Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Wolf ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Epilouge:

"Tai come here a moment." Tai cringed as he heard the words, but he couldn't disobey his boss. He followed the man into the office.

"Did you need something Mr. Osco?"

"Nothing really, I just wanted to congratulate you on a job well done with the new boy."

Tai smiled with relief. "Thank you sir."

"No I really mean it. That boy would look great on the cover of a magazine, and will now that you are his manager. He wouldn't listen to anyone else, not even me, but he sure respects you. Keep up the good work."

"Yes Sir!"

"Oh and Tai? You are getting a big promotion soon. I can smell it."

After that meeting Tai could practically skip home. And he did. There were so many things going perfect, and so many others to look forward too. Like the dinner Matt had promised after Tai had told him about the meeting with his boss.

After the skipping and the running Taichi was panting for breathe as he reached his door.

He walked in the door to smell the dinner cooking. Matt was a very good cook, and lately he had devoted a lot of time to it. Tai worked, but after Matt came out of official hiding, he tended to stay at home while Tai left. The brunette didn't really mind however, and in fact in encouraged his boyfriend to stay home so he would stay out of trouble.

Tai walked into the kitchen to greet Yamato. For him, life couldn't have gotten better.

~*~

The room was silent. Outside, sounds of cars driving on the street could be heard. Tai snuggled closer to the blonde next to him, as he stared up at the ceiling.

Why do people never put decorations on the ceiling?

Dinner had gone just as he had expected it too. Perfect. Well, with one minor exception. Yamato seemed a little nervous.

Taichi shifted uncomfortably as he though about the way the other had acted. He wasn't hiding something was he?

No way. Tai mentally rolled his eyes at himself. Everything that had happened to him in his life just made him so paranoid.

He should be happy with the way things are, and stop trying to find faults in everything.

After all, life was perfect. Wasn't it?

~*~

"Tai come here a moment." Mr. Osco called down the hall. Tai was just about to take his lunch break, but the order from his boss cut all other thoughts out besides `promotion.'

"Yes sir?"

"Tai yesterday I told you I could smell a promotion, but I can not smell it any longer."

Tai's eyes widened in surprise. Had he done something wrong?

"I can see it." The older man handed Tai a few papers. "This is your new job description. Why don't you take the rest of the day off to read it?" The old man's eyes twinkled a little. "Good job. I am proud of you."

Tai's jaw was slack for a few moments. He finally managed to get out a `thank you' before he stumbled out of the office and towards his apartment.

`Won't Matt be surprised?' Tai decided to not call and instead just show up. Maybe he would trick the other into thinking that he had been fired or something, because he was home so early. As he approached his door he took a deep breath and slowly opened the door.

"What do you mean you are sorry!? Sorry isn't good enough!"

Tai's eyes widened in surprise as he heard yelling coming from the living room. He quickly ran to the room and stood in the doorway, frozen with shock.

Yamato was yelling at someone on the phone. Tai held his breath as the other started to yell again.

"Oh it won't happen again huh?" The blonde sneered. "Oh I am sure it won't." His voice dropped to a soft but dangerous level. Tai shivered as he remembered how scary Yamato could be. "Because if I ever see you, I will make sure…" The blonde's voice went to such a dangerous whisper that Tai couldn't hear. He didn't even want too.

Yamato turned off the phone with a loud sigh. He turned around and went rigid as he saw Tai in the doorway. `F***'

"Who was that?" Tai's eyes narrowed.

"Don't worry about it." Matt shrugged. "Plus, I doubt he will call back…..?" He gave a nervous chuckle. "So what are you doing home so early?"

"Don't even try and change the subject! I want some answers!"

"But Tai I……"

"Don't `but Tai' me! How long has this been going on?"

"Tai please, just let me explain….."

"Then go ahead and explain."

Yamato seemed at a loss for words. He seemed to grasp around. He opened his mouth to speak, but the phone suddenly started to ring. "I need to get that."

Taichi said nothing, but glared as the blonde answered the phone.

"Hello? Yes. I….. Well I can't talk about it now. Don't question…… Look I will meet you in a little bit okay? Good. Bye."

Matt hung up the phone and turned to the brunette, not meeting his gaze. "I have to go." Was all he said as he pushed past Tai and went out the door.

Tai sunk into a nearby chair with a loud sigh. What had just happened?

~*~

Tai had plenty of time to think. He couldn't figure out what it was all about.

Matt came home after dark. He sat across from Tai at the kitchen table.

"Tai…..I….. I'm sorry."

Tai continued to look at the table as his face remained emotionless. "Don't worry about it. I don't want an explanation. Just….. whatever it is get it over with quick. Then we won't talk about it anymore."

