Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Kajin Itsi Dsrate ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kajin Itsi Dsrate

Chapter Three

"I don't know." Gohan said.

Gohan had never seen a flower quite like to on he held. The flower was a snowy white, and it actually sparked with life.

"It's really pretty." Goten said. "I've never seen a flower like that before."

Gohan set his brother beside him and walked to the house, "I should go and do my homework. Yeah, that's it."

He got to his room without incident and inspected the flower more closely. How could a flower sparkle? The only other flowers he'd seen that were like that were in that dream.

A thought occurred to him. Maybe it hadn't been a dream. Maybe it had been real. But… it had to be a dream. Nothing else could explain it.

He'd never had a dream so real except in the hyperbolic chamber. Sometimes he couldn't tell the difference from what was the dream and what was real. But that had all been because of the stress and intense training.

He twirled the flower around. He remembered the girl picked two flowers, a pink and a white one. He wondered if hers sparkled to.

Gohan shook his head. The girl was just a dream. Maybe a new breed of flowers where growing for some reason or another.

But why and how did this new flower grow? He asked to himself.

Maybe all the Ki blasts gave mutated the soil or something. But, if that was true we would see knew flowers all the time.

Gohan sighed he wasn't going to figure it out that day.

He sat down at his desk and took a piece of paper from his desk. He began to try and draw the girl. But, he wasn't very successful. He couldn't get her hair to flow just right and her eyes lacked something.

He set his pencil down. He drew her sitting down in the garden of flowers. Her hair was blowing gently in the breeze. The flowers were shaded lightly, to represent the two different colors.

He put the paper with his other drawings. He knew he would have to find a better place to put them before someone found them.

Something then occurred to Gohan. Why hadn't Goten or Trunks followed him? They were always following him. He got his answer by looking out the window. Vegeta was sparring with the boys. Gohan smiled lightly, they weren't doing much better then they did with him.

Which brought him to Vegeta and his fight. It was true he hadn't trained in awhile, but surely on little kick couldn't knock him out. Gohan had studied the Human brain. He knew that Vegeta didn't hit him in the right place and not nearly hard enough.

He could take a bullet to the head without even a trace of a bruise. So he couldn't figure out why he was knocked out.

It had to be the dream. He remembered during the fight, he felt like something was pushing him back. Something was suppressing his abilities and strength.

Another thought came to him: Maybe they had yet another enemy. He thought about telling Vegeta but decided against it. After they weren't even bad dreams. They were just confusing. He could sense that the person in the dream wasn't evil. It was probably a pretty normal teenage dream or at least as normal as Gohan's dreams got.

Besides, if he did tell Vegeta about something suppressing his power, Vegeta would be doubtful. After all, why didn't suppress his power too? Gohan's power, not matter how unused, wouldn't be easy to control.

Vegeta would just tell him that Gohan hadn't been training enough and had forgotten how to truly fight.

Piccolo might believe him, but Gohan knew deep in his heart of hearts that what was holding him back wasn't evil. That is if anything was holding back.

But the thought of another threat to the Earth did disturb him. If he wanted to help protect Earth if needed he was going to have to train some. He remembered Vegeta telling him once that a warrior should train even times of peace. And Vegeta was right. Now all he had to do was convince his mother. But that would be as about as easy as getting a brick wall to argue back.

Gohan sighed again. He might have to train in secret. That sounded like loads of fun. Hiding something from his mom might be even harder then to convince her to let him train again. He was one of the worst liars on Earth if not the universe. Gohan began to fell really jealous of his brother.

If Goten could train, why can't I?

Because she wants me to become a scholar, he answered himself.

She never asked me what I wanted be.

She just wants what's best for you.

But not for Goten what makes me different?

"This is ridiculous!" Gohan said out loud. "Why am I arguing with myself? It's not getting me anywhere."

Because you're too chicken to ask your mom, that's why.

Then why don't you ask her?

I am you.

Gohan laughed dryly. He was just waiting for a little devil and angel to appear on his shoulders and talk him into or out of something.

That gave him an idea, he took another sheet of paper out and drew himself. He made little Goten as an angel with wings and a halo and Trunks as a devil with little horns.

Gohan smiled at the picture. He didn't really think Trunks was a devil, but most of the time he was the one who got Goten in the messes they got themselves into. Gohan had to admit that for a five-year-old he could be quite convincing.The only thing I do was think of a plan. He was smart; he should be able to think of something, right? Of course he'd never been naturally devious. He could think of strategies in things like chess and he used to be able to fight on his feet. Although he'd been able to escape his mother from time to time when he was younger, he doubted he could do it everyday.

Gohan knew that he missed training. He didn't miss fighting. He didn't like to pressure of the whole world on his shoulders like it was in the Cell Games.

He also didn't like the other side of him. His Sayjin side. The one who wanted Cell to suffer the way everyone on Earth did. He didn't like it when his hidden personality and strength took over.

