Dominion Tank Police Fan Fiction ❯ is it for the best ❯ drastic change in character ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: yay I'm writing again but I own nothing except this coin I called it Phillip

Authors notes: well I was recently reminded that this fic existed I had almost completely forgot. I had planned to write it yesterday but instead I ended up listening to a live singing show. I'm not telling you who was singing not my place to but all I can say is that when she yells at people its never going to have the same effect.

Is it for the Best

Chapter 7: Drastic changes in character

This part of town was never a place a lone officer would go. Not even those in tanks would approach this part of town. The bad part of town lacked life as al looked upon it being lead by his two messengers. Saying something about his father asking for him. Al was confused and claimed that his father has long since past away. But when they brought out a concealed weapon and stuck it in his side he felt obliged to obey their wishes. Al was getting annoyed at the nuzzle of the gun shoved into his side.

The only reason they would bring him to this part of town was clear to him. When his captors stopped al got onto his knees and put his arms behind his head. If they were going to kill him they might as well get it over with quickly.

The larger of his two captors finally spoke. "Listen kid were not here to kill you that's not what you father wanted us to do. Now get BACK UP" he practically spat the last part of the sentence at al. At the time when al got back onto his feet and wiped down his uniform. The door burst open and a figure appeared. Al knew instantly who the figure was.

"Welcome son" said Colesman in a fake and yet warm voice. As he spread an open armed gesture that screamed that he hadn't been intimate or hugged anyone in a long time. Al turned his head away in disgust and said in a harsh whisper "I'm not your son Colesman" al expected to be shot at that very moment. And wasn't surprised to hear several guns safety's flip off.

Colesman beckoned for the guns to be withdrawn. "You have no need for weapons here for you see although he doesn't believe me now he will in time." Colesman reached inside of his suit.

Al winced as he expected the worse to come from this. When he finally broke open an eyelid to see what was holding up his imminent death. Colesman was standing in front of him grinning like an idiot in his hand was a sheet of paper battered and scrunched up in the years it had been kept stored away.

Al cautiously took the paper for the strangely disturbing grinning Colesman and unwrapped it from is storage. Inside was a birth certificate for an Alexander Colesman. "Alexander Colesman" Al's eyes narrowed " who do you think your fooling with the obvious forgery. I was born as Alexander Southwell and as a well known fact I'm not your son. If you want me to believe you provide me with more proof.

Colesman began to laugh. He had predicted this so he said simply to Al "look at the other pieces of paper in your hand dear boy" Al flicked through the four or five documents he held in his hand. An adoption document filling in a form for the adoption of an Alexander Colesman. An adoption document confirming Alexander Colesman had been picked up by the Southwells. A death certificate for a MRS Gail Colesman and a photograph of Al when he was four. His mother sitting beside his father as Al stepped out into the sun of a garden. Sudden tears welled up in Al's eyes. He could remember that memory and from the photo. The figure always hidden in the shadows of his memory was clearly shown.

Colesman hadn't been lying.

Al feel to the dusty ground defeated. His world had come crashing down if Colesman was his father that meant that although he spent a majority of his life with the force against his father he had been fighting his bonds as well as his past.

Al lost his mind to the harsh reality dealt to him.