Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 2 ❯ Chapter 36 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 36

Vegeta was watching the boy named Genji from a window on the top story of the Capsule Corp. He was about to yell at Bra to once again take her hands off the punk, but she had let Genji go without prompting to resume petting the wolf. Vegeta calmed down a bit, just watching the boy.

That boy has a connection to Cell. I just know it. And once I find a connection…they'll need tweezers to pick up the pieces!

/|\

Behind him, Bulma was dealing out Trunk's and Goten's punishment. Both of them were forced to do 5,000 push-ups on one thumb (suggestion courtesy by Vegeta). Bulma was rambling angrily at them through a bullhorn.

"C'mon! Keep it up! Don't slow down! You only did two hundred! If Vegeta was doing this, he'd be done by now!"

"Aw, c'mon Bulma!" Goten whined, sweating from strain; "Go easy on us…"

"No way!" Bulma shouted back. "You boys think I'm letting you go easy after you lied about your homework?! Dead wrong! Now keep going! Down, up! Down, up! Down, up!"

"Mom, can't we just do a thousand and say we're sorry?" Trunks pleaded, already out of breath.

"Like hell, more push-ups! Down, up! Down, up! Down, up!"

Vegeta was starting to get a headache from his wife's yelling, so he looked away from the window and headed for the door. Crossing his arms behind his back, he walked down the stairs to the living room.

A connection between Genji and Cell…certainly nothing by name. I should start by learning the boy's past. All I'm sure of is he was born during the time Cell was around, but that's not proof. There has to be something in the boy's background that ties him to Cell…

Ryu and Momiji were sitting on the couch, arguing over what to watch on the big screen TV.

"Oh, c'mon! It's been ages since I got to watch TV!"

"Whell, yu got all day ta watch it! At 4-oh-clock ev'ry day, I watch Holmes!"

"You can miss one episode of your stupid soap opera."

"S'not a soap opera! It'sa reely guud romance series!"

"That's a soap opera to me. Now gimme the remote! I haven't seen an episode of Kajika in years."

"Go reed th' manga!"

"I don't have money to buy a manga…"

"Tuu baad!"

"Gimme the remote!"

"No! Hoye, stop it!"

"Gimme…the…"

"No!"

"Kajika! Kajika! Kajika!"

"Holmes! Holmes! Holmes!"

As they both struggled over the remote, Vegeta walked to them and snatched the remote away. Ryu and Momiji watched in horror as Vegeta switched the channel to a news report. He gave them a nasty glare, and both Mononoke jumped from the couch.

"I guess I'll read the manga…" Ryu chuckled nervously.

"N Vince waas gunna tell Natasha he luved 'er today…" Momiji sobbed. They headed into another room as Vegeta took their spot on the couch. Local news was on, so he half ignored it. He needed the noise to help him concentrate. All his thoughts were on Genji and how to bust him.

Genji and Cell…

Cell and Genji…

…What is the connection? There has to be one…

He silently thought as he half listened to the report.

"…Word from the Prime Minister still to come. Also, more on the hunt for the Cell supporter is coming up now. Police are searching downtown West City for the suspect, and have little leads. The suspect has been identified as Genji DragonLore, a fifteen-year-old boy…"

Vegeta blinked at the TV screen, and paid attention to the news story. A composite sketch of Genji lingered on the screen.

"…long blond hair, pink eyes, 5'6, half-Japanese half-American. He is described as very quiet, but extremely dangerous. No criminal reports within West City have been made, but he has been charged with killing one hundred people in Cell's name within the Metro West area. If you have any information on DragonLore or his whereabouts, please contact the West City sheriff's office or your local National Peace station.

"Also today, West City police are protesting low wages, and are refusing the mayor's orders to…"

After digesting what information he needed, Vegeta stood up with his killer smirk.

I found the connection, boy…