Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction / Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Urbania ❯ Revolution: Tears of Sorrow and Joy ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey all, sorry for the wait!

Ok, ok, I know I haven't updated The Secret War like I promised I would, but I can't get in touch with Knux…I wonder if he's still alive…

Anywho, I apologize for the wait, all you Urbania fans. Please forgive the Great (I know you still love me…)!

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but this will probably be over in four more chapters (including this one).

Also…look out for updates on For Real and Girl of Magic, Past of Pain. After this, I intend to put out three more Sailor Moon Crossover romances:

>>>Gun Tricks Are Deadly (Ryo/Sailor Moon)

>>>Buccaneers and Buried Gold (Ryo/Sailor Moon)

>>>Days Go By (Trunks/Sailor Moon) ßsongfic

I do still intend to write up those GW fics. 02 about 2xH will be out first probably.

And now, on with Urbania! Getting good, people, getting good!

Ryo had come that close to blowing five grand. But, looking back, he had spent well.

His friends still thought he was crazy.

He really didn't care. Serena was opening up feeling within him he didn't recognize, and he was deciding whether or not to let her go.

He wanted her to die with him when they were old.

He was almost afraid of these feelings he had for her, feelings that almost got him killed three days ago when he had to rush out and hide Serena from his….Loyal Six.

He was laying in bed now, staring up at the ceiling, feeling the silence of the Women all around him, somehow knowing Serena was being quiet, at the same time expecting Heero to burst through the door any second, dragging Serena by her wrist, alerting him of her beating. He could see Serena with tears in her eyes, fighting with Heero still, even after her beating. She would probably kick him in the shin, kick him in the face, beat him down, and yell, "How do you like getting a beating?!"

That probably would happen again, so it was in Heero and Cye's best interests that she go.

Serena, the reincarnation of Relena.

Serena, the Woman who forced herself over all.

Serena, the one who refused to be broken.

Serena, the first ever to own Ryo's heart.

Ryo sat up. He slapped himself. The feeling didn't shake. His eyes widened. Tears lined the rim of his eyes.

Ryo was in love with Serena. He was in love. He was in love.

Ryo opened the door to the bathroom. Serena was finishing up moping the floor. Ryo looked at her blankly.

"No, wait," she started irritably, "I know: 'When you finish the bathroom, go wash the car, rotate the tires, replace the hubcaps with the new ones, Windex the windows, vacuum the floor, polish the leather, shine up the rear view mirror, put it back in the garage, cook your hamburger medium well done with chili and cheese French fries and a pickle in the middle of the sandwich and your lettuce chopped, not diced, with three slices of onion, four table spoons of ketchup and four kinds of melted cheese with the sesame seeds picked off the bun and twelve ice cubes in your tea."

Ryo looked blank. "Yes," he muttered. Serena shrugged and turned to pick up the mop and bucket. Ryo watched her. Her great long hair was tied up in one big bun and a bandana was wrapped around her forehead. She stopped and looked at Ryo.

"Ryo, I hate when you just watch me like that. What do you want?"

Ryo was still just blank. He had no idea how to go about telling someone you love them. Tears began to make their way back to his eyes and he shook his head, looking for something-anything-she could do with him.

"I want a massage," he grumbled randomly. Serena shook her head.

"I can't I've got too much to do." Ryo took the mop from her hands and threw it to the ground, enveloping her in his embrace. He released her lips after a deep, passionate kiss, but his arms didn't budge.

"Somebody else will have to. I want you now."

The small crow's feet on each side of Serena's eye area moistened when she looked in his eyes. They were clouded with life, but clearly in love.

