Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ War Diaries: Adventures Zero-Three ❯ Cry for Justice ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
War Diaries

Entry 19 - Cry for Justice

By Lord Archive

Digimon and most characters in this series belong to Toei Animation Inc.,
Sensations Animation, Fox Kids and others. They are used without consent.

----------------------

An alien landscape stretched beyond the horizon. The sky was a happy pink and the ground smooth and yellow. Odd structures sprouted from the ground that defied description. There were also strange objects that hovered in the air with no visible support.

One particular object looked like a floating empty picture frame with an open door revealing what looked like a rustic home on Earth hanging in the air in the middle of the frame. A young girl with short brown hair then somehow walked through the open door and grew in size as she walked. She looked around and spied a lanky girl sitting on a cube and then approached her.

"Sakura, find anything?"

"Oh, yes. Something very interesting, Noriko," Sakura replied. She didn't look up as she stared intently at the object in her hands, a glowing dream catcher.

"One of the Chosen's dreams?" Noriko questioned.

"Yes...." Sakura grinned.

"Why aren't you using the Akumu no Ken on it then?" Noriko demanded, pointing at the katana resting near Sakura.

"Two reasons. It's already a nightmare and that this isn't a normal dream. Seems little Sayuri is a precognitive," Sakura informed.

"How do you figure?" Noriko wondered.

"She's dreaming about our little... 'job' tomorrow. And it won't be good for them," Sakura replied. The light on the dream catcher began to fade and she quickly shook it, and the glow fell off it and disappeared as if it was a spreading mist.

----------------------

Sayuri sat up in her bed with a jolt and then began to blink.

Pyschemon let out a yawned and opened a sleepy eye. "Another dream?"

"I... don't know. I don't remember it," Sayuri replied. And felt very trouble that she couldn't even remember the slightest bit of it.

"Must not be important," Psychemon curled up and fell asleep again.

Sayuri couldn't shake the feeling that her lack of remembering was important somehow. She pulled out of bed and scuffed her way towards the bathroom. After completing her business, she looked in the mirror and shook her head. Perhaps all of her dreams were just residual effects of Gururumon's attack awhile ago and she was just missing the ability now.

----------------------

Yume paid more attention to Iori than what the teacher was saying. While that wasn't exactly new for her to do, this time her gaze was filled with concern. Iori was still very upset about the battle in Kyoto the other day. His mood hadn't improved after learning one of the officers died while being operated on that night. She wanted to help him, but had no idea how.

Lunch period began and Yume immediately wheeled her way over to him. Just as she reached him, his D-Terminal began to beep.

Iori opened it and his hands tightened dangerously around it as he read the message.

Yume frowned. "Iori-sama, what's wrong?"

"Another Kyoto officer just died this morning from his injuries," Iori replied with a slight growl. He then stood up. "Excuse me."

Yume's surprised look turned into a scowl as Iori went over to Sayuri and escorted her out of the classroom.


Once a fair distance from anyone else, Iori whispered with some unintentional harshness, "Did you have any dreams?"

Sayuri shook her head. "No. I haven't."

"None at all?" Iori pressed.

"Sorry." Sayuri didn't even look at him.

Iori was about to press the issue but his D-Terminal began to beep again. He glared at the message.

"What is it?" Sayuri wondered.

"The Dark Seed children are in the Digital World right now," Iori replied. "Koushiro won't be able to help."

Sayuri nodded grimly. Her lost dream now troubled her even more. "Let's get there and hopefully team up with everyone else."

Iori rushed over to his classroom and almost shouted, "Yume, I need your help with something."

Yume immediately took after him in her wheelchair.

The trio stopped in the janitor's room to acquire their partners before making their way to the thankfully empty computer room.

"Digi-port open!" Iori cried out and with a flash, the room was once again empty.

----------------------

"Hark, Chosen, what brings thou here?" announced the armored angel, Holy Angemon. Around him stood a fair number of the staff-wielding angel-type digimon, Angemon, the fiery angel, Pidmon, and female warrior angel of swords, D'Arcmon.

Sakura grinned evilly. "I don't think 'Chosen' is the right word for us. Plotmon, take him."

"What?!" Holy Angemon watched in stunned horror as the puppy digimon evolved first into a Black Tailmon and then a Lady Devimon. "What foulness has become of thee?"

"We're not foul. We're just pure evil, baby," Yuri purred. "Gizamon, have fun."

The female Gizamon giggled demented before evolving into Seadramon and then Waru Seadramon. "Who wants to be my squeeze?"

"My lord, these children are not the Chosen," an Angemon noted with fear.

"Master of the obvious there," Hitochi commented darkly. "Agumon, eat him."

"Wonder if he tastes good?" Agumon questioned before dark energy engulfed him first revealing a blue Greymon before turning into the skeletal monstrosity, Skull Greymon.

During this time, four of the other digimon evolved as well. Parrotmon, Digitamamon, Vadermon and Death Meramon stood ominously before their partners.

"I say we play with them for a bit," Noriko commented in a bored tone.

"Sounds like fun," Toy Agumon gave a girlish giggle before transforming into Tankmon and then Tekkamon. "I think I'll prune some feathers."

"Defend the gem with your lives!" Holy Angemon ordered.

With that, the battle began.

Lady Devimon shot forth and grabbed Holy Angemon's sword arm, letting her black claws sink into wrist.

"Thou can not win!" Holy Angemon said through gritted teeth.

"Oh, I'd disagree," Tekkamon cooed into his ear.

Holy Angemon's eyes widened in fear feeling Tekkamon's electro sword at his neck.

"Goodbye, handsome," Lady Devimon leaned forward and kissed him. His lips jerked from her as his head fell away and then his body exploded into data.

"Who's next?" Tekkamon questioned glancing around at her compatriots.

