Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Desperation ❯ Venus Awakes ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER 17

"You're doing great, Serena!" Goten called from the side. They had flown a couple miles away from the island, and landed onto a bigger, deserted one.

"Now take that energy and see if you can make it any bigger," Vegeta demanded, and Serena did so. She pulled forth all the ki she could, and the ball grew bigger with each second. Her hair rose from the amount of energy she put forth. "Push it off the ground."

Serena wasn't sure what he meant by push it off the ground, so she took her ki, and aimed it at the ground and threw it. The ground beneath her crumbled, and she jumped out of the way before she fell into the small crater that it created. Serena was amazed at how big, or at least big to her, the crater was, about twenty feet across, and thirty feet deep.

"Wow," was all that left her mouth. Vegeta smirked, he knew she'd do that, and he had wanted to judge how far along she was with her training. A lot farther than he anticipated, even though she still had a long way to go. He glanced up from the large hole to Serena, who was swaying back and forth, a distant look in her eyes.

"Serena? Are you okay?" Trunks asked worriedly. Suddenly her legs gave way, and she collapsed to the ground with a thud. "Serena!!" Vegeta watched as Goten and his son went to her side.

"Come on, wake up!!" Goten feared the worst.

"I learned this from school," Trunks said, bending down and grabbing her wrist, pushing slightly in. He sighed in relief. "She's still alive! But her pulse is very weak."

"Let's get her back to Master Roshi's and let her rest a bit. She needs water and food."

"Nonsense," Vegeta rejected the thought. "She's strong, she'll wake in a few minutes." Trunks looked pleadingly at his father.

"But dad-"

"No," he answered in a final tone.



"Where is she?! I felt her presence here! Tell me where she is!!" A girl with long blonde hair said in desperation. Krillin was stunned.

"You mean Serena?" 18 asked, drying the dish with a rag. She gently placed it in the cupboard. The girl looked quizzically at her.

"How do you know her name…" she asked suspiciously. "Sailor Moon would never reveal her identity! Answer me!" she finished frantically.

"You just missed her. She left with Vegeta," 18 said calmly.

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"She left almost as soon as she got here," Krillin finally spoke. He walked over to the teenaged girl. "She won't be back till later tonight probably, unless their stomachs tell them otherwise. The only thing we can do is wait. Vegeta wouldn't want us interrupting her training."

"You don't understand! I MUST speak with her!" Krillin looked into her bright blue eyes. He could tell she was hiding something.

"Why?" Krillin prodded, hoping to get some reply that was truthful.

"That's for Princ-uh, Sailor Moon and I to discuss!" Venus silently cursed herself for the slipup. She only hoped that they didn't notice it. Unfortunately for her, 18 had, though she wasn't going to say anything to her just yet.

"They'll probably be back soon. Knowing Vegeta and the boys' appetites," Krillin laughed. "You can talk to her when she comes back." Sailor Venus sighed and sulked off into the living room, where she found an old man. The man was watching an aerobic workout on the television.

"I need to watch the news," she ordered, picking up the TV button to turn it to the news channel.

"What'd you do that for!!" Master Roshi yelled, finally turning to the person who had interrupted his 'workout'. His face turned red at the sight of her. "Well, you can make it up to me by taking a little walk with me around my island." He grinned, looking over her outfit. She was wearing a fuku with an orange miniskirt, and blue bow. Her hair was pulled back with a ribbon.

"Please, I don't have time for you, you sicko," she said, flipping through the channels.

"Anything I can help you with?"

"No."

"Are you sure?" he insisted.

"Actually, there is ONE thing you could do for me…" she watched as he smiled. "Get the hell out of here before I kick your ass!!" she screamed at the top of her lungs. Even though this was his own house, he left rather quickly up the stairs. Venus knew that she could win, and she could, but she wasn't so sure with the other two…maybe the man, but not the woman. That's why she didn't order them to take her to Serena.

"Finally," she breathed when she reached the news channel.

"Fires have broken out all over the globe! We have every fireman out there, as well as some volunteers, trying to put a stop to this madness, but the fires only seem to grow stronger, or when one's put out, two more appear to take its place!" It showed many pictures of men putting out fires, and others going into houses and coming back out with a child. Some never came out though…

"This isn't good…" Sailor V. whispered to herself. "I need to find the princess right away…" She said only loud enough for her own ears to hear…that is if 18 weren't standing right behind her unnoticed in the shadows.

So that's what she's hiding…18 walked back towards the kitchen, careful to stay out of Venus's sight. She would bring it up later.