Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Wolf ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9:

"OW!"

"You deserved it!"

"I did not! No one deserves to have one of your dirty socks thrown at him!"

"There was a shoe to!"

"Yeah, but you have some nice shoes. I just might have to keep them!"

"Hey! Give me the shoe back!"

"No! You threw it at me!" Takeru stuck his tongue out at his older brother. He then obtained the other shoe and put both on.

"TAKERU!! GIVE ME BACK MY SHOES!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

The two chased each other around the room.

"Gotcha!" Matt yelled as he tackled T K to the floor.

"Humph. The only reason you caught me is because I tripped on YOUR shoes!"

There was a sudden knock on the door, and both boys jumped.

"We should have been more quiet." Yamato hissed at his younger brother.

"Never mind that now. Who is going to answer the door." Takeru whispered back.

"I will. It might be dangerous."

"Okay, but take a gun and put on a disguise."

"Disguise? What kind of disguise can I put on right now?"

There was another knock at the door. "Just a minute!" T K called. He didn't answer Matt, and instead he dumped a glass of water on his brothers head.

"Why did you do that?" Matt sputtered.

"Say you just got out of the shower, and it makes your blonde hair look brown."

"Sure" Matt rolled his eyes, as Takeru hid.

He grabbed the gun and walked to the door, opening it just a crack. "Yes?"

"I got some mail for a Mr. T K Patamon."

Matt laughed at his brothers lame fake name. "Yes I will take it."

He opened the door the rest of the way and took the letter. The man bowed slightly, and left after he collected a tip.

Matt turned around, and glared lightly at the bed. "Well Mr. Patamon, your hiding spots are as good as your fake names."

"Ha, ha," T K rolled his eyes as he climbed out from under the bed. He snatched the letter from the older blonde, and plopped down on the bed to read it. "It's from Daisuke."

"Well duh. Who else would write?"

"I dunno. He says everything is okay. Ken is clearing up some of the police problems.

When did Ken come into this?"

"How am I supposed to know?"

Takeru shrugged and continued to read. "Wow, it seems all of the digidestined have re-met."

"Really?"

"Yeah, they all showed up at the hospital."

"Oh," Matt paused and looked down. "Is Tai alright?" He asked softly.

"Yeah Daisuke says he is fine." Takeru read a little further, then laughed. "At least he is okay except for the part about missing you."

Matt looked up at his brother. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah, and it goes on to say……"Takeru paused, then blushed lightly.

"What's wrong?"

"Daisuke is being really expressive."

"Expressive?"

"Yeah, he keeps saying how much he loves and misses me."

"He always says something like that when you have to go into hiding."

"Not this much he doesn't."

Matt took the note from his brother and sat down beside him. He skimmed over the letter quickly. "Wow, that is more than normal. What's up with him?"

"I don't know." Takeru got the letter back. "Anyway, Tai and Daisuke are just fine. They are staying at Koushiro's apartment till we can come back. Hey, Daisuke said there is another letter in the envelope. He says that he didn't tell Tai that he knew where we were, but somehow Tai knew anyway. The note is for you from Tai."

"Really?"

"Yes! What is the deal with you asking me `really' today?"

"I don't know." Matt mumbled as he looked around for the envelope. When he found it, he offered no mercy, trying to get the letter out.

Takeru watched with a vaguely amused expression. "A little desperate aren't we big brother?"

"Shut it." Matt again mumbled. He finally got the letter, and sat down on the bed with Takeru reading over his shoulder.

When he had finished, Matt sat up and looked at his brother. "Are you going to write back to Daisuke?"

"Of course."

"Good, cause I am going to send a letter to Tai with your letter."

Takeru sighed. "Why can't y'all just leave us out of this?"

"One letter is safer than two."

"Fine"

Taichi's note to Yamato had been short but sweet. Oh so very sweet in Matt's eyes. Tai

had said how both him and Daisuke had proclaimed their love in front of everybody, and how he would do it again. Tai knew that Matt would be worried about the beating, and Tai comforted him with saying it wasn't bad at all, and he didn't even have to stay at the hospital long. The one thing in the letter that really got to Matt, was a reference to one of his favorite memories with Tai.

After finishing the letter he would send back, Matt lay down on his bed. Takeru still sat up writing his letter, and watching a little television.

Television.

