Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 2 ❯ Chapter 37 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 37

Pan and Bra had finally left Genji alone, and Genji lounged against Yume's side. Hasanko, the red elk, was nearby and lying on his stomach with all four legs folded underneath him. Genji was admiring the beast with an impressed smile.

I thought all the red elks went extinct… Well, perhaps the Chinese genetic engineers brought them back, just like all the dinosaurs and saber tooth cats. Too bad genetic practices are banned now to prevent another Cell catastrophe…

He heard police sirens on the other side of the retaining wall. The sound quickly faded away as the car sped across the street. Genji felt suspicious, there were a massive amount of police cars driving by the Capsule Corp. He wondered why…

/|\

Trunks and Goten stumbled down the stairs, drenched in sweat. Their punishment was over, and they were off to do their homework.

"And I want to see it done before dinner!" Bulma shouted at them through her bullhorn. "Or else, you'll be doing push-ups until Christmas! Got it?!"

"Oh man," Trunks moaned, tripping over the last step and landing flat on his face. "I think I forgot how to walk…"

"I'm beat…" Goten huffed, leaning against the wall. "Oh well, my mom is a lot meaner than yours, Trunks. Push-ups are nothing, my mom makes me read the phone book out loud."

"Huuuuuuuuh!" Trunks huffed, not bothering to get up. "I feel like I'm gonna die…"

"Oh, mom!" Goten cried out, slapping himself on the forehead. "I almost forgot, I have to call her today, like I promised."

"Make it quick." Trunks begged as Goten stepped around him. "I need to copy off you when you get back."

"Okay." Goten agreed, heading into the living room. Right when he spied the phone, he noticed that Vegeta was using it. Goten shrugged. He could wait. So, he made himself comfortable on the couch, watching the news. One brief story mentioned the "Cell supporter." Genji blinked a couple of times as the male anchor spoke.

"No information yet about Genji DragonLore, the Cell supporter who has killed one hundred people in the name of the dead tyrant. Police believe he is somewhere in West City, but because of their low wages they refuse to…"

"No way!" Goten cried in shock. "Genji is a…a…but…"

"He's a murderer." Vegeta acknowledged with a hand over the receiver. "Didn't I say that boy is nothing but trouble? Now he's going to get what's coming to him." He took his hand away and put his ear back to the phone. "Yes, he's here. I have him trapped in the backyard, he can't get away…"

"You're calling the police, aren't you?!" Goten asked frantically.

Vegeta nodded his head.

"You can't! Genji didn't do anything wrong!"

"The news doesn't lie." Vegeta informed, pointing to the TV. Then, he said into the phone: "Yes, come as soon as you can. Hurry before he kills again." Then, he hung up the phone.

"How could you?!" Goten cried. "He didn't do anything to you!"

"He was born." Vegeta growled. "He's the son of Cell, and he's turning out just like his father. I'm just doing the right thing."

Goten snarled, which just made Vegeta smirk.

"What's wrong? I thought you'd be happy. You do know that Cell killed your father, right? Don't you want justice for that?!"

"Genji didn't kill my dad!" Goten cried, running out of the room and down the hall. Vegeta shook his head in disapproval.

"Don't even think of trying to save him!" he warned, looking out the window to the unaware Genji below. "You're too slow." Vegeta then powered up into a Super Saiyajin, and flung himself into the glass window. He kept his jade eyes on the boy as he descended to the ground.

"You're all mine, android scum!"