Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction / Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Urbania ❯ Revolution: The Sextus Betrayal ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Later that day, Serena gathered up a plate of dinner from the table and started to take it to Ryo. Heero grabbed her wrist and demanded to know what she was doing.

"Ryo told me to bring it," she said. Heero snickered.

"Whatever. You just want to poison it for him." That thought never occurred to Serena. She pushed it away, pulling her wrist from Heero's grasp.

"If you don't believe me, just come along, but don't get mad at me when he bitches you out."

Heero shouldered his rifle and stood from beside Relena. Serena carried Ryo's tray and swayed her hair, now hanging strait down and waving sweetly at Heero. Heero walked silently behind her through the quiet residence hall, his ear twitching to the sound of Sage and Kento conversing with Rowen and Cye in the Arms room. Serena stopped by the door. She looked at Heero. Heero rolled his eyes and opened the door. Serena slipped in before Heero took a step in.

"Ryo, dinner," Serena called softly to him in his light slumber. She set his plate on the vanity stand and sat on the bed in front of him. She brushed her hand over his wispy bangs. He opened his eyes slowly and smiled at her, holding her hand to his cheek. He laid eyes on Heero.

"Beat it," Ryo grumbled at him. Heero backed out of the room and shut the door. He leaned against it, hanging his head. He hated living here, as of then. Ryo could show Serena how he felt about her. He'd figured that Ryo's feelings for Serena went beyond lust, but now he knew that Ryo probably loved her. He was jealous. He had to be tougher than Ryo; no Man wants a weak, emotional Guard. And no abused Woman wants a Man to just turn around and love her, just like that. He wished she hadn't broken all that time ago…

He picked his head up and returned to the dining room.

Ryo claimed he was still feeling bad the next day. Serena was made to abandon her chores to take care of Ryo. She fed him breakfast, lunch, and dinner in bed, and Ryo didn't have him same sex drives. Serena wondered if the needle had something to do with it. In any case, Serena pulled his food together and fed him and administered his medication. The next day's lunch was beef stew, biscuits, and mixed vegetables. Serena spooned the soup into Ryo's mouth. Ryo turned away.

"It's too hot," he complained. Serena blew on it until the steam was gone. She offered it to him. He ate it.

"It's too cold."

"Ok, you blow it," she decreed. She held the spoon to his mouth.

"I might get hot stuff on me." Serena dropped her shoulders and rolled her eyes. Serena blew the next spoonful until the steam was almost gone and fed it to Ryo. Ryo ate it, nodding in approval, and then shaking his head.

"It needs salt." Serena sighed and reached for the saltshaker, putting in just a pinch.

"More." She added a pinch more.

"More." She added a pinch more.

"More." She added half a pinch more.

"Not that much," Ryo whined.

"For God's Sake!" Serena exclaimed, "Is there no pleasing you?!"

"I just wanted a little salt-"

"You know what, put your own damn salt in, since apparently I can't."

"What, just-"

"Just what?" she argued, "I did exactly what you told me to. Why don't you just eat?"

"I'm not hungry anymore. Get me a book."

Serena cried out in frustration. She snatched up his tray and left the room. Ryo smiled when she was storming out and was still smiling when her cute self came back. She looked at him, reciprocating his smile.

"What?"

"Nothing." He muttered. She sat down in the vanity chair. "Sit on the bed beside me. I want to read along with you."

"Who said I'm reading to you? You can read."

"Yeah, I know. But I want you to read to me. I was never read to as a child."

Serena rolled her eyes. "Let's negotiate. I'll read you the first…" she flipped through the book, "five chapters. Then I'm going to do my chores, because you're driving me crazy."

Ryo laughed. "Am I driving you crazy?"

"Yes you are." Ryo laughed. Serena smiled and shook her head.

"Just read til I fall asleep."

"Oh, no," Serena argued, "I know this trick. You're not going to sleep. You're just saying that."

Ryo chuckled. "Yep."

Serena snorted. "You are such a baby."

"So I've been told."

"Oh, so there are others who agree with me?"