Serena dotted Ryo's cologne lotion on his back and rubbed it in slow, heavy circles. She sat on his lower back, rubbing away the care in his shoulders. He moaned with her every touch. When she lifted up to reach his neck, he turned over and she sat on his groin. He laid his hands on her hips and looked into her eyes. Free me, they begged. Serena felt she shouldn't remove his hands and get off. She ran her hands up his hard arms to his shoulders, and massaged the lotion that remained on her hands into his chest. Ryo took her little hands and touched them warmly to his sweet lips, guiding them to his cheek. The other hand followed the lead of the first. Ryo took Serena by her shoulders and pulled her down to his face, raising up just a bit to meet her. Once their lips locked, he laid back down and pressed her back against his chest. Her hands slid between her and him as her mouth played in his and he caressed her back. He moved his hand up to the nape of her neck so her delicious lips couldn't get away, and arched his leg, pushing her up higher on his chest. He had also pushed her up high enough for her to push away. She was high up.

"Will that be all, Ryo?" she whispered. He sat up and laid his lips on hers. She pulled away again, this time succeeding in getting off of him, only to have him grasp her arm and push her under him. Normally, Serena would scream when he did this, because she didn't like it. Now if he got off of her, she would pull him right back down. They kissed deeply, and Serena wrapped both of her arms around his neck, telling him he shouldn't have let go the first time. Ryo didn't bother getting undressed; Serena undressed him.

They kept it up for two hours. Serena was tired and about to fall asleep when Ryo shook her gently. She smiled in her sleep. He smiled back and kissed her cheek. She opened her eyes.

"Hi, Rye," she greeted sweetly. His heart was slowly melting in her eyes.

"Get dressed. We're going someplace special."

Serena's heart stopped. She knew he was just going to take her somewhere and shoot her. She got out of bed slowly. She turned her back to Ryo.

"Don't watch me dress, please, it's my last request."

Ryo turned away in awe. How could she know what he was going to do? She was dressed in a few, and then Ryo dressed. He took her hand and led her out to his jeep.

Relena was outside with Heero, washing his sedan. Neither of them noticed Serena and Ryo. They were both soaking wet and throwing suds at each other. Relena screeched out giggles when Heero chased her around the car and caught her, tickling her until she promised not to soap up his hair. She promised, laughing and crying, and was released. Heero turned his back, and was doused by a traitorous Relena. The chase ensued again. Serena prayed for their moment never to end. Ryo pulled her away, opening the door to his jeep and half-pushing, half-helping her in. Ryo got in.

"Buckle your seatbelt," he instructed. She did as she was told. Ryo drove slowly away.

Serena had never seen Ryo look so….suicidal. He couldn't have been looking at the road, as low as his eyes were.

Serena kept to herself.

Ryo fought back tears and thought about the road he'd paved to this pivotal point. He was twenty-two years old, and never taught to love and honor Women. He looked at Serena. He was incomplete. She was the missing piece of his life. He was the only person he'd ever loved, until now. Now he hated himself-and loved Serena. He wanted to do the right thing for a change, but he didn't want what he was doing to be the right thing. But it was-and it was the first right thing he'd done-for himself and somebody else. His life, for some reason, was playing before his eyes. Then he knew why-in search of a good deed. He could find not one.

"I was taught Women were nothing but slaves," he admitted suddenly.

"That's fairly obvious," Serena replied.

"My father wanted me to live with him and expand his hold on Tokyo," Ryo went on, "but I ran away when I was fourteen and started my own community with my friends. My father never came looking for me. I was gone for two days when I found out my mother was dead, killed by one of my father's whores. And that was it. I was motherless. I never wanted to speak to my father again. After that of course, being on my own, I had to master firearms and the like to protect myself. It was like a year after I ran away from father that I met Heero and his friends. At the time, they were Hunters. But the idea of being a Guard thrilled Heero and his stooges would follow him anywhere*, so that's that. We grew, we bought Women, we instigated fights and shoot-outs with other communities and loose gangs. We gambled and carried on, and somehow, though all of that, I gained a rep for beating my Women to death-"

"You mean that's not true?"

"No. It's not. I don't know where that came from." Ryo realized he'd been babbling. He blushed. Serena smiled. Ryo was suddenly somber again.

"People started to realize who I was and why I had such natural skill. Then entire communities became dedicated to killing me. They found out my ancestors had brought down the old, prosperous Tokyo, and replaced it with this dump of a city and hellish economy. I had one ally against those opposed, one that was more powerful than me, and while he defended me against other gangs, he himself became my greatest nemesis, I guess saving me to fight him."

