yourself to the class.”

“It's nice to meet you. My name is Takaishi Takeru. I like baseball and lovemaking new friends.”

“Hey it's that kid,” Hikari hears Daisuke mumble softly.

“Thank you Mr. Takaishi. Please take a seat next to the girl with the camera around her neck.” Hikari smiles as Takeru takes a seat next to her. She noticed Daisuke's expression when Takeru smiles at her.

“Together again.”

“Yeah. Just like old times.” Hikari says. She smiles at him before returning her gaze to the new girl.

The room was quiet as the girl smiles warmly at them. Hikari felt a familiar presence from her. It was the same feeling she got when she was near another Chosen. Hikari watched in silences as the navy hair girls makes a variety of hand gestures.

“Hello,” the spiky hair boy translates. “My name is Ichijouji Ken.” Whispers of awe traveled around the room about one of Tamachi's prodigies being at the school. “It's very nice to meet all of you. I'm the captain at my school in Tamachi, love videogames, and I'm the lead musician for the music department for my school. I might only be here for a week for the exchange program, but I hope we can become great friends.” Ken finished signing and pointed to the boy next to her and poked him.

Hikari couldn't help but smile at the interaction between the two. She had a feeling that the two were best friends. “Hi. I'm Akiyama Ryo. I'm Ken-chan's best friend and translator. I too love soccer. I try to beat Ken-chan in videogames, but it doesn't work out.” Ryo said sheepishly. Ken pokes him again and signs to him. “That not true Ken-chan! I've never beaten you once.” Ken rolled her eyes again and then signed again. However, Ryo didn't reply since the teacher spoke up again.

“Thank you Miss. Ichijouji and Mr. Akiyama. Please take a seat behind the boy with the goggles.”

Daisuke watched as the captain of Tamachi's soccer team and her friend walked to the empty seats behind him. Daisuke made a mental note to talk to her and to see if she wanted to play soccer later. Daisuke would be stupid if he didn't admit that she was cute. He didn't think there was anyone cuter or have such a kind and friendly soul around him or her, other then Hikari. Yeah! He was so going to ask her later. Much later.

Daisuke glanced at Hikari when he noticed that she was laughing. “Our teacher looks like Ogremon.” Daisuke frowned. Who was he talking about? And why is he trying to take my girl?

Digital World - Forest

A green caterpillar hides behind a bush as the Emperor sends more Dark Rings and controlled digimon after the others. The caterpillar watches as a Tentomon, Patamon, and Biyomon runs away. He looks up in fear as the three are chased by a Snimon.

“Hurry,” the Tentomon yells to his friends. “Don't let Snimon catch us! This prying mantis digimon can cut through anything with his twin sickle attack!”

“Twin Sickle!” The group of digimon barely moved in time when the digimon launched two pink beams from its sickles. The caterpillar watched in horror as Biyomon and Tentomon got hit with the attack. However, he couldn't see where the Patamon went. He must be hiding.

The caterpillar leaves his hiding place and crawls up the tree to look for his friend. For some reason the Dark Rings don't touch him. He was glad for that. His partner would go above and beyond to save him and maybe even start a war similar to the one they fought in the past.

When the caterpillar got to the top branch, which was still covered in leaves, he saw an Agumon on the ground. He was surprised to see one of the Chosen. He was Yagami Taichi, leader of the Chosen Children. The caterpillar wondered how he was able to get in. Only his partner and Ryo were able to access a Digital Gate, though his partner hadn't had a chance to help the digimon of this side of the Digital World. She and Ryo were busy in a different part of Server though. Ken wanted to map out the area and get a general idea on the damaged cause by the Emperor. Ryo also wanted to make sure she was protected since the Emperor wants her to stay with him at the base.

They all managed to stop that though. In fact they ended up ruining his first base and freed a bunch of the digimon under his control. The digimon were very grateful and helped them in return when they need assistance. The digimon respected the Tamers and did everything they could to help. The stories of the Tamers are very well known. He was glad for that. The digimon were more accepting in helping the Tag Tamers without question then the Chosen for some reason.

