Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ We Met On The Net ❯ prolouge ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

We Met On The Net

ST: Okay. This story is just a result of writer's block. I couldn't get to sleep last night and started writing this story. I don't know where it's going to go or how long it's to be. I'm just writing it on a whim. Hopefully you all will be able to bear with me while 02 and BOS get sorted out.

TK: Summary: Can you really fall in love with someone you meet on the internet? And what if the "net" isn't the only problem?

ST: There is slash/ shonen-ai. But I always have that! And here's the OOC warning. I'm sorry. When I mold these characters, they become quite different from their on screen personalities. The coupling will be Taken. Takeru/Ken. This chapter is only a prologue. I don't know when I'll get up the next. Or if I'll even continue this. I'm just vwery boreded. And yes, that's a word. To me. And don't steal it! Just kidding.

TK: Never mind her. She just ate a brownie, double chunk, and it's 11 am. Hey, what are you doing up so early on a summer weekday?

ST: I'm morning person.

TK: Okay. (rolls eyes)

ST: Anywho, I don't own Digimon. So don't hurt me! Enjoy!

TK: On with the story:

[prologue]

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What if your eyes were glued to a computer screen? That's right, technological dating at it's best. It's happened quite often you know. People finding true love off the net. And the occasional 40-year-old perv who's posing as a 15-year-old, but let's not bring up this controversy.

My mother had been telling me for months that she'd literally cut the wire to my cable connection if I didn't comply with my computer curfew. After that I obliged. But I'm no angel. I'd just sneak back on later on.

It was around 2 am on Tuesday morning that I found my new hobby. And it was under the screen name shygy_32. I still have a text copy of our first chat. I was on a message board site, posting my personal opinion about how kick ass Xantic was as in reply to a string of messages when I was IMed by one of the currently online stringers.

shygy_ 32: hi

yng_nd_hpless: Heyas

shygy_32: I read yr comment and thought it was righteous.

yng_nd_hpless: thnx

shygy_32: yea and well then i read yr profile and thought youd be cool to talk 2

yng_nd_hpless: thnx ^^

shygy_32: do you really think-

And so our conversation went. We had a lengthy discussion on 80's rock bands and how pineapples on pizza is a big no. Before I knew it, my computer clock said 3:49. Way late. And it was a school night. We bade each other a good night and I logged off. As I shut down my computer and crawled into bed, I couldn't help but think how cool it was to meet some chatter who had the same interests as me.

The next day at school was long and very drawn out. My mind kept screaming, "See what you get for staying up so late?" and had to run to the nurse's for an aspirin.

As I spent the rest of my day with my teachers scolding me for falling asleep and my feet dragging on the ground, I couldn't wait to get home to sleep and then hit the net again. Hopefully shygy would be on.

Sure enough, after a six hour nap and an hour of surfing, when the time was approximately 2, he IMed me again.

shygy_32: hey fancy meeting you here

yng_nd_hpless: lol why you on so late?

shygy_32: cnt sleep

shygy_32: and hoping to run into you

yng_nd_hpless: coolies me too

shygy_32: yea, kays so last night you were telling me about-

it was almost freaky cool. Me having some random person to have continuous conversations with without arguing or worrying about what time to be home was the best. Intrigued by this shygy, sfter we said laterz, I checked out his profile.

Screen-name: shygy_32

Real name: nice try

Birth date: March 9 XXXX

Location: dinky Japanese town

Interests: music, books, Harry Potter fanfiction, computers, world domination (j/k), manga, movies, gardening, pockey, and sports (like soccer)

Comments: "And she read, at peace with the world and happy as only a little girl could be with a fine book and a little bowl of candy, and all alone in the house…"

-Betty Smith (A Tree Grows In Brooklyn)

That quote from the profile really stuck with me. By the time I shut down my computer and was tucking myself in for bed, I had it memorized. I wasn't sure what I felt, but I knew where I'd be tomorrow night at 2 am.

[to be continued]

ST: What do you guys think? Yes, no, sucks, rocks. Tell me! Review.

TK: Also, tell them what the screen names mean.

ST: Oh, TK's is yng_nd_hpless which is young and hopeless without some of the vowels. I thought it'd be cool, you know, TK is hope. Young and hopeless. ^^ Ken's is a take off of this guy I used to know who went by shygy390. So, he's real. I think. I moved and well, we lost contact.

TK: No, you severed all connections with him cause he was a jackass.

ST: Oh, yea, you're right. That jerk…

TK: Well, review.

ST: Til then!

[tbc]