He couldn't believe that he hadn't figured out what or who the 'secret weapon' was. He should have guessed. After all, he was the youngest to turn Super Sayjin* and even mastered sleeping in his transformed state before his father. He was the only other person who trained with his father. He might as well as been holding a sign that said 'I'm the secret weapon.'

It had almost been as if another person took over. He had been scared. He had been angry. When Sixteen sacrificed his life and asked him to protect all that he loved. He had actually wanted to fight, really fight. Like he had never done before. Fight to hurt. Fight to kill.

When Cell had produced the Mini Cell's. He had watched in horror what they were doing to the people he cared about most. He snapped. He switched to the part of him that could overcome the odds, not matter what.

He thought he had control over the hidden power, his other self. But he didn't. By the time he had taken control again, it was too late. His father had died to save him and all the creatures of Earth.

For awhile Gohan had resented the pressure that his father put on him. Giving him the burned to fight Cell. Now Gohan realized that his father had did what he thought was best. Gohan figured that his didn't want Gohan to have to fight.

But, the fact, Gohan was Earth's only hope.

There was only one thing he couldn't figure out. How finally did he beat Cell? Once Cell came back from King Ki's Planet

He once again, suppressed his hidden power and the dark personality with it. His father was they're giving him strength to the last second. But Gohan didn't kill Cell on his own. And his father didn't give him that kind of strength. It had been something else. He knew it he could feel it.

About training… The only thing Gohan could think of was to take opportunities to go outside to study, but go through it quickly enough to train a bit. That is until he figured out a way to ask his mother to train. It was all about timing.

"Gohan." Said his mother's voice.

"Hey, mom. What do you need."

"I was wondering if you could watch Marron, Trunks and Goten. Eighteen, Bulma and I need to get some food from the market. We would have asked Vegeta but considering what happened last time…"

Gohan grinned, "I get your point. Is Krillen coming over?"

Chichi shook her head; "He has to get a few things for Master Roshi and didn't think Marron would want to come."

"Sure. I haven't seen Marron in ages."


