Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ The Duck and The Princess ❯ Straightening Things Out. ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Duck and the Princess By Mari Co-authored by Alex Pienkoss  

Disclaimer: DBGT is the © property of Akira Toriyama. Ranma ½ is the © property of Rumiko Takahashi.

Chapter 04: Straightening Things Out.

The sun raised slowly into the morning sky, it's shining light touching everything in its path. It rays soon touched the Capsule Corp building. Inside the building everyone was still asleep as the time was 5 in the morning.

All but one that is.

A person was slowly and quietly walking towards Bra's room and looked inside the said room. He saw Bra sleeping peacefully in her bed and Mousse, in duck form, was sleeping on a pillow near the bed. The person then walked up to Mousse and grabbed him by the neck and held its beak closed.

Mousse woke up rudely by this and started to panicking thrash until he noticed that it was Vegeta holding his neck and beak.

"Quiet unless you want your neck broken into two." Vegeta said in a harsh whisper.

Mousse stopped thrashing as he stay perfectly quiet as Vegeta carried him out of Bra's room and into a dome like room with a strange device in the center of the room.

Vegeta dropped Mousse on the ground as he pulled out a Thermos container and poured hot water on Mousse.

"AHHHH!!!!" Mousse screamed, "TOO HOT!!!!"

Vegeta ignored him and tossed him a Sayijin uniform, "Put this on boy."

Mousse shut up quickly and put on the uniform, in fear of pissing off Vegeta.

"You may have been welcome here to stay boy," Vegeta said sternly, "But that doesn't mean I still trust you around my daughter."

"I would never do anything like that Sir." Mousse said.

"Since you are living here, show me what you got." Vegeta said as he got into a stance, "Come at me!"

Mousse gulped as he charged at Vegeta with two Chinese swords. He then tries to hit Vegeta but his weapons go right through him.

To the Z Warrior's eyes, Vegeta is dodging the attacks at a very high speed. Vegeta, annoyed, knocks the weapons out of his hand and delivers a punch to Mousse abdomen.

Mousse gasped for air as he landed on the ground, holding his abdomen in pain.

"I said come at with your fist, not with cheap toys!!" Vegeta said.

"But the Hidden Weapons Style is the only thing I know...." Mousse said in a weak tone of voice in pain.

Vegeta sighed in annoyance and went over to the machine and started it up.

Suddenly Mousse was struggling as he felt the air and his body weigh a ton. He tries to lift his head to see Vegeta standing there as nothing is happening.

'How is he standing like that?' Mousse thought as he toiled.

"Right now the room has 10 times the normal gravity of Earth." Vegeta explained, "All you have to do is stand up."

"But how can I ever stand if I can barely keep my head up?" The young male Amazon was trying to fight off against this intense force of gravity.

"Listen Boy," Vegeta degraded Mousse, "If you can carry all those heavy weapons in those ridiculous robes you always wear then you should be able to handle standing in 10x gravity with no problem." That was his way of encouragement.

Not wanting to anger the Sayijin Prince, Mousse strains to fight off this severe amount of gravity. He first tries to move his arms to get them to lift himself off the floor. Next he makes an effort of bringing his legs back in as he grunts while doing so. It was a struggle for Mousse as he stood up in the intense gravity. When he finally stood up, he was struggling not to fall back down to the ground. Even the hairs on his head felt like it weighs a lot.

Vegeta smirked, "Not bad boy. Now lets see how well you move in combat."

Mousse gulped as he saw Vegeta dashing towards him.

 

It was seven in the morning when Bra started to wake up. She slowly opened her eyes as she sat up and stretched her arms over her head. Once she was fully awake, she smiled as she got up and opened the curtains to her window, allowing the sun light to shine in.

"Another beautiful day." She said as she turned towards the pillow Mousse was sleeping, "Time to get up Mousse."

When she looked at the pillow, she then noticed that Mousse wasn’t there.

"Mousse?" Bra said as she looked around her room, "Where are you?" She then put on her bathrobe to cover herself and headed towards the kitchen. There she found her mother making breakfast over a stove. "Morning Mother." Bra said.

