Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Yamura ❯ From Sapphire to Ruby ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Yamura

Chapter Three: From Sapphire to Ruby

The clatters of high-heeled boots were heard from afar as she increased her speed by each step she was making. Her heart was throbbing, feeling like it wanted to be ripped right of from her chest each time she wanted to take air to recover her lungs. Her cloak swayed back behind her with the gesture of her movement while her chestnut-brown hair followed the wind, noticing that it was getting colder by the minute.

Grabbing her cloak real tight with her hand to cover her body, she wished that even though she was still outside in the dark; somehow she could manage to get away from them.

Taking a quick glance above her shoulder she recognised the same men following her a while ago after she started to escape. Hearing their shoes clattering throughout the neighbourhood; she knew she couldn't run away forever. Though her feet wanted her to move on and continue, her mind told her otherwise. Fighting. That was the solution.

But unfortunately, she couldn't.

Not this time.

Somehow, kicking there ass was something easier to accomplish instead of running away like a small dog scared from its own master. No, she wasn't scared. Not at all. She was smart and could effortlessly defeat her enemy with a single snap. But something stopped her from hurting those guys. Not that she cared for their lives though, but something was more important right now that troubled her from the start.

Her brother.

As soon as she received his message on the answer machine, she didn't waste her time for packing up her clothes, but immediately took the first plane flying towards Japan. Knowing her brother very well, he wasn't the type of guy for asking help.

No. There has to be a reason for her to be here.

But what? It has to be something.

Something treacherous. Something that…

…Scared him…?

She knew if she wanted answers; she must get a way to get rid of them…And fast. After her arrival, she wasn't in the mood to fight when it came to her brother, but after these guys showed up she didn't have much the choice left than to struggle… Okay, she did some kicking and broken some bones, but still… They were alive.

And it was time to settle this once and for all…Even if it meant killing them.

Increasing her speed of running, she heard some groans of some annoying men behind her. Just then, she took a swift move into an alley from her left; just between two restaurants which were now closed by this time of hour.

Like she expected… This alley had a dead end. Of course, for her, a dead end was no obstacle. Being grateful toward her brother who trained her from the beginning; she knew exactly how to cross over without using much effort. But some people weren't as lucky as she was. Knowing that the only way out of here was…

… The way you just went in…



Lightning stroke; causing a flash that enlighten the environment.

Rain pouring down; making a rattling sound against the window.

Wind; the sound of a heavy storm slowly approaching.

But none of two top fighters were aware of what the nature was passing up that night. Their eyes were set on each other as well as the moon that was slowly appearing behind the chosen cloud.

The two stood three meters away from each other in the living room. Koushiro raised his hands to get himself in a fighting stance. One arm was extended toward his opponent, while the other guarded his rib cage. His stance was wide, but this allowed him to have equal movements with his legs.

Yamura sighed. This was getting far too simple.

He took the similar stance like Koushiro's only that he raised only single hand. Knowing that this battle won't last long, he didn't need to guard himself.

Of course, Yamura hasn't forgotten about the half-naked woman left in the corner to hide herself. She was pretty shocked herself as well mentally than physically, he had noticed. Being number one for reading people's expression, he was glad he could use it on Mimi.

Reading her face like he would read a book, he sensed fear, shock, confusion and…sadness? What's this? She's sad?

Feeling her aura, he sensed her shivering. Not due the cold, but from the weight on her hand. That's when it hit him. She was still holding his gun!

Gazing his eyes towards the gun then to Mimi, he knew something was wrong. 'Could this be that she's afraid of guns?' Pondering what the answer would be, Yamura left his fighting stance, leaving a puzzled Koushiro and walking up toward the girl.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" A cursing Koushiro yelled.

Ignoring this, Yamura held Mimi's both hands, feeling it stopped shaking, and with a look that she couldn't quite describe, he picked the gun from her.

"You don't like guns, do you?"