Just then Gohan felt Krillen's Ki and heard a knock on the door.

~~~

"Hey Krillen. Hiya Marron." Gohan said.

The two-year-old blond smiled, "Gohan!"

Krillen grinned, "We just got her potty trained. And she can walk pretty well too."

Chichi took Marron, "She's so cute! I sort of always wanted a girl."

Bulma made some funny faces at Marron. She giggled. She turned her head and cried, "Mommy!"

Eighteen walked over to her, Chichi, and Bulma. She gave a nod of hello. She wasn't really close to anyone but Krillen, Marron (and she hated to admit, Master Roshi.) I guess being a threat to the world kind of put you off the popularity list.

"Walk!" Marron cried.

Chichi looked over to Eighteen and she nodded. Chichi gently set the blond down and Marron carefully walked over to her father.

"Daddy!" She cried as if she hadn't seen him in hours.

Bulma looked at her watch, "If we want to do everything on time, we have to leave now."

"Be good for Gohan." Eighteen said as she and the other women walked to Bulma's air car.

Krillen gave his daughter a hug and flew off.

Marron's eyes filled with tears.

Think fast, Gohan thought. "Do you want a cookie?"

Marron sniffled, "Chocolate Chip?"

"Yep, my mom just made them yesterday. We only have two left though so lets get it before Trunks and Goten come in."

"Kay!" Marron said and grabbed pant leg.

Gohan shrugged and walked to the kitchen and Marron cried "Wee!" she apparently forgotten all about her tears.

Gohan got the last two cookies out and gave one to Marron, who began to eat it slowly but happily.

Goten and Trunks walked in the house and Trunks called, "We're going to watch TV!"

Gohan was about to say that it was okay, but then he remembered when Trunks got the Porno channel on last time they were alone watching TV. What were worse were all the questions after it. You can guess what they asked about the body parts of the woman. They had been lucky Yamcha or Master Roshi hadn't been there. (Although Vegeta would tell all about sex. Vegeta thinks Trunks is spoiled way too much.)

He quickly finished his cookie and took Marron in the living room and sat down on the couch. Marron sat on his lap.

Trunks had turned the TV onto a Loony-Toon cartoon that was dubbed in Japanese.

Goten smiled at his brother and sat down next to him. Trunk sat on the other side of Gohan.

Marron gasped, "Poor birdie!"

Gohan saw that Lucifer had Tweety hanging over his mouth. But as always, Tweety got out of the way just in time and Marron laughed. "Birdie okay!"

Goten shifted a yawn and in moments fell asleep resting his head on his brother's upper arm. Trunks blinked a few times and fell asleep in the same position as Goten. Marron, not to be left out fell asleep on Gohan's chest.

Gohan shifted a yawn. Watching the others sleep was making him tired. He debated rather or not to sleep. He might have that dream with that girl again. He had mixed feelings about it. He wanted to know more about the dream, but he also wanted it to go away.

Of course a good baby-sitter didn't go to sleep while he was on the job, and with Goten and Trunks on hand just about anything could happen if he fell asleep.

I guess I'm just going to have to sit here. It would be moronic to wake up the terrible twins. It's hard enough to keep them from blowing up the house much less take a nap.

Might as well recite A Tale of Two Cities in my head.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness…

What am I doing? I hate that book. I really am really pathetic. I'm reciting a book in my head. What's even more pathetic is that I memorized the whole dang book. I might just have too much time on my hands…

Gohan sighed, who would have ever guessed he'd be bored around Trunks and Goten? It defied the very laws of nature. It was unthinkable. You might not be happy, but you would never be bored.

But, they had trained hard with Vegeta, so maybe they were tired out. But, Gohan found it hard to believe that either of the two could ever be tired out. Then again they were both pretty young.

Trunks flung his arms around Gohan's neck and smiled. Goten began to snore lightly, waking Marron up.

"Hi!' She cried.

"Hey yourself." Gohan replied.

Marron yawned and rubbed her eyes, "I not sleepy anymore."

"You didn't sleep very long."

"I had nap already!"

"You sure can talk well."

Marron giggled, "Mommy says so too!"

"Your Mommy is smart then."

Marron's lip quivered, "Where's Mommy?"

Gohan said, "Don't worry, she'll be home soon." He couldn't really comfort her in any other way, considering his arms were tied up at that moment.

"When?" she said after a moment, she after trying for a moment to remember the word she wanted.

"I don't know, but I think your Daddy will be here really soon." Gohan said in a stage whisper. He wasn't lying; he could fell Krillen's ki. He didn't think it would take much more time until he arrived.

"Yeah!" Marron squeaked and stood up.

Gohan quickly grabbed her, not caring if he disturbed Trunk or Goten.

Marron looked shocked, and then said, "You my hero"

"I'm not yours anymore?" asked a voice.

"Daddy!" Marron cried happily.

"How did you get in?" Gohan asked.

"You left the door unlocked," Krillen said with a grin and grabbed Marron gently.

Meanwhile, Trunks shifted a yawn and woke up. "Is it time for dinner?" he asked.

"DINNER!" cried Goten, suddenly waking up from his dreams of popcorn and kittens.

"Not quite." Gohan said with a laugh.

"Oh," Goten said, disappointed.

"Could we have a snack?" Trunks asked.

"I don't know." Goten said in a teasing voice.

"Please! It will just be a small one!" Goten pleaded.

"A small snack for a Sayjin could probably feed an army." Krillen muttered.

"Cookie?" Marron asked. She liked the other one she had eaten.

"Okay." Gohan said and Trunks and Goten began to run to the kitchen. "Hold it. I'll make the food."

Krillen laughed, "This outta be good. Last time you cooked, you set your father's hair on fire."

A sudden silence was headed. Gohan and Krillen thinking about Goku and Goten wondering about the father he never had. Trunks just figured this was a time to be quite.

Marron, not understanding the silence, tugged on her father's hair, "cookie?"

"Sorry, Marron, we don't have any more cookies." Gohan said.

Tears welled up in the little girl's eyes. But before she burst into tears, Goten said, "We have a cup cake left! Do you want it?"

Marron smiled and nodded.

Krillen sat Marron down who then promptly followed Trunks and Goten in the kitchen.

Gohan closed his eyes. All the suddenly he felt tired and lightheaded.

"Are you okay?" Krillen asked.

"Fine," Gohan lied. "Can you watch the kids? I need, I mean I forgot to do something."

"Sure," Krillen said uncertainly. He had known Gohan almost all of Gohan's life, and knew that Gohan was lying. (And besides the fact that Gohan might as well hold up a sign that says 'I'm lying' ever time he did lie.) But Krillen figured best just to do what Gohan asked.

When Krillen left for the kitchen, Gohan promptly fainted.

Krillen halted when he felt Gohan's ki drop down considerably.

He back into ran to the living room, with Goten and Trunks not far behind.

"GOHAN!" Goten cried in anguish.

~~~

Gohan groaned, and opened his eyes. He was in the garden again. The flowers were pink and white. The grass was green and a castle was in the far background of the sky.

He scanned the garden with his eyes looking for the girl. He couldn't find her until he turned around. She was standing right behind him holding the pink flower.

For the first time, Gohan really got a good look at her. Her eyes were defiantly blue. They were deep-ocean-blue to be exact. Her hair was silver and went way down past her legs. Her hair was worn in pigtails. Her lips were a pale pink. On her forehead was the crescent moon.

She was wearing a long blue shimmering gown, with no shoes on.

"Who are you?" Gohan asked.

~~~

*Goten and Trunks might be Super Sayjin by now, but Gohan doesn't know about it until Goten is seven.