Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Medabots Fan Fiction / Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Operation: Mr. Right ❯ 1000 Reasons why the Fellowship should be Smacked... HARD (LotR) ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

---------------------------------------

Operation: Mr. Right

Chapter Four (Part One): 1000 Reasons Why the Fellowship Members should be Smacked.. HARD

By: Kolinshar Jackie-chan Benito

November 2002

---------------------------------------

A Sailor Moon Multi-Crossover. Currently Lord of the Rings.

---------------------------------------

Disclaimer: All standard disclaimers apply.

---------------------------------------

They were stuck. Of all things they could have been, they were STUCK! Usagi couldn't believe it. They had been walking (without a sound I might add, for the fear of waking some underworld demon that Gandalf was scared of) in this infernal place since.. well, she couldn't really remember. It had been at least a day or two since she had seen the sun. The only light she had had the opportunity of seeing so far was the crystal that Gandalf used to lead them, and the brilliant flashes of gold and silver that ended her transformation when she detransformed. Without a doubt, she was positive that she would probably be as pale as a ghost by the time they would get out of this wretched cave. And it was all Gandalf's fault.

They were stuck in a creepy cave with probably hundreds of creepy crawlers on the stone floor. Stuck in a dark mine that held some of the most dangerous dark world creatures in its depths. They were stuck in a mine where even Gandalf was slightly afraid to go into. Although he wouldn't admit it, it was pretty clear that he was down right terrified by going into this so called "mine."

But Gandalf was the one that got them stuck here in the first place. He had somehow got a mental map of sorts that marked their way out of this deep cavern.. twisted mind.

When they should still have been groggily trudging though the damp cave, what had they be happing to be doing right now?

Nothing in particular, that was for sure. They were standing in front of three pathways, two of them leading them to peril and death. Only one of them would manage to get them out of Moria. And Gandalf the Grey couldn't remember which was the one that would get them out of his dreaded place. He hadn't a single clue. Damn, of all the times to lose his memory.

Usagi sighed and sat on top of a rather large hunk of rock. She had so far avoided telling the story of the whole Sailor Moon bit. So far anyway. By that amount of time, she had been absolutely positive that they would be berating her with all kinds of questions. But they STILL were not asking? Okay, well, maybe they hadn't been asking per se.. Strider had backed her into a wall and threatened to beat the truth out of her. She had been saved by the bell; or in this case, Boromir. Usagi once again sighed. She knew her luck was going to soon run out.

About half a day's walk into Moria, a nervous Sailor Moon had exited her transformation. Being the only woman out of a whole group of men can really get to you after a while. Especially with the shortness of her fuku-skirt. The blasted thing's length seemed to get shorter and shorter every time her transformation became more powerful. Whoever designed her costume must have not known the definition of the word DECENCY!

After walking a bit more, they had rested a bit, and the hobbits wasted no time into launching a full-scale assault of questions concerning her transformation. How could she do that? And why was she wearing that short of a skirt?!

Gimli had muttered about woman's indecency the entire time they had been walking, so Usagi added that to Reasons to Detransform.

Usagi shook her head in mute laughter. She had a bunch of lists and forums that she planned to publish on the internet when she got home running through her head. She had to keep herself occupied somehow! Silence is not a very delightful game. And makes you become more aware of your surroundings and though in some cases it might be necessary, acutely watching everything in a mine gives you the creeps. So shw had started some.. lists.. like: Reasons to Detransform as Quickly as Possible; the Ways to Kill an Immortal Elf.

She had recently started a new topic that had items being added on at a rather alarming rate.

'The 1000 Reasons that the Fellowship Members Should Be Smacked.. Hard.'

She had developed a sort of scale on how hard you should smack them: slug them *hard*, slug them *harder*, and sucker punch them (with all your might) so that they wake of two weeks from when they had been knocked out.

Reason 421: Lack of decency and maturity to the habits of woman. [Slug them *harder*]

Reason 370: Indecent muttering about woman's clothing. [Slug them *hard*]

Reason 192: The Fellowship's offensive remarks to woman's age. [Sucker punch them]

Also, Usagi had found out a very mortifying fact a few nights ago. She suddenly found out the reason why that dratted cat Artemis could hardly tear his eyes away from the senshi when the entire group transformed. They would be naked for a couple moments before their original clothes would restore themselves. And Usagi had found out the hard way. Baka little hentai's.

Every mouth had dropped to the floor, their tongues practically falling out of place when Usagi had finished reinstating to her "normal" form. And Legolas was drooling. Agh. So much for hiding his true thoughts and feelings, as royalty was prone to do; him being a prince and such. Nasty perverted elf. Usagi now had a very large dislike for the Elven born prince. But what surprised her the most was the reaction Gandalf had done. The old man managed to keep some of his composure, but it was slightly unnerving to see the Grey Wizard quite like that.. all.. umm.. drooling.. Usagi shuddered. That was just nasty. That old of a guy.. checking her out? Suddenly regaining his normal form, he had cleared his throat and led the Fellowship on.

Usagi shook off the cold chills running up and down her spine.

