Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ We Met On The Net ❯ chp 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

We Met On The Net

ST: Oh hi and hello all you readers! How are you? Have you missed me while my computer has been disposed of and is temporarily sitting in a Best Buy being checked out by the Geek Squad? Cause I sure have missed you! I have sunk to the low of using the library's computer. Ahh, oh well. It's better than sulking and wishing my damned computer would work so I could use my own instead of hurriedly typing this up while anxiously glancing over my shoulder, trying to see if anyone's reading this and thinking, `well she's lost it'. But, yea. Anywho, here are my thankies to reviewers:

Tyson FoxFlame: Hey gurile! Hope your dance competition went well! Thankies for the rose! Hope you get BR or eyes up soon!

LoveSovereign: Thank you very much for the warning. I won't really be using Ims anymore that often, so yea. And I don't really think ff.net will mind my extended author's notes. I've read longer and more worse conversed ones. So I don't think I'm in that much of trouble. Thank you though!

mima57775: You are the utmost sweetheart in the history of sweethearts! Thank you for all your kind words! You sure do still make my day!

Draco: Thank you. Does this mean that you like me better?

TK: No it doesn't! Tell him, mima. Tell him that I'M better!

ST: Go away. I'm not done! Eh, continuing:

digigirl-izumi: My goodness girl! My room is overflowing with all your nice things and plushiez and what not! You are very generous to give me all these things! Thank you! And I'm so glad that I inspired you!

PerpleXed: Oh ho ho! You're starting to use my overused catchphrase! And, you rock, not me! Fyi, every time I read your stories, I crack up too!

DarkLights: I know, cliffies are the all and above evil, but you can't tell me that they aren't worth it! Hope you like this chapter even better!

Point: Yes, thank you for the, uh um, correction as you would like to call it. I'm glad you're reading my story, but please, next time, be nicer to my reviewers! LS meant well. Thank you, though. Enjoy the story.

That wraps it up ladies and possible gentlemen. I'm not in the mood to fight with my muses, so I- oh crap.

TK: Sentay, what are we gonna do with you?

Draco: Honestly, did you really think that we'd fall for that?

TK: Bribing us with pockey! And rice balls! Ha! You're a joke!

Draco: The git is absolutely right! Like I would eat something as bizarre sounding as uh, pokey.

TK: Pockey fool.

Draco: Whatever. And rice balls? Ick.

TK: Chocolate covered rice balls. They're quite good you know.

Draco: Chocolate covered?

TK: Yes. Pockey is a chocolate treat, too. Biscuit sticks dipped in chocolate. Yum.

Draco: Chocolate? I thought pokey was some kind of bird.

TK: It's pockey, and it's actually really really good.

Draco: Well I love chocolate.

(The two blondes stand motionless, drool slowly emitting from their mouths)

Draco: Well mate, race you?

TK: You're so on dude!

(they run towards the food stall that is located somewhere in the depths of ST's brain)

ST: That was too damn easy. Didn't even have to argue. Anyways, on with the story!

[the net set]

[chapter #]

Who would've thought. Of all the people in Japan, and there are a lot of people in Japan, it had to be, was, just so became someone I already knew.

Was I supposed to be disappointed? Wasn't I supposed to be relieved? Relieved that it wasn't some psycho serial killer? Happy that it was a friend?

But no. I was disappointed. I was upset that it was a person whom I could count on my hand of close enough friends. And it made my stomach weigh down, way down.

I wished that I could've slunk away, stood him up and then emailed him saying I was moving to Bora Bora. But I just had to call out his name, didn't I? Blow my cover. Lose the upper hand. I'm such an idiot.

And of course, he turned around. "Takeru?"

I smiled weakly and gave a small nod of the head. "Yea."

Ken smiled politely, as usual, and said, "It's been, what, a week? Funny, meeting you here."

My heart stopped, but somehow the echo's of my last few heartbeats rumbled up to my head and nearly shook me to the ground. "What?"

Ken, still smiling profoundly, repeated, "Well, us digidestined haven't seen each other lately. Um, actually probably just me. But I should've known that I'd run into someone here. It's good to see you."

I must've been on auto pilot, for my head nodded in agreement and understanding, but I didn't really get what he was saying.

Then it hit me light a freight train at 60 miles per hour. He didn't know that I was hopeless. He didn't know that I knew that he was shygy. He didn't know that I didn't know that he didn't know that I knew that he was the online guy that I was meeting. The guy that I had been chatting with for, like, months.

Before I could blurt it out and ruin my only chance of escape, I simply said, "Yea, well, I'm going to meet someone, Davis actually, so I`ve gotta go, but it was nice seeing you, and you should call, you know?" Okay, so it wasn't that simple.

Still casually slightly leaning against the brick wall, Ken smiled, or well remained smiling, and said, "That sound great. I miss hanging with you guys."

It struck my heart and I almost didn't go. He was a friend after all, you know? And a good one at that. So, I have to confess to you, I didn't go.

"Um, Ken. Are you, like, waiting for someone? Cause Davis isn't going anywhere. He's with Kari and, well, I really don't need to watch them go at each other while playing some meaningless racing game, you know? And if you can't then, well, I guess, you know-"

Laughing, he cut me off. "Yea, I'm waiting for someone, but I don't think he'll show up."

I smiled. "Alrighty then. Arcade?"

"I thought you didn't want to watch people go at each other while playing a game."

I rolled my eyes and led Ken into the game arcade. "I meant Kari and Davis. They bicker like siblings. Which is really disturbing since they're going out and all."

Ken's eyes widened, due half to the light change from the dimly lit neon arcade and the other to what I had said. "They're going out?"

Before I could question his question, he laughed and said, "I know. I was being sarcastic. Davis calls me almost every night. He likes to tell me about he different ways that Kari's hair can part."

Shoving Ken lightly, I sighed. "You had me for a second there. And I pity you. I get the different shoes she wears and how they match his."

And we spent the day together. I almost forgot that he was shygy. Too busy having fun I guess. But, it hit home when I swirled on my desk chair at 4 am, smiling heavily while still on the high I got from hanging from Ken, and checked my inbox.

There were four messages. One from Davis.

From: soccerdudeisavedtheworld@tokyopop.com

Subject: old geezer

hey man, howd your metting go? you didnt stop bye so i didnt know if it was bad or bad. call me!!!!!!!!!

One from my email service provider. One from a porn advertising spam system, asking horrid things form me. And one from shygy.

From: shygy32@charter.net

Subject: (none)

hi. sorry i couldnt make it. i ran into an old friend who needed help and lost track of the time. maybe next time, ? cya

Maybe I wanted to lie, maybe I didn't. Okay, I didn't. But what do you expect me to do? Confess?

To: shygy32@charter.net

Subject: RE(none)

thats ok. i didn't get there neway. so mb yr on 2 late, but yea. later.

As soon as I sent it, up popped an IM. It was shygy. We chatted till 6 am.

Was I supposed to feel guilty? Was I supposed to feel bad for deceiving my good friend Ken?

If I was, I sure didn't.

[to be continued in the fourth installment of the net set]

[back to your authoress]

ST: Whatcha think? Too short, I know. But I am doing this at the library where they can throw me off at any moment. Anyways, review and tell me how you thought it turned out. Even I wasn't expecting that. ()^^

Til then

[tbc]