Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 2 ❯ Chapter 34 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 34

"Daddy?" Bra squeaked, not letting go of Genji's neck. Bulma glared angrily at her husband.

"Vegeta, what the hell is wrong with you?!" she shouted. Vegeta wasn't fazed.

"I want that punk out of my house!" Vegeta shouted even louder. "How dare he touch my daughter!"

"Genji didn't do anything to her! And you can yet at Bra about guys when she's sixteen! Just get off the kid's case!"

"Damn you, woman! Do you even know who that punk is?!"

Genji blinked a few times in confusion. He knew who he was. He was Genji, the son of a high priestess…

…who harbored a monster named…

Uh oh!

Piccolo walked up to Vegeta, careful not to touch the man and set off a destructive reflex.

"That's enough. Leave him alone, Vegeta. Genji is just a boy."

Vegeta turned his anger towards the Namek instead of his family.

"Don't stand up for him, Namek! You of all people would want to kick his ass!"

"Why would I? I know this boy, and he would do nothing wrong. Genji is actually comparable to Trunks."

Vegeta turned his head back to Genji, with a sly, murderous grin.

"Genji…" Vegeta snarled the name as though it was a swear word. "Is that what Cell named his son?!"

"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Genji flinched hard, and ended up stumbling into the couch. Bra screamed in fear, backing away from Genji.

"What?!" Bulma cried out in shock.

"Oh my God!" Trunks, Goten, and Pan exclaimed.

"Here whe go…" Momiji groaned, slapping her forehead in annoyance.

"Yep." Ryu agreed, mimicking her.

"…" Murasaki respectively said nothing, but her face was painted in shock.

Finally, Ryu stood up and faced Vegeta.

"Is it because of the eyes, mister?" he defended. "A lot of people made that mistake with him. Okay, so he has the same eye color as Cell! Big deal! It's a complete coincidence!"

"Oh really?" Vegeta dared, turning his grin to Ryu. "And you are you? Conan the Destroyer? Is it primitive man day?"

Ryu snarled, but kept polite.

"The name is Ryusato, but I bet you don't care about my name at all. I may be a nobody to you, but just listen to me for a moment. I'm a friend of Genji's, and I've seen people make the same mistake as you. Trust me on this: Genji doesn't have a father."

"No, he doesn't." Vegeta shook his head in agreement. "Cell died sixteen years ago in the Cell Game, leaving his orphan behind."

"No, no! Literally, he doesn't have a father. His mother was completely virgin!"

"What?" Murasaki blinked. "Genji-chan, is that true?"

Genji breathed out a sigh and nodded.

"No kidding?" Trunks and Goten wondered.

"What's a 'virgin?' " Bra and Pan asked each other innocently.

"…" Momiji wasn't commenting on the situation. She knew everything about Genji already. It was old news to her.

Vegeta shook his head at Ryu's statement.

"His mother was a human female, I take it? That's impossible. No human female can have a child without mating. How do you even know his mother was human?"

"What are you implying, Vegeta?" Piccolo growled, once again redirecting the Saiyajin's angry gaze from innocent bystanders.

"You've seen it with your own eyes just as I have! Cell can reproduce without a partner!"

"Genji's mother was a human." Piccolo argued. "I met her, and I checked on her constantly until she died…"

"Pssst! Genji…" Trunks hissed quietly. Genji turned his head to the boy. Trunks was pointing his thumb at the doorway, heavily suggesting he should leave. Genji nodded, and began to tiptoe away from Vegeta's vision to the doorway. Trunks made a distraction to keep his father's attention away from Genji's escape.

"Oh, man! Lookit the time! C'mon Goten, we have lots of homework to do before we eat dinner!"

"But we don't have homework…" Goten blinked. Trunks grabbed Goten in a reprimanding chokehold and began dragging his friend off the couch. Genji was now directly behind Vegeta's back as the boys kept the Saiyajin's attention.

"Yes we do! Remember, we have a whole truckload to do! We gotta study our math, and history, and geography, and French, and PE, and…"

Suddenly, Genji felt something grab his wrist and he gasped. He looked to see Vegeta's gloved hand gripping the boy's wrist tightly, but his head was still turned to Trunks and Goten. Genji tried to free himself, but Vegeta tightened his grip, making the boy wince. Trunks and Goten blinked in surprise, wondering how Vegeta knew Genji was escaping.

"Trunks," Vegeta growled, "you dropped out of French. I remember because I grounded you for a whole week when I found out."

"Gulp." Trunks and Goten moaned. Both were in big trouble. Vegeta turned his gaze to Genji, glaring in the boy's eyes.

"Once I've found proof of who you are," the Saiyajin snarled, "your ass is mine, bastard." He let Genji go, and stormed out the doorway. "Nobody bother me!" As Genji nursed his swollen wrist, Bulma watched silently as her husband ran out the room.

"Daddy!" Bra called after her father. Bulma put her hand on the little girl's shoulder.

"Leave him alone, dear. Daddy is really mad right now."

"He's gonna punish us, isn't he, Trunks?" Goten worried, biting his nails.

"Oh yeah." Trunks nodded in fear. "We better skip town."

"Sooooo…" Bulma growled at the boys, narrowing her eyes fiercely, "you said you didn't have homework a minute ago… Did you boys lie to me?"

Trunks and Goten's eyes widened. They were really scared now.

"Oh man…" Trunks panicked. "Forget town, we gotta get out of the country!"

Ryu and Momiji laughed, thankful for the comic relief. The tension in the room was gone. Both girls quietly sulked to Bra's room to do their homework as Bulma grabbed both boys by one ear each and dragged them out of the room. Piccolo stayed where he was, looking at the still shaken Genji. The boy hadn't quiet overcome the jittery feeling of being in Vegeta's angry gaze. He was staring at his wrist, wishing he could leave like Trunks was earlier joking about…

Murasaki walked up to him and put a worried hand on his shoulder.

"Genji-chan? Are you okay?"

Genji shook his head.

He never felt so scared in his life…

Vegeta…I'm not what you think I am…