"No. You're the first to say. But now I know. I'm a baby. Baby Ryo. Ha," he laughed. Serena rolled her eyes.

"Men," she muttered.

"Come on, Rena, read to me."

"OK, OK, chill out. I'm reading." Serena read to him. It was a romance novel. Nothing had really happened by the time the fifth chapter rolled around, but Ryo was all into it. Serena paused.

"Do you always read romance novels?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, keep going. You left off where Veronique was sneaking out to see Reginald." Ryo put his arm around her and held one side of the book, essentially cuddling. Serena leaned on his chest. She read to him more. As the novel went on, Veronique, a rich young widow living in Revolutionary France, returned to live with her father after her much older husband died in the American Civil War. She was falling in love with a farmhand named Eric, who was really a fugitive from Burgundy. As time went on, Eric slowly began to fall in love with her as well, and convinced her that the French monarchy was evil. She believed him, and the two conspired to liquidate her assets and elope so they could invest the money in bringing down Louis. The father, of course, disapproved, believing very much in the monarchy, and locked his daughter in a room that could only be accessed if one went through the front door of the house. Her daring lover did just that, and liberated her without killing her father. That was pretty much the first part, and Serena discovered that Ryo enjoyed reading period romances. Serena did, too. Serena closed the book.

"Hey, what-"

"Look what time it is," she pointed to his watch. It was almost midnight.

"Damn, missed dinner." He sulked, lying down. He hugged her waist.

"Yeah, tell me about it," Serena grunted, especially irked. A devilish grin crossed Ryo's face.

"Let's sneak some out of the kitchen."

"Cool." Serena smiled. Ryo took her hand and slipped out of their room. He scampered down the hall as if it were some great crime for the top Man and his favorite Woman to be getting some food. They pushed the door to the kitchen open carefully and went in. Serena looked in the refrigerator. Ryo's massive dinner leftovers were there. Serena heated them up and served him part of his meal. She served herself the other part. Ryo lifted her and sat her on the counter before jumping up himself. He reached over and poured wine for both of them. They toasted and ate and drank.

"This is delicious. What is it?"

"Dorothy's specialty. She told me she was cooking it today. Baked lemon chicken and gravy over rice, brown sugar carrots, mixed peas, rolls, cornbread, scalloped potatoes, and fried ice cream for dessert. Isn't it great?"

"You said it, just don't tell Heero you did; he'll have a fit."

Serena paused. She spoke softly, "Why do you let him treat Relena like he does, Ryo? I really wish you wouldn't let him do her like that."

Ryo sighed. "There's really nothing I can do-"

"Bullshit! There's go to be something you can do! You're a Man, he's your Guard, there has got to be something you can do-"

"What, Serena, what do you want me to do?"

"Save her!" Serena burst into unexpected tears and almost dropped her plate. Ryo sighed and took her plate, holding her in his arms while she wept. He shushed her, trying to console her.

"It's ok, it's ok, Relena will live. She may be broken, but she's no quitter."

"That's not why I'm crying."

"What's wrong?"

"It's you."

"What'd I do now?"

"You believe in this evil of slavery."

Ryo paused. "I'm not sure I believe in it."

"Then why do you do it, Rye?" Serena called him by the nickname Heero had given him. He thought that was cute and almost smiled when he said:

"That is what I was raised to know and believe in. I don't know why."

"Who forced you to believe?"

Ryo looked at her with a blank look unlike the one he'd shone her at the first dinner. It was a blank look of desperation, of misunderstanding, of being lost, of grief. He looked away. Serena wiped her face and slid off the counter. She hugged him. He held her back, now completely unsure of what emotion he should be feeling.

Ryo faked sick for two more days and refused to take his medicine during that time. His recovery was miraculous to some, but a big ploy to Serena. She knew he was faking. The strange thing was the fact that she actually enjoyed taking care of him. He claimed he was well after they read the last of Ryo's novel.