"Morning Dear." Bulma said as she turned towards her daughter, "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes I did." Bra said, "By the way have you seen Mousse around?"

Before Bulma could answer the question, Mousse came in limping. He was covered in bruises; the armor was slightly cracked, he was moaning slightly from his sore muscles. He slowly sat down in a chair as he winced in pain.

"What happened to you Mousse?" Bra asked with concern.

"I did a bit of training with you father." Mousse said tiredly.

Vegeta walked in, as if nothing happened to him.

"Vegeta, what did you do to the poor young man?" Bulma said annoyed.

"I was easy on the boy." Vegeta said as he turned towards Mousse, "You better be up tomorrow since we will continue. Do you understand?"

"Yes sir." Mousse said weakly.

Vegeta walks off to bathroom to wash himself.

"Wow. Dad must have really accepted you." Bra said.

"That’s acceptation!?" Mousse said in shock.

"Yeah. Dad never let’s anyone train with him and if he did, he would have pounded you into the ground." Bra said.

Mousse did a face fault on the kitchen table.

"The poor thing and it’s his first day with your father." Bulma contemplated and Bra nodded in agreement as she carefully wrapped her arm around the injured blind male Amazon.

Just then Trunks enters the family kitchen. "Morning everyone," he greeted and sees Mousse lying face flat on the table, "I see Dad has been training your new boyfriend."

"Come on Trunks, he just had a rough first day with Daddy." Said Bra with a hint of blush on her face.

Trunks tries to talk to the tired Mousse. "So how are you doing Buddy?"

Mousse just grunted and whimpered a bit.

"Well at least Dad let him have enough strength to speak." Said Trunks playfully.

"Why don’t you two kids take Mousse somewhere to get wash up for breakfast?" Bulma requested.

Bra and Trunks where at Mousse’s side as they each took his arm and carried him out of the kitchen. They reached Bra’s room and put Mousse on her bed.

"Well that should do it for now." Trunks said and winked at Bra, "Don’t do anything to your tired boyfriend then he is now."

"Why you!" Bra said as she grabbed a pillow and threw it at Trunks who ran out of her room.

Bra turned her sights towards Mousse and smile at him as he still had his eyes closed. She blushed slightly as she remembered her dreams from last night as she went to the closest to grab a pair of clothes for the day.

"He really is cute when he sleeps." Bra said as she went to the bathroom to change.

As Bra started to change, Mousse started to wake up. He sat up slowly, still feeling the sore and pain coursing through his body from Vegeta’s training.

"Where am I…."

The bathroom door opened and Bra came out. Mousse turned to her and had a slight blushed on her face. Bra was wearing a white halter top, showing off her midriff, with a little crown design on the front of the shirt and a pair of jeans that were loose but hugged her curves just right.

Bra smiled at Mousse, "Feel better Mousse?"

"Still sore and hungry." Mousse said.

"Well you should get wash and changed then we can have breakfast." Bra said.

Mousse stood up weakly and walked towards the bathroom door and closed it gently.

 

It was after a good breakfast, that Bra was driving in her car with Mousse sitting right next to her in the front passenger side of the car. Mousse was wearing his usual outfit in the series. He looked at Bra with a curious look.

"Where are we going Bra?" Mousse asked.

"Since you are staying with us, we have to get you some clothes." Bra said with a smile.

Mousse sweat drop, "I really don’t have a lot of money though."

Even working at the Cat Café, he never had that much money. He was basically getting an American cent worth in yen by the hour. He had to ask Cologne for a loan for money and she would add it to his bill in living expense, food, and so on so forth. If that wasn’t one of the many signs that Cologne not liking Mousse…….

"Don’t worry about it, Mom said that we can buy as much as we want." Bra said reassuring.

"But….." Mousse said.

Bra smiled and winked at him, "I don’t take no for a answer."

Mousse blushed at the wink and smiled back, "If that is alright with you then."

