Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ We Met On The Net ❯ chp 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

We Met On The Net

ST: Wowzerz. Hey Dudieos! Here's the next installment of the net set. ^^ sorry. Couldn't resist. Oh, by the way, thanks to um, sovereign? Dammit! You see my computer won't let me use my internet, so I can't go look up my reviewer's name, so I'm cluelessly trying to thank you all. Um, you know who you are, thank you for telling me about the ff.net warnings about the chatter thingy. Hopefully they won't mind the tricky I did here. You saved my bum from possible strip of story! Thank you!

TK: Ain't she a dope?

Draco: Aren't you a wanker?

TK: What?!?! What the hell does- HEY! I'm gonna kick your-

ST: Umm, yes. Meet Draco. He's a "new" muse. If you've already read the new chapter of bos, you'll notice his first appearance.

TK: He's a jerk.

Draco: You're a git.

TK: Stop your damn English talk!!

Draco: Oh shove it you bunch of bullocks.

TK: What does that mean?!?!

ST: Gee, I have been reading way too much Harry Potter fanfiction. Oh well! Enjoy the next chapter. Oh, I'm sorry if it seems like I didn't put much effort into it. It's really only something that I started to do out of boredom, and to help solve my writer's block. But now that I'm semi out of block, I don't feel like trying too hard. Plus I only got a few hours of sleep last night and am only gonna get so many tonight since I'm too lazy to get up off my computer and go to bed and am not all here at the moment. And boi do I want that damned blink 182 CD. I'm listening to the radio right now and they're on and I wish I could get my hands on it. But I'm poor. And I don't own Digimon. Wow. Complaints and disclaimer in one. Fun!

Draco: On with the story then.

TK: Hey you stupid English bastard, that's my line, my job!

Draco: Pipe it you smarmy little muggle cartoon.

TK: You shouldn't talk you ferret!

Draco: Oh pul-eese. That's the best you can do? Honestly, it's like bickering with Weasley.

ST: () Uh, yea. Okay. Back to what you came here for:

[chapter @]

(a/n: the italics are TK aka yngndhplss -I'm aware that I had an e in the sn in the 1st chapter. Sorry. I changed it. Bold is shygy32)

A week after my grounding was lifted my mind was clear from all thoughts that Davis had drilled into my head that night. It wasn't like me and this guy and me were even going to meet. We were just enjoying the pleasant conversations we had. There's nothing wrong with that, now is there?

But then one night, one of our conversations changed everything I just said, everything I had ever said, everything, and anything, including my life.

hey hopeless. i was wondring, do you ever think about the ppl you meet online?

um, why you ask?

no reason. just seeing if you'd freak if i were sum1 totaly diffrent from what you picture

why? r you some secret 40 yr old dude who wants to rape me?

lol. you wish, but no

good

you didn't really think that?

couldn't help. read what you typed

you see?

lol. your right. sry.

ok

no what i meant was- hey, you arnt a 45 yr old dude, are you?

no worries. im that anonymus 16 yr old in odiaba

odiaba? perfect

why?

you wanna meet?

That's when my heart leapt into my chest. Who was this guy? My god, I was doing exactly what Davis told me not to. How could I fall into this trap so easily? I had to say no. Thank you but no thanks. It wouldn't be hard, I mean it's only text.

sure

cool! how bout the arcade by the pizza place. you know this place?

I did. It was across the street form Kari and Tai's place.

yep

sweet. tomorow?

what time?

2?

ok

you sure?

yea

alright cool. then i can show you what I mean.

My heartbeat was rapid and my fingers sweaty from gripping my mouse. I did it. I was meeting some online person that I didn't even know. What the hell was I doing? All those parental lectures started to haunt me. Never give out your personal information. Never tell anyone where you live or when you'll be alone. Never meet anyone that you don't directly know.

And what did this shygy mean by, `i can show you what i mean'? How did he think that I wouldn't get suspicious with his direct question about my thoughts on people I meet online? What did I get myself into?

I was meeting a guy whom I had been corresponding with for about four months and thought that we had a lot in common tomorrow. Meeting him. In person. I was in the shit now. And I had no other choice but call the only person I could, Davis.

He did chew me out. But I knew he could be counted on for support and help. He was always there. He told me that he'd go to Kari's for a "make-out session" and watch out for anything suspicious. He actually took it a lot better then I thought, due to all the heat he gave me before when I slept over at his place.

"Hey dude, just telling you this now, you owe me one. For real. Maybe a head job or I dunno, a threesome with Kar. She'd be willing-"

"Davis. Sick. C'mon."

"Oh, sorry." I knew he was just being sarcastic. It was so, him. "By the way, the reason I'm so lax on this whole situation is because he asked to meet on your turf. But it also gives me plenty more reasons to be on my guard, incase he expects you to be relaxed. Don't worry. If anything happens I'll kick ass."

Confused yet? Don't worry. It gets even more confusing.

[][][that next day][][]

I was as nervous as hell for what I was about to do. But, strangely, I was also anxious and slightly excited. I mean, this shygy and me, we were like completely compatible. However, it could all be some game that this guy's playing with me, trying to see how far he could get with kids he met on the chat lines.