The concern and the desire for the answer that he was holding was a sign for her to look up and to get lost in the blue orbs of him. But she quickly retreat her eyes and found the carpet rather interesting than to answer his question.

Seeing that he was reaching a sensitive subject, he let the answer slip away and maybe… just maybe he could ask it to her again. Now, with his back facing her, he mentioned for her to go into the next room, which was the kitchen.

"You don't need to see this. Go inside." His voice was monotone.

"B-But, Yamato!" It took all her courage to get her voice to speak. Her eyes weren't set on the carpet anymore, but once again in his blue orbs. Yamato had his face once again turned towards her.

"Leave her, Yamura…" Koushiro's interfered. "It's not my fault she wants to see you dead…"

"We'll see about that." The voice of Yamura was still monotone, but it held a hint of annoyance directly to him.

Mimi's eyes sprung suddenly wide open when she sensed a hand pushing her shoulder while the other overtook her mouth. She felt herself being led towards the kitchen door of her house. But just a few meters away, Yamura leaned forward, closing his eyes and hiding it behind his bangs. This made Mimi struggle.

"Please, Mimi, stop and listen to me." Feeling his breathe near her ear was making her shiver, causing her to calm down and to be lost in his touch. "I sense you've suffered a lot seeing how a gun can make you shudder…" At hearing this, Mimi's eyes were wide open than before. (If that was possible) "I can't let you see this… Sorry…"

Before she had the time to react, Yamura had already pushed her hard against the door which flew open from her weight, where she collapsed on the ground with a thumb while tripling. Looking up, she saw Yamura giving her a sad smile before closing the entrance. Feeling the protest that her legs were making, she ran toward the door only to hear it click in front of her.

'No… Yamato!!"

Mimi couldn't believe it! He was going to face him alone! She knew this was his job, but she couldn't just let him go like that. With her last strength, she banged the door once more, before shrinking down. A tear slid down her face, closing her eyes and wishing that this was all a dream.

"Please be okay… Yamato…" Her voice whispered.

Yamura stopped dead in his tracks when he was a few meters away from the door and turned his head back again. Maybe it was the wind or something else, but even after the thumps dimmed down, he heard a soft plea along with his name. Sighing to himself, he knew this was the right decision. He didn't want her to see the battle that was going to take place…let alone in her own house.

"I hope you didn't forget me?"

"Of course not… How could I forget an old, malformed creature like you?" Yamura's voice snickered. This was fun.

"How dare you! If you haven't pulled that shit on me I'd still had my face!"

Sensing that he was reaching his limits, Yamura turned around, placing his gun back on the side of his belt and regained his fighting stance. Just like before, he only held one hand extend. He still thought he didn't need to guard himself.

"You fucking bastard! You have a gun!" Koushiro declared. "This is a fight with fists, so no guns allowed!"

"Oh, and since when do you follow the rules?" A cocky grin appeared on Yamura's face. "Looks like that hit I gave you on your skull finally put some sense into that brain of yours…" This was so amusing. He only needs to break his barrier and then…

"You asshole! You'll pay for this!" As Koushiro said this, he charged himself towards Yamura. He didn't care if he must wait till the moon appeared from that cloud. He didn't care if Taichi was going to load him full of shit at him. His only desire was to kill the man who made fun of him and the one who ruined his life as well.

Expecting his sudden outburst, Yamura held a bold expression seeing Koushiro charge at him. Starting the fight with a roundhouse kick, Yamura saw the attack coming and stepped aside, only to block it. That didn't made Koushiro end and continued on with his punching and kicking; making sure he could hit him in the abdomen, but only found out it had all been blocked by his arm or leg.

Enraged, Koushiro leapt backwards and was back in his fighting stance.

"I was expecting a better challenge…But maybe after that hit lost half of your strength, don't you think?"

He was doing this again! Koushiro was slowly losing confident in himself, but no way was he going to show this to him.