Skull Greymon merrily chewed on a screaming Angemon while using his missile to obliterate the angel's allies that had tried to come to his aid. Digitamamon ignored the attacks on her while she induced violent fear and darkness in those that got too close. Parrotmon was getting rather annoyed with the group of Pidmon burning his feathers, and returned their attacks with lethal lightning. Another Angemon cried in pain as Waru Seadramon crushed him with her coiled, serpentine length, who she basically ignored as she shot lightning blasts at the angels that got too close to her. Death Meramon held a group of D'Arcmon at bay, swinging his metal chain threateningly. Vadermon had abducted a D'Arcmon and removed himself from the battlefield. Lady Devimon and Tekkamon had to dodge a few incoming attacks and smirked at the playmates that had been left behind.


"Where are the others?" Iori hissed angrily.

Yume and the others could only shrug. It was the middle of a school day and it was easily possible that any number of things could be keeping the other Chosen busy.

"He... he's not doing what I THINK he's doing?" Sayuri questioned, very disturbed and disgusted.

"What?" Yume looked to see what Sayuri was talking about.

Iori hadn't missed it, and neither had Armadimon.

"We have to stop them, now," Iori growled.

"How? Three adults against eight Perfections would be a slaughter. Ours! We can't fight them," Psychemon retorted.

Lady Devimon held a trembling Angemon in her grips. "Won't you Chosen help save these poor dears?" she taunted, staring directly at Iori and the others. She then began to hurt him in the most evil way she could think of. The Angemon pleaded for help, for mercy, and then got it in the form of death.

Iori and Armadimon both let out a piercing yell as the yellow armadillo shot forth.

Sayuri and the others were about to shout protests but Iori's digivice began to emit a painful shriek, causing them to cover their ears. Black lightning crashed from the cloudless sky striking Armadimon who then gave a bestial cry.

"That's our cue. Run!" Noriko ordered, holding a giant purple gem in her hands. The Dark Seed children immediately departed with their digimon providing a quick getaway.

"Get back here!" Iori shouted in impotent rage.

The black lightning subsided and a giant scorpion that was all exoskeleton and no flesh emitted a horrid howl into the air. The beast looked around to find prey, and found it with the wounded angel digimon.

"No!" Iori yelled as a black cloud formed around his partner. "They're not the enemy! No!"

Both Yume and Sayuri grabbed Iori into a hug as screams of agony came from the black cloud.

"Stop it! Armadimon, stop it!" Iori howled, tears streaking down on his face.

The cloud began to dissipate and not a single angel could be seen. All that was left was the scorpion, who clicked its pinchers menacingly.

Bakumon moved backwards. "Oh, no. He's coming this way!"

Sayuri and Yume practically had to drag Iori as he would not move on his own. He could only cry, pleading for his partner to stop.

The yellow scorpion drew ever closer. They had to flee now. "Bakumon evolve!" A pillar of light shot up around the small elephant and subsided to reveal a large furry, yellow ape. "Hanumon!" Without another word, the digimon scooped up Psychemon and the children and ran as fast as she could, pushing herself to the limit.

Iori reached out toward his partner as distance caused his form to shrink from sight. "Armadimon!"

----------------------

The two girls said nothing as they hovered over Iori. They didn't know what to say to him.

Psychemon and Bakumon were similarly at a loss, and took positions to guard the children. They tensed up seeing someone or something approached, but were relieved to see that it was Gennai holding a baby digimon.

Gennai said nothing as he handed Upamon to Iori, who hugged the sleeping digimon tightly.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," Iori mumbled through his tears.

Gennai frowned at the three children. "I had hoped no need would become of this, but I see I have no choice."

"What's that?" Sayuri questioned.

"There were more than nine crests made. You three also need to have crests in order to learn how to properly evolve your digimon. However, obtaining these crests will take time. Time you won't be able to devote to dealing with the Dark Seed children. But without these crests, you have no hope of defeating them," Gennai informed.

Iori sniffed back some tears, then looked up at Gennai, his face hard and determined. "Tell us where we have to go," Iori demanded.

----------------------

Author's note:

(Smacks head on desk.) Must remember to include more description. Like say, the angel digimon actually fighting back.


What was the dark evolution for of Armadimon?

Scorpiomon (NOT the dub Scorpiomon who is the aquatic Anomalocarimon)
Bo-528
Level: Perfection
Type: Insect digimon
Attribute: Data
Family: Nature Spirits
Evolves from: Ankylomon, Digmon
Evolve to: ?
Attacks:
Poison Pierce
Black Out

The Diaries Universe
http://www.lordarchive.com
The growing universe in the Diaries World.

The Diaries Universe Message Board
http://pub62.ezboard.com/bthediariesuniverse
A place for authors, and readers, to discuss the Diaries Universe.

Coming next:

Entry 20 - The Quest Begins
Iori's team sets out to find their crests.

Also a side story:
Dark Seed Diaries 1 - A World Away
The Western Digi-destined are aided by Jijimon, but now he must call out for help as the Dark Seed children seek something that he has sworn to protect. But when only the New York team arrives, can the Dark Seed children be stopped.


Question from TiggsPanther:
Now, in early 02 episodes (in the original, not just the dub) it states clearly that Ken's Dark Digivice was hampering Evolution. (albeit aided greatly by the Dark Towers) Now was that ability lost? If not, could Ken stop the Dark Seed Chosen from being able to Evolve their Partners?

Ken has lost or forgotten most of the abilities he had gained as the Kaiser through the Dark Seed. And he is rather reluctant to try and harness power derived from an ocean of dark power. It wouldn't work if he tried it on the Dark Seed children, anyway. They are using Dark Evolution which is just as immune from that particular block as Armor and Jogress are.