Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ We Met On The Net ❯ chp 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

We Met On The Net

Oh my. I'm sooooo sorry that I haven't updated lately! I've been bust with my new website. You should go check it out. It's a website all you guys would enjoy, really. It's called pulse, and the motto is: bringing you the obscure. Basically, it's a site that makes the world see the most overlooked slash/shonen-ai pairings. Well, at least the ones that I like and think should be more well known. So, if you've been changed by my stories and the weird couplings, then you should go to the site. If you go to my profile, you'll see a link to it. And it will also be my "homepage", if that makes things easier. So, yea.

Anyways, time to thank the reviewers:

It's ME!, mima57775, Renn, GKFan, PerpleXed, KitsuneAkai13, and miracles-3.

You guys truly rock. =)

Draco and Harry: On with the story!

ST: Where's TK?

Draco: I…don't…know?

Harry: Dray locked him up in the dung-

(Dray slaps Harry hard on the arm)

Harry: OW! What did I do?

ST: Oooo, Dray, there will be hell to pay once he gets out.

Draco: I know… (sweatdrops)

[the net set]

[chapter ^]

Have you ever heard that song that you sing when you're little, cause it's almost like swearing. It's like, ooh, I'm saying bad words! Then, when you're older, you sing it to your friends to irritate them, cause irritating your friends is always worth while.

You know, the one that goes:

Miss Mary had tugboat, her tugboat had a bell

Miss Mary went to heaven, her tugboat went to

Hello operator, give me number nine

And if you disconnect me, I'll kick you from

Behind the refrigerator, there was a piece of glass

Miss Mary sat upon it, and broke her little

Ask me no more questions, and tell me no more lies

The boys are in the bathroom, picking up their

Flies are in the meadow, and bees are in the park

Where Miss Mary and her boyfriend are kissing in the

d-a-r-k d-a-r-k, dark dark.

I don't know what caused me to remember this childish song that I used to hear Kari and Yolei sing all the time, giggling as the others would groan and tell them to stop. They sung it so much that I had memorized it. The sung it so much that I thought of it while -I- was kissing in the dark. Not at the park, but the shore is pretty close, isn't it? Two blocks away!

But, the song's not the point. The point is: I was kissing Ken. Sure, we were in the dark, which I'll have to admit is pretty cool, but I couldn't've cared if it was bright and sunny out or if a tsunami was hovering above us. Cause kissing Ken was the best thing ever. Better than chocolate, better than listening to my favorite tunes, better than winning a free cruise to Australia, and much better than playing playstation games. Did Davis know kissing was this good? I'm sure that if he did know, then him and Kari wouldn't be talking and playing video games. Maybe it was because I was kissing Ken. And Davis kisses Kari. Ken and Kari are two very different people. And there's no argument over whom I'd prefer to kiss.

It wasn't like it was a make-out kiss. It was just that, a kiss. But the whole point was that we were kissing. And I hadn't ever kissed anyone. Ken was my first kiss.

Sounds romantic, but really it just made me a tad bit nervous. Cause, since I had not kissed anyone before except my mother (and mothers do not count cause, well, you know), I was worried that I was screwing it up.

But I didn't have to worry that much. Ken didn't seem to mind. And if he did, he sure was good at hiding it. Very good.

We kissed.

And then, we weren't. But, it didn't matter. Cause we -had kissed-, you know? It's not like we were going to suck face all night.

What we did do was stand there, smiling at each other, blushing madly. It was perfection.

And then, just like that, Ken whispered, "I've got to get home. My parents will worry."

I nodded, still smiling broadly. Watching him walk away, I sighed happily. I waited until I couldn't see him anymore and then I raced over to the one place that I could think of at that moment: Davis' place.

I knocked on the door softly, knowing that Davis was probably watching TV while his parents were asleep. Sure enough, Davis answered the door in his pjs, his face sleepy with TV glare.

"Takeru? What the hell are you doing here? Don't tell me you're that desperate for sex."

I didn't care about Dai's really bad sexual comment (ha was too tired to think of a good one), cause he makes cracks all the time. But not only cause I'm used to his ways, but also cause I was so happy that I could skip.

Immediately I hugged him, still smiling. Davis must not've expected it, cause he was kinda ridged before slowly hugging me back softly.