"I know what you're setting up, Yamura…" Koushiro's words caught Yamato's attention. "You're planning to crack me with that made up shit of yours, well, I've got news for you, bastard. It won't work!"

"Who said I was making this up? It's true, you know…" Yamura shrugged.

That was the last straw. Without warning, Koushiro leaped up high from the ground and with his extend leg, he was ready to hit Yamura in his ribcage, but found once again it was being blocked with two strong hands just a few centimetres away from him. A wicked smirk appeared making Koushiro's eyes widen. He was in some kind of reverie once he connected his eyes with his. No. They weren't blue ones he once knew, but red. The colour of blood and hatred towards the person.

Yamura grimaced. He loved to see his opponent in a state like this. He could almost feel Koushiro's heartbeat by each second that passed. Nothing was more wonderful sensing fear in someone's eyes. But the best of all is… their scream. A scream that held terror inside.

For Yamura, blocking the attack was as easy as stopping a ball from a child. And since his opponent wasn't any kid that played on the playing field, he didn't have to get sweet on him. His red orbs drew attention to his leg that he managed to block and before Koushiro could predict what his next movement was; Yamura took a hold of his leg and turned it 360° around with a speed that no one could match.

By the time that thunder stroke, rain hitting the glass and shelter, a piercing shriek was heard…



Mimi froze at her spot. A scream. Not a regular scream, but a scream that held terror in it. Was it Yamato? Or was it the other guy whose name was Koushiro? She didn't know. All of this made her more curious than she already was, and yet she feared for the results.

Knowing that she couldn't get away and seeing that the kitchen had no windows, she was stuck in her own house with two people who want to kill each other. And hearing a scream made her wonder. What if it was really Yamato…? What will become of her? Will she be dead? That was pretty obvious by now since she figured that a bunch of criminals were after her and having a small visit by some assassin…

But still… What will actually happen if she wasn't the one who found it?

With her back against the door, she sighed. Hugging her legs while her head rested on her knees, she tried to remember the scene back then before she was pushed inside; anxious with the last words before he was facing his opponent.

"I sense you've suffered a lot seeing how a gun can make you shudder…"

How on earth did he know that? Was she really that noticeable?

Shrugging her thoughts away, she waited for the outcome of the battle and the person who will be walking through that door…



The scene was rather disgusting, but it looked like Yamura was having pleasure on seeing how he managed to do it. Koushiro lay with his back on the floor, while a leg was rather hanging from its original place. A strain of blood was marked on the carpet and the hearing of light gasps coming out from his mouth indicated that he was still alive. But for how long?

"Y-You fucking b-bastard!!"

Yamura narrowed an eyebrow.

"W-What did y-you do to m-me!!" Koushiro gasped. Not for air, but from the pain he was feeling.

"Really, Koushiro. You, being an assassin and killing your opponent throats must know what I did to your leg." Yamura replied amusingly, yet with a sense of bitterness. "But since your brain doesn't function so well, it looks like I have to explain all of this by myself."

Crossing his arms, he kneeled next to him while his red eyes pierced through his. "What I did to you was no normal thing. I've turned your bone 360° from its original state. Because of this, your muscles followed along and it was being split apart during the process, giving you a feeling which you now know as pain…" The last sentence was left with a smirk.

"Ugh- You - You son of a b-bitch! I will make you p-pay for this!" Koushiro cursed, taking a deep breath and wincing by each movement he was making.

"Really, heh? And how are you planning on doing that?" Yamato clarified him. "Your leg won't budge an inch let alone trying to stand on it. And if maybe you would be able to walk, which I highly doubt, you won't be able to fight anymore…" He had a point. "Yep, face it, Koushiro. Your time as an assassin is over!"

"I-I…"

This was bad for Koushiro. Although, he didn't want to make this clear; he was defeated. Again by his most hated enemy. How could this happen to him? Suddenly, Yamura took out the gun from his belt and watched it with interest when a grin appeared, making Koushiro's eyes widen.

