Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction / Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Urbania ❯ Revolution: The Life ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two and a half bloody months after Serena left Ryo, she was one of the greatest liberators in Tokyo. At the side of the already famous Patricia and Nadine, Serena and Relena liberated well over twelve hundred women from about ninety-five communities. Most of them were far worse than Master Wildfire's. Many had one or no bathrooms, narrow cots for the Men, and piles of straw for the Women. The same ones fed the Women once a week and made them toil day and night, stopping only to have relations, and beat them if the relations weren't completely satisfactory or they didn't work fast enough. These also were the most heavily armed communities, and the women were skilled with the rifles and brainwashed by the men to defend their abusers. To liberate them would require several days of back-and-forth shooting to wear them down, and a storm from four sides. Luckily, by the time the time had come to liberate the ones trapped in these most inhumane of conditions, the group of free and liberated women had grown from just under two hundred to well over a thousand. Though there were other men that supported the movement and helped the fighting women, the most prominent were Milliardo Peacecraft, who did much of the dirty work liberating, and Trieze Khushrenada, whose house was transformed in to the base of the citywide operation.

Things were still very hard for women. For the ones still under their master Men, workload was doubled and beatings were and everyday occurrence, an attempt to stop the ideal of rising and conquering. This defeated many, but many of the defeated became great. For the female liberators, there was little food or water. Days were up to nineteen hours long, and they lived in camps not far from places they planned to liberate. Little sleep could be attained, and despite the fact that there were dozens of guards (male and female), the liberators were required to sleep with either two hand guns and a blade, or a rifle, in case brainwashed women spies and soldiers were in the camp or a nearby community attacked. There plenty of each kind of attack, most happened at the same time, and the casualties racked up.

Perhaps the worst part was the size of the area that needed to be liberated. It extended far beyond Tokyo. It reached as far as Iwaki in the north and Ogaki in the south, though it wasn't nearly as concentrated an evil as Tokyo. Half of the gigantic group was gone; half of those moving in the direction of Iwaki, the other half moving toward Ogaki. There were so many in Tokyo and nearer surrounding areas that the half that stayed were given a run for their money, praying for the relatives hopefully being liberated elsewhere.

With these wretched dangers and an obvious decrease in her physical strength, Serena began to fall in to despondence.

Shortly before dawn one day, Serena was crunched up in a little ball, trying hard for sleep, clutching her gun, when Relena shook her. Serena sat up with a start.

"Time to get up, we've got to go," Relena muttered hoarsely.

Serena trembled from the chilly air and tiredness. She looked at a watched she'd found in a liberated community. "I just fell asleep two and a half hours ago, and I didn't at all night before last."

Relena nodded. "I know, I'm sorry, but you know how things are. You're going to be tired for a long time."

Serena fell back to laying down, physically knocked over by Relena's obvious revelation. Relena pulled Serena to her feet. In the dimness of small fires sprinkled throughout the camp, Serena saw that Relena was just as filthy and exhausted as she was. But se was also more determined. Serena began to wonder which of them had endured the most pain. Relena shook her again.

"….what…"

"Listen to me, Serena, go see if you can find something to eat and maybe a little water. You have so little energy."

"You need some, too."

"I'll try to find some after I get my barrel refilled. You just go. I'll see you in fifteen minutes, and that's when we have to leave."

"Ok," Serena agreed, perking up to the suggestion. She held her rifle low by the barrel, and proceeded to walk the narrow path in the middle of the camp, slightly abated by debris and a few dead-asleep warrioresses. About a quarter-mile away was where Patricia and Nadine slept, a sparse tent made of two pieces of rotting wood and covered with bloody rags. Serena stood at the entrance and cleared her throat. Nadine snapped out of a trance and looked at Serena. Serena could tell that it had been at least four days since Nadine had slept. This diverted Serena's attention. Nadine smiled at Serena, who she had accepted almost as much as she accepted Patricia.

"Glad to see you're up on time. Ready to go?"

"Yes, but you should stay here."

"For what?"

"When was the last time you slept, Nadine?"

Nadine just looked at Serena. She didn't even remember. "…..A week….a week and a half…."