Bra smiled and they soon arrived at the Mall.

 

Once inside, Mousse was engulfed by the many numbers of stores, small shops, and eating-places.

"I take it this is your first time in a mall." Bra assumed.

"Well we never really had something like this back in my village," Mousse confessed, "and the Cat Café is usually surrounded by small time business."

"Is that the case then let me show you around." Bra volunteered and guided Mousse by holding his hand. The thick-eyeglass wearing blushed brightly by the princess’s touch. Their first stop was a men’s casual clothing shop.

"Hello there Bra," the store’s manager greeted, "it’s always a pleasure seeing you here." Then he spots Mousse standing next to her. "And who is this?"

"Hi Sean," Bra returned the manager’s greeting, "this is Mousse and were here to buy some new clothes for him."

Sean looked around Mousse examining his robes. Mousse not sure if he could feel comfortable about letting some strange man looking at him like this. "My dear boy let me say that you are making a very bold fashion statement."

Mousse didn’t know what to think of what Sean meant so he just simply said, "Um Thank you," and bows down.

"Um yeah, anyway Sean, we’re wondering if you have something for him." Bra indicated Mousse to Sean.

"For you Dearie, anything," Sean was more than willing to help Bra find clothes her new friend since she and her mother are the store’s most valued customers. "Now what kind of clothes would you want for your friend here?"

"Just simple regular comfort guy clothes." Bra answered.

"Say no more we have everything that you need here." Sean confirmed his word, "now just take your friend to the dressing rooms at the end and I’ll go see what I can find." He directed Bra and Mousse to the dressing rooms and goes in search of clothes that might be Mousse’s size.

"Are you sure you’re okay about this Bra?" Mousse asked, he didn’t want to be a burden to her and her family.

"Don’t worry about it Mousse," Bra reassured her new boyfriend, "Considered this as a treat. Now you go in that dressing room and prepare to try some new clothes."

Mousse did as Bra directed and she closed the curtain after he got in. The blind Amazon male from China handed the Princess of Saiyans his robes and pants and some other things.

"Um Mousse," Bra handed him back his boxers with the duckies all over it, "you might want these back."

"Oops!" Mousse exclaimed with embarrassment in his voice and quickly snatched his boxers back. "Sorry about that."

Bra had to keep her eyes away as Mousse put his unmentionables back on. Of course those voices in her head were debated whether or not should the princess at least take a small and quick peek.

"Oh please just one little look?" Begged Bra 2.

"No, we don’t people think we’re sluts!" Bra 1 debated.

"But it will be just a small glimpse." Bra 2 countered.

"But what if someone we know sees us?" Bra 1 tried to reason Bra 2.

"Then I say we blast them into the next dimension." Saiyan Bra jumped in.

"Oh please, you sound just like our father." Bra stated her comparison between the saiyan counter part and Vegeta.

"So, we’ve both saw each other naked when we tried to give his cute ducky side a bath." Bra 2 reminded.

"Exactly, so we are just as guilty as he is." Saiyan Bra agreed, "besides we only saw the top portions of him and I want to see the reason why his mother named him Mousse." She added with a sly and lusty smirk.

"No no we mustn’t," Bra tried to talk sense to her two companions, "we are not that kind of girl."

"Aw you’re no fun." Bra 2 made her cute pouty face. Fortunately Bra’s thoughts were interrupted when Sean came back with an armload of clothes.

"Here you go Bra, fresh new clean set of clothes." Sean presented the clothes to Bra.

"Thank you Sean," Bra handed them to Mousse, "here Mousse try these and see of any of them fit."

"Okay," Mousse received the clothes and tries the first section, "I feel sort of strange wearing these new clothes."

"Don’t worry about it," Bra consoled, "now lets see what you got on."

Mousse shyly stepped out wearing a white cotton polo shirt with blue stripes across the chest and a pair of grey pants.

"Very nice," Bra gave her approval, "you picked out the right ones Sean."

"Well when I first saw him I could’ve sworn that I heard ‘POLO’ screaming in my head." Sean said.