"….Veronique watched helplessly as Reginald was dragged to the guillotine. His head was pushed into the last small space he would ever share with God on Earth. Her heart longed to cry out, to scream his name, to save him from the sacrifice he would make to save her life. But she couldn't, she couldn't. Tears lined her starry eyes as the cruel blade came down on her love's neck, and she wailed a mournful wail inside, the beggar woman standing perfectly still in the street with a perfect view of the assailant, clad in wet rags." Serena stopped, and closed the book. "The end."

Ryo kissed her. "Thank you."

She smiled sweetly and kissed him back. "You're welcome." They smiled at each other. The smiles slowly faded. They leaned in. Ryo moved the book from Serena's hand and slid his hand around her waist. Serena ran her hand through his lovely black hair and kissed him deeply. She pulled away, but he held her. She looked into his heavenly eyes. He had acquired more handsomeness with that one kiss than she ever realized he'd had.

"God, you're beautiful." He whispered. Serena was plumper from the previous night's hearty meal and lovemaking. Her hair, as usual, was more a blond fog that hung about her shapely body. Despite her working clothes, Ryo began to think she was the most beautiful Woman he'd ever laid eyes on, even more so than…anyone. Serena flushed and looked away.

"No, wait, don't turn away, let me look at you." Ryo gently guided her face back to his. She looked at him shyly. Ryo shook his head in disbelief. "You are the most beautiful Woman I've ever seen or known."

"Is that all I'm good for to you? Sex and kissing and someone to take care of you?" Serena demanded, attempting to ruin the moment. Ryo stayed perfectly in it. He shook his head.

"You're a good cook, too."

Serena laughed through a smile and started to turn away again. Ryo laid his hands on his shoulders and tugged her beautiful body.

"Look at me," He said quietly. She glanced. He caught her with a kiss. He noticed for the first time how gentle and full her lips were, and what comfort they brought him. There was something about her that made her seem more radiant than she'd ever been, on this one great day.

"Ryo, I'm too much trouble."

"I'd go through it all again and pay a million dollars to look in your eyes."

Serena looked at him like a Woman would look hard at her lover for sincerity. Ryo's eyes said that he meant what he'd said. They also mentioned he didn't realize that he'd meant what he'd said. Serena blinked innocently. Ryo realized what he'd said and realized he'd meant it. He slowly released his hold on her. He leaned away. Serena didn't move at first. She was still looking deep into his eyes, just like him. She touched his hand. He looked down at the hand she'd touched. For a moment, he could have sworn it glowed. She gave him a sincere look and stood quietly. The way she stood away from him made him want to take her up and hold her and never let go. He didn't even have to make love to her ever again; to be able to lay beside her in a bed forever and ever would suffice. He was so caught up in his moment, he wasn't aware that thoughts of marriage were creeping up on him, a ceremony that had been unofficially outlawed decades ago in Tokyo. He could spend the rest of his life with Serena. A blast shook his thoughts.

Outside, the door to the residence hall flew off and Heero and the other Guards hurried out from the dining room to see what the matter was. A Woman with wild white hair and eyes bore a PSG-1 and hollered at a violet-haired Woman behind her with a rifle just as big.

"Tell Tenchi I said we've got opposition, Ayeka!" The wild-haired one yelled.

"Ryoko called opposition!" She yelled over her shoulder. The two aimed their rifles at Heero and his band. "Put 'em up!"

Heero started to get his rifle, but the one named Ryoko aimed and charged the gun. "I said 'freeze'!"

"What the hell do you think you're doing? YOU don't even know-"

Ryoko shot Heero in his shoulder. "Freeze has a double meaning: stop and shut up." Heero didn't fall or scream, but did cry out in surprise. Tenchi 'Loyal Six' Masaki strolled in with a strange belt full of grenades around his waist and a large semi in his hand. A short chick with pink hair came in but remained in the entrance, and a girl her size with sky-blue locks and two other Women, one with a royal blue mane and one blonder than Serena cam in carrying guns of different sizes and calibers. Tenchi aimed the gun at Duo, who was attempting to assist the injured Heero.

"Drop the weapons." He said solemnly. Tenchi was authoritative, but he was obviously holding back. The rest of the Guards dropped their weapons, except Heero, who had it in a position he couldn't reach with him bad shoulder and could get because his other hand held the would closed. All but the little pink girl gathered in the middle to Tenchi's side. Relena stepped out of the dining room. She gasped. Ryoko saw her and aimed. Heero's eyes went wide.