When Usagi finally got out of this dimension, she would make sure that the little guardian cat of Sailor Venus would get a thorough beating by all the senshi. Usagi's stomach was doing flip-flops at the thought of what Haruka might do to the Guardian. Usagi snorted though. Artemis deserved what he was going to get. That feline hentai had been getting free peep shows since the beginning!

Sudden realization dawned onto her.

Would she be able to get out of this dimension? And who is to say that her "one true love" would be here of all places? The self-exiled senshi had failed to ask how many alternate universes there might have been. If they was supposed to be one of every possible reality, the number might be very high in the heavens.

Usagi cast a weary eye onto Boromir. He had the most shocked expression on his face when he had seen the more.. remote parts of the only female travelling with them as she detransformed.

'Note to self,' she thought wryly, 'never, EVER again detransform in a room of full-sighted men. Whether they be aliens or elves, or some sort of different species, men are men.' Usagi snicker slightly as she added another remark. 'Thank God Mamoru-baka is far from that!"

Back to the man on topic, Legolas seemed to be egging Boromir onto Usagi as well. She wasn't that blind to see that coming.

With another long, and dramatically mournful sigh, Usagi turned her head away from the son of Gondor.

Suddenly Usagi froze, her eyes snapping wide open as her senses stretched themselves to their full potential. The reaction had caused all of the people nearby to look at her in concern. Usagi pain them no notice whatsoever. It had felt as if an elastic had snapped inside of her, it's retreating ends whipping all the nerves within her and gave her a nasty jolt. The eerie feeling moved through her body and goose bumps jumped up all over her body. Her figure went rigid, letting all the Fellowship know that something was happening. Her built-in Evil Alarm was going nuts. There was something coming closer to the group.

But she's not to say that her Evil Alarm hadn't been sending her tremors of warning through her entire body since the minute she had met the Fellowship. Her Evil Alarm had been trembling with unspeakable measure.. since she met Frodo. This band of men was either carrying something very dark and powerful, a definite force to be reckoned with, or.. someone in this group was a definite traitor and a close associate to the dark side.. or even both! Agh, she hated when this happened. Looks can definitely be deceiving.. but..

Usagi cast a more alert and serious gaze to each of the Fellowship members. Pluto's training manual was suddenly being pulled out again. And one of the very important things Pluto had taught her princess was that you should always know what direction you are going in. What the hell did that mean? Usagi had no friggin clue. But what she thought it meant? If you are following a group of people, you should know who the heck you are following; what you are doing following them in the first place; where they were headed; when you were going; why you are continuing to follow them; and HOW they were going to get there.

And Usagi had *NO* clue *WHY* she was following the Fellowship. Gandalf was the only one explaining anything to her. Somehow, she had already gained his respect and trust. Why and how? Usagi shrugged. No clue.

Anyway, they were headed to a place called Lothlorien to meet with an all powerful elf queen called Galadriel. This group of nine men had been set out from another Elf-dominated city called Rivendel. Usagi thought hard. Oh yes.. they were going to destroy a ring.

The exiled princess knew that this.. "ring" had something to do with their enemy, Sauron. No person would travel to a volcano called Mount Doom just to destroy a gold band. But honestly! Mount DOOM! The name itself was corny enough, but the stories she had heard from Gandalf about the place made Usagi want to stay far, far away from the relative area. And with all the stories of this Mordor place being a really evil infested area, Usagi felt that she had to do her "thing." And being Sailor Moon, the defender of love and justice, and also the destroyer of evil beings, she had loaned her services only to find herself being dragged up a mountain. Her group had also included the elf that had shot her in the shoulder with an arrow. That was just lovely. The wound had healed itself by now, but still. It was rather weird to be travelling with a group of people she hardly knew. Yet.. they had already earned her trust and respect. Except Legolas. She still needed more time with him. And of course, Gimli. Blasted dwarf and his damn muttering. Neither of them had learned to keep their mouths shut. The halflings were also considered part, but Usagi let it slide. They were so kawaii!

Back to the problem at hand, her Evil Alarm was still going wacko on her. Her senses seemed to sharpen ten fold as her cerulean blue eyes caught something moving toward them, maybe a mile or two away. Of course, *that* wasn't that close was it? But being she didn't know what the creature was, she stood and backed away from the edge which she had been peering down into, tripping over loose stones on the way. The small bits of gravel were just threatening to fall over the edge of the cliff and create the most infernal noise and racket.

Calming herself, she approached the edge once more and looked down into the uncertain depths of the mine. From her view, she could see the many floors which had been once used for mining. Moria was famous for a very rare metal in called mithril which had been once mined in its depths. The floors had been abandoned in seemingly haste as picks and shovels still littered the stone floor.

Wait.. something was moving. There! Two luminescent globes glowed yellow in the darkness and Usagi almost gave a shout in surprise.

She backed away in haste, only to bump against the leather armor of Aragorn. His clear blue eyes twinkled with unexplainable amusement, yet they seemed to be giving her the most questioning stare. She let her sight wander away from his clear baby blues and her eyes widened in slight surprise as she found that most of the Fellowship had leaned over the edge, trying to find out what had gotten Usagi so startled.