Serena knelt next to Nadine, bringing on a wave of tiredness that almost pushed her over, but she was forced to resist falling asleep in front of Nadine. "Please, Nadine, stay here, get eight hours or ten hours, I'll take your place."

Nadine was astonished. "Serena, no! I can't possibly take a break like that! That's almost a whole day!"

"A whole day's break?" Patricia poked her head out, looking twice as bad as Nadine. Serena's heart hurt for both of them.

"Yes," Serena insisted firmly, "Relena and I can take your place, both of your places. Please let us. We won't disappoint you. You know what incredible fighters we are. Please, both of you stay and rest. There will probably be food at the community we're going to attack. We'll be sure to bring you back some. Just please let us fight for you."

"Serena, I don't know," Patricia looked at Nadine, who looked thoughtful.

"Patricia, I know you believe that you should fight your own battles everyday, and I have an understanding of what everyone expects from you-"

"No you don't," Patricia held her head high, and squinted, pulling away some of the bags under eyes.

"Then let me discover it." Serena held her rifle in an insistent position. Patricia looked at Serena then looked at Nadine. Nadine looked at Patricia and then at Serena. Serena looked at both of them. They looked at each other. Nadine smiled. Patricia stepped out and stood and inch away from Serena.

"We won't be able to help you if you are trapped in a battle you can't win," Patricia confided, "And I know you've never led such a large attack. One little mistake could get you killed, and it would be the greatest of losses. I'm not sure I'm willing to risk you…"

"Believe in me, Patricia. You won't be disappointed. I swear."

Patricia sighed. "I do believe in you, Serena. Please be careful."

Serena nodded and went to tell Relena the arrangement.

Mistress Valentine drove the first jeep in the motorcade of fighters. Serena sat with her in the front, and Amy and Lita in the back. Relena drove the car behind them, with Hilde in the front and Raye and Mina in the back. The dawn was the color of the blood about to be shed-today they were going to one of the worst communities-The Long Community. They arrived when a part of the sun was finally seen on the bottom of the sky. Mistress Valentine slowed down when they were in sight of their target. Serena's eyes went wide. She stood from the jeep and pulled herself up, looking over the roof-bar.

The community was destroyed. Burned remnants of what hadn't been much more than a tortuous barnyard lay, still smoking, ominously below the stench of burned flesh. Serena got out of the car, followed by her ex-mistress, her friends, and Relena. They all looked at the fallen community in complete awe.

"Now just what the hell happened here?!" Relena exclaimed. Serena shook her head in disbelief. Serena heard a noise, a sort of noise one would make when walking though a wooded area. Serena made a gesture for everyone to freeze, and they did, but the sound of walking continued. Master Long was suddenly visible though the smoke.

"Fire!" He screamed, bullets flying from all around him.

The liberators, taken completely by surprise, scattered. Serena gasped, holding her gun with both hands, did a forward tumble and shot madly from behind a slender pole of wood. Serena pulled the pin from a dummy grenade with her teeth and tossed it. The shots at the liberators ceased at once and Serena initiated a blitzkrieg. With Serena on foot and the majority of the rest on wheels, they flew at the fort hidden behind the smoking remains, Serena immediately took down two armed guards, and the rest of the Guards were run over by the arriving motorcade, or crushed by the cars crashing through the entrance. Just inside was a line of machine guns awaiting a crowd of infantry women, whose operators scattered at the sight of the cars; those who didn't leave their posts were lucky to hit a just-in-range driver on the shoulder and then were immediately run over. Women fighting for the community dropped their guns and headed for an exit in the back. Most pf the men that still fought were shot down and those that didn't may or may not have been assaulted. Relena chased the frightened Women to the exit and stopped the first one she could.

"No, please, don't hurt me!"

"This is a revolution. You're free. Tell your friends to help us fight."

The woman didn't fully understand, but immediately went to bring back her friends, and the rest of the woman of the community. Relena hurried back, almost tripping over Master Long's body.

"Serena! The Women-" Relena's breath caught in her throat. In the distance behind their backs, there were at least what appeared twice as many as jeeps as their own motorcade, and each appeared to be full, bearing the sign of master Long.

