Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction / Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Urbania ❯ Revolution: Full Scale ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Relena and Serena rode in the fronts of jeeps for the first time in their lives. Both were on passenger sides, squishing their semi-automatic rifles between themselves and the doors, anticipation beading up on their foreheads and running down in salty little rivers. Nadine drove with Serena at her side and Relena was with Patricia. A small fleet of jeeps, driven by ex-prostitutes, free, and freed Women made their way though what used to be Hunter territory to Master Wildfire's community. Patricia was hiding a big smile behind her free fist, and leaned against the door. Relena looked at her.

"What are you grinning so hard at?"

"It's finally happened," Patricia said with pride, "I'm finally going to take down a Master."

Relena felt happy for Patricia. The community was upon them. Relena was suddenly hesitant. She didn't immediately get out of the car and blow the place up. Patricia's hand fell on her shoulder, startling her.

"You want the honors?"

Relena gave an unenthusiastic smile. She unlocked her rifle.

Midii, Sally, Lucretiza, and a pair of Ryo's Women were still playing poker when there were two separate explosions: one sounded like it came from the Arms Room, one the next blew off the door to the residence hall. The five gamblers looked up in astonishment.

"Relena!" they exclaimed.

"Pack what you want to take with you and change if you want. It's over. You're free."

Duo, Quatre, Trowa, and Wufei all burst out of the kitchen, wielding their guns. Hey nearly dropped them when they saw Relena standing in the middle of the hallway, aiming a very dangerous rifle at them.

"Drop your weapons," she ordered them. Remembering what had happened to Heero the last time, the Guards dropped their guns.

"Put your hands behind your heads." She said simply. Serena walked into the residence hall. Between ten and twenty other Women poured in, frisking the Guards and inspecting the rooms. Ryo emerged a moment later, groggy and surprised. He stepped to Serena. Feeling a sudden presence next to her, Serena accidentally hit Ryo's neck with her rifle.

"Serena, what are you doing? Where's Cye?"

"Get over there with the Guards and be quiet."

"Serena, what-"

Serena hit him in the stomach with the butt end of her rifle. He hunched just a bit, as she didn't hit him very hard. "Do as I say and maybe you'll live." Ryo still didn't move, but a much beefier Woman came and pushed him over to his place. Heero was dragged, handcuffed, to the scene with his comrades.

The residence hall was raided. During the raid, the rest of the Men (Sage, Kento, and Rowen) were handcuffed and brought to the same spot as Ryo and his Guards. Their Women were freed and given new, comfortable clothes, and weaponry. Sally and Lucretzia seemed to be more at home with the artillery than any other Woman. Milliardo wasn't handcuffed or ordered to get with the other Men. Serena noticed.

"What's the deal with that guy? You're just letting him go?!" she asked Nadine.

"Huh? Don't you know who he is?"

Serena shook her head.

"That's Milliardo Peacecraft. He's Relena's brother."

That hit Serena pretty hard. "Why…how…he didn't try…."

"Listen, babe, ya gotta chill for just one sec-I gotta finish up this raid and then we'll talk." Serena was dazed. She could only help move things out to the cars.

The place was cleaned out in a matter of minutes. Patricia and Nadine, along with seven others, lined up the Men and the Guards and lined themselves up. They raised their rifles.

"Ready!" Nadine called. Serena perked up.

"Aim!" Nadine called. The line of Women focused on their individual targets. Ryo held his breath.

"Fi-"

"STOP!" Serena screamed, firing her rifle at the bare ceiling. The Men ducked, and the Guards and Kento dove on their captors, causing accidental shots into the air and all around. There were too many for the bound social criminals. Two strong Women pulled Kento and each Guard off and sufficiently beat them. Relena laid her hand on her heart, closed her eyes and breathed hard-she'd almost lost Heero. She opened her eyes. Heero stood there beside Duo and Ryo with a bloody mouth and a black eye, but he was alive. She bit her lip and grasped her rifle. Was this worth losing Heero? Was Heero worth keeping? He'd done some horrible things to her. He'd done some beautiful things with her. He…he…he loved her. Relena looked at Serena. Patricia was very slowly approaching her after the chaos had ended. Patricia laid a hand on Serena's shoulder.