"Now why don’t you try some of the other clothes, Mousse?" Bra directed and Mousse went back in the dressing room.

The second outfit was a navy blue shirt with four little white diamonds over his heart and blue jeans. The third outfit was a yellow long-sleeved dress shirt with outlined diamonds all over it and black slacks. Fourth outfit; green short-sleeved dress shirt with white pin stripes and khaki cargo pants that comes down to the bottoms of the knees. And the fifth outfit was a red tank top that outlines his muscular chest and a pair black shorts.

Bra almost went into heat when she saw Mousse in that final outfit. "Okay I think that’s it for now." She told Sean and Mousse, trying to resist the urge to jump on myopic cursed male and marked him as her mate. "We’ll take them all." Handed Sean her credit card and he gladly accepted.

"Wonderful, now if you just follow me I’ll ring all of it up." Sean led Bra and Mousse to the register and charged up for Mousse’s new clothes.

Minutes later, Bra and Mousse were walking around the mall with two bags of the Amazon’s new clothes. "Thank you for buying these new clothes for me Bra." Mousse showed great gratitude wearing the first outfit that he tried on. "I promise I’ll find away to repay you for your generosity."

"Oh you don’t have to do that," Bra settled Mousse’s mind at rest, "I’m happy to help," she decided on what do next, "now how about we also get you some new lenses for your glasses."

"Are you sure that will be okay with you?" Mousse didn’t want to take advantage of her charity.

"Like I said I won’t take no for an answer." Bra reminded him, "besides the those thick soda bottle bottoms are hiding those nice teal-colored eyes of yours."

Mousse violently blushed beet red when Bra complemented him on his eyes. No one has ever look at my eyes not even Shampoo.

"Come on, I know this eyeglass place where my mom took my brother for his glasses and I’m sure they’ll be glad to help." The demi-Saiyan Princess took Mousse’s hand again and showed to the eyeglass store.

The optometrist was looking at the test results of Mousse’s eye exam and his frames and was baffled by what he discovered. "Well Ms. Briefs-Vegeta, according to your friend’s outcome," He tried to explain the situation, "his eyesight is nowhere in the medical records in history."

"But is there anything you can do?" Bra asked anxiously. She really wanted to help Mousse with is visual problem.

"Well I could recommend some contact lenses or laser surgery," the doctor suggested, "but I’m afraid that they might cause more damage to his eyes than his old glasses and make him permanently blind. Plus the fact his condition is somewhat hereditary."

"Oh I see," Bra felt bad that she can’t new lens for Mousse, "I’m sorry Mousse."

"It’s okay," Mousse showed that there are no hard feelings, "I know that you did your best but my family always have bad eyesight and there are no eye doctors in my village." He confessed, "that’s why I always have those coke-bottle glasses since we couldn’t afford real ones." Hanging his head in shame.

"However there might be a way," the doctor was giving them a glimpse of hope, "we have this special eye care kit for people who with unusual problems." He brought out the kit he was talking about. "Perhaps it might help him as well." The kit consists of some special eye drops, pills, some eye cream, and one of those holeless eye masks that some people wear when they go to sleep. "These eye drops will clear up your eyes from any debris that tears can’t sometimes get out. And these pills will help repair your eyesight from inside your system. Only take one pill a day in the morning and put in the eye drops afterwards. And you put this eye cream on around your eyes before you go to bed to help get rid of any puffiness and dark circles around the eyes. Finally you wear this mask when you sleep."

"Are you sure this will help me with my eyesight?" Mousse couldn’t believe that there is something that might help with his near sightedness.

"They should as long as you follow the directions." The optometrist guaranteed, "as for getting new lenses, I was thinking putting those transcending lens that turns dark when in sunlight."

"Oh they’ll be perfect for him." Bra liked the idea of having those special lenses for Mousse.

"Very well," the doctor turns to Mousse, "now Mr. Mousse, before I can put in those lenses, is there something that you do?"

"Well I’m a martial artist and lots of times my glasses get knocked off when I am fighting." Mousse confessed.

