Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Trials of the Heart ❯ Anything For You ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Anything For You




Christmas. The day of cheer. The day where your dreams can come true. Most of the time, anyway... A lot of good things happened to me on this very day, and yet... my heart aches. I know the reason, but I shouldn't feel so upset about it... After all, I would do anything... for her...

~*~

Earlier, I, along with the other original digidestined, met up with Davis and his crew. They had told us that they had a huge surprise waiting for us. Of course, none of us knew what that meant, cause they had said it like it was a joke. Still, we came, not knowing what they had in store for us. When everyone was there, they passed out the gifts, or better put, the gifts passed themselves out.

They had brought back our digimon pals for the holiday, hoping that it would make us happy. It sure did, what with me being able to see Agumon again. Boy, did I miss him... We had a lot of catching up to do, though! After the reunion, Matt invited the new digidestined to his concert, but they had been intending on going to Ken's Christmas party, so they parted. I planned on asking Sora to it, but needed to be alone with her. I prayed that she would accept, but my heart was telling me that I was about to make a mistake... One that might not mend so easily...

"Would ya look at that line, eh?" I inquired to Agumon. Seems as though Matt was rather popular. "Hope we can get tickets..."

"Don't worry, Tai!" Agumon grinned his goofy grin and I just had to laugh. Man how much I missed this idiot!

Glancing around quickly, I spotted Sora... She was standing in front of the back entrance. My heart dipped. 'Is she going to see Matt?' I questioned myself softly, walking over to her as though nothing was wrong. She seemed awfully nervous, and was holding a small package, wrapped carefully with green wrapping paper and tied with a red ribbon. She and Biyomon were having a conversation. I stepped towards her. "Sora, wait up!" I called, catching her attention.

She looked over at me. "Oh, Tai...," she muttered. Glancing down at the gift, she stuttered slightly and blushed, turning like she was trying to hide it.

Gabumon came out the door and offered to take whatever Sora had to Matt, but Biyomon told him off. I had a feeling that Sora made something special just for Matt, and was hoping to give it to him personally.

My gaze slid to the ground, and I took a deep breath. "So, um, Sora? Are you going to the concert with anybody? I mean, not that it matters to me... Just wondering...," I stuttered gently, hoping for the best. Instead, my heart was crushed.

She turned to me. "No... I want to be available incase Matt is free afterwards." She gigled slightly, and my heart broke.

I tired not to show how much I was truly hurt, though. "Oh... I see... Matt, huh?" I couldn't help it. I was disappointed.

Blushing, she brought a hand to her mouth and agreed with a murmur. She was embarrassed, I could tell. I doubt she ever felt anything else for me except a deep friendship... I had not known how much I truly cared for her until we had finished our job in the digital world. Now, though, I guess I was too late... She fell for him. Matt. One of my best friends. Of course, I could see why... He was popular, kind, and handsome... Who wouldn't like him?

I suddenly felt like curling up into a ball and wasting away, but I didn't. I did something that would help her in this situation. I walked right up to her, shocking her slightly. "I-It's okay...," I told her, placing my hand on her shoulder.

"You're not mad at me, Tai?" she inquired. Why would I be upset with her crushing on Matt? I cared for her too much to hate her. If she was happy, I would be happy... I just wish that she could realize that...

I started to move behind her. "No... O-Of course not..." Gently, I pushed her towards the opened door. Surprised, she turned to look at me, her face questioning. I shook it off. "Now get in there and say 'Hi' to Matt for me," I encouraged her, giving her a boost of what she needed at the moment. Courage. My quality.

"Thanks, Tai..."

Agumon moved beside me, waving his arms. "The least you could do is leave us the cookies!" he cried jokingly.

She smiled lightly, blushing, and giggled. "Tell you what... I'll make some special ones for you...," she whispered. Turning, she walked through the door.

I watched her walk in, talking both my heart and courage with her. I knew that she would be happy, and that made me smile, even though it was a sad one. I answered her softly, "I'll be waiting... Thanks..."

"You know what, Tai?" Agumon noted, claws on his hips.

I gazed down at him, confused. "What?"

"You've really grown up!" he concluded, smiling.

He was true. I had changed. I knew that I had done the right thing, but my heart was broken. I no longer felt like going to the concert, but I would do so anyway, because Sora was still my friend, and I was still hers. I never want to see her get hurt.

~*~

The concert had been canceled due to a digimon attack. None of us knew how the digimon had gotten to our world, but we were ready for more yet to come. Ken seemed to have an idea, but it was nothing more than that. We were also on the lookout for control spires that were now being built in our world.

Shortly after bidding farewell to Ken, we all left our separate ways. The thing that hit me the most was that she left with Matt. They walked off, chatting away, while I stood there staring. I slapped myself inwardly. I felt my whole world fall apart. 'At least she's happy...,' I thought, trudging off.

"Tai? Are you okay?" Kari asked me when we made our way into the apartment building. She seemed really worried about me.

I smiled falsely and nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." I chuckled and tapped Agumon on the head. "Come on, pal! Let's get some sleep!" He and I ran into the bedroom and toppled onto my bed.

Kari sighed. "You guys get some sleep."

~*~

I woke up in the middle of the night. I couldn't sleep... My heart was sore, and I was now realizing that I would be nothing more than her close friend. She would tell me about her dates with Matt, and how much she cared for him... Then again, I don't know if she'll even do that much... She probably knows that I care for her...

I quietly slipped out of bed and moved to the window. I doubt that she will even remember her small promise that she made to me... So forever shall I wait, I suppose. Life wasn't kind right now, and unneeded thoughts entered my mind while I sat there. 'End the hurting' they told me, but I didn't want to... They told me that I could thrust a knife into my wrist, right between the bones, and cut the arteries, but I didn't. That I could just open the window and jump, but I didn't. All I did was smile sadly and turn away from the beauty of the night sky. I silently climbed back into my bed beside the snoozing digimon.

I had come to realize that I loved Sora so much, and that it didn't matter to me if she didn't feel that same way back. I would do anything for her, give her courage when need be, be her shoulder to cry on, be the person who makes her laugh. If I had a choice, I would rather give up my own life than see her die. And I also knew that if I died, she would be sad, and I don't want her to be. Her happiness is mine, and I will always be with her.

'All my life means nothing

When you are feeling blue

`Cause your happiness is mine

And I'll do anything for you


I know that you are in love

And that you don't know what to do

Look for me, your close friend

`Cause my courage will see you through


Although sadness is in my heart

And I doubt that it will mend

Anything is what I`ll always do

For you, my dear sweet friend'


Tears formed in my eyes as I closed them. Tomorrow would bring a new day, and yet it would also bring an even greater sadness. Letting these thoughts go, I drifted into a dreamless sleep.

~*~

a/n: This was something that I had to write. I don't know if I have the English dub words completely correct, nor do I care. I am a true T&S fan, and seeing this episode made me cry for Tai... He seemed to sad... I think that he truly did care for Sora... I decided to make this to tell how I think he felt, and I slightly changed the ending to help me out. I figure that I`m going to get some flames, so they are welcome. This story was based off my own feelings and problems as well. I, too, have a crush on a certain guy, and my friend also likes him. He is very kind to both of us, yet I believe that he will choose her... Anyway, forget about my life. Heh... I will still write T&S stories and draw pictures with the two of them together, but this moment will hang in my mind forever... Arigatou, minna, for reading. Ja ne...-~Angel-Chan~