Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ We Met On The Net ❯ chp 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

We Met On The Net

[the net set]

chapter 9

Okay, I know that I said that we'd be together forever, but I didn't mean that there wouldn't be problems. Cause there were. A lot.

So Ken wasn't wrong on the fact that we were boys, and that boys kissing boys wasn't all the fad at the time. I didn't believe it until it truly showed, though.

The day after my "Say Anything", Ken and I made our first official public appearance as a couple. We walked into the movie theatres in Odiaba holding hands, although it took a lot of coaxing on my part to even share a soda.

It seemed as though the lot at the movie theatre were half and half on homo-haters and homo-I-don't-care-just-keep-the-pda-low. We got a few head turns, a few gags, a few encouraging and suggestive smiles, a few disapproving glares, and a few casual glances that you'd get from strolling down the street wearing a yellow rain coat in 80 degree weather and bright sun (you know, a look of mere interest that you yourself give out when people watching.).

I could've cared less if they thought we were lepers. But that was me. Kern was a whoooole different story.

"T-Takeru, I don't think this was such a good idea."

"Why do you say that?"

"Umm, cause the guy who served us popcorn gave us soda on our popcorn instead of butter."

I glanced into the bucket. Sure enough, Dr. Pepper was leaking its way down to the papery bottom. "Oh well, I wasn't hungry anyways. Besides, I'm sure it was a common mistake. My bet is that every fourth person probably gets some type of dark soda on his or her popcorn. Maybe it means we win a prize! You know, `if you get pop on your popcorn instead of butter, you get free season movie tickets'! Hey, let's ask Ken-"

"Takeru, I don't think-"

"Ken, don't be such a downer. I don't think that guy put soda on our popcorn cause we're gay. Gay and being gay together. Do you?"

I watched as Ken rotated his head back to the front counter. The guy who served us our pop-filled popcorn was staring at us with a look of utter disgust on his face. When he finally noticed that we were noticing his stares, he darted away, not even an embarrassed look on his face.

"O-kay. Maybe you were right. I'm sorry. But, that's not my problem that they hate gay people. Or are uncomfortable around gay people."

Ken had turned to look at something else while I said all this. "Umm, Takeru?"

I sighed. "What now Ken?"

"That old lady over there just winked at me. And now she's making really weird eyebrow raises at me."

I spun around to see this myself. And, sure enough, there was this creepy old lady hitting on my boyfriend! "Ahh! Ken, let's just skip the movie, eh? Sound good?"

"Thank you. Let's dip."

We made sure to walk very far away from that freaky old kook.

After that failed attempt at a date, we made our way to the pier. The same place where we shared our first kiss. We were all smiles when we remembered.

Beaming, Ken bent closer to me, resting his head on my chest as we stood under the same lamppost as that night. We were inches away from each other's lips…

…When a band of roller skating punks flew by, yelling, "Fags!"

Angered by this scene of injustice and prejudiced behavior, I shook my fist at them and yelled back, "Straight homophobes! Go home and jack off!"

They didn't hear me, but everybody else on the pier did. Ken and I decided that that moment would be our perfect opportunity to leave.

Next we thought that we'd make our way along to the arcade. It was a perfect place for a date. For guys, I mean. Anyways, it was dark in there, so no one would really notice the hand holding I was trying to accomplish.

We were playing a Jurassic Park game (you know, the big one where you sit down. It has a big screen and two guns. Costs about 8 bucks to finish it all.), and I was doing pretty darn good.

After Ken got a game over, though, I did pretty shaky. Hey! It was hard to play the game right when my boyfriend dropped himself into my lap and started to kiss my neck.

"K-Ken, I'm t-trying to ahh… play a game h-here. I'd reely app-pp-ppreciate it if you ahh.., umm, get, …uh, off… me..."

The little brat smiled down at me, a hint of devious playfulness in his violet eyes. "What way would you like me to take that, love?"

Paling at the words spoken to me, I began to stutter again, losing a life as my eyes were distracted by Ken's own. Slowly, Ken bent a little further down, locking our lips in a soft kiss.

Not even noticing my game over, I pressed harder into the kiss, dropping the gun to wrap my arms around Ken's waist.

Running his fingers through my hair, I gasped at the touch, and frantically slid my tongue against his lips. We were getting heated, just about to get a first try at first base…

…When the curtain to the small booth opened and two 9 nine year old boys stared at us, eyes wide as dinner plates.