“Agumon! Are you okay?”

The caterpillar wondered why though. After the battle with the Dark Masters the Chosen were heroes. However, they were captured by Millenniummon. His partner, along with Ryo and Sam were called in. They were called the Tag Tamers. Once they defeated the evil god multiple times, they never stop coming to the Digital World. But then the Digimon Emperor came to the Digital World. Ken, Ryo and the digimon weren't sure what to do. He kept preaching that he came to restore peace and order. For the first two months he built the Dark Towers and a base. However, when he started hunting digimon that's when Ken and Ryo fought back. Ken had gotten captured at one point, but the digimon in the area saved her before they got ringed.

“Tai, you're here!”

“You need to digivolve!” Taichi raised his digivice and was surprised that it was not working. The caterpillar frowned. So the Chosen's digimon can't evolve. This is bad. The caterpillar sighed in relief when he spotted his friend. He crawled down the tree and made his way to him.

“That's why I need your help Tai. I can't digivolve.”

“Did you forget how?” The caterpillar rolled his eyes at that as he entered the bush that his friend was hiding in.

“I can't Tai!” He sighed in relief when he found Monodramon. Monodramon smiled at him.

“Hey, Wormmon. You alright?”

“Yeah,” Wormmon answered. “Looks like the Chosen's digivices are affected by the Emperor's Black D-3.”

“Looks that way. What about the other Chosen digimon?”

“Biyomon, Tentomon, and Patamon got attacked by a Snimon.” Monodramon looked troubled.

“Can you see where the Snimon is now? We need to inform Ken and Ryo about this ASAP.”

“I'll check.” Wormmon crawled up the tree to the top again. He gasped when he saw Snimon attacking again. This time he was attacking Tailmon. She was running from him and Taichi and Agumon were running in her direction.

“Move your tails!” Wormmon heard her say as she ran in another direction. Wormmon crawls down the tree again and lands in front of his friend.

“The Snimon is chasing Tailmon, Taichi, and Agumon. They are running towards the Cave of Courage.”

Monodramon looked shock for several minutes before smiling. “Well looks like we will be getting help after all. I was wondering when the Chosen would get involved.” Wormmon nodded. “Come on. Let's call Ryo and Ken. I'm sure Ken will love to know about these turn of events.” Wormmon smiled at the mention of his partner.

“Are we going to start looking for mine now?” Wormmon asked.

Monodramon smiled. “I think we need to now, in addition to getting more powerful card for me.”

Digital World - Cave

Taichi looked at his D-Terminal and looked for his sister's name. “We are going to need more help. I better contact the others.”

Odaiba Elementary School: Computer Room

A girl with purple hair and glasses was on the computer when a weird message appeared on the screen. She read the message and was baffled because of it.

“Come to the Digital World right away. The Digimon need our help.” She blinked. “This must be a link to an online game or something.” She said to herself. Curious, she decided to see who sent it. “Let's see who sent it.” She looked at the email address. “Yagami Taichi.” She frowned. How is this? She looked at the last name and then remembered that a girl in fifth grade has the same last name.

Odaiba Elementary School: Lockers

Ken signed to her friend about how he acted around the other Chosen earlier that day. Ryo grunted at her.

“Ken-chan, you know what they did. I can't trust them again.” Ken frowned at that response. “I'm sorry, but they betrayed my trust. Maybe in time I'll give them a chance. I'm happy just having you, Sam, and our partners. You guys are my team, my family, my loyalties are with our team.” Ken felt touched that he saw her as his family. She felt the same way. However, they should still help them when the Chosen find a way into the Digital World. Ryo sighed again. “If it makes you happy, we will help them when they need it. However, as of now I will not interact with them and don't expect me to be nice and friendly with them either.”

Ken nodded, but she didn't like that answer. She closed her temporary locker and put her stuff in her bag. She froze when her digivice began to blink. She looked at Ryo to see that he took his out. He pressed a button and a message from their partners appeared.

