Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ We Met On The Net ❯ chp 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

We Met On The Net

TK: WHERE IS HE?!?!!?

ST: Where's who?

TK: YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU HAG! WHERE'S MALFOY?!?!

ST: Hey! I resent that. And, Dray's in the broom closet with Harry.

TK: Thank y- WHAT?!?!

ST: Don't act surprised.

(TK rushes to broom closet door and opens it)

(Harry and Draco fall out)

Harry: (laughing) Let's do that again!

(Draco slaps him on the arm)

Harry: OW! What did I do?

TK: Dear Lord, do I even want to know what you two were doing?

Draco: Oh for Merlin sakes, we were just hiding! HIDING! We were doing nothing inappropriate! Now back off you stupid dull-brained blondie.

ST: Um, you're blonde, too.

Draco: … Oh yea.

TK: So, Harry, HARRY, not Draco, what were you two doing in there?

Harry: (gushing) Oh, well, Drake an me, we were just waiting in this big white space for SenTay to come back when Drake said, `Harry, follow me'. So I did. He led me into the closet and closed the door. The lights were off and before I could say anything, Drake placed his finger on my lips. So I was quiet. Then he put his ear against the door, listening for something. That's when I got it; we were on guard duty!

TK and Draco and ST: What?

Harry: Shh, no interrupting. Anywayzies, we heard you storming in, and I then knew that you were waiting for SenTay too! So, I whispered to Drake, `Should I let him in?' and then Drake nearly had a conniption and he slapped me and it really hurt. So, instead of letting TK join our waiting, we both leaned against the door, listening for SenTay. Sure enough, she showed up and then we heard yelling, talking, breathing, and footsteps. Then the door opened and we both fell out and it was fun!

(silence)

ST: Ooooookay, beyond that, if you want a full frontal explanation as to why where who how what and when on this whole `i'm not going to be on ffnet much longer', go read it in the sequel story, The Boys (and Girls) AFTER Summer, cause I'm not in the mood to redo it in here.

Thankies:

And now, on with the story!

[the net set]

[chapter &]

i think of you and wonder

what will us become

a fairytale

illusions

shrouds of utter blindness to the truth

or is our destiny something unimaginable

of which I truly cannot fathom

true love and honesty

i think of you and wonder

What kind of BS is that? Honestly! Okay, so after the `out with the group' get together, Ken practically bolted, saying that he was going to be late for some cooking class with his mom.

And I come home and check my email, only to find this. This, this, poem from Ken saying, saying, well, I didn't know what it was saying exactly, cause it didn't make much sense coming from him.

What will we become?? Shrouds of utter blindness to the truth?? What the hell? What shrouds of what truth? What the heck was he talking about, really?

I didn't get it, and it bothered me to all ends of the earth. I had to ask someone's help. And the only other guy I know who's a poet of some sort was at a gig. Matt.

So I did the next best thing; I called Davis.

"Hello?"

"Hey Davis, is Kari there?"

"Takeru? Hey man, what was up today? Ken was acting all, I dunno, shady. You two in a row or something? You know you can talk to me dude."

"Davis, give the phone to Kari."

"I'm sorry, what? Kari? What makes you think that Kari's here?"

"Just put her on already."

"What's the magic word?"

"Yours is not to ask why, just to do or die." (a/n: my daddy dearest says that a lot when he's being funny)

"Good answer, but I was looking for one that starts with a P."

"Dammit Davis! Just let me talk to Kari already!"

"Fine. Be that way. We're through!"

Why did I have to be best friends with the biggest fake, cynical, sarcastic Drama Queen in Odiaba?

"TK? It that you hun? Davis said that there's something up."

Oh yea. That's why.

"Yea. Kari, I need to read you something. And then you can tell me what you think, kay?"

"Okay. Go ahead."

So I read her the poem. Afterwards, I waited for the confusion and the anger on my behalf. She would understand the unfairness smothered all over this, this crap of a poem.

"Kari?"

"Hmn, it seems as though the writer has some sort of secret, or isn't being honest. Like the writer really wants to be with the person he or she is talking about, but there's this whole mess of dishonesty in the way, or maybe even something more. Like, a barrier or whatnot. It's really deep."

Deep? DEEP?!?! "What? Are you joking? It's crap!"

"Takeru! Have you no sense of writing? Your brother is a songwriter and your mother does write for the local paper. I've read some of your work before, and honestly it's really good. How could you say this? Don't discourage yourself. It's bad for your self-esteem."

"Huh? What are you talking about? Do you think that I wrote that crap?"

"Didn't you?"

"Umm, NO."

What was Kari smoking? Like I'd write something that farfetched.

"Oh, I guess my expectations for you were too high. I'm sorry I overestimated you."