"Okay, TK. You're scaring me. What happened?"

I pulled away and grinned my teeth at him. Davis' eyes were like dinner plates, wide and shocked but I could see amusement behind them, like he knew exactly what had happened at the dock.

"Ken?"

Nodding profusely, my grin still wide and happy, Davis laughed and led me inside his apartment. We quietly made our way to his bedroom, slowly clicking the door shut behind us so his family would be spared from the girlish squeals I made once it was safe.

Shhing me, but sill smiling along with me, Davis pointed at the bed. I sat down, still sighing will happiness. "I'll be guessing that you met up with Ken, eh?"

I nodded again and fell back onto his bed, replaying the kiss in my mind. Nothing could spoil my glee. And nothing would dare try to.

Davis didn't ask me questions, but he still had this smile on his face like everything was his idea. We didn't talk for the rest of the night. Davis let me have the bed while he took the floor.

He was indeed the bestest friend anyone could have.

[][][][]

The next morning was a bit of havoc. At about 8 am, a knocking at the door woke us both up; it was that loud.

At the door were my mother and my brother. Matt seemed to have an apologetic look on his face, and I understood immediately why he was apologizing, for my mother attacked me with a hug.

"Oh my God! Takeru Takashi, don't you ever dare do that again, do you hear me? You gave me such a fright. And having your brother cover up for you was very stupid! He's such a bad liar. Oh, I was so worried!"

Davis snickered from behind me at the comment about Matt, and my brother shot my friend a death glare usually reserved for Tai. When my mother released me from her hold, I slumped back beside Davis and tried to smile a sorry at her.

"Now, next time you want to spend the night over at a friend's house at last moment's notice, just ask, okay? Don't go gallanting over and not tell me where you are! I nearly had a heart attack."

"A conniption is more like it." My mother shot Matt a disapproving glance for his mumblings. "Well, I have to go to work. Are you going to stay here?"

I turned to Davis, giving him an asking look. He shrugged his shoulders, basically not minding if I did. I smiled and turned back to my mom. "Yep. It seems so."

[][][][]

It may seem as though I'm being pretty vague, but this is all that I remember. That day passed like a blur, and all I remember is just hanging out at Davis' place, talking about worthless things that are so worthless that's it a bother to remember them.

But the next day, whoosh. That was quite a day to remember. The first meeting after the "kiss".

Davis had me and Ken meet up at his place for, as he called it, "manly hour". But really, it was just an hour full of gorging ourselves in chocolate fudge ice cream and watching a Tri Gun block. Quite immature, if you ask me.

And if you had asked me a week ago, I would've been all over it.

You see, throughout the whole "manly hour", all I could do was glance over at Ken, who would glance back and sometimes already be glancing.

Now you're wondering, why didn't Ken and I just ditch Davis' ridiculous hang out for a snog fest? Cause, for one, we just couldn't do that to Davis, he was a pal. And for two, we were both way too nervous to go that far.

But it was fun, sitting in the middle of the two boys, filing up on sweets and laughing my ass off at the TV. Not what you would call a date, for there were no `date' themed things happening (unless you count the numerous times that Ken's hand would `accidentally' bump into mine date themed) during the "manly hour", but I was a-okay with that.

Any time spent with Ken is well spent.

Especially the goodbyes.

Yes, when Ken prepared to leave, much to Davis' dismay (and mine, although I didn't whine like my goggled friend did), he asked me to see him to the door.

I followed with a skip in my step, glaring at Davis as he prepared to get up himself. Ken and I ignored the brunette's catcalls from the living room, both of us smiling at each other, as we made our way to the front door.

"So."

"Yep."

Both blushing, we stared at the floor for a moment before I stepped closer. Ken looked me in the eye, a bit surprised to see me looking right back. Before I could second guess myself, I leaned in and kissed him.

It was even more blissful than the first. Ken pressed into me, our lips touching perfectly. He took a step forward so our bodies were touching. It was beautiful.

After about a second, I pulled away and grabbed his right hand with my left. He smiled at me before sighing and whispering, "I've gotta go."

I nodded in response, mumbling an `mm hm'. He slipped on his shoes and as he opened the door, he said, "Goodnight", and left.