"Who? Who's your nemesis?"

"My father."

"Your father? Why would your father do that to you?!"

"In the end, it was his whores. But then again, you don't know my father."

"Who was he? Anybody I know?"

Ryo paused. "Sorta."

"Who is it?"

Ryo hesitated. He muttered something barely audible over the grind of the tired against the pavement.

"What?"

"Loyal Six, I said, Tenchi Masaki!"

Serena stopped. "Loyal Six is your father?"

"Yes. His girls are loyal, but very jealous. He used to be called Loyal Seven, but my mother Sakuya was killed. Ryoko was the most jealous of all. I'm positive Ryoko killed her, maybe with Ayeka's help, another one of his. My father loved me, I know he did, but I hated him for letting them kill mother, and Ryoko hated me because I was Sakuya's son."

Ryo's pain lingered in the car. Serena looked hard at him, her eyes trembling with sorrow, threatening to overflow with compassion. She was an orphan, too, but not one whose father allowed her mother to be killed. And she had her Mistress. Ryo had nobody. The Jeep rolled to a stop. Serena looked around.

The place they were in was relatively unfamiliar by daylight, but she knew it was the place she used to live: a small, one-leveled warehouse with filthy windows and a rusty door. She looked at her home. She was home. This was her home. Mistress Valentine would be waiting for her. She probably thought Serena was dead. Serena looked at Ryo. Ryo looked strait ahead, hands firmly grasping the steering wheel, face totally disoriented. He looked at Serena. Serena looked like she didn't have a clue what he was trying to do.

"You're free, Serena." Ryo said softly, "I've brought you back home."

"How did you know? How did you know where I live?"

"Relena told me you said something about Mistress Valentine, and I called Doctor Khushrenada. He told me where you live. He said he used to frequent your Mistress Valentine, and occasionally would see you. He realized it a while after he left. So you can go. I'm not going to change my mind and come back for you."

Serena said nothing. She didn't know what to say. She looked into Ryo's sad, sincere eyes. She stepped out of the car and slammed it shut. Ryo looked away. He didn't want to see Serena walk away from him forever. Seconds later, he felt the car jiggle and heard the door slam. He looked in to Serena's eyes.

"That was a nice outing," she said happily, "Let's go home now."

Ryo stared at her in disbelief. If Heero took Relena home….Heero wouldn't even have to take Relena home! Relena would drop everything and run! Ryo got out of the car and pulled Serena out. She fought him, as she always did.

"Ryo, no, look, hey, I'm not sure I-"

Ryo knocked on the door. Serene gaped in horror.

"Why did you do that?" she demanded angrily. Ryo kissed her.

"I'm thinking of somebody other than myself." The door opened. A tall, voluptuous woman with short, dark hair and eyes stood in the door. Her jaw dropped at the sight of Serena.
"Serena!" she exclaimed, throwing her arms around her pupil. Serena held her, too, and cried, harder than she felt she should, would, or could. She was crying so much, and the more she tried to hold it back, the more tears came. They were pain. They were hatred. They were sorrow. They were joy. Mistress Valentine wept just as hard, nearly chocking poor Serena. She finally let go of her long departed girl. Serena ran past her inside to be with her friends. Mistress Valentine looked at Ryo.

"Master Wildfire."

"Mistress Valentine."

"Thank you for bringing my Serena back. I thought sure she'd been sold."

"She was. I bought her."

Mistress Valentine looked surprised. "Did you….use her…."

"For a time, yes, but she sure is a handful, and I decided she would be best off back home."

"You were thinking of her best interests?"

"I…uh…I guess…" Mistress Valentine caught a glimpse of the look in his eyes. She never thought she would see any Man, let alone Master Wildfire, look like that.

"Well," the Mistress continued, "I thank you with all my heart for bringing Serena back. We've all missed her terribly and love her very much."

"So do I," Ryo almost said, but nodded it away and returned to his car. He started the engine.

"Times are changing," Valentine called to him.

"Excuse me?" Ryo called back.