The taller one with green hair instantly said, "Ewww! Their making out!"

"They remind me of my sister and her boyfriend. They do it just like that, too."

"Gross! Are you two done?"

Scared out of our wits, Ken and I just stared with horror at the two naïve boys.

"Well, are you gonna play on or are you done with the game?"

Nodding slowly, I smiled at Ken. For once that day we weren't being looked down upon for being gay, gay together. We politely made our way out of the small game booth, handing some of our leftover quarters to the two boys.

"Thanks mister! You're way cool!"

Before we could stammer a `you're welcome' and head on out, the shorter boy with silvery blonde hair blurted, "That's not what this game's for, is it?"

Confused, I cocked my head at the young'in'. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, this game isn't made for a make out spot, is it? Cause I don't think I need to see that anymore. I see enough with my sister."

Ken and I quickly looked at each other and burst out laughing. Between giggles, I said, "No, don't worry. I think we're the first to do that."

"Oh."

The taller stuck his head out through the curtain. "Hey mister! You got a high score! Aren't you gonna put your name in there?"

Almost not believing it, I stuck my head in. Sure enough, there was my score in third place. Quite the accomplishment, if you ask me.

"Cool!" I said, and entered to shot my initials in. It took about 10 seconds, and then I exited again to join my koi next to the short kid.

Popping his head out again, the taller kid asked, "What's TNK stand for mister?"

Ken snapped to face me, his face wide in a smile and lightly blushed. "You didn't."

But I did.

And I smiled back to answer him.

After the incident at the arcade, Ken and I thought it'd be best to make our way for lunch. Incidentally, we just so happened to go to the same place as some of the older digidestined.

Sitting in a large round booth was Tai, Matt, Sora, Izzy, and Mimi. In that order.

Seeing Matt, I waved over at them and led Ken by his hand to their table. Sliding in next to Tai, I smiled at everyone there. Matt gave the two of us a knowing grin as Ken slid in reely close next to me.

Now, Tai isn't an idiot; he caught on real fast. "Awww, ain't that cutezies? Are you two gonna kiss or something?"

Izzy, being the genius he is, smiled at us. "You two? That's so, um, uh-"

"Iz, it's okay to say adorable! Which you two are, really." I beamed at Mimi, who beamed back. She could be such a sweet heart.

The only one who couldn't catch on was Sora. "Huh? What about them two? What's going on?"

Matt blinked at her, frowning slightly. "Um, you don't see it?"

"See what?"

Tai answered before anyone else could. "That they're the most perfectly awsomeness couple ever!"

A small circle of giggles murmured around the group of older digidestined, Ken and I blushing profoundly. Sora kept a straight face, though.

"Them? A couple? How gross! Don't even joke like that Tai."

The giggling halted, all eyes on Ken and me. Not even taking my glare off the stupid red-head bia-bigoted fool, I said, "You've got a problem with us? Being gay? Being gay together? Cause if you do, you'd better leave, before I cut your throat out and put it into a blender and hit the liquidate but-"

"Takeru." Although my brother directed his contradicting tone towards me, I could tell that he was really trying not to go through with what I just said.

Sora, who was horrified by what I said, gagged. "You two are seriously homos? Takeru, I've known you for a long time. Sweetheart, don't let yourself fall into that pit. It's, well, it's not you."

Matt started to growl lowly. I glowered at her, gritting my teeth. "You don't know me then, if you think that."

She rolled her eyes and turned to Matt. "Yama, you aren't going to let your brother be gay, are you?"

"Well, if I did that, then I'd be quite the hypocrite, wouldn't I?"

I whipped around to face Matt, whose face was as hard as stone. Whoa, what did my brother mean by that?

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"What I mean is that you're sitting next to a gay guy."

All was quiet as the rest of us sunk this information in. Waitaminute, Matt never revealed this information to ME.

"Okay. I guess I'll be leaving you homos to yourselves. Tai, Iz, Meems, you coming?"

Tai glared at her. "Hey, I'm bi man, so if you got a problem with gays, you've got half a problem with me."

Sora, desperate, turned to Mimi. "I live in New York hun. Gays run all over, and most of my best friends are gay. Case and point, Tai, Matt, Teeks, Ken and Michael."

Standing up, Sora motioned frantically to Izzy, who remained sitting. "Really, Sora, I don't see anything wrong with gay people. Maybe it's you that has the problem."