"I see," the doctor searched for an answer for Mousse’s problem, "perhaps there is a solution, since you are good friends with Ms. Briefs-Vegeta here I’ll let you have a pair of strapped on goggles on a discount."

"You really mean that?" Mousse was very happy about this.

"Of course," the eye doctor declared, "they are usually worn by skiers and people who enjoyed outdoor sports. Why not martial artist. And I’ll even put in those lenses in them as well."

"That will be great," Bra exclaimed very happily and brought out her credit card, "just put them in my family’s account."

"Very well Ms. Briefs-Vegeta and I’ll have them ready in about an hour." The doctor accepted the credit card to have it scanned and returned to her.

Afterwards, Mousse and Bra where having lunch at the food court of the mall. They decided to have Chinese food from Famous Wong. Mousse was having Sweet and Sour chicken while Bra was having a cooked vegetables special of the day.

"So enjoying yourself Mousse?" Bra asked.

"I have to say that it has great" Mousse said," I’m really gong to have to figure a way to pay you back for all of this."

‘I can think of many ways for you to do that.’ Bra 2 said in Bra’s mind.

Bra shook the thought away as she smiled at him, "You don’t have to do anything."

"Well, are we done here after we eat?" Mousse asked.

Bra smirked playfully, "We still have a lot of shopping to do here. We are not even half done here."

Mousse sweat drop as had a look of nervous person.

 

It was hours later in the late after noon when Bra walk inside her house, "I’m home!"

Bulma stuck her head out of the kitchen, "Hey dear, how was your day?"

"It went well mom." Bra said with a smile.

"Say where is Mousse?" Bulma asked.

Just then Mousse staggers in, with arm full of shopping bags from different clothing stores.

"A little help here……"

Bra rushes over and grabs some of the bag, "You didn’t have to carry all of those bags at once."

"Well I figure I do the gentlemen thing and do it." Mousse said with a sweat drop.

Bra smiled, "Well that was nice of you."

Bulma smirked at this, "Why don’ you two put those away and dinner will be ready shortly."

Mousse and Bra took all of the bags and carried them off to her room. They did not noticed Bulma smiling at them.

Dinner was the same with nothing different going on. They eat, talked and enjoyed themselves. It was a few hours when Mousse was putting the eye cream around his eyes. He carefully poured a cold glass of water as in not to get the cream wet and became a duck. He walked out of the room and lay down on his pillow.

"Good night Mousse." Bra said as she petted his head and place the mask on his face.

Mousse quacked as in saying good night and rested his head on the pillow. Bra smiled softly at the scene and went to sleep herself.

Meanwhile in Bulma’s and Vegeta’s bedroom, Bulma was reading a book as Vegeta was on his side.

"Say Vegeta, what do you think of Mousse." Bulma said.

"That weakling needs a lot of work." Vegeta said without turning to the other side.

Bulma smirked, as she understands Vegeta a lot better then anyone else.

"Well I think he is a nice guy and I think Bra is getting attached to him."

Vegeta just hmmped in responds.

"I wonder what would their children look….." Bulma said with a smirk.

Vegeta for a second went ridged at that thought but relaxed, "I don’t think that boy would have the nerve to make that move."

Bulma smiled more at Vegeta. Bra had a lot of dates over at the house. All it took was Vegeta’s ‘look’ and the guys would run away with a fearful look on their faces. But Vegeta was training Mousse and allowing him to stay, something that anyone would be surprised of.

"Turn off that light Bulma, I rather be sleeping then listening to this useless conversation." Vegeta said.

Bulma put the book down, turned off the light and kissed Vegeta on the neck, "Night Vegeta."

If one could see in the dark, they would see a blushing Vegeta falling asleep.

To be continued……

Well it seems that Vegeta was starting to warm up to Mousse. Will Mousse be able to survive Vegeta’s training sessions? And will a ‘bond’ form between the male Amazon Warrior and the Princess of all Saiyans? Find out next time in "The Duck and the Princess".