Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ The Duck and The Princess ❯ Welcome home Ducky ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Duck and the Princess

By Mari

Co-authored by Alex Pienkoss

Disclaimer: DBGT is the © property of Akira Toriyama. Ranma ½ is the © property of Rumiko Takahashi.

Chapter 02: Welcome home Ducky

Well it took a while, but Bra finally made it back home with her new pet duck. "Here we are Ducky," Bra announced as she parked her car at the side of the gate. "Welcome to your new home." She greeted Mousse when she brought him out of the car.

Mousse took a look at Bra's home and he couldn't believe his eyes. Despite the fact that he's nearly blind, he can see that this house was enormous and in a perfect sphere shaped dome. I don't believe it, Mousse thought still in awed by the structure of Bra's home, this place is the size of the amazon village back in China. High above on the front of the building were words that says 'Capsule Corp.' painted in big bold letters. Is this some kind of factory? The near sighted male amazon asked himself. But if this is this girl's home than she must be very wealthy. The cursed duck boy assumed as he looked up at her.

Bra looked back at the duck and gave him a sweet friendly smile, causing him to blush. "Do you like your new home little ducky?"

Mousse couldn't get over being overwhelmed by the kindness of the Princess and her willingness of taking him in. So he just gave a slight nod.

"Okay then lets go in then." Bra stated and pressed the button on her car to return to its capsule state. Another phenomenon that amazed Mousse.

Once they enter the building the male Amazon duck was beleaguered by what he saw inside. There were grassy fields, trees, flowers, bushes, a small pond in the middle, and several other animals running around. And this is just the first floor. I don't believe, Mousse exclaimed in thought, it's like a small forest in here.

Bra took Mousse-duck to the pond and placed him in the water. "Now isn't this better than that icky cramped cage?" The demi-Saiyan Princess asked as she gently scratch Mousse's head.

Mousse responded by nuzzling in her hand and making soft quacking noises. She wasn't Shampoo but she was nice and he couldn't admire her light blue eyes and soft blue hair. Bra may not be 'well-developed' like Shampoo but underneath that small chest is a heart of gold.

"Good, now you stay here while I go get you something good to eat." Bra got up and left the little white glasses wearing duck in the pond.

Now Mousse knows that Bra told him to stay in the pond but he just got to see the rest of this place. So he decided to take a look around and got off the pond. While exploring his new surroundings Mousse discovered a small patch of flowers. Maybe I should giver these flowers as a thank you for taking me in. He figured and started picking out the flowers.

The little white duck was doing okay until he came across a real stubborn flower. Mousse fought with all his might to try to get this flower out of the ground. This one took in root real deep. What's with this flower? He asked himself as he continues to struggle with the flower.

Finally the flower had got pulled out but unfortunately he knocked himself off and was tumbling backwards. The visually challenged waterfowl was suddenly stopped by a large red rock, which should've been a lifesaver if the rocked hadn't unexpectedly begun to move. The rock turned out be a large red dinosaur with three horns sticking for both sides of his head and very large and sharp teeth. And he doesn't look too happy to see Mousse because the little duck accidentally woke him from his nap. He snarled and growled very angrily at the little new comer.

She actually has a pet dinosaur?!? Mousse was scared stiffed from seeing an actual living dinosaur in this building. He tried to show this suppose extinct no feelings.

But the creature had other ideas and decided to have some duck for a snack. With a terrifying roar the dinosaur lunged at Mousse-duck but the myopic cursed male Amazon regain his ability to move and quickly flew away just as the monster nearly clamped his jaws at him.

******************************************************************* *****************************************

Meanwhile, Bra was searching in the kitchen for something to feed Ducky to. She found a box of crackers and giggled lightly. "Maybe Ducky would like some quackers." Bra said as she continued giggled. She puts the box away and continues her search.

**************************************************************** ********************************************

Poor Mousse was flying around the garden section of the building with a giant dinosaur chasing him from behind. Mousse does not like this one bit. It reminded him the time when the Kuno's pet Alligator, Mr. Green Turtle, was trying to make him into duck pate. Mousse tried to find a way to escape but there are no other exits around. The scared little duck was now trapped with no other place to hide.

Mousse shield himself awaiting his fate just as the dinosaur was going to swallow him up whole.

But when the creature brought his teeth to the doomed Amazonian water bird, a very strong force slapped the dinosaur across his face. Leaving a big red sore mark on his left cheek, his eyes were now getting all watery, and he started to whimper like a puppy.

When Mousse realized that his is still alive and intact, he looked up to see who or what saved him and what he saw was Bra looking very angrily at the dinosaur. Did she just saved from that thing? Mousse just couldn't believe that some one that small could've stopped something that monstrous.

But of course this is no ordinary girl that Mousse is with. "Bad Nappa!" Bra scolded at the dinosaur and waving her accusing finger at it. "Very Bad! How many times do I have to tell you that you are not allow to eat new comers!"

The giant lizard gave the Princess a pleading look as rubbed his still hurting cheek.

"Now you go to your time out tree and think about what you did!" Bra ordered the six horned eating machine. "Go on, go on!"

And the dinosaur sadly slumped his way to the direction that Bra told him to go.

"Mom told Trunks to put Nappa on a vegetarian diet but no, Daddy saids that he was suppose to be a meat eater." Bra contemplated and turned around to see Mousse is all right. "Are you okay little Ducky?" She was being concern of her new pet's well being.

Mousse had just a traumatic experience of being a dinosaur's lunch and this girl just swatted that thing like a fly and made it cry like a baby. At least he thankful that he is still alive. No one has ever saved me before; Mousse was now comparing the blue haired princess to Shampoo. Not even Shampoo would ever risk her life for me. I even saved her from that Birdman when were stranded on that Peach Island and she still hasn't thanked me for that.