"REGROUP!" Relena screamed with all her might. Serena jerked her face over her shoulder. They weren't more than a mile away before they opened fire on the fort. Serena's group scrambled in the fort, Serena taking a few shots at the tires, scoring a few flats and small explosions that stopped and halted parts of their enemies, causing one fatal crash that killed five. But five wasn't even a dent in the reinforcement of Master Long.

"IN! IN! GET IN!" Serena forgot about the needed liberations and pulled out one of her real grenades and heaved it. She ducked in, running right smack into Relena, both hitting the ground as the grenade went off.

Relena and Serena scrambled up the second the ground stopped rumbling and snatched two machineguns off their stands each, and stood in the doorway of the fort, shooting with full force at anything in the motorcade than moved. Some of the Women they spotted they managed to avoid, but many of them were either hit or killed. When Serena and Relena ran out of bullets, Mistress Valentine and Hilde took over, backed by Sally Po, Lucretzia, and Serena's best friends. The shooting stopped. The women at the entrance dropped their weapons.

"They're finished," said Mistress Valentine. Serena peeked out. Corpses were all over the ground in pools of blood, hanging out of car windows, hunched over steering wheels. Relena took twenty-four of the women and raided the fort. Serena took the remaining twenty-four, some ammunition, and raided the attacking motorcade.

It was a gruesome job. Bodies were pushed and pulled this way and that, glass that pierced the bodies was sharp on the end sticking out, and more women were killed than Serena had thought. The raid of the fort had yielded enough food for everyone at the camp to have three good meals, and enough clothing and undergarments for the camp for months, seeing as they often wore the same clothes for weeks at a time. The motorcade raid yielded nearly a ton of ammunition, plus the dozens and dozens of jeeps that could be cleaned up with seawater and used by the liberators. On the way back home there were fewer in each jeep so that the spoils could be brought, and that was just as well; they needed somewhere to put the food and clothing. The raids were most always what made the days so long, because things had to be examined and organized, food checked for poison, vermin, and freshness, clothing checked for dermal poisons. Battles didn't usually last more than an hour or two, and the newly liberated women were quick to dress and learn to use rifles and handguns. They helped with loading the jeeps, and didn't take up too much room from the other women and the cargo. Serena rode with Relena on the way home, and both of them were completely elated.

Patricia couldn't express her pride with words. Nadine gave her a 'you did the right thing' nudge, and Patricia ordered a ceremony to the two great leaders, and from that day, forward, it was no longer Patricia and Nadine that were the primal leaders. Now it was Patricia, Nadine, Relena, and Serena. Relena and Serena and their company were rewarded with a day of rest. Serena slept for nine hours.

She felt absolutely deathly the next morning. The second she awakened, she rolled over on her side and threw up, luckily not on her new clothes. She wiped her mouth on a dirty sock and tried to stand up. She was a little light-headed from the extra sleep. For some reason she was still tried. She noticed that it was late in the morning, and Relena was gone, but to where? It didn't make sense for Relena to miss an opportunity to sleep late. Serena wandered about the camp.

Relena was right outside Serena's favored exit and entrance, the one that could rightly be considered 'the back', the place where spoils were stored, one of the most closely guarded sections of the camp. Relena was talking and laughing with another woman, who smoked a thin cigarette.

"Hey, you," Relena greeted. Serena smiled with minimal enthusiasm. "What's up, Rena?"

"Nothing, just a little tired. What 'cha guys talkin' about?"

"Yumi was just telling me how great it is to be free. They had that twisted, birth-control deal at their community, too."

Serena looked at Yumi, a pretty, chocolate brown girl with blonde hair and deeply green eyes. Yumi nodded. "I never imagined I'd miss my period. But God I was so relived when it came back. I was eating normal food, no more anti-pregnancy crap, no more feeling almost like a little girl again. But I never got pregnant; those herbs must be pretty good."

"How long were you back on a normal diet before it cam back?" Serena asked.

"A week. And it was the heaviest I'd ever had," Yumi laughed, "I guess it was waiting and waiting to come out, and when it did, it returned with a vengeance: cramps, moods, water-retention, I went to hell for a week!"

Relena laughed. Serena didn't. "How long was it until yours came back, Lena?"

"About the same, or a week and a half. How long were you eating actual food when yours came back?"

"It hasn't."