****Memory****

"No, come on, please Matt?" Tai begged. "I love this show."

"But Tai, it has no plot. It is just pure stupid ness."

"Stupid ness?"

"Oh leave me alone."

Tai perked up slightly. "Oh? Is that what you want?"

Matt's eyes widened as he realized what he had just said. "No! Wait, I mean, umm, no?"

"Well it ain't gonna happen anytime soon partner!" Tai latched himself to Matt.

Matt turned three shades of red. `Please move, please move!' He internally pleaded. `Why did that stupid teacher have to pair me with him of all people?'

"Besides," Tai continued, oblivious to Matt's discomfort. "We still need to finish the project."

"Yeah, so lets forget the television and start."

"Alright" Tai finally released Matt.

Matt immediately missed the contact, but he knew Tai had only been joking, and that hurt worse than the lack of warmth.

"Hey, what's wrong with you man?" Tai asked, noticing Matt's sad and thoughtful expression.

"Nothing" Matt said quickly. He stood and the two walked to where their science project was located.

"Okay then," Tai looked a little unsure. "How about I start building the catapult, while you find the report."

"Fine" Was the abrupt and only answer Tai got.

They both started to work. No conversation flew about the room. The only sound was the keyboard Matt was typing on, and an occasional grunt from the struggling Tai.

Finally with a growl of frustration Tai threw his supplies down on the table. Tai glanced

over at Matt, only to find the blonde was completely ignoring him.

"Hey Matt?" Tai asked softly.

No response.

"Hey Matt?" Tai asked again a little louder.

Still no response.

"Matt!" He called.

This earned him a growl. Yamato slowly turned around in his chair. "What?"

Tai cringed slightly. "I need some help." He stated meekly while staring at the floor. He heard a sigh, and the chair being pushed back.

Tai didn't look up, and instead he just walked to the table where the pieces of wood sat.

"What's the problem?" Matt asked.

Tai glanced up at his science partner. The other boy didn't seem too annoyed yet. "Well," Tai began. "I can't nail the catapult legs or support thingies into the base."

"I will be right back" Matt turned and walked off.

Tai sighed as he watched the blonde walk into another room. Why does he have to be so rude? Tai had seen Matt when he wasn't rude, but lately every time the two were together, Matt was almost cruel towards Tai. No body else really seemed to notice either.

Well, that was because Matt only acted like this when it was just him and Tai. They were supposed to be best friends, so what was wrong?

A sudden hand waving in front of Tai, dragged him from his dream world. Tai looked up to see Matt staring at his curiously.

"You sure are thinking about something pretty hard."

"Yeah." Tai answered vaguely.

Matt looked at Tai again, but decided to ignore it. He walked over to the catapult pieces.

"Hold the support leg up." He told Tai.

Tai did so, and watched in amazement as Matt drilled the leg into the base. It worked like a charm. The same result came from the other side.

"Is that all you need?" Matt asked.

"Yeah, thanks."

Matt nodded and walked off to put the electric drill away. Tai began to work on the catapult again. He felt Matt walk up behind him, but didn't turn around.

"Are you sure that's all?" Matt asked again.

"Yes. Why do you keep asking?"

"I don't want to go back to typing the report."

"Oh" Tai paused in his work. "Well if that's so, then there is something you can do."

"What?"

Tai planned on asking Matt why he had been acting so odd lately. He turned around, and almost gasped at how close they were standing. `You can do this.' He coached himself. `Just don't look at his eyes.' Tai looked up, and made eye contact. `Crap, crap.' He

thought as he began to get lost in the blue oceans.

Unconsciously the two began to move closer, till their faces were almost touching. Their lips were only a few millimeters apart. They could feel each other's breath on their face.

The apartment door suddenly opened with a bang. The two boys jumped apart from each other, both very red in the face.

"How's the project coming along boys?" Mr. Ishida walked in. He stopped when he noticed the red faces. "Is it hot in here or something? You two must have been working very hard. I will turn on the air conditioner." The man walked off, while Tai and Matt tried to avoid looking at each other.

Mr. Ishida walked back in. "Well, I am sorry but I can't stay long. A have a business meeting tonight, and since they are feeding us I am going to leave enough money for a pizza. Bye you two!" The oblivious man waved and quickly left.

The two boys stood in silence a little longer. Then with out a word Matt went back to the computer, and began to work again.