The blonde sighed and glanced out a window. "If that's what you want…… I'll try." He whispered the last part too himself.

It was an uneasy truce.

The truce lasted for the rest of the week until Friday. With his new position, Tai found he have an extra day off. He picked Fridays so he could have a three day weekend.

To fully enjoy the day, he slept in awhile. When he finally did get up, he found breakfast ready. He joined Matt at the table, and tension instantly rose.

The door suddenly opened making both of them jump. "Hey Matt, I got some more stuff I need you to look over." Takeru walked straight past the table which held the two men. "I have some stuff on a few shipments that are coming in. I know you said you didn't want to help anymore but I just need a bit of advice……..Oh S***, Hi Tai?" The young blonde had just seen the brunette.

Tai, however, paid no attention to him. All his attention was focused on Yamato. Such a glare has never been seen before.

"You are re-involved with that gang?!" Tai demanded, but continued before Matt could say anything. "I can't believe this! I finally think everything's going perfect and you have to go and ruin it! Last time we almost both died! Cops are still after you! And look at you going along not caring about anything else! I thought you cared about me, about us! Now, I see how wrong I was." Tai said the last line from the doorway, and after it was said he slammed the door shut.

The two brothers just stood there. One in shock, and the other with tears rolling down his cheeks.

~*~

Tai point of view.

~*~

I knew he was up to something, but that was not what I had expected. What had I expected then?

No answer. I don't have an answer.

I over reacted didn't I? I mean after all, I don't really know what he has been up to. It might not be all that bad. But still, what if he gets caught? Even if it's something minor, they will see his major faults as well.

Is this really even his fault? I keep trying to blame him, but maybe it is my own fault. For expecting too much, and being greedy. Greedy? Yes greedy. I thought life was perfect, and for me it was, but no two people have the same idea of perfect. I wanted everything to fit inside my little bubble. But it never will. I can't expect it too.

No I am not giving up or being pessimistic. It's just the way things are. I expected too much of everyone around me, especially Yamato.

He is who he is. He likes adventure and risk. I got all of that out of me years ago. I would like to relax a little now. I have a choice.

Relaxation and a typical life, or love and Yamato?

Sounds easy, but it isn't.

~*~

Takeru had left his brother after awhile. He didn't want to, but Matt had insisted that he wanted to be left alone.

Yamato stared at the door, hoping that at any moment Taichi would walk through. He couldn't believe he still thought the other would return. He was gone. Matt knew Tai deserved better than him anyway.

Yet……...

He couldn't give up.

The door opened and Tai suddenly walked in. Yamato didn't know if he was imagining it, or if Tai had just come by to get his things, but he didn't care. The blonde instantly threw himself at the other, talking rapidly with apologies.

The brunette fell backwards at the sudden weight increase, and landed on his bottom. He didn't care though. He heard the apologies, and mirrored them with his own.

Laying next to each other, holding one another in a tight embrace, the two let their feelings, and apologies run together with their tears.

~*~

Tai point of view

~*~

I know what I need now. I need him. I will do anything for him. If he wants dangerous, I will follow to the end of the world. I don't mind lying to a few cops for him.

~*~

Yamato point of view

~*~

After all we have been through, this has to be the final test. I know he realizes what I am like. But does he realize I know what he is like as well?

He wants something sturdy and reliable, relaxed and easy.

I know this. I will do anything to give it to him. He deserves it all and more.

~*~

Third person a few days later

~*~

"Good luck Wolf." The blonde shook hands with his brother.

"Goodbye. I will miss you."

The brunettes standing next to them laughed. "For the short time I am taking him away? Trust me. It's going to be good for everyone."

The blondes joined in the laughter.

"You going to take good care of him for me Daisuke?" Yamato set his hardest glare on the younger brunette.

Instead of replying, Daisuke turned to Taichi. "I think you are right. He needs some time to reboot that glare. It just isn't as scary as it used to be."

Matt laughed. "No, you see. Only `Wolf' can give that glare. Watch out for Takeru when he is mad."

After a bit more joking around, the group finished their goodbyes. Matt and Tai headed home to pack. They were destined for a vacation. T K and Davis headed back to work. They had a few cops to shake now that they ran the `Wolves.'

"You what Yamato?" Tai asked once they were alone in the room.

"What?"

"No matter what Takeru and Daisuke do with that gang, I will always think it as yours. And you as the Wolf."

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

The End.

Wow. I think I just wrote something that I actually like. Amazing. Please review! I am going to send out emails thanking everyone as soon as I find a bit of time!