Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 2 ❯ Chapter 35 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 35

Genji spent most of his time in the backyard gardens with Yume. Ryu and Momiji weren't with him, he just wanted to be alone with his wolf. He didn't feel like talking to his wolf or anything. Just being with somebody familiar was all he wanted. Yume seemed to understand. She just sat quietly next to him as he snuggled into her fur.

A half an hour passed by silently, before he heard the cheering of Pan and Bra. They were nearby. Genji lifted his head up, and found Murasaki nearby letting the two girls ride around on the red elk together. Pan and Bra were having a lot of fun as the princess led her elk around by its reigns. It followed her with no hint of reluctance. The elk, Hasanko, seemed to be having fun too.

"Whee!" both girls cried happily. "Faster, Hasanko-chan! Faster!"

Genji smiled. The scene was just adorable. Both girls reminded him of little Toki back home. So sweet, charming, and easily amused by new and unusual things. He felt a little homesick. He missed Miaka and Aoi, and spending time with Moro-sama. He wished he could go home and see how they were doing.

"Wow! Big puppy!"

Genji turned his head up to see both girls off the elk and running towards him and Yume. The wolf raised her head and wagged her tail. Yume loved kids, being an overgrown puppy and all.

"Can we pet her, Genji-san?" Pan asked.

Genji looked around to make sure Vegeta wasn't nearby, then he nodded his head. The girl's stroked Yume's sides carefully at the wolf watched them.

"She's really soft…" Pan commented. Bra looked up at Genji as he ignored the girls and scratched behind Yume's ears.

"How come my daddy doesn't like you, Genji-san?" the blue-haired girl asked.

Genji sighed. He had no way of explaining the problem to her. Writing it down would take much too long, and he doubted she knew sign language of the God language.

Pan made a pouty face at the boy.

"How come you don't talk?!" she interrogated. "Say something, Genji-san!"

Genji patted his throat with his hand and shook his head.

"Your throat hurts?" Bra asked. "Why don't you take something for it?"

"No, not like that, Bra-chan." Murasaki answered as she walked towards them with Hasanko behind her. "He can't talk or make any noises. He doesn't have a voice."

"Oh!" both girls gasped.

**Thank you, Murasaki-kun.** Genji smiled.

**You're welcome. And you can call me Saki-kun.**

"I still think he's a cutie!" Bra announced. Genji lowered his head into a hand and blushed.

"He's okay." Pan shrugged. "He's just not as cute as Trunks."

"Ew!" Bra outbursted. "Trunks isn't cute!"

"You're just saying that cause he's your brother. Trunks is really hot!"

"Genji's cuter than Trunks'll ever be!" Bra defended, hugging Genji around the waist. Genji's face flushed a very bright red.

**Why is it I get this from little girls?** Genji wondered into Murasaki's eyes. **No offence to the kids, but it's not like I have a Lolita complex or something…**

Murasaki chuckled behind her hand, and smiled into his eyes.

**Well, you're very handsome and charming. Any girl would go for you if they got to know you well enough.**

Genji smirked at her.

**Like you?**

She clasped her hand over her mouth as she giggled again. Seeing her with her eyes shut pleasantly and hearing her chiming laughter made her look so much more attractive in Genji's eyes.

I can see why Momiji is jealous…

But I don't feel anything for Saki-kun either…

Except a budding friendship with someone who is supposed to be my enemy…