Then an indignant shriek of surprise was heard as Frodo scurried away from the edge in haste. He had obviously sighted what Usagi had seen. The three remaining hobbits hurried to the area he had once occupied to see what had Usagi and Frodo frightened. All they saw though was the still darkness of the mine. Aragorn was easily on his guard though, his hand travelling swiftly to the hilt of his sword, just in case.

But Frodo gave a hiss of anger as he murmured to Gandalf, unaware of how loud his voice actually was. Everyone was listening to the pair.

"There's something down there!" The Ringbearer 'whispered' to the old Wizard.

Gandalf had long ago settled down in front of the three archways, trying to remember which was the one that would lead them out. He sat, or rather squatted uncomfortably on a rather pointy rock. But his response to Frodo's exclamation astounded all in the Fellowship.

"I know."

Those two simple words immediately had all nine heads swiveled in his direction. Gandalf cast a stare to all of the group, his eyes void of the usual mirth.

"That creature.. is Gollum."

This immediately posed a reaction for Aragorn as his posture stiffened immediately. Still, he said nothing as all other's not knowing the Gollum character listened intently for what the wizard was about to say.

But Frodo reacted immediately, hate drawing on his features.

"Gollum?!" He spat out, as if it were a curse.

'Gollum?!' Usagi wondered. 'What the heck is a Gollum?'

The greying wizard nodded on cue. "Yes, I believe that he has been following us from the time we set out from out camp at the foot of Caradhras." Gandalf began entailing the facts that he had gathered so far, but Usagi's thoughts wandered.

"Umm.." Usagi interrupted. "Is that a good or bad thing?"

Gandalf cast her a sharp glare. Nodding shortly, he said, "A bad thing. A very grave thing indeed. Gollum works under the dark lord, Sauron." This immediately caught Usagi's attention. Sauron was evil. Really evil apparently; and with enough power to take control of all of Middle Earth. Usagi sighed. She had had more than her fair share of defeating bad guys who wanted to take over the world.

Gandalf continued, "Him trailing us means that he is after the One Ring."

One Ring. One Ring? What an indeedly twisted universe Usagi had found herself in. Honestly, the evil dudes going after rings? She would most likely thought they would go after an orb of power or something, but what the heck?

Anyway, so this Gollum guy had been following them since Caradhras. That could probably explain why she had been feeling the negative vibes from everything in the vicinity since. It was probably Gollum setting off her Evil Alarm. Usagi unconsciously let out a breath of relief. And here she was, about to accuse someone of treason, when it was probably Gollum. And now that that creature was closer to her than it had ever been, her inner alarm had been slowly getting crazier.

How wrong she was.

In a more relief, Usagi tuned in again to the conversation going on between Gandalf and Frodo.

All of the members were eavesdropping on the pair now.

Frodo's voice went dead serious, his voice cold as ice. It seemed as if someone had taken over, because this was not the Frodo Usagi had been slowly able to understand.

"It's a pity Bilbo didn't kill Gollum when he had the chance," he muttered, kicking a lone rock as gripping a chain on his neck tightly. Usagi's eyes widened once again. Frodo always seemed to be in the habit of tightly holding onto that item on his necklace. Was it a locket? The hobbit always seemed to have it hidden away in his pocket, or under the thickness of his clothes. What WAS he hiding? A ring perhaps?

But then his sentence struck a cord inside Usagi. Now, she had no clue who this Bob or BeeBee character was, but Frodo wishing that he or she had killed Gollum? Something was definitely wrong with this hobbit. On certain occasions, Frodo usually had an evil streak and pranced around in mischief with the other halflings, but Frodo wishing death upon another.. was well, rather and more so wrong than not. Gollum had upset Frodo in the worst of ways was Usagi's guess.

Gandalf gave his charge a sharp stare. Frodo couldn't find enough strength in him to continue a fight so he turned away from the old man's penetrating gaze.

"Pity!" Gandalf said, "Pity is what stained Bilbo's hands. If it weren't for his pity, either Middle Earth will fall because of it, or it will rise with greatness. Pity is what weakens most hearts."

Usagi startled everyone as she finally said something, being the first to talk in a rather long time. Turning to Frodo she told him the admirable truth. Her voice was soft, yet it carried a distinct painful chord to it. "Some people who died, deserved life. Yet others that lived deserved death. Would you be able to give it to them Frodo? Do not be so quick to judge and punish. It might very well be the end of you," She whispered, and then gave a sound that sounded much like a scoff. "I know I've tried more than I really should have to give everyone I know life. Even those who still deserved to have died. I gave them all the chances that I could afford, and even pushing beyond the limits and expectations and risking my life for the most evil and darkest of villains. There are many people who should be dead right now Frodo, but thanks to me.." she stopped and quietly said, "they are not. But there are many innocents that have died in my stead, many of them that should have lived to the ripe old age where they should have died a natural death. Should have."

Frodo gave her a surprised stare. Suddenly, his eyes cleared up and were revealed to be the bluest eyes she had ever seen. He nodded, understanding what she had meant.

Usagi stopped. Glancing up, she saw that all eyes were focused on her. She leaned onto the walls dividing each entrance and gave the most surprising comment.