Ouch. "Apology excepted."

The tension between us was pretty intense. I could tell she was pissed.

"So, before I hang up on you, tell me who wrote the poem."

Before I could blurt in excitement, Ken, I hesitated, remembering Ken's embarrassed face from earlier that day. I couldn't tell her. "Uh, nobody. It was just on some site and I just wanted someone to agree with me on its horridness."

"Well, then you should've read it to Davis. Bye."

And then she abruptly hung up. I deserved it. Being a major a-hole over some stupid poem wasn't worth ruining a perfectly good friendship. But I still thought it was a stupid poem.

Couldn't Ken just send me an email with `I'm sorry' on it, or maybe even an explanation as to why he was acting the way he was? I mean, really. Who's a total sweetheart one day, a total snubbing jerk the next, and sends some bull poem to make up for it?

I had to get to the bottom of this whole fiasco, cause if I didn't, I'd probably smash my chair into the computer just to rid my eyes of his damned words.

/i think of you and wonder/

/what will us become/

The next day I got up bright and early. I had to, if I wanted to make the quickest train to Tamachi. Ken was going to get it and he didn't even know it. And I was going to give it to him. Well, the reprimanding of his life that is.

As I reached his apartment, I knocked on the door gently and waited for a greeting, anticipating anything from Ken, his mother, of even some kid my age that Ken might've met on the Internet. You know, just in for tea.

So I had an overactive imagination. Can't blame me, I had nothing to work my story on. For all I knew, Ken could've been playing all the online chatters he met on the net and that's why he was so diffident towards actually sticking to our `relationship' the other day.

It wasn't Ken, and it most certainly wasn't another kid, who answered the door; it was his mother.

"Oh! Hello. Are you selling raffle tickets or something?"

Smiling, I hurriedly put on the Ishida charm. "Oh, no. I'm a friend of Ken's. Is he here?"

This seemed to excite her more than a teen raffle ticketer. "How wonderful! Usually only his friend Daisuke comes by with his girl friend Hikari, and sometimes that lovely Yamato stops by too. It's so nice to see more of his friends."

Whoa. Yama stops by? That's something new, something new to add to my imagination. Maybe Ken had a thing for the Ishida/Takashi line.

But, even though I was as nervous as an airline pilot on his first flight, I entered the apartment as cool, calm, and collected as possible.

Ken was sitting on the couch watching the news. The news. What teen watches the news? I mean, Davis and I would be watching cartoons for heavens sake. I loved Ken even more for that.

But NO! I wasn't there to love Ken more! I was there to yell, hurt, and maybe even cry, although that would be very wimpy of me. But, yea.

As Ken's mother ushered me towards Ken, she said, "Ken-chan, you've got a friend to see you. Sit down, won't you? Oh, Ken-chan, I've got to go get some more tea packets for you two. I'll be right back."

I did sit down, right next to Ken. He quickly turned to face me, a look of surprise on his face. I kept my expressions calm and cool. For about five seconds. Cause, after Ken's mother left Ken practically attacked me.

Wow, if I could be greeted like this all the time, I'd be one happy man. I was Ken deprived for only two days, and yet we were kissing like star crossed lovers who hadn't seen each other in years.

/a fairytale/

/illusions/

What we were doing was an illusion, it was all just some stupid joke. I pulled away from him, realizing the truth behind all that we, WE, were. We, as in the word WE, as in the reference towards Ken and I together we, were unreal.

I knew something was wrong. It was all wrong. Ken and I were almost hiding it all. It didn't make any sense. Why hide? Was Ken that shy about this whole thing?

/shrouds of utter blindness to the truth/

Was I blind to the truth? Was there something there that I did not see?

Ken knew I was deep in thought. His head was bent almost shamefully as he waited for me to say something.

"Ken? What is going on? Between us?"

Slowly, he shook his head. "I don't know." His words were soft and almost unheard. It made me even more confused, frustrated and hurt.

"What?! Ken, I don't get this. You and me, we obviously have some kind of clickingness going on between us. And we most certainly both see it, right? But, after a few days of bliss and happiness, you go and blow it by being King Cold at the get together last night. And then you send that stupid God-forsaken poem that I DON'T GET!!!!"

Have you ever seen Ken get angry? Well, I'll bet you've never seen Ken as angry as he was at that moment. His head shot up and his eyes were almost bullet proof. He stood up and glared down at me, me glaring right back up.

"I can't believe you don't get it. Didn't you read the poem? How could you NOT get it?!?! I wrote it pretty damn clearly, did I not?"

"Well, I'm sorry if I didn't get all your yack about honesty and stupid shrouds of who knows what!"

I could tell he was gritting his teeth as he spoke. "You don't get it, do you?"