Ken's frown deepened. The Emperor is attacking the forest and some of the Chosen digimon have been attacked. She read the rest of the report and stops when she read Wormmon's half of the message. Wormmon said that Yagami Taichi entered the Cave of Courage. He said that possibly new Chosen are going to be picked. She also said that they are going to need more power to battle the Emperor. They are going to need to find the Digi-Egg of Kindness and are going to need those cards that Ryo was talking about before.

Ken looked at Ryo and saw a grim look on his face. She swallowed a rising fear. Things are getting bad. They need to work with the Chosen and need to find these new powers. She feared that the Dark Spore was working over time. She hopes they would save him in time.

“Ken-chan?” She looked at her friend. Ryo eyes were darkened in worry. “I believe there's a computer lab near here. You can open a gate through there.” Ken nodded before they left their lockers.

Ryo walked down the hall and made his way to the computer room. He saw a girl with purple hair running out of the computer room as he and Ken enter. He paid little mind to her though since Ken run up to the computer. Ken pointed to the computer that had a message on it. Ryo growled in annoyance as he read it.

“How in the DigiWorld did Yagami-san get into the Digital World? He doesn't have a D-3 or D-Power, nor does he have his crest.” Ryo growled. Ken shrugged her shoulders. She pulled her D-3 towards the screen. Her D-3 glowed as the Digital Gate appeared. The red light turned green when it registered her digivice.

After Ken mouthed `Digi-port, Open!' light engulfed the both of them. Unfortunately for them a student with red hair, wearing the Odaiba Middle School uniform saw them going through the gate.

Odaiba Elementary School - Else Where

“So Tk, how is your mom liking the new apartment?” Hikari asked Takeru as he grabbed his things from his cubby.

“She hasn't seen it yet. She's been on the computer the whole time.”

“Hey buddy.” Takeru looked behind Hikari to see a boy with goggles that was very similar to Taichi's.

Hikari places her hands on her hips as she glares at him. “His name is not Buddy, it's Takeru-kun.”

Daisuke eyes blazed in anger. “Whatever! How do you know Hikari-chan?”

Takeru looked at him in confusion. “How do I know her?” Takeru's confusion quickly left when he realized that the guy was jealous. Takeru simply laughed it off, which just made the soccer player madder. Before he could comment further a girl with purple hair walked in. He smiles at her. “Hi, Miyako.”

Miyako waves at Takeru, as she appears in front of Hikari. “Hi, you're Yagami Hikari, right?”

“Yeah, that right. Why you ask?” Miyako smiles as she opened up the paper in her hand.

“Well, are you related to Yagami Taichi? He left you this email?”

Hikari looks at the email and her eyes widen. “My brother needs us.” Hikari looks at Takeru. They both nodded and asked Miyako her to take them to where she got the message. Miyako agreed and took them.

On the way they meet up with Koushiro. He asked that he needed to use the computer right away. Takeru watched as Miyako got all excited as she clapped her hands together.

“Hey Koushiro-kun!” Takeru greeted his old friend.

Hikari opened up the email and showed it to him. “Tai-kun sent us an urgent email.”

“Yeah I know,” Koushiro replied. “I got one too.” Miyako looked at him in confusion as Koushiro walked towards the computer room. Koushiro's eyes widen in shock as he saw two kids surrounded in light and then enter through a Digital Gate. He rushed to the computer in hopes of finding out where they went, but was stumped to see that the gate closed and disappeared.

The others came in as they saw him trying to get a Digital Gate up. Koushiro wondered who those kids were. Where they new Chosen? When the other came in he told them that he was going to email Taichi, but his computer died. He smiles when he was able to connect to Taichi. He sent a reply that he, Hikari, and Takeru were on their way. He even added that he saw two new Chosen entering the gate.

Digital World - Cave

Taichi smiles when he gotten a response from Koushiro. Koushiro said that he, Hikari, and Takeru are coming.

“Alright it's from Koushiro! He's got Kari and Takeru with him!” There was also something about two new Chosen entering the gate before he got there.