"I guess I think it's as good as any time to explain my rather.. revealing light show that I did a couple days beforehand. What I explained shortly as me turning into a person named Sailor Moon," If any member of the Fellowship had only been giving a half ear's attention to what she was saying, it dismissed any doubt as all attention and complete consideration was focused solely on her.

"I am the reincarnated princess of the former moon kingdom. I am from a.. another plane of existence I guess. One thing is for sure, nothing in my world was ANYTHING like this!" Usagi chuckled. "No wizards," she glanced at Gandalf, who gave her a blank expression. "No elves or dwarves," Legolas raised an eyebrow. Gimli raised two, his thick uni-brow almost reaching the start of his hairline. "No hobbits," she also confirmed, glancing toward the shocked expressions the halflings gave her. "The Earth is dominated by man." Giving a sole glance toward the exiled King and Son of Gondor, she returned to her story.

"Let me start from the beginning.." From there, she unraveled her tale.

"1000 years ago, my earth years anyway, there was a great kingdom on the moon, other wise known as the Moon Kingdom. There, a great and powerful Queen named Serenity ruled over all in the Universe. This peaceful era was known as the Silver Millenium, as all the planets in the Solar System lived peacefully together .." And so Usagi continued her story, explaining the attack on the Moon Kingdom, and how she had been reincarnated as Usagi Tsukino.

She described her battles with all her enemies, Queen Beryl making her loose her life. From that battle, she learned the grave responsibility she had been given. Then the Alien twins, Ann and Alan came with the Doom Tree. Another Alien named Fiore, The Heart Snatchers, Mistress 9, The Pharaoh, Metallia, and then Galaxia, and all the other enemies they had fought in between, all resulting in deaths. But after all that had happened, she still did not want the power of Sailor Moon. Because with that came an entire destiny being placed before her with out her consent. It just.. happened. All she wanted was to be normal. Live a life without any magical powers. And with the knowledge that every single possible reality must have happened, she gave her blessings to her counter-part who had received the miraculous gift.

It was then that the Fellowship Members learned of a certain man named Mamoru Chiba.

"HE DID *WHAT?!*" Legolas shouted as he leapt to his feat, still as graceful as an elf can be when they are fuming with insatiable anger. Not that any of the other members disapproved of his un-elf like behavior. They too, were acting in similar fashion.

"WHY! When I get that little bastard I'm going to behead him!" Gimli roared, forgetting the fact that they were in Moria and his voice echoed into the still darkness.

Usagi held Gimli and Legolas in high approval now. How little things can make such a big difference too.

And Usagi continued her story of how he had dumped her in exchange for a nursing student going to the university he was currently going to. Boromir's face was red and he was thriving a sharp dagger in his hand effortlessly, and in the trying fact to relieve himself of his stress and anger. The hobbits had cried out in outrage many times during her story. Gandalf himself had the most incredulous look on his face and he was gripping his wooden staff rather tightly. But while Boromir was favoring his dagger, Aragorn's hands were itching above the hilt of his sword.

Usagi nodded her head. Yep, Mamoru was the cheating bastard that had drove her to the point where Usagi thought hard were her life was going. Did she really want to live the life that had been laid out for her, being the Queen and ruler of Crystal Tokyo? In all honesty, she had to give Mamoru some thanks and credit to where she was today.

Yes, surprisingly enough, Usagi was thanking Mamoru.

It had been him that had made her reconsider and go against her mother's wishes for the utopia of the future. For that, she thanked him. She never really wanted that anyway. BUT, it had been HIS fault in the first place that she had even reconsidered. Mamoru had cheated on her, and once was enough. Bye, bye love. For that, she absolutely despised the reincarnated version of Prince Endymion.

And then.. she ended up here. Good ol' Middle Earth. Home of the famous Prince of Mirkwood and the exclusive edition of the Rock Walls of Moria. How.. lovely.. *cough, cough*

The halflings eyes were focused solely on her as she finished. They stared at her in admiration and most likely fear. But Pippin was staring at her with a whole different resolve. He stared at her in astonishment, almost as if she was the largest meal they were ever see the day of; which was putting it lightly indeed. They were impressed.

And so, with the facts that she had trusted them enough to tell her life story to *them,* he found it enough to explain to her their mission.

They were off to see the wizard! The wonderful wizard of OZ! Or.. not..

Well, they *were* off to see a wizard named Saruman, who was some sort of traitor to the forces of light. And then they were supposed to accompany Frodo and defend him against anything that might threaten the prevail of the Fellowship. They were off to destroy the most evilest ring of all time. They were the Fellowship of the Ring. A group of nine set out to face all disasters that might come their way. And this.. ring, contained the very essence of evil. Be afraid.. be very afraid!

Usagi finally realized what had been setting off her Evil Alarm. It had been the One Ring! Usagi stared at Gandalf a couple moments after he had finished his explanation, trying to absorb all the information at once. Nodded her head in acceptance, she eyed the ring with disgust. Even with its nifty power to turn people invisible, evil was practically dripping from the gold item in buckets.

Then a startling revelation startled all of them.

