Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ We Met On The Net ❯ chp 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

We Met On The Net

ST: Wow. I just typed this up the same day I started it. Hee hee. Oh, it's just proof of my boredom. Well, I got one review. Ty, I'm sorry. I thought that I was the only person to ever use boreded. My friend Britt and me made it up years ago. But, I hope that you enjoy this chapter. It's short and crappy. Oh, and I did read EOARS. It was good!

TK: That all?

ST: I think so.

TK: Okay. On with the story.

[chapter !]

shygy32: hey hopeless. whats up

yngndhplss: ok. you?

shygy32: nmh. oh btw, i got the new Blink cd

yngndhplss: good?

shygy32: o yea

yngndhplss: told you so

shygy32: oh bah. Anyway what did yr mum say bout yr D in bio?

yngndhplss: your grounded

shygy32: from what?

yngndhplss: the computer

shygy32: then how you on?

yngndhplss: at a friends

shygy32: this late?

yngndhplss: its only 1 am

shygy32: that be late. wheres yr friend?

yngndhplss: sleeping like a rock

"Now Teeks, that isn't very nice." Nearly having a heart attack, I turned around to see my "friend sleeping like a rock" indeed not sleeping but hovering over my shoulder, his tan face looking lighter due to the glow of the computer screen.

"Jesus Davis. Don't do that to me."

Davis chuckled, a glint of humor in his autumn eyes. "Yea yea. Get back to your chat. He's getting impatient." Sure enough, there were three new messages.

shygy32: hmm reminds me of someone I know

shygy32: but its still rude to be neglecting yr friend even if hes dead asleep

shygy32: r u listening? or ignoring. you know im right

Rolling my eyes I quickly replied.

yngndhplss: sry. my rock of a friend just woke up and is now bothering me

Receiving a swat from Davis, I awaited shygy's reply.

shygy32: ok. im gonna go. spend time wit yr friend. bi

yngndhplss: bye

[SHYGY32 HAS LOGGED OFF @ 2:59 PM]

Turning around in the chair and facing Davis, I flicked him hard on his forehead. "Thanks a lot dipshit. That's the last I'm gonna be able to talk to him for, like, a week."

Davis laughed and rubbed his head. "Oh, so you'd rather spend time talking to some faceless dude that could be an 80 year old granny or grampie jacking off on the other end of the screen than hang out with your good friend Daisuke? I most certainly won't be doing anything sexual while you talk to me. Unless you want me to."

I pushed his away and got up, walking by his laughing form and sitting on the edge of his bed. "You're an ass." Davis shook his head and sat up. "No, you my friend are the ass. Dumb ass." Rolling my eyes at Dais comment, I flopped onto my back and sighed.

Davis couldn't be right. He's never right. For the last four years that I've known him, he's only been right once. And it was that time when he suggested that we save the world and never give up. Of course, had I been in his position, I'd have said the same thing. But that's not the point. Davis was only trying to rile me up. Shygy wasn't a perpetrator, was he?

"Ta-ker-u? You listening? Or thinking about your precious online buddy?" I turned to face him, sitting up a bit on my elbows. "As I was saying, how do you know if this guy isn't an old dude? Huh?"

I took in a breath, collecting my thoughts. "Cause, he seems too much like a regular teen. We've been talking for like five weeks and it's like talking to you. Except for all the stupid sexual innuendoes of course. And the fact that we have a lot in common. Unlike you and me."

Davis waved his hand nonchalantly. "Oh TK. Not everybody can have a relationship with you like the one I have. Some would say that we're more than friends." I rolled my eyes. "But, really dude. There's been reports of people hacking into people's emails and then them stalking the person, listening into the person's chat room conversations and learning everything they can about the person. All I'm saying is, be careful man."

His face was serious and he had a finger pointing at me in a teacher-like way. Since when had Davis become so parental? "Yea okay. I'll try to look out for things like, `oh, my wife-er, my sisters kicking me off', or `I need to go out and buy some more adult diapers cya'. Happy?"