Fuming, Sora climbed over the table and left the restaurant abruptly. Just as she departed, in walked Kari and Davis, hand in hand. They made their way towards us, sliding in next to Mimi.

Almost simultaneously, Matt and Tai turned to each other.

"You're gay?"

"You're bi?"

"You finally admitted big brother? Honestly."

Tai twisted to his smiling sister. "How did YOU know?"

"For one, I'm your sister. I know these things. For two, I read your diary."

"It's a journal! And how much did you read?"

"A lot. Including the part where you obsess about your undying love for a certain guitar playing blo-"

Before she could finish, Tai flung a fry at his sister, who ducked into Davis' chest so she wouldn't be hit by it. But the damage had been done.

Matt smiled at Tai. "You like me?"

"No."

"Really?"

"Yes he does."

"Shut up Kari!"

"Yes he does."

"Shut up Motomiya! How would you know?"

"I also looked into your diary."

"Journal! It's a journal!"

"You like me?"

"Yes dammit! I'm so in love with you that I obsessively write in a notebook everyday about every little detail you have! I'd be your flippin slave! I'd do anything for you! I want to be with you night and day! I've been obsessing about you for almost three years now! I'm dying inside cause you'll never see me beyond a very good close friend! And now I'm spilling all this information in front of not only you but all our friends and now you're gonna hate me forever! Especially when I go on about all the fantasies my sick gutter mind thinks of! Somebody stop me before I go on about last night!"

"Ahhh! Tai, as much as we love to hear you spill all your inner secrets, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we don't need to hear about your hot wet dream with Matt tied to your bed and you in leather pants."

Poor Davis just doesn't know when to kick it. Tai lunged over the table, attempting to wrap his fingers around my friend's throat. "I DID NOT MEAN THAT TYPE OF DREAM YOU CRETIN!! TAKE IT BACK!!"

By this time, everybody was standing up around the booth, which seems impossible, but it is; just really uncomfortable and slanty. Kari was feigning horror as her boyfriend was about to be slaughtered by her furious brother. Obviously, she didn't mind that much at all.

Matt and Ken were the only ones slightly worried; Matt worried about Davis' life and Ken worried about Tai's rage. Which to me is kinda confusing. I mean, Matt and Tai are best buds and Ken and Davis are almost as close as I am with Davis. Oh well, I guess maybe you can figure it out.

Anyways, Matt and Ken managed to pull Tai off Davis, who was slightly shaken by his near-death experience. Finally calm and somewhat collected, Tai remembered everything that had just occurred. Groaning and hiding his face in his hands, he tried to wiggle his way past me and Ken. But Matt held him back.

"No!! Let me go bury myself under a rock. Or my face in the sand. Or crawl over and die. Or shoot myself. Or have somebody shoot me. Or join the American Navy. Yea, I like that one. That way I can leave the country and never see anyone ever again. And I can have the option of burying myself under rocks, sand, shooting myself, or being shot by the enemy. Now excuse me, I've got to go sign up."

But Matt wouldn't let go. "No way. I mean, now that I found somebody who will be my slave and fulfill my every whim, including that leather pants part, I'm not letting you go anywhere."

Uncovering his face, Tai looked at Matt. "Huh? You're supposed to hate me! And then you're supposed to let me go join the Navy. Now take you gay-best-friend-hating hands off me and let me go!"

"Unless you forgot Tai, I'm gay too. I just admitted it for the first time."

"Really?"

Hey! I had every right to bring this one up. I am the little brother here. I deserve to know theses things before everyone else.

"Don't worry Teeks. Oni-san over here decided to keep it a secret from me, too. But I'm too smart and sneaky. It's just that you're oblivious to these things and couldn't see the obvious; your brother's soooo gay."

Matt began to blush, but still not letting go of Tai's shoulder. Luckily, before Matt could growl something I'm sure would be related to Kari dating `a dumbbell idiot', the said `dumbbell idiot' interfered.

"Kari's right TK. You're pretty darn oblivious. I mean, it took you ages to figure out that Ken was the one playing you, not the other way around. And that Ken had always liked you."

I turned to Ken, who was glaring daggers at Davis. "Really?"

He wavered a shy smile at me. "Umm, yes… sorta. Now I getta kill Davis."

Tai laughed. "Nu uh! Me first. You can have him afterwards."

"Hey hey, there will be no killing me, you hear?"

"Why would they wanna kill you?"