"You know, I could easily kill you with this thing, but that will low me to your kind of level… So, I'll just put this away and maybe I'll leave you suffer like this…" When he said this, Yamura's eyes were hidden behind his bangs. "Yes, I'll make you suffer… just like you did to my brother…" His words were just filled with hatred and poison.

"H-huh? B-Brother? What?! I didn't k-kill your b-brother if that's w-what you think!" Koushiro exclaimed, taking another gasp.

"Shut up. You will not talk about him anymore."

He was positioning himself with his two fingers by stopping Koushiro's blood circulation if he hit the right spot in his neck, but that couldn't be accomplished. By the time he wanted to strike, something hit the window at full speed causing thousands of shattering glass being spread throughout the room, and with no sound of the wind but only the rushing movement; it neared Yamura's positioned arm, leaving an open cut and hitting the wall where it stopped instantaneously.

Gazing from the window towards the wall and then to his cut, Yamura stood up and noticed it was a small knife. Tearing it up from the wall, he let it in his hand to take a closer look. It was no normal knife, he assumed. By the construction of the blade and from the size of it, this wasn't made in Japan.

"Be happy I didn't slit your throat with it." A woman's voice caught Yamura's attention and turned around to be faced with a very attractive woman.

"And who might you be?" Yamura asked surprised, but didn't let it show to her.

"Who I am is none of your concern." Her voice was as like ice.

Because of the darkness of the room, Yamura couldn't describe her, but with a little help of the moonlight, he saw a glimpse of orange hair swaying back and forth by the movement of the wind. Wait a minute. Orange hair…? Where did he saw orange hair again? Yes, the Tokyo Tower. The place where…

"You! I've seen you before!" He pointed an accusing finger.

"Hn… Of course you did." The woman acknowledged him. "I was there when it all happened. But for your information; it wasn't me and neither him," Pointing towards Koushiro who lay between the two, "who killed your brother… Although, I'd love to kill him with my own hands, he just wouldn't let me…" She finished her sentence with a soft chuckle.

Yamura's fists were clenched till his knuckles were white. This girl was just asking for it! He wanted answers. Considering by her uniform, she was some sort of ninja; sensing she would be superior with her knifes that was visible on both of her sides.

The woman in front of him must've been related with the events that happened on that day, he thought. He saw the orange hair before, but her face was still unknown to him. Thousand of flashbacks were pending back. Events he rather wanted to erase than to remember…

Taking the first step, Yamura leaped high in the air, but a flash of five knifes run into him bringing his actions to a halt, and feeling the sharp blades taking a peace of his black outfit where he was dragged painfully against the wall.

He was stuck.

Glaring towards the woman, he noticed two other men standing next to her. Wait. They weren't standing there before! Although, their faces were fully hidden behind the darkness, Yamura knew exactly where they came from. Their uniforms informed him everything! They were Frontiers. One was carrying Koushiro on his shoulder, while the other was holding his gun; for fear that something went wrong. Of course. Seeing the battle made it obvious. Nobody can overcome Yamura.

"I'd like to stay a little longer, but something came up. Bye bye, Sweetie…" With that said, the woman sends Yamura a kiss with her hand and with a snap if her fingers, they disappeared along with the wind… Like they've never been there at the first place.

"Fuck!"

Yamura struggled, but those things kept him pinned against the wall. With a lot of effort and leaving several of cuts on his arms and legs, he managed to free himself of her claws, letting the fallen knifes jingle when they touched the ground. With a swift movement, he was already in front of the broken door made out of glass.

''Shit, I let them slip away!' Cursing himself for that, his red eyes slowly turned into those blue ones we are so familiar with.

There he stood. Thinking of a way to track them down. But how? He could use the Digimon HQ for that, but it always gave him the same results. Nothing. Nada. It was like they never existed! Sighing, he turned around and went towards the kitchen.