Davis quickly smiled and said, "Oh, well that makes me feel much better. Let's hope that tomorrow night I won't hear about some sixteen year old teen getting raped in a back alley way by some child molester known by the name of Old Man McGraw, aka SHYGY32!"

"Dammit Davis, let it go." Dais finally sighed his `fine but I'm still not seeing it your way' sigh and joined me on the bed. "Okay Teeks. But on one condition." I raised my eyebrows at him, awaiting his deal. "You have to call a friend of mine about his and get the 412, kay?"

I rolled my eyes. "411 Davis. And fine. Give me the number and I'll call later."

Davis shook his head. "Nope. Now." He grabbed his phone off the side table drawer on the left of his bed and started dialing a phone number.

"Davis! It's 3 in the morning! Who's gonna be up?"

"Well we're up." Davis, always thinking his way. Literally. When he dialed in the number, he shoved it in my face. With a glare I took it and held the receiver to my ear. Listening to the rings, I waited for a voice. Hopefully it wasn't Kari. Davis loved to somehow get me to prank call his girlfriend so he could listen to her yell at me.

"Lo?"

Something in my mind clicked and I turned to Davis, confusion covering my face. "Hello? Is this Ken?"

"Yea. Who's this?"

"TK. Hey. How're you?"

"Good."

Still glaring at Davis, I let an uncomfortable pause hang between Ken and me.

"So, why are you calling people at 3 am?"

"I don't know, ask Davis." With this, I dropped the phone onto Davis' lap. He picked it up and started talking to the receiver.

"Hey Ken. No. Yea I know. But- Okay. Yep. Well, I was telling him about what you were saying the other day about internet perpetrators and- yea. Well, okay. Fine. Yep. You too. Night." He hung up the phone and stuck his tongue out at me. "He said he'd email it to me. Let's go read it."

Oh the joys of instant emailing. DSL is the best. We were greeted by the chimes of MSN saying that there was a new email in soccerdudeisavedtheworld's inbox. Like the screen name? Davis thought of it himself. Can you tell? Anyways, inside the email was a newspaper article. Actually, it was a Dear Abby.

Dear Abby: My daughter likes online chatting. She started chatting about two years ago. It wasn't until recently that I found out that one of her chatter friends was not the 17-year-old boy he said he was. It was in fact a 29-year-old man.

We found this out when my daughter, 14, told this man that she was in love with him. The man confessed his true age, but my daughter no longer cared. This man then told he that he'd been filtering her emails for information about her and that's why they hit it off so good. But, my daughter doesn't believe him and says that after she graduates from high school she's going to go find him.

The man then tells her that he'll be waiting and that he loves her too, only getting my daughter even more worked up. A few months ago, when she told me that she wanted to meet him, I freaked out and contacted the authorities. The police found the man and arrested him and it was said that he was a labeled a predator of young girls. Evidentially they found countless emails filled with information on countless girls. He had many email addresses and screen names so he could be everywhere.

Please Abby, tell people to be careful around their children's Internet progress. My daughter is still very distraught and is still saying that she's in love with the man.

-Not So Lucky In Kentucky

Dear Kentucky: Your letter is the one of many that I receive about this problem. God bless you and your strength to turn that monster in.

After we read it, Davis immediately said, "See! This could happen to you!" I rolled my eyes and clicked the x on the upper corner of the box. "Whatever Dais. I'm going to bed."

But I couldn't help but wonder if I was in danger. Who was this shygy?

[to be continued]

ST: Like that? Yes, there are Dear Abbys that talk about this stuff! You never know. My dad's all paranoid like, when I talk about some person who reviewed me, he's all like, you aren't chatting are you? But I'm not a big chatter so he doesn't have to worry.

TK: Like anybody would chat with you.

ST: HEY! Anyways, I like this Davis. He's kinda more bold than the others. And he's a good friend, as you shall see. I have some good conflicts planned for this story. And Dais will be- Uh, better not give too much away.

TK: Review please.

ST: Yes! Please do!

TK: Til then.

[tbc]