He blinked. New Chosen? I wonder who they are? Where they are?

“TAI! Come here, quick!” Taichi looked up to his partner who was further down the cave.

Odaiba Elementary School: Computer Room

“What's the Digital World?” Miyako asked. “Is it a new amusement park? I bet they have some great rides.”

Takeru looks at Hikari and shrugs at her with a worried look. What were they going to do?

“I heard it from Taichi-sempai once.” Daisuke said to himself. “He said there were lots of digimon there.” Hikari and Takeru looked at him in shock. “Whatever they are?”

“You know Taichi-kun?” Takeru asked. Daisuke blinked at him.

“They play on the same soccer team.” Hikari told him. Now it all made sense!

“Hey guys,” Miyako spoke up. “I got an idea. Let's go to the Digital World.” Takeru and Hikari were about to say something when a young boy stopped in front of the door.

“Miyako, aren't you coming over?” The boy asked. “Remember you were going to fix my computer.”

She looked at him sheepishly. “Oh, sorry. I forgot.”

“If Taichi-kun is there and if those kids went through then the gate to the Digital World must be open.” Koushiro mumbled to himself.

Digital World - Cave

“Look at that!” Agumon pointed to some type of Digi-Egg. The egg had red, orange, and yellow flames. It had the Crest if Courage on it and there was some kind of blade sticking out of it.

Taichi approached the egg. He was taken aback that it had the Crest of Courage on it. “That's weird, “ he finally said. “It has the Crest of Courage on it. Is it an egg?” He asked, but he had a funny feeling that he knew the answer already.

“I never seen an egg with a spike on it.” Agumon added.

“That's because it's a different kind of egg.” Taichi and the digimon looked up in surprise at the new voice. Walking towards them was a purple skinned imp with a yellow face on his chest.

“Who are you?” Taichi asked.

“That's Impmon,” Tailmon answered. “Impmon is a virus rookie level digimon. Impmon loves pranks just as much as he loves attacking with his Bada Boom attack.”

Impmon smirked at the introduction. “Thanks for the intro. Couldn't have said it better myself.” Tailmon rolled her eyes.

“What do you mean it's a different kind of egg?”

“This is an Armor Digi-Egg. Only digimon of the ancient species can use them. When one of these digimon use them they can evolve using the evolution used in ancient times.”

“I heard of this story before.” Tailmon said as she studied the egg. “I never seen one before, but it is said to be a myth.”

“Well, it's not a myth now,” Patamon squeaked.

Taichi looked at the egg and thought about what Impmon said. “If this is a ancient form of digivolving, how do I activate it?”

Impmon crossed his arms over his chest. “If you are truly destined to wield this power all you have to do is pick it up.”

Taichi blinked at him. Was it really that simple? Taichi placed both of his hands around the egg and tried to lift it. Instead of lifting it like he had wanted to, the egg glowed orange. Taichi gasped as the light became blinding. When the light stopped three orange balls of light floated into the air and out of the cave.

“What just happen?”

“You're not the Chosen that this egg belongs to.” Impmon said before turning around and walking away.

“Hey! Where you going?” Agumon yelled.

“I would love to stay and chat, but my Tamer will be looking for me.” And with that said he left.

Taichi blinked and turn to the digimon. “What's a Tamer?”

Digital World - Mountain Region

Ken looked at her D-3 as it continued to beep. She looked up and took a left and ended up in a wide passageway. She continued done the path, knowing that they will be there soon. The beeping was getting louder now.

Ryo, Strikedramon, and Stingmon were behind her as they followed her. Ken saw the lights of the Digi-Egg of Courage activating. Before they entered the cave three orange lights were seen shooting across the sky. She knew what this was. Three new Chosen with digimon of the ancient species have been chosen. It was only a matter of time.

Ken smiles as her D-3 beeped continuously when they enter a huge cavern. In the middle of the cavern was a rock pedestal. On the pedestal was a pink, rose like, Digi-Egg. The Digi-Egg had the Crest of Kindness on each of the pedals.