Her heart skipped faster. First that scream and then a woman's' voice she never heard before. Then totally silence. Does that mean the battle is over?

But she got her answer sooner than she had expected. Hearing the doorknob being turned, it opened and because of putting her weight on it, she fell backwards, hitting the ground with a soft bump.

"You okay?"

Mimi's eyes blinked once, twice… before it shot open and to get lost in some pair of blue ones she slowly got familiar with. A hand was extending toward her. Gratefully, she accepted it and a smile appeared on her face. Her heart felt relieved. He was still alive!

Yamato was surprised once he opened the door. He never expected to see a girl falling before his feet. Knowing that it wasn't just because of his good looks, Yamato kneeled down and waited patiently for her eyes to open. Extending his hand to her, he saw how gratefully she accepted it and as a reward, he got a smile. His smile.

"You okay?" Yamato asked her again not being aware of something; he was still holding her hand.

Mimi only nodded, but unlike, him, she was pretty aware of the situation. Trailing her eyes from her hands all along his arm her eyes shot wide open.

"You're hurt!" Mimi yelped.

Yamato only shrugged. "It's nothing, really… You don't have to -"

And before Yamato could finish his sentence, she was already out of his sight; in the direction of the bathroom. Man, this girl is really unbelievable. Running his fingers through his golden-blond hair, he froze when he heard a scream. With a speed that was beyond words, he was already standing next to her.

"MY HOUSE!"

Yamato sweat dropped. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to come after all… Shrugging, he noticed that the only item that covered her from being exposed was the towel and his jacket. 'This is going to be fun…'

"Um… Princess…?" He started, getting her attention.

But it looked like her eyes were set on the scene before her than being conscious what she was wearing that moment.

"Um… Mimi… You really need to know this…" He coughed, hoping this would work, but his eyes shot open when a hand got his direction. A slap… leaving a red handprint along the way.

"What the fuck did I do now?!" Yamato exclaimed furiously. He still didn't comprehend her. The first thing, she was like a damsel in distress, the next a violent woman. One thing was sure. He never did understand women…

"For not taking car about my stuff! That door cost me a fortune to buy it!" Mimi grumbled. "And you're going to pay all the damage!" Accusing him for nothing and poking him right in his chest.

"What!! No way am I going trough that again!" Yamato objected as he winced. "Stop poking already!"

He couldn't believe her! No way was he going to pay her shit again, like he wanted to call them. But he had to agree with her. Seeing your own house in a state like this was making you hysterical, take a note from Mimi. Yamato chuckled to himself. If she was already making a scene for this, what will happen if she knew that…

"AAAhh!! I'm naked!!!"

During the whole conversation and the picture of her ruined living room, she wasn't conscious that her almost exposed skin was barely covered by her towel and his jacket, until a soft chuckle brought her back to her senses and to look down only to find out she was naked…

"You-You!!" Pointing an accusing finger at him. "Why didn't you say this to me sooner?!" She shrieked when she tried to cover most of her skin that her towel and the jacket weren't able to do.

Yamato narrowed his eyebrow and chuckled again. "You don't need to cover up though… I've seen more of it than you could imagine…"

Of course, this was not true. He was only bluffing. He didn't know why, but he liked making fun of her, and it was more fun now that he got the advantage. But, unfortunately, he didn't know Mimi that well which led him into some deep shit, like some of us like to call it…

And that left for him the sound of a -

SLAP

And a word he was going to hear more often -

"PERVERT!"

A large sound of a door being shut made him confirm she was inside the bathroom, which was the second floor. Wow, did she really run that fast? Grinning, he picked his jacket from the floor and put it back on. She let it drop after that slap, he assumed.

Letting the woman with her thoughts and giving her time to put on her clothes, he found this the right opportunity to search for clues; left unnoticed by the Frontiers or maybe by that woman…



"Argh…Bitch…You-You--"

A final blow against his skull was enough to kill him. She picked the man by the collar and with an amazing force; she managed to throw him on the top of the others. None of them were alive.