Everyone turned to look at the new people who had arrived. Yolei and Cody were standing in front of the booth, both watching us as we stood in very awkward positions: Davis kinda crouching behind Kari, Mimi and Izzy laughing on each other's shoulders (although Mimi's a bit taller than Iz), Matt still holding Tai's shoulder loosely, and Ken and me standing a little bit more closer than usual.

"What did we miss?"

Immediately, Kari and Davis burst, "Two brother's came out of the closet and those two have finally revealed their relationship," and Tai and Matt burst, "We lost a friend, we came out of the closet and those two finally are letting people know that they got a clue," and Izzy, Mimi, and Ken burst, "Don't ask, long story, don't wanna know," and I burst, "Stupid pop on popcorn, ugly oldie hitting on MY boyfriend, straight phobes at the pier, make out session interrupted by 9-year-olds, heat from a bia-uh bigot named Sora, and these two idiots not getting that they should just get together like me and Ken."

It was a looong day. Were you expecting me to keep it all in? Hel-loo!! Of course, mine was so much longer, so everyone heard it all. And everyone gave me a real weird look.

"You and Ken? That's hot."

Giving a horrified look at Yolei, who was drinking Tai's milkshake (how she got it so fast, don't ask me), I gaped. "Eww, that's stupid Miya. Don't say that."

"But you two are."

"Not you too Kari!"

"Oh, so hot! Do you mind if I could join ya next time things get wild?"

Slapping my face in humiliation, I thought of a thousand ways that Davis could die a horrible death. "Dai, you really want to drop dead today, don't you?"

"Hey! His name even fits it! Dai, die! Perfect! Now I won't feel guilty when I cut your throat open. I can just blame it on your name. Somebody hand me a knife."

Matt sighed and leaned into Tai, who blushed like a tomato at the contact. Obviously, Miya doesn't miss a beat either. "Heh, you two too, huh? Man, is everybody pairing up lately, or what?"

We all shrugged. Honestly, it was like a trend or something. Hey! Hook up with your friend! Doesn't matter the sex! Don't worry, it's cool.

After lunch, we all went our separate ways; Yolei and Cody to her parent's store to hook up on some chocolate treats, Kari and Davis to go "make out", Mimi and Izzy to go shopping (I don't think Izzy had much say in that one) since Sora was off being homophobic, Tai and Matt to the park to "discuss things" (we all know that they made out while swinging on the swings), and Ken and me onto our next and last stop of the day.

"So, quite the experience, huh?"

"Yep."

"Life's interesting, huh?"

"Yep."

"I see you don't mind the hand holding anymore, huh?"

"Nope."

I smiled like a fiend. I couldn't help it. Ken and I were squeezing each other's hands tightly, and we both didn't care who was looking or anything.

Making a left and the street corner, I led Ken into a coffee shop that I love. Munky Mocha Bean. It rocks. We went towards the back, next to a jukebox; my favorite seat in the house.

"I've never been here before."

"I know."

We stared at each other's eyes for a moment, lost in each other's vibes of emotion. Suddenly, getting an idea, I stood up and said, "Hey, wanna hear some music? I'll put in something."

Looking at my selection, I picked two songs. The first one reminded me a bit about me and Ken's earlier predicament and the feelings involved. The other one was just cause I loved him so.

Sitting back down, I held Ken's hands with my own and listened to the words, watching Ken as he did the same.