Gandalf smirked and said in great relief, "We go this way."

He pointed a callused finger to the middle entrance.

All the members leapt to their feet, their legs slightly numb for sitting down for so long.

Pippin raised an interesting question.

"How do you know we go this way?" He asked, peering his head into the dark entrance.

"My dear Took," Gandalf replied, putting on his hat and righting his posture. "Because it doesn't smell so foul down here!"

Usagi froze. They were going deeper into the mineshaft with only the intuition of an old Wizard's nose? Great. *Just* DANDY.

Gandalf smiled in his mysterious way.

"When in doubt," he murmured, "follow your nose."

And with that, they ventured deeper into the cavern.

There was another reason to add to her new list.

Reason 73: Gandalf is insane. He follows the intuition of his *NOSE* when facing the probability of wandering in an endless mine. [Smack him on the head and give him the mother of all sucker punches]

-----------------------------

They had reached the entrance to Dwarendale a while ago, and they had returned to their silent hike. Only an hour or so ago, they had been talking amongst each other. Usagi gave the area another quick over. Hundreds of long marble pillars stood supporting the makeshift roof.

Her gaze caught Boromir's wandering eye and gave him a flirtatious wink. The man of Gondor's eyes widened drastically; and then he did the most unthinkable of a man of his stature. He blushed! Usagi's eyes widened a bit. So the stone-man of the shadows has feelings after all.

Haha! Strike for the Blonde Bunny! That man held definite appeal to her. Under all that armor, that man had one of the most gorgeous bodies she had ever seen. How she had known this rather interesting fact? Well, let's just say that when they had rested at the foot of the mountain, ol' Boromir had taken a bath in a nearby spring. One where Usagi had placed her sleeping bag next to as well. Usagi grinned at the memory and licked her lips in admiration.

Looks can definitely be deceiving.. but.. the looks of this certain guy can most definitely catch an appraisal. Hmm.. Boromir actually looked good! Well, under that usual monotonous stare and scowl, he had a definite charming smile. And the deepest grey-blue eyes she had ever seen. Absolutely beautiful. Usagi almost giggled out loud. Her half laughter caught the attention of an Elven prince.

Legolas' usual careful observations had caught the silent exchange going between the two. What kind of emotion was that in his eye? *gasp* Could it be?

Who was jealous now?

---------------------------------

Usagi now remembered *WHY* she had been afraid to settle down and sleep in the dark mine of Moria. It was not because they were at the possibility of being attacked at any given moment. Okay, well maybe that concerned her a bit. It was not the fact that there were hundreds upon hundreds of creepy crawlers on the dirty cave floor. Well, that too might have caught her attention.

But still, that wasn't the point. You see, every single member of the Fellowship except Legolas had the most peculiar sleeping habit. They snored. Loud. Very, very loud. And I'm talking about them individually. But when you group them *ALL* together, you get the mother of all freaking snores. If Usagi wasn't so annoyed and up to her neck in frustration, she would have laughed. Because each of the guys had a distinct pitch to their snore. Gandalf had a low snore, and Pippin had a very high pitched snore when he inhaled his air. All the other snore pitches fit somewhere in between. If you listened carefully, there were times that their snores would make the tune of "Batman."

Short snore, long snore. Short snore. Long snore, long snore, short snore.

AARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Legolas was currently on watch. And he was watching Usagi's dissatisfaction with great interest. Finally, she let out a deep growl in her throat and moved her make shift sleeping bag farther away from the group. Legolas was slightly alarmed. She had gone a little far.

Silently getting up, he walked over and took a seat beside the agonized ex-princess. This action was a rather courageous effort on his side as he was the one that had shot her. From what he could tell, her wound was no longer affecting her.

Usagi glanced up at Legolas. This certainly was an interesting development. He quirked an eyebrow at her and sat down beside her.

"Can't sleep?" He murmured softly, trying to hide the laughter in his voice. The Fellowship's snoring had been grating against his sensitive ears powerfully.

Usagi groaned and immediately nodded her head. "I can't even catch a wink of sleep. Those dunce's snoring is probably going to keep me up all night."

Legolas cast her a sympathetic stare. A sudden idea brewed in his mind, but it involved several risks. One being that Usagi would throw it in his face, and two, Boromir would skin him alive if he found out. Swallowing, he asked, "Bunny, hey.."

Usagi glanced toward him again, eyes questioning. She raised an eyebrow, but said nothing.

"Come with me for a moment, could you?" Legolas asked. Usagi nodded without hesitation. She trusted him enough now.

Legolas stood and walked over to his area of sleeping. "Try and fall asleep here. I can sing if you want. It might drown out their snores." He whispered.

Usagi's eyes filled with appreciation immediately as she grabbed her pack and sleeping bag and headed toward Legolas' camp. She sighed in bliss as he started to hum softly in elvish. She didn't know what he was saying, but the words sounded beautiful.

"Thank you so much, Legolas. You have no idea how much this means to me." She said as her slowly succumbed to her much needed rest.

Her eyes slowly went down drowsily as she whispered, "'night Legs."