"Serena, why did you do that?"

"You never said we had to kill them." Serena almost growled.

"You didn't think we could just prance in here, take the Women, and leave, did you?"

"We could just leave now. They're tied up, they can't hurt us."

"They need to be punished."

Serena was again dazed. "That's not for humans to do to each other…."

"What?"

"If we kill them, we'll be repeating their mistakes. We won't be any better than them. Is revenge worth it?"

Patricia paused. "If we let them go, some other rebel group will kill them."

"If we let them go, they'll survive. This Ryo Sanada we're talking about. Even he deserves another chance."

"He chose this life-"

"Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, his life isn't his fault? Maybe he wasn't taught any better. Maybe he needs another chance. Maybe-"

"Are you in love with him?"

The residence hall was silent. Serena looked at Ryo. Ryo looked at Serena. His eyes were moist and blood shot. Heero loves me, Relena thought. He loves me. She stepped forward.

"Serena's right, Patricia," she said, "Let them go. They don't have any more power. If they survive and they don't change, we can always knock them off later."

Heero was surprised to hear Relena say that. He began to wonder if she really would kill him….it wasn't like she didn't have the chance….

Patricia sighed. This was her chance. If she brought Ryo Sanada's head before the Women of Tokyo, she's be put on a pedestal for the rest of her life. Ryo was her meal ticket. She didn't have to listen to these two rookies. She was the leader. She was the head honcho. But she wouldn't be anything without her team.

"Uncuff them," she muttered reluctantly.

"You sure, Patty?" Nadine asked.

"No, just let them go before I change my mind," she looked at Ryo, "Look here, Master Wildfire," she grunted mockingly, "I wouldn't stay here. Like I said, there are other rebel groups out to kill you."

"Nothing I'm not used to," Ryo accepted with a smile.

Midii and Sally went about freeing the men's hands. They rubbed their wrists. Nadine began to lead most of the Women out. Patricia backed away, then turned her back and was gone. Midii kissed Trowa's cheek.

"Thanks for not beating me up," she said sweetly. Trowa nodded. Midii smiled and went after the rest. Milliardo watched Lucretzia leave before leaving himself.

"Milliardo!" Ryo called, "Who are you?"

Milliardo smiled. "A friend to Women."

"You mean a spy for the revolters?" Heero corrected. Milliardo ignored him.

"Yuy, of all people, I didn't want to see you live. How dare you treat my sister like the garbage you are. Come on, Relena." Milliardo signaled to his sister. Relena looked at Heero blankly. She turned to leave.

"Relena, wait," Heero called, making his way to her. Relena faced him with the same emotionless expression.

"Where are you going?"

Relena turned her back to him again, walking away.

"Relena, wait, please," he took her arm. She looked at him.

"I'm not allowed to talk. You know that. You made that rule up around here." She pulled out of Heero's grasp. Heero's neck flinched. His beautiful eyes sparkled.

"So this is good bye?"

Relena cocked the rifle. She turned and walked quickly away. Serena was still there, standing in front of Ryo.

"Are you going to leave me, too?"

Serena nodded. "I have to. I belong with the other Women. I believe in what they're doing."

Ryo nodded, looking down.

"Hey," Serena smiled. Ryo looked at her with sad eyes. "You know where I used to live? Somewhere on the outskirts of that district is a bomb shelter that goes pretty deep into the ground. There should be plenty of room for all of you."

Ryo threw his arms around her. Serena dropped her gun and hugged him back. She pulled away.

"I'll be with you again, Ryo. It may be months, it may be years. But we'll be together again. I know you'll survive." Ryo let go of her and picked up her gun, laying it in her hands.

"Fight hard, Princess."

Serena paused. "What did you call me?"

Ryo smiled shyly. "Princess."

Serena blushed. "I am, aren't I?"

"To me, anyway." A honk fest ensued outside. Serena looked over her shoulder. She looked back at Ryo. She didn't say goodbye. She looked at him longingly, and walked quickly away and out of the community.