“There it is Ken-chan!” Wormmon yelled. “It's our Digi-Egg!” Ken smiles at her digimon enthusiasm.

“Well don't just stand there.” Ryo says as he gives her a small push. “Go pick it up.”

Ken laughs and shakes her head in amusement. She puts her D-3 in her pocket as she looks at the Digi-Egg. It was beautiful. It was such a lovely shape of pink and the flower's design was breathtaking. Ken gently places her hands on the egg and lifts it up with ease.

She smiles as the boys cheer behind her.

“Finally!”

“Ken-chan! Ken-chan!”

She laughs. She turns to face them with a kind smile on her face. Ken takes out her D-Terminal and presses a combination on the device. The D-Terminal glows as it shoot a light at the Digi-Egg. The Digi-Egg of Kindness turns into a pink light and enter the D-Terminal. The light stops when the transfer was complete.

“What do we do now?” Ken hands moved gracefully in front of her.

“Well let's go to the TV and take the Digital Gate to Shinjuku. I called the guy ahead and told him that we were coming for the cards.”

Ken frowned and moved her hands franticly in front of her. “But what about the other Chosen. They could be in trouble.”

“She's right you know.” Strikedramon said. “No matter how much they hurt us, we can't just leave them.” Ryo grunted

“Why don't we just go over there to check anyway? If they don't need us, we can leave. However, if they can't handle it, we step in and then leave before they notice us.” Ken nodded her approval.

Ryo sighed, realizing he was out numbered three to one. “Fine! But if they can handle it themselves we leave immediately.” Ken jumps up and down, moving her hands rapidly in front of her. “Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I know! You don't have to thank me, but I expect a new song from you for making me go within three feet of them without some type of fighting!” Ken hits his shoulder playfully. “OW!”

“You kind of deserved that Ryo.” Strikedramon said with a smile.

Odaiba Elementary School: Computer Room

“Prodigious! We're going back to the Digital World!”

“I'm going with you!” Hikari frowned at him.

“That's impossible,” Takeru said with a frown. “Not just anybody can go you know. You need a digivice.” Takeru said as he showed his rectangular digivice.

Daisuke did not like that answer. Why did hat boy get to go with Hikari and not him? He growled, “Listen dude! If you and Hikari can go, then so can I!” As if it were the magic words the computer began to glow. Three beams of light burst out of the computer. The blue beam landed in his hand, while the other two went out the door.

Daisuke eyed the weird device in his hand. The device was oval shape. It was blue with a white center. “What's this?”

“It's a digivice.” Takeru said, looking surprised.

“But it's a different model.” Hikari looked confused as she looked from her digivice to his.

Koushiro looked intrigued for a moment before looking at the computer. “We better go now, while the gate is open.”

“Yeah, but how long will it stay open.” Daisuke raised his eyebrow. The gate wasn't open before?

“I don't care!” Daisuke looked at Hikari from his device, wondering what she was doing. “I'm going to help my brother!”

Daisuke frowned. This looks like one of my videogames. Daisuke was shocked when Hikari put her digivice out. The screen glowed and before he knew it, she was gone.

“I'm with you.” Blondie says as he does the same. What just happened?

“It's your turn,” Koushiro says to him. “Unless you're scared.” Daisuke shook himself of his shock. Daisuke Motomiya was not scared! Daisuke did the same thing as Hikari and soon found himself being pulled through the computer.

Digital World - Forest

“Wow! First time being download. This is pretty cool.” He turns to the others. “So this is the Digital World.” Daisuke looks around and notices that he is wearing a different outfit.

Hikari looks at her digivice and sees three dots. Two are red and one is white. “Its over this way.”

“This place doesn't seem so scary.” Daisuke said as he follows them. He looks around and notices a soda machine. “Hey guys! Check it out!” He stares at it, wondering why there was a soda machine. Well he was thirsty. As soon as he took a few steps a bunch of ugly green digimon with eyes came out and trampled over him. He frowned when Blondie and Hikari laughed. “That wasn't funny.” Daisuke got up and followed them. It was not funny; those things were creepy. He placed a smile on his face though. They didn't need to know how their laughter stunned a bit. “So were those digimon?”