Legolas' eyes widened a fraction. Great, now he had the most ridiculous nickname. Legs? Honestly! Of all the nicknames she could have chosen.. Legs? Why *Legs?* He sighed as he settled down to watch for anything that might alarm the camp. Still, that nickname was cute.

He sighed as he watched Usagi fall into deep slumber. Yep, Boromir was going to kill him if he found out.

------------------------------

^^ Usagi's Dream Which Somehow Brings Her Across the Dimensions ^^

Oh.. great. She was in *another* black void. Agh! Black of all colors! It was always BLACK! Okay, what was she going here again? She had already gone into the void a coupe of nights ago. Hey! Maybe it was--

There was a brilliant flash of light and Usagi was once again in her senshi fuku. And standing in front of her was..

--Rei.

"REI!" Usagi cried out in giddiness, running over to the senshi of Mars and wrapping her in a bear hug.

Rei's violet orbs were wide with surprise and shock for a moment, but quickly returned the strong hug. Tears streamed down her face. Rei leaned back a bit and examined her best friend.

Usagi didn't look any different, despite the fact that three months had gone by without a trace of her returning. Her family had gone into hysterics and Mamoru had only recently found out what had happened to his *FORMER* fiancé.

"Jeez Rei! What's wrong with you?" Usagi asked with a carefree demeanor.

Rei just gaped at her comrade-in-arms.


"Usagi! You've been missing for *MONTHS!* Your family thinks that you're *dead.* Where *are* you?!!" Rei asked mercilessly, barely keeping her temper in check. How *could* she say what was wrong with her, when Usagi had been the one missing for over three months!

Usagi sorely resembled a fish as her mouth remained open with a shocked expression. "What do you mean for months?! I've only been gone for two weeks at the most!" She bellowed back. Usagi did not expect her reunion with her best friend to be like *this.*

Rei continued. "How could you! We trusted you and then you were gone the next second! Mamoru was devastated!" Rei continued to tell her all the problems she had hidden deep inside her, and when she finished, she was feeling guilty on taking it all out on her.

Usagi felt anger brewing up inside her. How *dare* she accuse her of something like that! And as for Mamoru being devastated? Ha! Like *that* would ever happen.

"Rei, look I'm sorry that I left without telling you guys. If my.. mission doesn't go out like I planned, I'll come back soon okay? I don't know how soon that will be in your earth time but I will try Rei. Trust me, please," Usagi said, glaring hard into Rei's violet orbs.

But the priestess of Mars refused to back down. Protesting immediately, she was silenced as Usagi gave her a stern glare.

"Fine! If you won't just shut up and leave me alone as a request from a friend, I am ordering you as your *princess* to shut it and leave me be! If you are going to be like that, I don't know why you bother to contact me anyway.." Usagi snapped at her.

Rei forced back the urge to gape openly at her princess. She.. she used her authority on her. Woah.. that was new.

Usagi felt guilty about ordering her best friend, but she felt it was necessary if she planned to get somewhere.

"Sorry Usa-chan," Rei whispered and enveloped the blonde in a hug. "I'm sorry. I'm just worried and frustrated. All this pent up stress has got to go somewhere," Rei explained. To her surprise, Usagi laughed out loud.

"Usa?" Rei asked, quirking an eyebrow.

Usagi just giggled some more before stopping, "Oh god, Rei. If you really need to bad mouth someone, make sure it's Mamoru."

And with that sentence, Rei was truly shocked. "Who are you and what have you done with Usagi?" She whispered in a deadpanned voice. Usagi practically worshiped the ground Mamoru walked on. And now she was telling her to verbally abuse (putting it lightly) Mamoru?!

Usagi laughed out again. Their previous serious argument seemed like it never happened. "He didn't tell you?"

Rei looked at her incredulously.

"That bastard cheated on me!" Usagi laughed at the shocked expression on Rei's face.

"He-he-he.. WHAT?!!!!! Wait till I get my friggin paws on him. He's going to wish that he never met me," Rei said in total seriousness. Her eyes lit up once more. "Wait till HARUKA hears about this!!"

Usagi laughed, but froze as she felt the familiar tug that signaled she was coming back soon.

"I love you guys. Tell my parents I'll be back. I think I'm waking up now.." Usagi whispered and in a flash she was gone.

Rei stood alone in the empty void, her eyes widened in shock. Sobbing, she fell to her knees.

"Come back soon Usagi," she whispered, and then.. she was gone.

--------------------------------

"OW!! Bunny! Wake up!"

'POW!'

"Yeowch!!!

Usagi groggily opened her eyes. Her sight was still fuzzy and Usagi sighted a dim light hovering above her. Her eyesight cleared, and they intensity of the light above her increased. She closed her eyes again, trying to block out the rays of light. Slowly, she once again opened her eyes, and Gandalf appeared above her, worry etched out on his ancient features.

"Gandalf?" She murmured, groping the sides of her sleeping bag to try and sit up with some support. She felt a strong arms go around her to try and hold her up. Surprisingly enough, she felt very weak and tired, despite the fact that she had already fallen asleep.

