Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Desperation ❯ Taking Action ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER 15

"Goten-" Chichi called after him running after him. Goku grabbed her and pulled her into a hug. She tried to push him away, but he was to strong.

"Vegeta! Trunks-" Bulma cried out, collapsing. Videl caught her and set her down on the ground, kneeling beside her.

"Serena!!" Raye cried out, running after her, only to have the portal close in her face. "No! How could this be?! This is all my fault! I shouldn't have told Vegeta to make that wish…this is all my fault," she said again, tears streaming nonstop down her flushed cheeks, as Lita and Amy comforted her. "If it wasn't for me, Kakou wouldn't have had her way and Serena wouldn't have gone after her. She's already lost so much, and when the dragon wouldn't bring her parents back…this is entirely my fault." Raye broke down, and the strength to stand left her body. Lita caught her and carried her inside as the others followed. She set her down on the couch facing the window.

"Raye, it's going to be alright. Serena's tough. She survived the fire at the school, the loss of her parents, the kidnapping of her brother…She'll make it back to us alive," Lita soothed her upset friend.

"Hell, she even survived Vegeta's training," Goku tried to cheer her up, but to no avail.

"And Vegeta and the boys are with her," Amy added helpfully, glancing at Goku for support with her statement.

"It's not your fault. Vegeta would have gotten his way. And Goten and Trunks as well as I wanted it to," Goku said sadly. Lita turned her attention to Gohan.

"Is there anyway we can get to your world?" she asked hopefully. He thought for a moment.

"Hey Bulma?" Gohan said thoughtfully. "Could you invent something that could get us back?" Bulma slightly shook her head.

"I can try, but the year would probably be up before I could. Trunks had even said that it took me mother three years to build the time machine, and that was in the future," she answered, referring to future Trunks, the one that warned them about the androids. Gohan forlornly nodded. Seeing their distraught faces, she added, "But I will try."

"In the meantime, we will continue to train you," Goku said seriously, before the confused girls could ask about this Trunks and inventing a time machine, taking charge of the situation. "We can't help them now, but when Bulma's finished developing the invention, or when the year's up, which ever comes first, we'll be able to. I just hope Piccolo doesn't die." Gohan looked alarmed because he hadn't considered that.

"What if this Piccolo guy dies? What happens?" Raye asked, preparing herself for the worse.

"He's the one that created the dragonballs. If he goes-"

"So do they," Goku finished his son's statement.

"We need to get the rainbow crystals to find the Imperium Silver Crystal. Once we bring them together, the princess will come. She's our only hope." Everyone turned to Luna, whose presence had been forgotten until now.

"Luna…Serena has our only crystal, and we have no idea who Tuxedo Mask is," Amy said helplessly, feeling powerless to do anything.

"Then get it from her. That shouldn't be a problem. Our problem is finding Tuxedo Mask. He has some of the crystals, and the Negaverse has the other. We can't allow the crystal to fall into enemy hands. If it does, they'd be invincible…not to mention if they use it correctly, it could give them immortality…" Luna trailed off, and their eyes widened as gasp filled the room. Luna had been unconscious and didn't know that Serena, Vegeta, and the boys were in another dimension.

"Kakou's already powerful! We can't afford her getting immortality!" Lita yelled. "And to make it worse, Serena's got the our crystal! We have no way of getting it here!!"

"But if the Negaverse has the other crystals, then we have nothing to worry about, right?" Raye asked. Amy shook her head.

"Kakou would just come back for them since she has the ability to cross between these two dimensions," Amy said.

"There's one thing we can use to our advantage…since she's Frieza's sister, she has the same pride as him. Pride was his downfall, and, with any luck, it will be hers as well," Goku said to the others, but mainly Gohan since he was the only one here that had faced Frieza with him. "You with me Gohan?" Gohan nodded determinedly.

"NO! I will NOT have my baby going up against some evil monster!" Chichi declared.

"But Chich-" Goku protested.

"NO!! He's already missed a WHOLE day of school! We need to get back home! I still can't believe you talked me into letting him go on this trip!" Chichi screamed. She started to tremble. Goku and Gohan stared worriedly at her. She shook her head back and forth in a denial state. "I've already lost Goten," she choked out through her incoming sobs. "I don't want to lose you too…"

"Mom, Goten's going to be just fine…and you know I need to do this," Gohan broke the news to her softly. Chichi pulled him into an embrace. Gohan tried to calm his heartbroken mother by rubbing her back lightly. She suddenly pulled away from him.

"I know," she smiled weakly as another tear fell from her eye. "Just promise me that you'll be careful…" Gohan nodded as he enveloped her into his arms.

"I promise," he said. He wasn't sure if he was going to come back from this alive, but he knew that he hadn't promised that. He promised to be careful, and he would, but some things are impossible to avoid. Things like death.

