Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 2 ❯ Chapter 44 ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 44

"Whoa my gods…" Ryu gasped. "Did you see that?"

Momiji slowly shook her head. That bright flash almost blinded her, but she could see what was happening now.

Genji…oh, me puur, puur Genji…wot's happonin ta yu…?

Yume was cowering behind a bushy hedge.

"No more booms!" she whimpered. "I don't like boom noises!"

Ryu and Momiji ignored her, watching Genji and what could happen now.

/|\

Genji lunged for Vegeta, and threw a fist at him. Vegeta was only able to dodge it, and several more punches equal in speed and strength. Genji relentlessly attacked, throwing punches as fast and as hard as he could, not letting Vegeta get a chance to defend or retaliate.

Genji wanted to kill him.

Vegeta suddenly jumped in the air, and twisted his body around so that when he landed he was facing Genji's back.

"BIG BANG ATTACK!" Vegeta called again, firing another attack at the boy. Genji had just turned around when the blast hit him and exploded in light and smoke. The whole room lit up blue and was once again filled with dust.

Vegeta smirked in satisfaction.

"Well, he didn't last for very long…"

He waited until the light faded, and the chamber grew quiet. The dust was just clearing away…

…but the chamber was not silent.

The wailing and screaming from Genji's aura didn't fade.

Vegeta's smirk violently changed to a fear-struck sneer. Again, the dust parted to reveal Genji standing where he was with no injury to his body. However, the bandages on his chest and neck had been blown off, and unveiled his growing demon scar that completely took over his chest and neck and was beginning to grow over his shoulders.

Vegeta's fear turned to disgust.

"What in hell?" he cried. "What IS that?!"

The burns seemed to expand and contract on Genji's body, as though the boy and the demon were breathing separately. Genji stood statue still, eyes hatefully glued to Vegeta. The Saiyajin stepped back a few paces nervously.

"You're not human, are you?"

Something made Genji decide to shake his head to answer.

Vegeta gnashed his teeth, determined not to be frightened by a mere boy.

"I don't care about what you are, but I know what you aren't! You aren't a match for me!"

He lunged for the boy and landed a very hard punch on Genji's face. Genji didn't flinch, budge, or even feel a thing. He suddenly smirked, and then…

"Poor, silly Vegeta…just a little fish challenging a shark…"

Vegeta froze in shock.

Did he just hear…?

Right from that boy's mouth…

That voice…

"Cell?"

Suddenly, Genji released his full power and his aura flared brighter and screamed louder.

**HYAAAAAAAAAA!**

The chamber began to shake violently, as though an earthquake had erupted. The lights began to flash on and off and an alarm sounded.

"Warning!" the computer droned. "Pressure in chamber exceeding gravity in chamber! Emergency shut down in five minutes! Warning! Pressure in chamber exceeding gravity in chamber! Emergency shut down in five minutes! Warning! Pressure in chamber…"

"Stop this, boy!" Vegeta called over the computer and alarm. "You'll destroy the whole chamber and kill us both!"

"…" Genji just glared at Vegeta, not caring…

…or, at least, his guardian wasn't caring…

Genji could feel his scar creep down his arms, growing bigger and taking more control of his body. It was flowing up the back of his neck and through his hair. It was beginning to hurt his head, and he battled for control with his guardian spirit.

Guardian! Stop! The demon…

<I'm sorry, Genji…but this moron needs to be taught a lesson.>

Which is more important?! My life or his death?!

<But…Vegeta is going to kill you…>

Not before the demon kills me first! Guardian, please stop! Don't throw all our lives away on a grudge!

<…>

The guardian didn't release control, but he did lower Genji's ki. The computer quieted down, and the lights came back on. Genji smiled.

Thank you, guardian.

<I'm really sorry, Genji. I just made the demon grow stronger. I should have known…I'm a failure as a guardian.>

That's not true. I'm still here, aren't I? I forgive you, guardian. You were just trying to protect me.

<…>

"Heh, heh, heh…"

Genji looked up at Vegeta. The Saiyajin was chuckling through a sly smirk.

"So, afraid of losing your own life on my account? Coward…"

Genji frowned. Vegeta wasn't going to quit.

"But, you do have the power to stand, move, and even fight in 500 times Earth's normal gravity. And I commend you for that."

Genji raised an eyebrow. What was he getting at?

"So, let's see how well you fight, boy." Vegeta suggested, flicking his wrists a few times. "You and me, right now. If you win, you can go but never come back."

Genji nodded his head in agreement. He had few reasons to come back anyway.

"And if I win…" Vegeta paused dramatically to chuckle. "Well, what do you think is going to happen if I win?"

Vegeta was still determined to kill Genji.

Genji was too close to use his arrows, so he just had to fight with his bare hands. He crouched into a fighting position while Vegeta stood where he was, unmoving.

There was a pause…

…then Genji lunged himself at Vegeta!

The battle began.

/|\

Announcer: Next time on Dragonball Z, Genji and Vegeta go all out in a death match…

Masq: DAMN YOU! WHAT PART OF "COME BACK, AND I'LL KILL YOU" DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!

Announcer: YIKES! **runs for his life**

Masq: **right behind him with a shotgun** If I ever see you back here narrating my story again, I'm gonna kill you where you stand, Daytona boy!

Genji: **sweatdrop**

Announcer: Okay, okay, I promise! I'll never try to narrate your son's story again! **puppy dog eyes** But it's such a fantastic story… It's so beautiful…

Masq: **softens up** Grrr… Puppy dog eyes… I can't even think of killing you now…

Announcer: **wipes sweat off his forehead** Phew.

Masq: **changes her mind** …Yes I can! **chases him around some more** Time to die, Mr. Indianapolis 500!

Announcer: Okay! Okay! I'm gone, and I promise to never come back! **leaves for good**

Masq: Hmph. I think he means it this time…

Genji: **Is the madness finally over, mom?**

Masq: Here's hoping…

Thus ends the announcer issue…

Or does it?