"Loyal Six is dead, killed by his whores, I heard. Times are changing. Your Guards aren't as useful no was they were a month ago. You'll be needing a Woman to travel with you and keep you safe."

Ryo's heart was to confused for his mind to even work. He acknowledged the Mistress and backed his car to face the other direction. "Take care of her," he called. I don't know what I'd do if I found out something happened to her….

"I certainly will, and thank you again!"

Ryo accelerated out of sight.

A little ways up the road, he pulled over and covered his eyes with one hand. One tear escaped down his chin, but was annihilated by a sideways sweep of his arm. He sniffed and hawked up a wad of phlegm, spitting it as far as he could at the city he hated. He watched his eyes in the rear view mirror until they weren't blood shot anymore.

Serena was greeted with real food and kind faces. Her best friends, Amy, Raye, Lita, and Mina were so happy to see her, they threw an unofficial party with all the other trainees, and Mistress Valentine halted everyone's lessons for the next two days. Serena drank juice and ate sandwiches and rich desserts. Mistress Valentine found her standing by the door, looking out the peephole before bedtime, fully dressed.

"Serena?"

Serena jumped. "Oh, I'm sorry Mistress. I'm not tired."

Mistress stood beside her with her back against the door. "You're looking for Ryo aren't you?"

Serena backed away from the peephole. "He said he's not coming back for me. Why should I look for him?"

Mistress Valentine squatted down and laid her hands on Serena's arms. "Do you love him?"

"Miss Valentine! How could I love him? He's….nothing but a man! And a cruel man!"

"Was it so miserable there?"

"Miserable? Miserable? It was inhumane, the way he treated me, and the way his Guards treat their Women. Especially…" Serena paused. She just then realized she'd left Relena to suffer alone.

"Serena, I don't know if you realize, but that Man is in love with you."

Serena shivered. "Please don't lie to me like that Mistress-"

"Serena, I would never lie to you. I saw love in it's purest form in that Man's eyes."

"But…." Serena whimpered, trying not to cry out. Mistress Valentine looked at her hard.

"Serena, as long as I've known you, you have been one of the most stubborn young ladies I've taught. This is no time to be…yourself. Go to him, Serena."

Serena said nothing, but trembled and tearred up. The sound of a car pulling up infiltrated the moment. Serena moved away from the door as someone knocked. Mistress Valentine opened the door. A familiar voice asked to see Serena. Serena stepped in the doorway. Heero glared at her.

"Heero…."

"Serena, what are you doing here?! Ryo is a mess! Do you have any idea what you've done to that man?!"

Serena threw her arms around Heero and gave him a big hug and a kiss on his cheek. Heero gave a half-smile.

"I'm sorry, Mistress, but I have to go back."

Her Mistress nodded and hugged her. "You always have a home here, Serena." Mistress Valentine kissed her forehead. Heero and Serena hurried out to his sedan and climbed in. Serena waved good-bye to Mistress Valentine. Heero looked seriously stressed out.

"Heero," Serena asked with a sweet smile, "what's the matter?"

"I wish you hadn't left. I thought that fool was going to cry."

"What do you mean?"

"Ryo's like my brother. It hurts me to see him hurt. And I've never seen any Woman conquer him like you have."

Serena was quiet for just a moment. The site of their community appeared.

"We both mean a lot to Ryo, right?"

"Yeah."

"If I promised you never to go away again, you have to promise me something."

Heero looked at her. "No."

Serena thought carefully about her next action. "Ok."

Heero went in through the Arms room first. Ryo was sitting at the table alone. Heero didn't stop or say anything to him. Serena stepped into the Arms room next. She saw Ryo, hanging his head. She cleared her throat. He looked up. His eyes bugged out and he stood up. Serena put her hands on her hips.

"You said you weren't going to change your mind and come back for me," she said, "so I changed my mind and came back for you."

Nothing more was said. Ryo took a few regular paces to Serena and kissed her, gradually adding his hands to hers and applying them the small of her back.

* Not to offend any 02, 03, 04, 05 fans, these guys just stuck together and Heero was their leader.