Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anything Other Than A Slave ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Anything Other Than A Slave

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or DBZ. All though it would be really awesome we can't have everything.

Chapter 1

~*~*~*~

`Ahh, it's a beautiful day today.' Thought Kagome as she stepped out of her house. She started to walk down the cobble stone path that led to her car. She drove for 30 minutes until she finally reached the city.

She lived in the country and she loved it. It was so quiet. She stopped in a parking lot, parked her car and got out. She liked to walk through the city and watch all the hussle and bussle of people going by. Plus it was much quicker than trying to get through the traffic.

She was walking down the street when she heard a commotion in the alley she was passing. She back-tracked and looked down it to see what the noise was but it was too dark to see anything other than blobs. She thought for a moment and then decided to investigate. (AN: I know, totally stupid. That no sane person would ever do that, but this needs to happen in the story. Let's say she's really naive and she thinks somebody might be hurt.) She walked down that alley looking every which way for the noise. She turned a corner and kept walking. The noise had started up again and it sounded like it was coming from this direction. It almost sounded like . . . jeering. Suddenly, her eyes were flooded with bright light. It took her a moment to regain her senses but once she did, she gasped. `A slave auction? But those are illegal. What is it doing here?' her thought were whirring in frantic circles but then, she saw him.

~*~*~

~with Vegeta and in his POV (point of view)~

I was awakened with a sharp kick to the side. I immediately sat up on my knees and bowed my head in a submissive position. It's funny, if you think about it. Nineteen years ago, I'd have rather been beaten into submission than bow my head willingly, like a slave. Now, it's become so routine to just bow my head, kneel, and take my beating's silently.

One of the hardest obstacles for me to overcome was to obey the people who had enslaved me. Obey someone lower in class than myself. The easiest, not surprisingly, was the beatings. I had already had so many of them in my young life from my tutors that this was nothing new.

"Get up you worthless use of space." Said that man who had awoke me. He was my current master. I do not know for how long he has been. It's hard to keep track of time when you're being shipped in a crate that is barley big enough to fit you, day and night for who knows how many days, then to be taken out, paraded around like an animal, which is what most people saw me as, and then when no one buys me, to be stuffed back in the crate to move to the next location. Not without a beating of course.

I stood up in answer to his earlier command. Still staring at the floor like a good slave.

"Don't be expecting food anytime soon if you don't sell today. Hell, don't expect food even if you DO get sold." He laughed at the last part while clipping a leash on my neck. Unlike most of my kind, I don't just have the single collar on my tail, I also have one on my neck. It seemed the slavers thought me too much of a danger and so they took this extra precaution. He then dragged me out of the holding cell while other men came in to get the rest of the slaves. I heard a young voice whimper. Poor kit, to be chained so young. He is even younger than I was when I was first made a slave.

The boy had tried to talk to me last night. It seems that they had not completely broken his spirit yet which was surprising. Normally the young ones are the first to break. The boy, who had told me his name was Shippo last night, was straining against his collar as he was dragged out into the harsh sunlight.

It always reeked back here in the alleys. But this was the only place that they could sell us at so this is where they do it. We were lined up on a slightly raised platform and made to kneel so that our leashes could be tied to the planks that we were standing on. It seems most people didn't like their slaves higher than them.

I had been kneeling here for half of the day. We got out here when the sun was just peaking over the horizon and now it was midway though the sky and scorchingly hot. At least to most slaves it was. This kind of weather just reminded me of Vegeta-sei. The weather was like this on a mild or even a cool day there.

Most of the other slaves had started to sweat and were trembling as they kneeled. They all wanted to be sold so that they could get away from this master, but at the same time, most of them had known worst masters than this so they were hesitant to know another master or mistress that could possibly be worse.

Then, I saw her.

She was the most breathtaking woman that I had ever seen. And I had traveled quite a ways when I was young so that was some feat. She had wavy ravens wing black hair, with beautiful blue eyes that looked like they had green specks in them. She looked about 5'4, so that meant I topped her with 4 inches. She was wearing blue-jeans with a light blue top that hugged her frame nicely.

It was never a good thing if they were beautiful. The beautiful ones normally were the cruelest.

She stopped at the back of the crowd with something akin to shock and horror on her face. Almost like she was surprised at the auction. That was a laugh. She wouldn't be here if she wasn't here to buy a slave. They kept these things on a tight down low. They didn't want anybody to put them out of business. She looked around for a minute more and then locked eyes on me. If I had been close enough I, more than likely, could have heard her gasp.

~*~*~ With Kagome ~*~*~

He was a slave. Well at least she assumed he was a slave by the way that he was kneeling and chained to the floor. He had dark, midnight black hair that looked like it had dark blue streaks in it when the light hit it just right. His hair went straight up in a flame shape with the darkest eyes she had ever seen. His clothes were in tatters, and even if they didn't have any rips in them, they wouldn't be very good quality.

She realized that she was staring and quickly looked away. She glanced around at the other slaves and was appalled at the sight of a young kitsune being sold.

Kagome made up her mind then, she was going to help them.

She pushed her way to the front of the small crowd and gestured for the auctioneer to come over. He walked across the platform and bent down so that he was eye level with Kagome.

"Yes ma'am? Would you like to purchase one of these slaves?" He asked gesturing behind him at the kneeling slaves.

"Yes, I would. I would like that man over there," at this time she pointed at the man she had see, "and that young kitsune." Here she pointed at the kit that was right behind the man.

He then said "Alright" and started rattling off numbers for the two slaves.

"Just a moment, how about if I pay" here she said a lower number for both of them combined.

They argued for a few minutes. It seemed as though Kagome was born for the trade. The slave trader finally agreed on a price that seemed reasonable to Kagome. He walked off of the platform, motioned for Kagome to follow him while telling another man to get the two slaves that she was going to purchase. She followed the man to a room set up behind the platform.

He signed the papers, handed them over to Kagome to sign, and then proceeded to tell her about how to activate their collars and so forth.

"All right, as you know, the collars will automatically send a shockwave through their body if they disobey a command," here Kagome had to hide a grimace as the trader continued, "But if you want to punish him, all you have to do say is this word." He pointed to a word on the piece of paper that she had just finished signing that was in a different language. "Or you can say it in our language."

"And just what would that be?" She asked slowly as if fearing the results.

"Subjugation"

(AN: the reason that the slave trader could say the word and Vegeta not get shocked was because she had already been given ownership so the spell didn't listen to him anymore.)

She remained silent for a moment. Then took the papers that were laying on the desk and stood up. "Do you bring them to my house?" She asked since she couldn't simply walk them out onto the street.

"Yes. We will bring them by tonight at 9. Can I have your address please?" He held out a piece of paper. She quickly wrote down her address. "That's quite a ways away." He filed the papers in a vanilla envelope on his desk. "Well, be watching for us tonight ma'am. Have a good day." He said with a bowing of his head.

"Yes, I will." Was all she said as she walked out of the room. She took one more glance at the two slaves that she had just purchased. She hated those two words when they were used like that. She turned and walked out of the alley to head home and wait.

~*~*~*~*~

Well, what did you think of the first chapter? I thought it was pretty good compared to my other stories. But I'll never know if you don't review and tell me what you think hint hint. Pretty please? I'll update more if you do. Well, that's not ENTIRLY true but that's what everybody else says.

Here's a little quote or saying or whatever you want to call it.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes so that when you DO criticize them you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.

Courtesy of Rosie13