“Yeah, there are lots of them. There are some who are a lot cuter then those ” Hikari said.

“Yeah, and there are those who are a lot scarier.” Takeru added. Daisuke frowned. He didn't need to rub it in.

“Do any of them come out of soda machines?” Daisuke asked hoping to get some type of answer.

Taichi looks at his digivice as dots blink on and off. “They are really close by.” They continue walking and before he knew it they were right next to each other.

“Tk!” Patamon yelled as he flies to Takeru.

“Patamon!” Takeru catches Patamon in his arms and smiles at him. “I'm so glad to see you.”

Taichi runs around the corner and meets up with the group. “Hi guys! So glad you can make it!”

“Taichi-sempai!” Taichi's widen as he hear Daisuke.

“Daisuke-kun? What are you doing here?”

“Kari!” Hikari smiles as she picks up Tailmon.

“Tailmon!” Hikari hugs her friend happily, until she notices that Tailmon's Holy Ring is gone. “Your Holy Ring? Tell me what happened.” Hikari asked.

Tailmon sighed as she told the story of her getting hit by a controlled Unimon. After the Unimon attacked her he tried to stomp on her after she hit the ground. Before he stomped on her she managed to move away, but not before losing her Holy Ring. She then continued by telling them about how it all started when a human appeared, claiming that they were unfit to bring peace and order to this world. “The human called himself the Digimon Emperor. For the first two months he built the Dark Towers and a base. None of the digimon did anything because they believed he was right. Two other humans were with him. They were called the Tag Tamers. They helped save the world before when it was almost destroyed and constantly come here when they can.” Hikari looked confused at that, but Tailmon continued her story.

“They didn't totally believe what he was saying was true, but they couldn't do anything since he wasn't really doing anything wrong. That was until he started enslaving digimon and tried to make the Tamers help him in his conquest to `restore peace'. The Tamers were angered and fought against him. However, it was only the two of them against an army of controlled digimon. At one point, one of the Tamers almost got captured.” Hikari, Taichi and Takeru gasped. “However, she was saved by a local village. Unfortunately, those digimon got ringed as the Tamers made their escaped.”

“Why didn't they stay and fight?” Daisuke asked annoyed. Only cowards would run.

Tailmon glared at him. “You try fighting against almost twenty digimon with one injured, and two tired rookies!” Daisuke flinched. She was right.

“That awful!” Takeru exclaimed. “Where are they now?”

Tailmon shrugged. “Around. The Tamers don't stay in one place. The Emperor is still after that one Tamer for some reason. There's a rumor going around when he came here he named her his Empress. However, when she learned of what he was doing she fought against him.”

“I bet he didn't take that kindly.” Taichi said bluntly, feeling bad for the female Tamer.

“Yup. He constantly tried to get the digimon to capture her when they see her. But they managed to unring the digimon instead. Don't ask me how. I don't know.”

“So why the digimon can't digivolve then?” Taichi asked.

“The Emperor has this dark digivice that makes us unable to digivolve.”

Takeru glanced at Daisuke. “Show them your digivice.” Daisuke blinked and did what he was told. Tailmon stiffened as she recognized the shape.

“That's it! You work for the Emperor!”

Daisuke looked at her in confusion. “I do not! Besides, mines not dark! It's blue. I just got this digivice when it came out of the computer.”

Taichi looked at the digivice. So that's what happened when I tried lifting it up. Three new digivices! Taichi noticed that Daisuke's digivice looked familiar, like he seen it before. He froze slightly when he realized why. Wasn't that Akiyama-san digivice when he was partnered to V-mon. Taichi felt guilt rise in him again as he thought about his old friend.

Odaiba Elementary School: Computer Room

“Where is everyone?” Miyako questioned Koushiro. She knew something was going on and she was going to find out what.

“I told you they went home,” Koushiro answer frantically.