This was so good. Cruel, but it felt… pleased. How pathetic, she thought. The last minute they were calling her 'The little girl' and now they called her, the bitch. But evidently, this was just a little challenge. She knew that Digimon Agents were simple to defeat. But she also knew that they were bad for her brother's organisation.

Shrugging, she grabbed her cloak tighter against her body and readying herself to leave the alley. No need to stay here any longer, she implied.

"Leaving so soon?" A male's voice countered.

The words hung a few moments in the air, before she was vigilant that someone was blocking her way. She grinned. If this guy wanted to fight then there was no reason for her to be afraid. Wait a minute. Where did that come from?

"Hmph… I don't see why I have to stick around any longer?" The girl clarified him wryly with a gesture towards the bodies.

Being in an alley gave you a disadvantage. The high building blocked the moon's rays which didn't show any of his features. But only a glimpse of a dark bandana and a black cape was all she could describe from the mysterious stranger in front of her.

"So, you like fighting, huh?" His voice chuckled. "What do you say if we have a little match here?" He announced. Getting himself in his fighting stance, he waited for her response.

She only laughed. That startle him, but left this unnoticed. "Really, you're wasting my time…" She smirked. "Didn't you see how I beat them up?" Reminding him of the fight with the Agents.

"Of course I did." Was his answer. He wasn't going to give up that easily. He wanted to see her fight.

"You still don't give up, do you?" She asked crossing her arms as another smirk appeared.

"Nope. And I don't intend on moving either without a fight."

Okay, this guy was just asking for his death. Heheh. This was going to be entertaining. Shrugging, she got herself in a fighting stance and tried to lock her eyes with his, but that was pretty hard, because nothing was revealed.

"You're just asking for it, buddy." Saying this on a dreadful, but cheerful tone. She licked her lips.

"Oh, cool… Now you've given me a name… I'm so pleased…" He chuckled again.

Even if he was asking for his death, this guy was starting to irritate her! Not wanting to wait any longer, she opened the fight with her famous three-punch combination. She wanted this fight to end quickly and to leave him all drained in blood on the ground.

But that will never happen.

All of her punches were easily blocked by the back of his hand leaving himself with a smirk. 'This girl is strong', he thought, 'but she will never overcome if it comes to speed'. He was faster and he was taking this occasion to prove it.

Blocking the next attack that she had in reserve for him, which was her five-hit combo, he immediately took hold of her both arms; feeling her struggle in the process, and with a speed that was beyond description, he got her pinned against the wall.

How dense could she actually get! This can't be happening! One minute she was facing him there and thought she got the advantage, the next thing he got her pinned against the solid wall in a very uncomfortable position. How on earth did he do that?! She didn't even saw him coming and using an attack. She didn't even saw him move! But even if she was in an awkward situation, she started to struggle even harder than before when his face leaned forward.

"I must say… You're pretty strong for a little girl…" He whispered in her ear.

Those words made her stop for a few moments and getting lost by the slow breathing of his mouth next to her ear. How does he do that, she asked herself.

Sensing that she relaxed, he smiled at himself. Girls were so easy to tame, he chuckled. He withdraws his face away from her and before she had a chance to speak, he covered her mouth with his.

Her eyes shot wide open when she felt soft lips on hers. The kiss wasn't demanding, but more like a quick peck on the cheek. But even that, this was not her! She was an assassin! She could not fall in love with a guy she barely knew! Wait a minute… Who said a thing about love?

With all her attempt, she tried to struggle away from his kiss and it to her relief; it worked. She was surprised that he only started smirking.

How rude, he thought. Breaking a kiss. Oh well, maybe next time. With those thoughts, he smirked as soon as he saw her reaction. Leaning forward again, he whispered in her ear that made her shiver and being lost in his touch once again.

