Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 2 ❯ Chapter 32 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 32

Trunks, Goten, and Murasaki were completely blown away by Genji's story. Every small thing shocked the boys while Murasaki was horrified of Genji's condition.

"Whoa…" Trunks gasped, "animal gods…and demons… This is serious stuff…"

"My mom told me stories," Goten spoke up, "about Ashitaka and the Mononoke princess, but I didn't know they were true…"

"A demon within…" Murasaki whispered, "too strong for traditional arts…" She raised her head to look Genji in the eye. "So, you think the wise woman can help you, Genji?"

The boy nodded.

**Mrs. Briefs, Trunk's mother, mentioned that the Emishi wise woman was the strongest shaman in the Mononoke world. So, I set out with my wolf to China for her help.**

Murasaki nodded back.

"And you are aware of the danger you were getting yourself into? The raven tribe and the wolf tribe are bitter ene…"

Genji stomped the ground angrily.

**…ENEMIES! I KNOW, I KNOW! EVERYONE TOLD ME THAT! I'M SICK OF HEARING IT!**

Momiji smirked as Murasaki shrank into the couch at Genji's outburst.

"Are they enemies?" Goten asked, scratching his head of black hair. "But Saki-kun, you're from the raven tribe. Are you Genji-kun's enemy?"

Murasaki gently shook her head.

"I spent the last five years away from my people, and in those five years I have learned to erase racism and bias. I judge those by their nature and morals, not by their culture or religion." She paused a moment to fold her hands in front of her face. "Therefore, I will do all I can to cure Genji of his demon."

Genji nodded in appreciation.

"Alright!" Ryu cheered. "Ya hear that, Genji! You're going to be cured finally!"

**Is there any way I can repay you for your kindness, miss Murasaki?** Genji asked.

Just as the princess shook her head, Genji's guardian spirit remembered something.

<Wait a minute! Yes, you can!>

Huh? How?

<The sword! The sword Dr. Nezu gave you back in the tiger temple! Give it to Murasaki!>

Oh! It's in Yume's saddle blanket. I'll go get it.

Genji got up and walked to the window. Before he got there, Piccolo looked in Genji's eyes.

**Who were you talking to, Genji?**

Genji suddenly became worried.

**What do you mean?**

**You spoke the language to someone, but no one responded.**

Oh great, now he can hear me talking to my guardian spirit…

Genji decided to turn away from Piccolo and keep walking to the window.

"Genji!" Piccolo sharply scolded, but the boy paid no mind. He leaned out the window, and whistled for Yume through his fingers.

"Phwee-eeeeeet!"

Yume darted to the window.

"Genji!" she chimed happily. "What is it? Is Vegeta insulting you again?"

**No, I'm fine.** Genji chuckled. **Come back up here. I need that sword from the saddle blanket.**

So Yume leaned her paws on the wall, raising her head up to the window. Genji patted her muzzle, and leaned his body out the window. He fumbled through the pockets until his hand closed on the hilt of the short sword. As he pulled the sword out, he took some emergency scrolls just in case the demon decided to attack him.

**Good girl. Thank you.**

Yume gave his face a friendly lick and got back down on the ground, wagging her tail. Genji pulled himself back into the building and walked towards Murasaki. He bowed on one knee before her, and held the sword to her in his open palms.

**Princess Murasaki, this is Ashitaka-san's short sword. I heard snake priests stole it years ago. However, it found its way to the hands of Dr. Yoto Nezu, and he gave it to me. I am now returning it to your people.**

"Oh." Murasaki gasped in pleasant surprise. She took the sword in her hands and looked it over delicately. "Still in the condition we left it…"

"What's that?" Goten and Trunks asked curiously.

"A sword?" Ryu wondered, looking over Murasaki's shoulder. "Looks old…"

"It'sa piece ove ga-bage!" Momiji outbursted. "Lookit, s'all rusted ova N brittle. Couldn't cut butta! I guess Genji doesn't care much 'bout yu ta give yu junk like thaat, princess."

"Will you quit it?!" Ryu snapped at Momiji. Murasaki just looked simply at Momiji.

"This sword is six thousand years old."

"It'san old piece ove junk, then." Momiji shrugged.

"This 'old piece of junk' was wielded by Ashitaka-san himself, the man who founded our way of life."

Most everyone in the room flinched in surprise.

"That's his sword?!" Goten whimpered, pointing at the old artifact. Trunks examined the treasure with his eyes.

"Wow. The craftsmanship is pretty good…but not as good as the sword Tapion gave me."

"Where did you get that, Genji?" Ryu asked the boy. Murasaki answered for Genji.

"He said Dr. Nezu gave it to him."

"Sounds like you owe Nezu a lot of 'thank yous,' kid."

Genji agreed with a laughing smile.

"Ah, Nezu, yu softie…" Momiji sighed with a grin. "Honestly, thaat man does tuu much for us Mononoke… Keepin th' tribes from killin each otha N stuff…"

"But," Murasaki thought out loud, "this sword is in no condition to be used in battle. Genji, why would you carry something of no value and purpose to you?"

**Well, Dr. Nezu suggested that I use it to trade with you. The sword for your help.**

" 'Trade?' "

**However, even if my offer was turned down, I would still have given your people the sword back. I know this sword means a lot to the Emishi, and I understand the anger over a stolen artifact. The lady Eboshi's rifle was stolen by wolf poachers fifteen years ago.**

"I see." Murasaki nodded. "Well then, I will give you all the help I can. So will the wise woman."

Genji bowed his head in thanks.

Nothing else raced through his mind except the thoughts of being cured and going home.