“I'm not letting you off the hook that easy.” Miyako crossed her arms across her chest. “I know you hiding something from me. Now spill! What is the Digital World? And what are these digimon?”

“I don't know what you're talking about?” Miyako gritted her teeth. He is going to tell her rather he likes it or not. She reaches to her pocket and takes out the strange device.

“Then what do you call this?” She watches as Koushiro eyes widen. Perfecto!

“Where you get that?” He asked in shock.

“Iori got one as well.” She said still glaring at him angrily.

Digital World - Cave

“The dark digivice drains us of our powers, making us unable to digivolve. Only a few were known to not get effected by it, but that number is very low.”

“So that's why you can't digivolve.” Taichi said to his partner.

“If I could I would show him who's the tougher dino around here!”

“The Digimon Emperor uses these Dark Rings to control the digimon.” Tailmon continues.

“Yeah! And once these things catch you, you're his slave for the rest of your life.” Patamon added.

“Unless we find a way to brake them, like the Tamers do.” Agumon added

Takeru looked at the weird egg in the middle. “It looks like a deflated beach ball.” He placed his hands on his hips. “No wonder. It has a spike on it.” Takeru walked towards it and tries to pick it up.

“Yeah and it's heavier then mom's meatloaf.” Taichi said with a smile.

Takeru grunted when it wouldn't budge. Hikari went next and was not able to pick it up. Daisuke took a try, looking very confidant. When he went to pick it up, it can out with ease. Takeru couldn't believe it. Daisuke managed to remove it, but ended up falling on his behind.

“Guys, there's a problem.” Everyone turned to see a burst of orange light coming out of the hole that the Digi-Egg was in. Everyone gasped as a blue dragon digimon appears in the light.

Taichi's eyes widen. It's V-mon!

Veemon jumps out of the light and in front of Daisuke. “Free at last!” V-mon says as he jumps around Daisuke. “You removed the Digi-Egg of Courage! My name is V-mon.” V-mon puts out his claw for Daisuke to shake.

“Hi I'm Daisuke.” Daisuke said still slightly dazed at the sight.

“I've been waiting a long time to meet you Daisuke!”

“Are you sure you got the right guy?”

“Yup! It's you all right. You're the only one who can lift the Digi-Egg of Courage.”

Taichi studied V-mon. The last time he saw V-mon, was during the time of the D-1 Tournament. He recalled Ryo having a mute little girl with him. He didn't like how she got involved too, but there was nothing he could do about it. Ryo also had Impmon, Wormmon, and V-mon with him.

Taichi was snapped out of his thoughts when the cave started shaking. At the top of the cave was a Monochromon. Monochromon managed to create a hole and enter the cave from the top.

“It's a monster!” Taichi heard Daisuke yell.

“That's not a monster! It's Monochromon! His shell is harder than diamonds. His attack Volcanic Strike sends millions of fireballs.” Takeru yelled back.

“Boom Bubble!”

“Pepper Breath!”

Taichi paled, as Agumon and Patamon's attacks did no damage.

“Volcanic Strike!”

Taichi, along with everyone else, followed him as he ran out of the cave. Monochromon was still behind them as they ran.

“Daisuke, activate the Digi-Egg!”

“How?” V-mon was about to replied but he had to push Daisuke out of the way of Monochromon's attack.

“Daisuke you hold the Digi-Egg of Courage. You need to use your courage to activate it.”

Taichi ran to Daisuke fearing Monochromon was coming closer. If they stay there they are goners. “Daisuke! We have to move!”

Daisuke ignored Taichi though. “It's worth a try.” Daisuke murmured to his partner.

“Tai!” Agumon yelled as Takeru and the digimon followed them.

On the ground Hikari held her ankle. “Kari?”

“I can't move my ankle Tailmon.” This was not good. Hikari paled as the Monochromon appeared from the cliff and was charging towards her.

“No! Hikari-chan! Digi-Armor Energize!” Hikari looked at Daisuke to see the egg glowing. The egg then engulfs V-mon.