"GET WHAT!?!?"

I stood up too, not wanting Ken to hold all the power he was. I stared him straight in the eye, my taller height giving me a bit more advantage.

"You and me, Takeru, it's not right."

"How?"

"C'mon. Don't be oblivious. You do realize what the others will think, don't you?"

I sighed, still not understanding. "Ken, I don't want to yell anymore. Could you just tell me what you're talking about? Please?"

Ken exhaled a breath I didn't know he was holding. Slowly he sat back down and I followed. "Matt was right; you're completely naive towards all this."

"All what? And, waitaminute, what was my brother doing HERE?"

He chuckled, as if amused by my accusation. "He's been here helping me get to you."

I blinked. "Seriously?"

"Mm hm, but that's not the point. What I'm trying to tell you is that if we got together, we'd be frowned on by everybody."

"What? Why?"

Ken stared at me, as if astounded that I'd say that. "You're joking, right? Don't you see? We're both boys. BOYS. Hel-lo Takeru, gayness isn't really popular right now."

"Huh? What does our sex have to do with anything? What? Oh crap, now I'm even more confused."

Ken's problem was that we were both guys? That was what this whole fuss was about? That we were gay? Oh big whoop. "Ken, it doesn't matter! Really, I mean, this whole thing didn't even cross my mind. I don't care if you are a girl or a dude. As long as it's you, I could care less. And if anyone else thinks otherwise, then they can get hit with a piano falling off a fourth story floor. I love you, and if someone has a problem with it, I don't care. Cause I care only about you. Oh, and I guess I do care about myself, but that's just human nature. But, I do care about you more. I mean, I'd do almost anything for you. I'd, like, I dunno, rob a quik-e-mart for you. You are super important to me, and if you think that the fact that we're both dudes is going to stand in my way, you are so totally wrong. I mean, if Harry and Draco can do it in the fanfiction world, then we can do it, right? Well, not IT, but you know, be a couple. Cause, well, oh you get what I mean!"

At this point Ken was almost laughing his head off. I almost started to explode again, but instead I thought over what I said. Soon I was laughing too.

"Takeru, you've been reading waaaay too much slash."

"I know."

"I love you."

"I love me too. OW! Why'd you slap me?"

"Cause you're such a dork."

"Hey! That's mean. I thought you liked me."

"I didn't say that I don't like you. You may be a dork, but I still love you."

"Aww! I love you too."

"Well I love you more."

"Nu uh, I'd rob a quik-e-mart for ya, member? Beat that!"

"Oh, I just can't beat that! Oh no! I guess you do love me more."

"That's right!"

"Prove it."

"Huh? You were just agreeing that I love you more, and now you want me to prove it? How."

"Heh, you would do anything, wouldn't you?"

"Shut up, so I'm a slave for you. What do you want already?"

"Pull a Say Anything for me?"

"A Say what?"

Of course I knew what he was talking about; every real person knows how Lloyd serenaded his sweetheart with their song and a boom box. Now that's love.

"You know what I'm talking about."

"I know. And, yes, I'll do it."

He was giddy. "Really? When?"

"It's a surprise."

Ken got up and did some sort of jig. "I'm so happy, I could sing."

"Umm, don't please. I've heard you before. Ouch."

Scoffing, but still smiling, he pulled me up and hugged me. "I love you, so much."

/or is our destiny something unimaginable/

/of which I truly cannot fathom/

After being kissed thoroughly, I spoke a thought that was haunting my mind. "Ken, would you really not want to go out with me just because you are afraid of what others would say?"

He frowned but then quickly smiled sunshine at me. "I was ready to stop all this about an hour ago, but then you told me all that fluff. Now, as long as you don't care, neither do I."

I smiled. "Good."

We kissed again. And then the front door opened. And in walked Mrs. Ichijouchi. And Ken and I pulled apart so quickly that we both launched ourselves off the couch. Laughing, we both blushed up at Ken's mother who, thankfully, was as oblivious as I can sometimes be.

After bidding them both farewell, and explaining full length to Mrs. Ichijouchi that I just couldn't stay for tea, I left and headed off towards the train station. I had a plot to form.

I wanted to make him wait, just cause I loved to see Ken squirm in anticipation. But, I'm also extremely impatient when it comes to giving someone a gift. Like, for example, on my mother's birthday, I bought her present four days before the day. And yet I made her open it the day I bought it, just cause I couldn't wait to see the happy look on her face.

And, also, I had to go beyond Ken's expectation. But the question was, how?

Oh, duh. I did have an older brother who was, duh, in a band. Why not just ask him?

I did just that.

"You want us to play a song outside of Ken's window? Isn't he on, like, the fifth floor?"