"Sorry about that," Bra apologized while gently scratching Mousse/duck's head to soothe him, "Nappa has a funny way making friends." She chuckled but Mousse just gave out a small quack. "I'm sorry, I guess it's not funny to you from your point of view."

Mousse decided to shrug it off since she is being nice to him.

"But what are you doing here when I told you to wait at the pond?" Bra questioned Mousse's motive.

The little white duck felt bad for not doing as he was told and pulled a small flower that survived his encounter with the dinosaur from his wing. It was bent and missing some petals.

Bra saw the flower and looked at her new pet duck. That's when she realized what he was doing. "Was this flower for me?"

"Quack." Mousse answered sadly with his head hung low in shame.

"Oh that's so sweet of you!" The blue-haired angel of mercy exclaimed happily and accepted the flower. "Thank you," she picked Mousse up and gave him a kiss on his beak, causing him to blush bright read. "Maybe you'll be more safer in my room." Bra suggested, "Would you like that Ducky?"

Mousse quacked and nodded his head in yes.

"Okay lets go then." Bra concluded and she and glasses wearing cursed male Amazon left the garden floor.

***************************************************************** ******************************************

A while later, Bra and Mousse ran into her brother Trunks in the hallway. "Hi Trunks." She greeted while Mousse takes a good look at the young man with short lavender hair.

"Hi Bra," Trunks returned the greeting and noticed his little sister's new pet in her arms. "Say where did you get the duck?"

"Isn't he cute?" Bra replied, "I found him locked up in this cramped cage at a storage of a Chinese restaurant."

"So you stole him?" Trunks was dumbfound for not believing that his sister would even do such a thing.

"I did not stole him!" Bra retorted in defense, "I saved him, this mean Chinese girl and this creepy old lady had left him all alone in that awful place." She explained as she strokes Mousse's feathers. "For all I know, he would've ended up as some kind of entrée."

Mousse was actually enjoying what Bra was doing. I think I'm going to like it here.

"But still he was their property." Trunks tried to reason with the half-Saiyan princess.

"But they practically gave him to me." Bra was making her point, "All I know is that I don't want to take him back to those people ever again."

"Well you better not let Dad see him," Trunks warned, "he would probably mistaken him for dinner." The second Saiyan Prince laughed at his little joke but that caused Mousse to go into panic.

"That's not funny Trunks!" Bra chastised at her older brother; "Can't you see this poor little guy has been through enough?" She consoled the near sighted Amazon male duck to calm him down. "There there it's okay," she soothed and rocked him, "I promise I won't let anything bad happen to you."

"Hey take it easy Sis," Trunks hold up his hand in defense, "You know that Dad won't do anything to make you upset." He was showing that he meant no harm.

"Very well," Bra accepted Trunks's little apology, "I'll let this slide this time. Now if you excuse us, my new pet ducky and I will be retiring to my room" She confirmed with some regalness of a real princess as Trunks step aside to let his sister and the duck through.

"Okay then Princess," Trunks teased a bit, "Just be careful with your new pet."

Bra just simply walked passed by her brother with Mousse in her arm.

******************************************************************* ****************************************

Once they made it to Bra's room, Mousse was amazed by what it looked like from the inside. The walls were painted in a light purple with matching bed set and pillows and the word 'Princess' was written all over everything.

"Here we are Ducky," Bra announced as she put Mousse on her bed. "I hope you'll be more comfortable here."

Mousse was getting use to the softness of the comforter of Bra's bed. It felt velvety smooth underneath his feet. This is nice, Mousse thought, At least it's not stuffed with down feathers.

"Oh I got some food for you," Bra remembered the food that she had promised to give to Mousse and pulled out a bag of cheddar flavored goldfish crackers, "here you go," She gave him some of the crackers and Mousse immediately began to eat. "Gee you really are hungry aren't you little fella." Bra was simply amused by this little duck's antics. "I betcha those two mean ladies don't even feed you, huh Baby."

Not when I am like this. Mousse thought, Even I have to pay for the food I eat at the restaurant.

Bra smiled happily as she got up and started to change into something more comfortable. Mouse looked up and saw Bra's back as she took off her bra. His face turn bright red and he covered his eye in shyness and worry about being hit.

Bra looked over her shoulder and saw a shy duck. I never saw an animal become shy before. Bra thought and smiled, That's so cute.

Mousse was shy but was also worried that Bra might smack him. He remembers different times when he walked in on Shampoo in the furo, dressing or undressing. In human or duck form, he always found himself pounded into the ground or into a wall. He braced himself as Bra walking towards him. He was surprise when he felt himself being picked up and petting gently on the head.

"You are very cute when you shy Ducky." Bra said with a smile.

She is not going to hit me? Mousse thought in surprise. Of course he remember that Bra never saw him change back to human. He starts to worry about the event if she ever did see him change back to human, but he put those thought aside for now.

Bra walked over to the TV and inserted a tape in the VCR.

"Would you like to watch a movie with me Ducky?" Bra asked Mousse in her arms.

Mousse quacked and nodded his head in agreement.

Bra smiled and lay down on the bed with Mousse still in her arms.

Mousse watched the screen as a gaijin cartoon of a white duck called Donald Duck started.

This is awaked. Mousse thought as he watched the antics of the Walt Disney star.

Bra started to pet his hand in a gently matter that cause him to relax in her arms.

Mousse has started to feel more relaxed in his new home, but one most remember that the chaos of Nerima is always around...

To be continued

Well it looks like that Mousse is getting pretty comfortable in his new home. But what will happen if his secret gets out? Will Bra still want him as her a friend and potential mate? Or will Mousse become duck dinner? Find out next time in "The Duck and the Princess".