"Relena!" He screamed, throwing himself in front of her and his arms around her. Ryoko's rifle went off and Heero was hit in the back seven times. Relena screamed and Heero collapsed on her.

"NO! Heero! Why, Heero, why?" He forced a smile.

"It's a man's prerogative to protect the Woman he loves." She fell down to her knees with her groaning Man. She whimpered. Ryoko laughed and slapped Tenchi on the back.

"Heero…" Her eyes spilled tears on her face. Ryo had stepped out of his room and was looking at Tenchi. Serena was a few feet away from him, in the middle of the hallway, unprotected. Ryo rushed out and stood in front of her. Tenchi looked at him before he got a chance to see Serena hiding behind him.

"So, the extravagant coward emerges," Tenchi mocked. Ryo didn't say anything, and tried to stand as normal as possible to hide Serena. Tenchi gestured to Ryoko and she was at his side. They both aimed at Ryo.

"Do you remember Ryo, when you were born?" Ryoko asked.

"Can't say that I do," Ryo muttered.

"Let me say this: you should have been my son, not Sakuya's. So I got rid of you. Tenchi here almost got involved in your life again. But I couldn't let that happen, so we came to the mutual decision to kill you."

"That's a first," Ryo said sarcastically, "Somebody actually wants to kill me."

Heero groaned softly to Relena. "Relena…."

"Heero?!" she almost shrieked. He forced a smile.

"Pull the trigger," he strained.

"What?"

"The trigger. Pull the trigger." Relena's eyes traveled down the gun Heero couldn't reach. In an awkward position, the barrel of the gun was pointing to the gigantic chandelier in the middle of the ceiling. Relena reached for the trigger, trying not to change the aim, and pushed it hard. The was a sonic boom right in her face, but Loyal Six and his crew whipped around and looked in her direction, seeing nothing. The chandelier fell silently and crashed on the six intruders in the middle of the room, crushing them all to death with one blow and a surge of blood. A fragment of crystal rolled two inches from the wreckage and hit the tip of Ryo's sneaker. Serena was grasping the back of his shirt for dear life, petrified of what was going on. Ryo looked over his shoulder. Tenchi's last whore stood in the doorway, looking absolutely shocked. Serena saw her. She pushed a small button on her watch over and over again, muttering to it in a frustrated tone, "Activate! Activate! Explode! Come on!" Serena suddenly knew that the pink one had strapped the grenades to Tenchi's waist, and now they were malfunctioning, probably because the chandelier disabled something on the bombs. The pink girl gave up and ran. Serena didn't know why, but an emergency courage she had locked away was unleashed and she sprinted after her.

Having longer legs and experience running from Hunters, Serena easily caught her and pushed her head against a door, knocking her out cold.

Two days later, the bloody mess in the middle of the residence hall was gone, and Men, Women, and Guards all pitched in. The girl who'd been caught (Cye identified her as Washu) refused to divulge any information about what had just happened and shot her self in the head. Her body was buried at sea, like the whole Loyal Six crew. Before she'd shot herself, however, she wailed in a crazed voice, "Revolution is upon us!"

Author's note: For those of you that have been wondering, I named this chapter 'The Sextus Betrayal' because 'sextus' means 'six' in Latin or Greek. With 'Revolution: Empathy,' I was referring to the empathy Ryo felt with his sexual assault. In the upcoming 'Revolution: Tears of Sorrow and Joy,' I am referring to Ryo, Serena, and Mistress Valentine.

I've been considering putting some original fiction up, but I'm just a wee bit frightened of plagiarism…I any case, give me a shout if you thinkee I should. Thank you for reading my work. Expect more Ryo/Sailor Moon romance when I finish this, and before the next chapter of Urbania comes out, I've got to update 'The Secret War.' Peace.

Xoxo,

Alexandria the Great

P.s. I will probably be changing my penname soon to Alexandria, Queen of Geats.