Once the door shut, I jumped up into the air in glee. I loved being in love. At least I thought it was love. I really didn't know; I had never been in love before.

For the rest of the night (I stayed over at Davis' again, barely remembering to call my mother to tell her so she wouldn't have a stroke) all I thought of was Ken and the sudden burst of love I was feeling.

Love, you know, that airy and light lifting thing, where it feels as though you can float. I felt so elated, that I could've sworn that I flew my way around Davis' apartment. It was a feeling of pure euphoric delightfulness.

Ken, he was so wonderful, so gorgeous. Smart, funny, well mannered (like I would really care if he wasn't, I just like having reasons to accolade him), and perfect in every other way.

He had no faults, even though everyone does. But, no. Not in my mind. He was immaculate, sinless, godly. He could do no wrong.

And I wanted to be around him when I wasn't around him. I wanted to always be in his presence. I wanted to talk to him, to see him, to breathe the same air as him.

Maybe those three days were pretty much just three days. But, to me, they were the long beginning into a feeling I had never known was possible to feel. And I loved it. I loved loving Ken.

[][][][]

The next day, the day after the "manly hour" date, us Digidestined had a get together planned at the local burger joint, an Americanized place called McDonalds. So, as giddy as I had been for the past days, I practically skipped there.

Tai, Kari, Davis, and Sora we already there. I slid in next to Davis and we chatted, waiting for the others to show up. Me, I was just really waiting for Ken. I didn't care about the others as much as I did Ken.

When my beautiful boyfriend, or as I was assuming due to the kiss, the `date, and the second kiss that we were an item, finally showed up, all the rest were there. Elated, as an assuming boyfriend should be, I nearly jumped out of my seat to clamber over to his side.

As I was as happy as a puppy who's greeting his fellow human friend, I barely didn't notice Ken's fairly obvious flinch and hesitance. Barely, meaning almost.

"Ken?" I frowned, knowing that something was wrong, maybe that I was at fault. Then, as Ken's face blushed and our friends kinda hushed around us, I realized my fault.

Ken was probably shy about the relationship and didn't want to make it the latest billboard for the rest of the group. Understanding completely, I unlatched myself from his arm and instead played the role of a regular friend.

Have you ever heard of the phrase, to assume is to make an ass out of you and me? You know, ass-u-me. Yea, well, that afternoon, I made an ass out of myself for assuming. Ken, I'm not sure, probably just embarrassed I guess.

I kept giving side glances to Ken, you know, still trying to see if I could fit in my part as hidden boyfriend. But, well, that didn't work out as I wished it did. Because, someone noticed.

"TK, are you alright?"

Turning to face Yolei, I gave her feigned innocence. "Why, of course Yolei. Why think different?"

"I dunno, you just seem to keep looking at Ken for some strange reason."

As if to prove her wrong, I scoffed and said to Ken, "I'm not looking at you, am I Ken?'

Blushing, Ken merely shrugged. Frowning at the absence of the humor I knew he had, I sat in silence for the rest of the evening.

It was confusing and hurtful. I thought Ken and I were together. Maybe I had just dreamed up the whole last few days. But it was too real to be imagination.

All I knew was there was something up with Ken.

Nobody wondered why I was so spacey for the remainder of our get together, but I didn't pay attention to their lack of notice. I was plotting what I was going to say to Ken when I talked to him later that night.

[to be continued]

ST: Arg, that was a crap chapter. It was fluff, confusing then even more confusing. But the character TK is confusing ,so maybe it makes sense to him, I don't know.

Draco: Dear lord, you don't know anything, do you?

ST: Hush. Anyways, that's all for now. Please review! Even if you thought this chapter sucked and was really mystifying. Oooh, I like that word. =)

Draco: Yea yea, hurry up and cut it.

ST: You just want out so that TK doesn't have time to get out and come hurt you, right?

Draco: I hate you. Til then!

ST: No, no. We'll wait.

Draco: NO! TIL THEN! TIL THEN!

ST: It's no use. I'm the authoress. I do as I please.

Draco: Fine. STUPIFY!

!@$!@#%#@%@%#!@$#@$3@!

This channel is having difficulties. Please stand by.

[tbc]