As I waited for 2 o'clock to come, my mind played pong with these facts. I couldn't stop thinking, was he trying to befriend me better or was he trying to kidnap me, handcuff me, drag me to his van, drive me out to a secluded field and do what he wished t o me? I guess I would find out. Which scared me even more.

Davis was the only person who kept me sane. We met up at his place before the big meeting and he prepped me.

"You sure you wanna do this dude?"

"Yea."

"You're psycho, really. I really think you should ditch it."

I gave my friend a longing look. "C'mon Dai. You were all for it yesterday."

He sighed. "I know. I just didn't have a whole night to think about it, ya know?"

"Yes, I do know."

As we sat on his living room couch staring aimlessly at the TV that blared some senseless anime that is worthless to even remember, I twiddled my thumbs and waited fro the clock that read 1:47 to say 1:48.

"You okay dude?"

I turned to Davis and squeaked what was supposed to be a very reassuring mm hmm. Unfortunately it wasn't. Not even to me.

"You know I'm gonna be right across the street, right? So, if you need anything, just run over. Knock first. Kari might need to throw her shirt back on. I mean-"

I laughed at this. Everyone besides Tai and me thought that they really did snog senseless while locked in either apartments for hours on end. Davis and Kari would be sure to kill me if I told the rest that they actually talked a lot and mostly fooled around with playstation games instead of loosing their virginity in many different ways.

"Teeks, you listening dude?" I nodded and glanced at the clock. 1:57.

"Davis, isn't it time to get going?"

Davis quickly flipped the tube of and stood up. "Ready when you are captain."

Sometimes I wonder if a friend like Davis should make me feel pleased or punished.

So we made our way to Tai and Kari's place. Once on Cherry Street, the street across from the arcade and pizza place, Davis patted me on my back and told me once again that he'd be looking out for me. I knew he would be, so I smiled and thanked him for everything.

"Hey, no problemo. I'm a friend, that's what we do."

I rolled my eyes. "It's a thing of beauty when Dai's on duty."

"Oh ha ha. Go meet your old grampie. I've got a hot date waiting!"

As he jogged up towards the stairs of the complex, I shouted back at him, "With the Playstation or N64?" I barely heard his reply, but knew it was either sexual or inappropriate.

Pushing all my fears and regrets aside, I made my way across to the arcade. My eyes darted around, looking up and down the street for anyone. How would shygy look? Pansy and uptight, scraggly and poor, average and trim, punkish and sharp, jocky and confident, humble and nerdy? There were so many options and so many images popped into my head.

Then I saw the back of a shirt that read, "You may hate me and taunt me, but in my imagination I shall torture you for all eternity with bad acne and BO". I knew it had to be him. We had always joked that every jerk that had ever called us names would be totally tormented by teenage problems in countless situations conjured up in our minds. It was an inside joke we had.

I smiled and laughed at myself. Of course. How could I be so stupid? It had to have been a kid my age. There was no way a 40-year-old guy could hold the façade of a 16-year-old boy that long and that well. I walked up and stopped briefly.

What if he was someone I know? What if it was someone ugly? I don't know why I even cared about his appearance at that moment, but my image of shygy was a smart, yet active, interesting attractive guy who was just about as average as I was. I don't know why, but I had to have that image kept intact.

So, just to be on the cautious side, I passed right by him, tilting my head to the side to catch a not so obvious glance at the boy who stood leaning against the brick wall of the arcade. The face I saw made me gasp and nearly choke on my own tongue. I tried to keep my pace up and walk away as intended, by my feet halted and my mouth ran away without my brain's consent.

"Ken?"

[to be continued in the next installment of the net set]

[now back to where we left our authoress and her muse amusement]

TK: Hey! That's not funny! Malfoy has got to go!

ST: Hmn, that's not how the author's notes were supposed to start off, but, okay. So, what did you guys think? Too evil of a cliffhanger? I was going to continue but then decided to let it dangle. Not to mention that I need to go type up 02 before I pass out from exhaustion.

Draco: What about this dilemma? What are you going to do with us?

ST: Let you sit and squabble. It's way more entertaining and better resting than me and Teeks taking shots at each other.

TK: Grrrreat. So you mean I'm stuck with this brat?

Draco: Pardon, but did you just call me a brat?

TK: I believe I did dude.

Draco: Well, mate, I think you need to watch that muggle mouth of yours before I hex you to next week. And if you don't get rid of that horrid, what do you call it? A hat? Yes, well, be rid of it or I might have to hex you anyway. Merlin knows what else I could hex you for. Rudeness, boringness…

TK: SHUT HIM UP!!

ST: Ha! I've never seen you so flustered before Teeks. Anyways, back to business. On my profile is a bunch of info on my stories. So, go read and find out the progress. You'd get a better description on the new chapter of bos, but I'm too lazy and tired to care. In fact, I'm skipping 02 and going to bed.

Draco: Could you resolve this matter now?

ST: What, and let one of you go? No way!

TK: Evil bastard.

ST: I know you love me.

TK: Do not!

ST: Then why not let Draco take over?

TK: Cause I- I, eh, well, I uh, er, I-I can't let him!

ST: Okay then.

Draco: What is the final line? Until then? What kind of catch phrase is that?

ST: MY kinda catch phrase. Til then!

[tbc]