Gandalf's wisdom filled eyes peered into hers for clues. She had woken the whole lot of them when she started thrashing around in her sleep. Incidentally, she had elbowed Aragorn in the face and Legolas was nursing a bruised nose. Then, as quickly as it happened, she stopped moving and her breathing returned to normal.

Usagi looked at him in confusion, her cerulean blue orbs blinking.

"My dear child, are you alright?" Gandalf asked in concern. Pippin popped his head above Gandalf's kneeling stature. His plump cheeks made Usagi smile at his innocence.

"Fine," she groaned out in a raspy voice, "Just dandy."

Usagi leaned back, only to find Boromir supporting her figure with his torso. Smiling at him, she glanced around and saw the state of condition Strider and Legolas were in.

"Strider? Legs? What happened to you two?" Usagi asked, an odd look of astonishment on her face. Not many people she knew could land a few blows on either one of them.

The pair only groaned and asked Boromir to explain what happened. The man of Gondor laughed.

------------------------------

'She was obviously lost in her thoughts,' Boromir observed as he maintained a constant vigil on her. She had refused to tell them what she had been dreaming about and resulting in a roughed up Strider and Legolas.

The ranger was rather surprised on the strength the girl possessed, but reminded himself that he was thinking about the warrior of the moon here. She was also an reincarnated princess that may have possessed more magical power than Gandalf. Of course she had the power to land a few blows on his face. But what he didn't understand was why she was thrashing around in the first place. And why had she been sleeping near Legolas' camp. When he had fallen asleep, she was on the opposite end of him. Hmm.. the exiled king cast a quick glance toward the two people on topic. They appeared to be doing nothing more than walking beside each other. Usagi was entertaining Boromir with stories of her fights, the hobbits and Gandalf paying attention to her tale as well.

And the Gimli let out a shout of surprise and his clunking armor echoed. He was headed to a small doorway on the right and disappeared from view. Gandalf called out his name in alarm.

"GIMLI! Wait!"

But his shout fell on the dwarf's now-deaf ears. Usagi hurried to see what had Gimli all riled up. Passing a dozen or so skeletons just before she entered the door, she fingered the bow she had handy ever since she had entered this place. She had not used it once, but something inside her told her that something was going to happen soon. Woman's intuition.

She entered a small room, and to her shock, she found Gimli weeping softly at the foot of what appeared to be a cement grave. She approached the whimpering dwarf slowly, navigating (to her disgust) around the skeletons that littered the room. Their armor was still worn proudly on the carcasses of the dwarves, told differently by the goblin and orc skeletons only by the armor.

Her eyes moved back to the grave, and the other members of the Fellowship slowly filed into the room. They gave silent compassion to their dwarf comrade. Usagi gazed at the encryption on the cover of the tomb, not understanding the language it spoke.

Gandalf answered her silent question though as he read outloud, "Here lies Balin, Son of Fundin, Lord of Moria. He is dead. It is as I feared,"

Gimli's cries of pain increased in volume. But a dusty book caught the wizard's eye. He thrust his hat and walking stick into Pippin's hands as he bent over and picked it up. It still lay in the embrace of another skeleton. He carefully lifted the bone and wiped some dust off the hard cover. Slashes lay marked on the pages, probably by a sword or knife, and blood stained the book. Turning to the last entry, Gandalf read aloud:

"They have taken the bridge and the second hall. We have barred the gates, but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes; drums, drums in the deep. We cannot get out. The shadow moves in the dark. We cannot get out.. we cannot get out.."

Gandalf paused and the tension in the room increased 100 fold. Gimli's cried lessened as he stood again silently and listened to the old man's words.

And there, on the last page was the final message the person wrote. The writing was scribbled, as though finished in haste and a line of ink was slashed further down the page.

Gandalf looked up slowly and finished the entry.

"They are coming."

Silence rained in the tension thick room. Not even an axe could cut through the tension filled area.

'CRASH!!!!!'

All heads snapped toward the well where Pippin stood by, his figure frozen as the skeleton he had pushed with only the slightest of pressure rattled all the way down. The chain attached to dead carcass slipped and the sound of the chain whipping in all sides of the well struck a nerve in everyone. The line suddenly went taunt and the pail that had been attached to the end banged down on all sides of the well as it too was pulled in. The sound of the items falling through the floors of Moria echoed everywhere in the cavern.

There were several minutes of intense silence, Gandalf's eyes glaring death at Pippin the entire time. After a while, Gandalf sensed that it seemed fine and he let out a short breath of relief. Everyone in the room followed in suit. Gandalf stomped toward Peregrine as snatched his hat and staff away from the hobbit's hand. Pippin gripped the air and then suddenly realized the items were gone and he lowered his hands slowly. Gandalf was still glaring at him.

"Fool of a Took!" Gandalf harshly rasped at him, his snappy tone making everyone in the room flinch. "Why don't you just toss yourself in there and rid us of your stupidity!" Gandalf suggested cruelly and Pippin looked as if he was about to soil himself.

Gandalf tuned on his heel and walked away. Pippin breathed a sigh of relief.

'Boom.'

The old wizard went rigid. His tan skin seemed to get paler at the sound of the boom.

'BOOM! BOOM!'