"We'll see each other soon. Till then, think of me…" The last sentence was left with a quick kiss on her lips, before he leaped up high in the air and disappeared on the other side of the wall.

Shrinking down with her knees, her only mind drifted on that one single person, asking a question that will hunt her down till her next meeting.

'Who was that…?'



"Pervert!" Her voice echoed through her house.

That made him laugh. Now she was also taking to herself! Maybe that was why he agreed to this mission. Wait… Since when did he agreed?

After he heard her leaving the bathroom and hearing another door shut, which he informed it would be her bedroom, he sighed. She was taking her time… That allows him more time to investigate the whole area. What he expected was there of course. Broken glass, several damages on the wall and her furniture as well on her leather couch… oh shit… this was bad… Looks like her television got damaged too…

He didn't need to panic, although with Mimi, you never know. He just hoped that her assurance will take care of this or maybe somebody else as long it wasn't him!

Running his fingers through his hair, he kneeled down and tried to identify for any object on the grounds. Nothing. Only some shattering glass, but he didn't need that. He needed clues. Looking around if they were any item on the wall, a knife he didn't saw earlier was there next to her television set.

Rising from his position, he marched to the object he had his eyes fixed. Pulling it from the wall he glanced at it carefully. It was just like the other knifes from that woman, he noticed. Only this time there was a note written on it.

You were lucky this time, Sweetie .But I promise it won't happen again till our next meeting.

-PS: This bomb will be activated once it has been pulled. You have 10 min.

Reading those last words, he let the knife fall down and with a speed; he rushed into Mimi's room only to find her in her sports bra and short. Without giving her the time to protest, he grabbed her by the waist and pulling her on his shoulder.

"What on are you doing?! Put me down!!" She screamed, while punching him with her fist on the back.

"Shut up, will you?! I'm trying to escape here!"

"Wha-?"

Seeing her open window, he climbed on the fence, ignoring the yelp that she was doing. Making sure that Mimi won't be able to fall down during his jump, he grasped her hard against him and with a powerful jam; he skipped in the air only to land with poise on the ground with a soft thump.

"How dare you!"

Mimi was hitting him again hard on his back, only to make him more upset than he already was. Sighing, he grabbed her by the waist and set her down on the ground in front of him, and by the time he did that… Her house exploded, making the whole environment tremble from the sudden outburst. A sea of flames wrapped her entire house, making a gigantic dark cloud twirling above her roof.

"Nooo!!!"

Yamato sheltered her without hesitation. The explosion made a terrible pressure that sends them both on the ground. Flying objects soared into different directions and hitting the closest item. He tried to protect her with his body, but all she did was struggling underneath him once she saw her house burn down. He knew it was cruel. He experienced it before. Nothing was worse than seeing your own house burn in front of your eyes.

"Its okay, Mimi…" Yamato soothed, and taking her in an embrace.

This made Mimi lean over while her head rested on his shoulder. She stopped shaking, but she could not help herself to stop crying.

"No… It can't be…Why…?" Her voice held nothing than sadness, he heard. And this made him more furious.

Mimi sobbed harder than before. How crueller can they be, she thought. Her house. The place where her parents lived and died. The place where she grew up to be the woman she was now. All gone. Vanished among the flames. This was too much for her to bear.

Glancing back at her house, he sighed. Now, she had no home. This made him mad. How can they do this to her? Sighing, he stood up and dragged Mimi along with him. She was still sobbing. He understood her. Circling his arm around her, he led her towards his Viper. He was going to get his revenge on them.... Somehow, someday...They will pay.

But now, he had to make sure he could find a place for her to calm down about the events from today. Yes. He needed a place where she could stay and being secured till she was back to her senses. The only place he had in mind was bringing her back to the Digimon Headquarters. Not only for her, but he has to inform Jyou about this as well.

While walking with her towards his car, he cleared his mind of her destroyed house and was slwoly thinking of a way to track the Frontiers down...

To Be Continued…