Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 2 ❯ Chapter 46 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 46

Half of the circular gravity chamber had been blown open, and debris completely covered the ground around it. Smoke was billowing out of the chamber and into the city sky, and the gravity inside the chamber had shut down to normal. After the explosion, quiet rang out as the smoke rose into the air.

The unharmed Ryu, Momiji, and Yume hurried to the scene.

"Genji!" they all cried out. Yume sniffed around the wreckage for her friend…

Then she found Genji's scent and dug fiercely through the metal and plaster.

"Here! Here!" she called. "I smell is blood!" Ryu and Momiji rushed up to her and helped clear away debris.

"Genji! Caan yu heer mey?!"

"Show us a sign, kid!"

They kept digging until his head came into view. Yume carefully pulled him out with her jaws, whimpering in fear.

"He's hurt bad!" Yume cried. "He's bleeding a lot!"

"Genji!" Momiji screamed as Yume set Genji down on the ground. His chest slowly rose up and down, taking in precious breaths. Momiji fell next to him and hugged his neck. He didn't respond, he just breathed in and out. "No! Genji, no!" She started crying as Ryu checked for signs of life. He put his fingers to Genji's neck, and then to his wrist.

"He's alive…" Ryu reported happily. "Damn Genji, I don't know how you do it, but you always end up almost dead."

Genji responded to that.

He smiled faintly, showing his blood stained teeth, and made slight hacking sounds.

He was laughing.

"Genji!"

Murasaki and Bulma ran out into the garden straight to what was left of the chamber. Murasaki screamed at the sight of the boy while Bulma rushed to Genji's side.

"Is he okay?" Bulma asked in alarm.

"He won't be if we don't get him to a hospital." Ryu shook his head. "And fast."

Bulma looked around the gardens frantically.

"Where's Piccolo? We need a senzu been…"

"He left." Murasaki explained. "He went to go get help for Genji."

Bulma looked up into the sky.

"He'd better get here soon…" she wished.

"Dad!" Trunks yelled, running out to the wreck. He quickly dug through the debris, tossing aside some of the heavier plaster as though it was paper. Goten soon came to his side and helped dig. Bulma watched sadly as they pulled an unconscious Vegeta out of the rubble. The top of his spandex outfit was blown off, along with his gloves, and his entire body was riddled with cuts, bruises, and bleeding gashes. However, his heartbeat was regular, and his breathing was normal enough.

The Saiyajin prince had taken worse beating before, and would live.

"Trunks…" Bulma softly called to her son. "Get him to a bed, but don't call a doctor until I tell you to."

"What?!" Trunks stood up angrily, standing over his father. "How come?!"

"Mr. Piccolo!" Goten realized, getting up with Trunks. "When he comes back, he'll give Vegeta a senzu bean!"

"No." Bulma shook her head. "He's not getting a senzu."

"Huh?!?!?" Both boys blinked in shock.

"I…I want to keep Vegeta away from Genji… He was trying to kill the boy in the gravity chamber just now. As long as Vegeta is still injured like that, he can't harm Genji. Besides, your father is strong, Trunks. He can heal naturally, just like any of us can. He doesn't need a senzu…"

"Genji does." Ryu nodded, noticing the torn bandages. "Well, while we're waiting…" He bent down and removed some of the bandages from Genji's body, "…we can patch him right back up. We'll need some new bandage…AAAAAAA!" Ryu yelped and jumped away. "It grew bigger!"

"Ye Gud!" Momiji yelped, finally seeing Genji's growing burn. It completely covered his whole chest and back, shoulders, neck, and backsides of his arms. Murasaki covered her mouth with both hands to hold back her screaming. Yume barked at it fiercely, catching the demon's scent. Bulma and Goten wrinkled their noses in disgust, and Trunks froze where he was.

"What…" he stammered slowly, scared stiff, "the hell…is that?!"

"It's a demon scar." Ryu explained, taking off the top of his gi and wrapping it around Genji's torso carefully. "It's a disease Genji has, but it only spreads through touch."

"That's it?!" Goten cried. "Man, it looks serious!"

"So, this is what the wise woman has to cure…" Murasaki bit her lip, still covering her mouth with her hands.

"Wasn't it just in his heart?" Bulma asked as Yume sniffed at Genji's hair.

"It's spreading." Ryu nodded. "It's going to completely cover his body before it kills him."

"Oh no…" Bulma bit her lip. "At this rate, you have to get him to that wise woman now."

"But the journey is another eight days from now…" Ryu moaned.

"Hoo boy…" Momiji moaned too. "How culd thins git any wurse?"

Then, they heard sirens of police cars and fire engines in the distance. They were responding to the smoke!

Ryu frowned.

"Momiji?"

"Aye?"

"Never ask how 'things can get worse' in an action/adventure story. Then it does get worse."

"Sorrey…"