The booming increased its volume and intensity and a high pitch laugh and shriek was heard.

Usagi's eyes slowly traveled to the entrance of the room.

'BOOM BOOM BOOM!'

'Drums, drums in the deep,' she thought gravely, remembering the line from the journal Gandalf had read from.

They were coming..

--------------------------------

End of Chapter. To be continued..

--------------------------------

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! 14 pages!! I'm proud!!! Lol, it's just that I usually don't write this long of a chapter. But the length of this story's chapters seem to increase every time. Well, I really hoped you guys enjoyed this. Lol, sorry for the cliffhanger. I couldn't help it. And besides, this chapter was getting too long anyway. Stay tuned for PART 2 OF CHAPTER 4!

Oh yes, and THANK YOU SO MUCH for reviewing and telling me that Gandalf was spelled like GandALF and not GandELF. Seriously, I had no clue! Thank you very much!!

Oh yes, please go and check out my other stories. I'm planning to update them soon, so stay tuned for those ones as well!

Much mahal.

Ciao! ~KB Jackie-chan

------------------------------

~ Reviewer's Corner ~

ChibiChaos: MWAHAHA! *glomps onto Chaos* Hehe! THANK you for getting rid of that dratted math homework. Lol, well, I did finish it anyway because we had a test coming up. And I was so shocked at the mark I got on my report card for math. I got a friggin 91%!!! Hehe!! Lol, well, thanks for all the chocolate! Five pounds of world class chocolate is sort of hard to finish. *burps* But it was good!! Thankies chica! Here you go! *hands Chaos-chan 10 pounds of chocolate* *grins* Enjoy!

Aleh: Thank you SOOOOO much for telling me the correct spelling. I edited all the chapters. Thanks again!

Chibi Arwen: Well, Thank you! I've never gotten that comment before. The most insane LotR/SM part crossover that you've enjoyed, eh? Why thank you! I pride myself in being rather original. *snickers* You should check out my other fics. Insane ideas for a crossover are my strong points in writing.

Bunny-Butler: Hey, thanks chica! Glad you enjoy it! *winks* Hope you like this installment.

Myst Lady ML-chan: Hey chica! I'm probably going to cross it with some of those so stay tuned. And for your question if I'd like to see an x-over with X-Men and Batman, are you kidding? I'D LOVE TO! I haven't seen too many of those around. When you get it out, could you tell me? Or what section are you posting it in? X-Men or Batman or what? Tell me okay? This is definitely piquing my interest up!

Crazygurl70: Yo chica! Hey, sorry I haven't been on MSN much. I'll try and go on soon. Thanks for the review. And if Boromir dies or not.. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!! S-E-C-R-E-T!! Well, actually, I have no clue what is going to happen. *snorts* Naturally, I'm lying. Lol, just wait and see!

Zpan Sven: Oh yeah baby! Mortal Combat and Street Fighter man!!! I love 'em!! Ryu, Sakura, Cammi, and Guile are my fav's from SF. Lol, it would definitely be interesting to see a Vega/Usa.. Lol!! Well, I'm still thinking about the MK. I don't know how I would get them to cross over. *laughs* Lol!! Usa/Dracula indeed! Lol, hmm.. vampires.. that's getting me thinking. AHH!! Legend of Zelda! Why didn't I think of that! Well, if you haven't played the game, you should! There is a sequel to the Ocarina of Time called Majora's Mask. I finished both of them and they are wicked! They are for N64, so rent them or something! You'll love it. Keep more ideas coming!! I have all these new crossover ideas brewing in my head!! *glomps onto Zpan* Thanks so much for all the ideas. You are definitely getting some sort of dedication when I start another crossover! THANK YOU!!

Jewel: Lol, thanks. Cute? Well, I wouldn't say that's the word for this story. Insane, yes. Cute.. well, Pippin is that's for sure! Lol, well thanks for the review!

Solarmistress17: Yup! *nods head* I'm a genie!! And I've granted your wish!! Thanks for the review! Ciao!

Neko Megami: *blanches* Well, I wouldn't exactly say I 'hurried' with the chapter. Lol, well, anyway I'm not going to abandon this fic, that's for sure.

Starfury3000: It's here! Dun worry! Thanks for the review!

Sapphireskies: Wow, thanks! Lol, well, I wanted to do a couple that nobody every tries or manages to do. Boromir and Usa seemed perfect! And woah.. did I really get you hooked? THANK YOU for your review!! It really was inspiring.

Catina: *winks* Thanks!

[anonymous reviewer]: Hi! I'm glad you loved it, but I'd love it if you left your name(). Lol, well anyway, thanks for the review!

Allua: Woah.. *blinks in surprise and shock* WOW!! Thank you! Thanks for the review!

Furor Scribiendi: OMG!! You poor thing! No internet?? That sucks, that's for sure. And.. did you say Hershey's?!! *grins evilly* Hyperness is a GOOD THING!! Don't forget it! Thanks for the review!

WOW! Thanks for all of the reviews!

REMEMBER! THE REVIEW BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Lol, well, thanks for all the reviews. I love them! Stay tuned for the next installment!

Ciao! And much mahal!

~KB Jackie-chan