Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ To Freedom ❯ Anticipation ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wings

Digimon does not belong to me. This writing does.

Chapter 5 - Anticipation

The next day, Daisuke woke up in a happy buzz. He rolled out of bed, landing carefully so he only made a light thump. He'd slept well, dreamlesss but for a golden idea of peace.

But even in his happy glow, he knw it couldn't last. Until he talked to his parents - no longer.

But he hoped it would only be a brief torture, before he was free, him and Ken.

Ken.

Daisuke had a happy grin on his face, as he got dressed, as he left his rooms, and as he got to the breakfast table.

Jun was highly suspicious. Daisuke hadn't seemed to gleeful in a long time. It was like a return to childhood, when Daisuke had been in a constant happy daze.

It was nice. He'd seemed so depressed lately.

Jun toyed briefly with the idea of asking Daisuke what was up, and if he'd been raiding the sugar again.

When Jun looked up, it seemed he was. There was an awful lot of the stuff on his porridge, and Daisuke was delightedly playing with it, drawing on top in melted brown sugar, tipping half the cream in.

The cream.

"Daisuke!" she said, almost screeching, as she reached out to grab the jug off him.

He blinked at her.

"I haven't had any yet!" she said.

"Should have been quicker then." Daisuke retorted.

"Well if you weren't such a pig, I wouldn't have to!"

Oops.

Daisuke was glaring at her. She should have left it, shouldn't have said...

He grinned evilly, and threw a glob of porridge in her face.

For once, Jun wished their parents had breakfast with them. This would never happen with them around. She didn't spend long wishing though, as she tipped what remained of the cream over her brother's head. She could call for some more.

For a moment, Jun thought Daisuke was going to throw the sugar at her, but instead...

He started laughing.

Jun stared at him a moment. And then she laughed too.

That evening, Daisuke was in his dressing rooms with Miyako. She was attempting vainly to tame his hair, and he was wincing the whole time.

"Maybe you should cut it," Miyako sighed.

"No!"

Daisuke's response was instant, and his hands went straight to his hair. Miyako giggled.

"Maybe not then. Your parents will just have to cope with the usual rat's nest."

Daisuke huffed, glaring at the mirror.

"Well, thanks for trying," he sighed. There was no point anyway. He was never going to be handsome, not like Ken was. He sighed again, but this sigh sounded a little lovesick.

Miyako seemed to sense his thoughts, saying,

"Don't worry Dai. You don't look that bad."

"Thanks Miyako," he grumbled, standing up, "I feel ever so much better now."

"Good," Miyako said, patting his hair. She was a little taller than he was.

"Now," she said, examining him carefully, "All seems to be in order. I shall be going then."

"But Miya, there's two hours to the ball!"

"And I have to get ready. You expect me to go like this?" Miyako said, gestering to her outfit.

"Why not?" Daisuke asked, staring at the frilly white blouse, and the full skirt that was deep pink in colour. As far as he could see, there was nothing wrong with what she was wearing.

Miyako sighed.

"Really, Daisuke," she said, "You have no fashion sense. It's a good thing you have me, isn't it?"

"Something like that," Daisuke grumbled.

Miyako smiled. Daisuke looked so silly when he was annoyed.

"Cheer up Dai," she told him, "Ken will be here soon."

Daisuke's eyes lit up.

"Yeah!" he said excitedly. Miyako laughed, before leaving the room. Daisuke barely noticed.