“V-Mon Armor Digivolve too…Flamedramon, the Fire of Courage!” Hikari looked in awe a tall version of V-mon wore some type of flame armor. Flamedramon rushed at the Monochromon and hit him with the spike on his head, knocking him to the side.

“Armor Digivolve?” Taichi asked in awe. This was so different then the Armor Digi-Eggs that Ryo used.

“What's that?” Daisuke asked as he eyes his partner's new form.

“I am Flamedramon. As V-mon I use the Digi-Egg of Courage to Armor Digivolve. My Fire Rocket attack will charbroil the enemy like a well torch steak.”

Unknown to the Chosen, hidden among the trees, two humans and their partners were watching the battle. Before V-mon Armor Digivolved a female was going to have her digimon digivolve to save her classmate, but it looks like it wasn't needed.

The boy watched the battle with narrow eyes. Yamagi Taichi was there as well as Ishida's younger brother. He had no plans of not punching Yamagi, but he did promise not because she asked. They could not do this alone. If it meant putting his pride aside then so be it.

“Fire Rocket!” The boy smiled at his old partner. It had been awhile since he saw him. One day they will meet again, but today was not that day. He was glad V-mon has his partner though.

“They did it.” The purple dragon said. The boy smiled.

“It's about time the Chosen did something right.”

The boy turned to see his female friend moving her hands in front of her. He nodded. “Yeah, you were right. It could have been bad. The Yamgai girl could have gotten hurt.” She signed again. “I am glad to see V-mon too, but I don't want to reveal ourselves yet. I still don't trust them. Can we do it another time?” The girl sighed at him, but she gave in and nodded. He smiles at her. “Thanks, Ken-chan. Let's go now. They are leaving.”

The girl looks at the group and smiles at V-mon as he shakes Daisuke's hand. She believed there was something special about him. Something the Chosen Children need in their fight against the Emperor. Her eyes softened as Taichi gives Daisuke his goggles. She didn't agree that every leader of the Chosen need goggles, but it worked for them.

She looks at her digimon as they begin to leave. She gives one last glance back as the Chosen Children leave toward the Digital Gate.

Odaiba Elementary School: Computer Room

Koushiro eats some of Iori's mom's brownies. They were very delicious. However, the question of those other two Chosen was still on his mind. He didn't get a good look at them though. All he saw was a boy, maybe around Taichi's age, with brown spiky hair, and a girl, who was around Hikari's age. It could be the trick of the screen, but it looked like she had navy blue hair. That was rare.

“So Koushiro, what does it mean when the light goes on?”

“What light?”

“The light on the computer just turned on.” Miyako turned to the computer and was shocked to see Daisuke on the screen with Takeru, Taichi, and Hikari. The screen glowed and the humans that were in the computer landed on top of them. Koushiro groaned. He really hated this.

Digital World - Unknown

He watched as the Chosen left the Digital World. He narrowed his eyes at them. He hated the Chosen. After what they did to his little sister and best friend, he was going to make them pay. How dare they interfere? He was making this world a better place.

He can understand that his sister might be upset with him for the way he acted and for distancing himself from her, but this was all for her. His parents didn't care. All they cared about was the fame that came with being a genius.

He glances at another screen and saw his sister with his friend. He frowned. Why were they watching the Chosen? He knows that his sister would try to befriend them. However, Ryo was wary of all Chosen Children. He would most likely try to keep his distance from them, as long as Ken was not motivated to help them.

His frowned deepened. He will have to find a way to convince his sister to see reason. She was blinded by their lies. She was a sweet girl, but she was naïve. She might have stopped trying to get their parents attention, but she still hoped. As long as she hoped, she was naïve.

He started typing on the computer, working on his scheme to capture his sister, as well as destroying the Chosen. “Master?”

The Digimon Emperor didn't move when his partner entered the control room. “What is it, Impmon?”

“The materials you request is ready. The scouts are waiting for your command.”

“Excellent. Let the hunt begin.”

To Be Continued…