"Yea, but c'mon! You've got amps, right? And I'll sing. You guys just have to play."

"How much."

"HUH? I have to PAY you?"

"Hell yea. It's like a gig."

I sighed. "Fine. I'll pay you. 100 bucks. Is that good enough?"

"Sure! Now, what song?"

"I've got it right here. You guys have played it before." I handed Matt the booklet of lyrics and pointed at one of the songs.

"Cool. We all know that one by heart."

"Perfect. We're doing it tonight."

"What?!? That soon?"

"Please?"

"Oh alright. I'll talk to the guys."

"Hem, hem, don't be sexist Matt." I giggled. One of Matt's band mates was a chick, her name Tina, and she was always giving Matt heat for calling them a group of `guys'.

We were in the garage that his band had rented out years ago, all his mates crowded around us. Matt liked to exclude them from all the `manager stuff' as a joke. He'd tell them that he liked to make sure that they knew who's in charge. In reality, Matt only did things with the full acceptance of the band.

"I'm going to pretend that I didn't hear that. So, dudes and dudettes, are we in for tonight?"

"ANYTHING FOR BROTHER TAKERU!!" The entire band thought of me as some sort of sibling mascot or something. It was pretty cool.

"Besides, it's terribly romantic…" All the guys groaned as Tina went as starry eyed and sighed.

And so I got my `gig' on Ken's sidewalk for that night, 8 pm. It was going to rock.

And it did.

We set up on the street with all the instruments and amps and very long extension cords. We were sure not to be too loud while setting up, as to not attract attention from Ken or his family. Everyone else could've disappeared and we wouldn't've cared. At exactly 5 to 8, Matt handed me the mic and got everyone ready to go. I was so nervous.

But, once Matt instructed, the band started playing, and I started singing without regret or fear:

/A star up in the sky goes slowly passing by/


/The lights below...they spell out your name/


/You're comfort on my mind and you're with me all the time/


/And lot's of feeling that I can't explain/

n.n

/I won't spend another night alone/

/I won't spend another night alone/

n.n

/Out of every girl I meet, no other can compete/


/I'd ditch em all for a night with you/


/I know you don't believe you mean this much to me/


/But I promise you that you do/

n.n

/I won't spend another night alone/

/I won't spend another night alone/

n.n

/If I had one wish this is what it would be.../


/I'd ask you to spend all your time with me/


/That we'd be together forever/


/We'd buy a small house in south central L.A./


/Raise lots of kids then we'd both join a gang/


/Just as long as we're together/

n.n

/The things you make me wanna do/


/I'd rob a quik-e-mart for you/


/I'd go to the pound and let all the cats go free/


/Just as long as you'd be with me/

n.n

/I won't spend another night alone/

/I won't spend another night alone/

/I won't spend another night alone/

/I won't spend another night alone/

The whole neighborhood had their heads sticking out of their windows, watching our entire set. It was amazing. But not cause we had the eyes of everbody in Tamachi, oh no. Because my Ken was lovingly draping himself off his balcony, trying to get a better view of me.

He had loved the song. And I loved him. And he loved me. It was this gigantic love fest.

Caught up in the moment, I raised the microphone to my mouth and yelled, "I LOVE YOU KEN ICHIJOUCHI!!"

/true love and honesty/

And he yelled back, "I LOVE YOU TAKERU TAKASHI!!"

At that moment I knew, we'd be together forever.

/i think of you and wonder/

[to be continued]

[and now a note from st]

ST: Oh my goshness, was that not beautifully romantic or what? Okay, explanations: the poem that Ken "wrote" was really a poem written to me, by a guy named Kenny Alexander Barra. He emailed it to me last summer, around the time that I moved. He was a dip-shit. And I had a major crush on him for like ever. And he did too, I think, on me that is. And, yes, he's the guy with the screen name shygy390. Strange coincidence that I used him as a kinda figure for Ken? No, just convenience.

And, the Say Anything, I sooooo wanted to that in at least ONE of my stories, and even contemplated whether or not to add it into 02, but then BAM! I put it into here. Spur of the moment kinda of thing. I wish a guy would do that for me.

And the song played was by the oh-so wonderful Ataris, and it's one of my favorite songs of all time. Isn't it so romantic? (sighs) I love it!!!

Okay, I'm sorry if this chapter is sketchy messy or vague, but I just typed all this up within like three hours. But, you gotta admit, it's long and fun, ne?

Were you guys expecting Ken's explanation for his rudeness the other day? Shocker, huh?

Anyways, tha be all fer now. I'm thinking that there's just gonna be one more chapter after this one, so get reviewing!!

Draco and TK and Harry and Dais: Til then…

[tbc]

[~st]