Tai sighed. "Matt?"

"What?" The answer came out as a growl so fierce that it made Tai cringe again.

Suddenly Tai lost his patience. "What is your problem?" He demanded.

"My problem?" Matt turned around in the chair.

"Yes! What's the deal with you treating me like crap every time we are together? You never want to hang out anymore! We are supposed to be best friends, but that is not what it seems like!"

Matt actually felt pretty bad. He hadn't really meant to act mean, but he couldn't just act normal either. Matt knew his feelings. His feelings would make Tai ignore him forever.

"Well Matt?" Tai broke into his thoughts. "Don't you have anything to say? Any excuses or reasons? Did I do something?"

`Tai do something?' Matt thought. `Is looking too beautiful for words doing something?'

"Reasons?" Matt's voice came out slightly choked. "The real `reason' is something I know you don't want to hear."

"I think I do Matt!" Tai shot back. "What is your problem?"

"I……" Matt began. "I can't tell you." He hung his head.

"Why not?" Tai demanded.

Matt didn't answer.

Tai growled and banged his head against the nearest wall. "Matt you need to tell me!"

"Fine! When we go back to school and see our friends again, they are going to wonder why we are acting so weird, why you won't talk to me, and why I seem so sad and depressed. It will be all your fault too! Just because you can't leave me alone!" Matt had tears running down his face.

"What is the big deal Matt?" Tai asked worried about his friend.

"The big deal? The big deal is the fact that I am in love with you!" Matt suddenly stopped crying. He didn't run, or turn red, instead he calmly turned and went to the couch looking like he was he a slight daze.

`That was rather dramatic' Tai though to himself. He walked over to the couch and sat down near but not to close to Matt.

"You don't have to stay." Matt stated calmly, while staring out the window. "Don't feel obligated to comfort me or try to explain yourself. Just go. I can finish the project by myself."

Tai ignored him. "Do you remember a few months ago when I started to act kind of weird?"

"If this is some story to try to comfort me, please leave."

"I will take that as a yes. Anyway, I started to act secretive and I stopped hanging out with all of our friends." Tai glanced at Matt, but Matt's face was emotionless.

He continued. "The reason was because I had a boyfriend."

A flicker of emotion crossed Matt's face, but he still didn't look at Tai.

Tai sighed but still continued. "The guy was fun to hang out with, and when he asked me out I just accepted. We went on a couple more dates, but I just felt I couldn't tell anyone."

"Is there a point to this story?" Matt interrupted.

"Yes"

"Then get to it"

"Fine, the guy tried to kiss me on our third date, but I couldn't do it."

"That's your point?"

Tai growled softly. "No, the point is the reason I couldn't."

"That would be?"

"Because I realized I didn't want to."

"That doesn't really make much sense."

The two on the couch were now making eyes contact again. With each sentence they had gotten closer and closer, absorbed in each other's eyes.

"Matt," Tai said softly. "I didn't want to because I had realized I loved you. I wanted you to be my first kiss."

Matt didn't respond, as Tai looked pleadingly up at him.

Suddenly in one swift movement, Matt closed the gap between their faces. Tai whimpered happily, as the kiss deepened. After a few moments the kiss was broken. Tai had ended up sitting in Matt's lap, with their arms around each other.

"So what kind of pizza are we going to order?" Tai asked softly, as Matt trailed kisses down his neck.

***End Memory***

Yamato smiled in his sleep. Takeru watched him, debating on the best way to wake his `dear' brother up.

He decided to do it a simple way, and pounced on Matt, landing square in the stomach.

"OW!" Yamato sat straight up, and pushed Takeru off the bed.

"Why can't you just wake someone up the normal way?" He asked while rubbing his stomach.

"What's normal?"

Matt rolled his eyes. "What do you want anyway?"

"Your letter. I am going to go mail them."

Matt handed the letter to his brother, and watched as the younger blonde quickly left the room. Matt sighed and laid back down on the bed. He couldn't continue hiding much longer. He needed to get out and see Tai.

TBC

Sorry it took so long for this chapter to be put up! Actually it hasn't been that long, but still. I was updating my other stories. This chapter is really long, but strangly enough it didn't take me that long to do, because of the bunny dubbed Kojo that sits on top of the computer! Too bad he doesn't talk much. Please Review!!