Lita glanced at Bulma.

"Bulma? Are u okay?" she whispered, stooping down to eye level. Bulma's eyes contained nothing in them. Even the pigment in her skin was gone. "Bulma…" Lita cried softly.

"I…I…" Bulma said as she went completely pale. "Vegeta…my son…"

Videl sat next to the distraught Bulma.

"It's going to be alright Bulma. They're tough. They can take care of themselves. Goten and Trunks can fuse, and Vegeta is one of the most powerful people I know. They'll be fine," Videl tried to comfort her. Bulma's eyes turned blue again and the color of her skin faintly came back. She nodded reluctantly.

"Thanks Videl," she smiled. She remembered when the World Martial Arts Tournament had begun, and how Chichi had wanted Videl to win her match because she thought Gohan and Videl made the cutest couple. Bulma didn't really care for her because Videl was Hercule Satan's daughter, the man who took credit for beating Cell even though he had cowered behind a rock to let 12-yearold Gohan handle it. Videl had grown on her though and she didn't mind Hercule as much anymore since he had helped save the world against Majin Buu, even if it was only a little.

"Raye?" a wobbling Chad stood slowly to his feet. "I just had the funniest dream…in my dream, you had said you were Sailor Mars, and they were there," he said pointing toher friends. Raye smiled impishly at him.

"But Chad…I did," she said innocently as he fell back to the floor.

"But…" Chad protested. Her grandpa had awakened a little while ago, and was listening to their conversations since they had returned inside, but had laid there quietly.

"My granddaughter is Sailor Mars…I should have guess, staying out late some nights, always by the fire and asking us to leave while u did something," Grandpa laughed. He sat up and Raye hugged him gently.

"I'm sorry, but I had to keep it from you. I didn't mean to bring you in on this…" Raye apologized. Chad crawled closer and listened as Raye told them everything she knew about Kakou, the others scouts, the crystal, Luna, and the Z gang.

At the mention of her name, Luna had came and wriggled into Raye's lap, listening to her story. Raye told them in detail what she and the girls had gone through since this morning. Luna gasped when Raye had gotten to the part where Serena, Vegeta, and the two boys had entered the portal and how they can't go after them until a year later. During all this, Chad had unknowingly slipped his arm around her shoulders, unknown to them maybe, but not to Grandpa. He smiled.

"I think it's about time to get to work. The situation is more serious than I had originally thought. We need train to face Queen Beryl, destroy her and her generals, and gather the crystals that they have. The princess may be our only hope." Luna said, getting everyone's attention. "Then we'll find out who Tuxedo Mask is."

Raye looked out the window, and the girls followed her gaze, forgetting momentarily about the crystals.

"I sense something…" Raye began, breaking the silence and thoughts of everyone around her, standing slowly and making her way to the window. Goku followed her closely, also sensing something. "Oh no…I've felt this before…that's Queen Beryl…" Raye gulped.

"We may have to face her now…but that shouldn't be too hard, seeing how strong Goku and the others are," Luna stated, jumping onto the couch to look out of the broken window.

"You mean the person that youma was talking about?" Gohan asked, feeling for a power level, but finding none. "I don't sense anything…"

"That's because she's not of our world," Goku explained to his son. "We can feel Kakou because she is from ours, and this world has something different than ki. Here, u could only sense if the people are good or evil, something u can't do in our dimension. That's why we couldn't sense the scouts' power."

"But I felt Serena's ki," Videl mentioned, trying to make logic of what he said. "When she was training with Vegeta, I felt it rise." Goku turned to Videl.

"I know, and that's been bugging me since we got here…she's different, somehow," Goku said more to himself. Gohan concentrated to see if he could feel anything at all.

Amy spotted a small 12-inch black and white TV. She walked over to it and carefully turned it on.

"Just in, monsters are attacking all over the city! Japan's government has sent in its finest, but they don't seem to be getting anywhere!" A small video came on, and everyone crowded around the tiny TV. The footage showed guns being fired at the youmas. "It seems there is no hope for Japan. Where are you Sailor Scouts?!" The TV went blank as a youma jumped into view, striking the reporter down.

"How terrible…" Amy trembled.

"Alright, we'll split up in teams. It'll be the fastest way to take care of the youmas. Gohan, take Videl, Raye, and them," he said, indicating towards Chad and Grandpa. "I'll take the rest of you." Gohan nodded in agreement.

"Let's go. As soon as well kill all of them, meet back here, where we'll continue training. Remember, every second counts, and we may not be able to bring back all the people these monsters kill." With that, the two teams went their separate ways. The group knew that, besides Kakou and maybe Queen Beryl, the youmas were weak and they could easily deal with them.