/Time does tell/

/That even if they say so/

/She'd be the one that would know/

/That I did do what I've done/

/And I/

/I wouldn't call it cheating/

/I'd just say I was leading her on/

/Why walk while I run away/

n.n

/You/

/You ask me what went wrong/

/Me/

/I'll write you this last song/

/Please/

/Just tell me one way I can win/

n.n

/One/

/More thing before I go/

/Two/

/The one who loves me so/

/Three/

/Don't make me count to three again/

n.n

/Happy Endings/

/Just what did you do/

/If you're a dream then come true/

/Stop pretending/

/That what you mean isn't what you say/

/Hopeful dreaming/

/Of times before the pain/

/Wishing it was still the same/

/Loving, leaving/

/Round and round we go again/

n.n

/Walks alone/

/Have often led to thinking/

/My love for you is sinking to what seems/

/An all-time low/

/Or high/

/The limit's never ending/

/And you don't you know I'm sending/

/There's no venture I won't go for you/

n.n

/You/

/You ask me what went wrong/

/Me/

/I'll write you this last song/

/Please/

/Just tell me one way we can win/

n.n

/One/

/More thing before I go/

/Two/

/The one who loves me so/

/Three/

/Don't make me count to three again/

n.n

/Happy Endings/

/Just what did you do/

/If you're a dream then come true/

/Stop pretending/

/That what you mean isn't what you say/

/Hopeful dreaming/

/Of times before the pain/

/Wishing it was still the same/

/Loving, leaving/

/Round and round we go again/

n.n

/She walks away/

/She talks away/

/She walks away/

/She talks away/

/She walks away/

/She talks away/

/Away/

/Away/

n.n

/Happy Endings/

/Just what did you do/

/If you're a dream then come true/

/Stop pretending/

/That what you mean isn't what you say/

/Hopeful dreaming/

/Of times before the pain/

/Wishing it was still the same/

/Loving, leaving/

/Round and round we go again/

n.n

/Happy Endings/

/Just what did you do/

/If you're a dream then come true/

/Stop pretending/

/That what you mean isn't what you say/

/Hopeful dreaming/

/Of times before the pain/

/Wishing it was still the same/

/Loving, leaving/

It was perfect, was it not? Every time he heard something relative to our relationship, Ken would laugh and crinkle his nose at me. It was perfect.

Throughout the song, I thought about what I was thinking last night. Would Ken and me be together forever? What would happen when we went back to school? Would the pressure of teenagers push us to break up?

Would people like Sora torment us and hate us until we went back to being "normal"? Would we be shamed by our parents and classmates and teachers? Would the principal tell us that it wouldn't be "school appropriate" for us to be going out? Would he make Ken go back to Tamachi for school?

My mind flooded with thoughts like those, and some even worse. Things I wouldn't've ever worried about before, gay or straight, started to haunt me. They haunted me right to the ending of the song and through the beginning of the second. The one that would tell Ken just how much I loved him.

I remembered this. I remembered everything that I used to think. All you need is love. Yea, all I needed was Ken. We'd be okay, either way we'd get through it together.

No more thinking negative, I listened to my song to Ken. Our song, forever more. Ken seemed to like it, too. And I thought it'd be a bit out of date for him. ^^

(a/n: the underlined part is the backup singers. Also, mine as well say this: I do NOT own All American Rejects (or Happy Endings) nor am I Hall and Oates (or own You Make My Dreams). Thank you. Continue on then)

/What I want, you've got/


/But it might be hard to handle/

/Like the flame that burns the candle/

/The candle feeds the flame yeah yeah/

/What I got -- full stock of thoughts and dreams that scatter/

/And you pull them all together/

/And how I can't explain oh yeah/

/Well well you/

/Oooh ooh ooh ooh/

/You make my dreams come true/

/You you/

/You/

/You you/

/Well well well you/

/Ooh ooh ooh ooh/

/Oh yeah you make my dreams come true/

/Ooh oooh ooh ooh/

/Hell yeah/

/On a night when bad dreams become a screamer/

/When they're messin' with a dreamer/

/I can laugh it in the face/

/Twist and shout my way out/

/And wrap yourself around me/

/'Cause I ain't the way you found me/

/And I'll never be the same oh yeah/

/Well 'cause you/

/Ooh ooh ooh ooh/

/Hmmm hmm you make my dreams come true/

/You you you you/

/Oh yeah/

/Well well well you/

/Ooh ooh ooh ooh/

/Ooh you make my dreams come true/

/You you you you/

/Oh yeah/

/Listen to this/

/I'm down on my daydream/

/All that sleepwalk should be over by now I know/

/Well you hell yeah you make my dreams come true/

/You you you you/

/Oh yeah/


/You you/

/I've been waiting for waiting for you girl/

/Oh ooh ooh ooh/

/Oh yeah you make my dreams come true

/You you you you/

/Me you me and you/

/I've been waiting for waiting for you girl/

/Ooh ooh ooh ooh/

/All my life/

/You make my dreams come true/

/You you/

/Whoa/

/You you/

/Whoa whoa I've been waiting for waiting for waiting for waiting for waiting for waiting for waiting for/

/You make my dreams/

/Ooh ooh ooh ooh/

/I've been waiting for you girl/

/You you you you/

/You make my dream you you you you/

"I love you Ken."

"I love you Takeru."

Yes, we'd be together forever and after. And that, my friends, is how we met on the net. Now go home.

[fin]